HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Economy down?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:44 am

As a regular browser of the trade forums my impression is that a lot of units are just sitting there, unsold. Many player stores don't change much. The only time units are moving is during auctions when prices drop below market rates. Or when someone is having a true sale (many players in trade forums are using the word "sale" while still having laughably high pricing)

kfcjamal wrote:

imo, the value of pots should be more than te.
I agree with this. If I enter a player's shop and see something like "1TE=2pot" I exit before even browsing their stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:44 am

Well, i'd say that trading 5* for 6* isn't dead yet. It's just scarcer nowadays. I was able to purchase a MLB Lusoria for half its value in Pots and half in 5*.

Also, Mobage has added tradable pots/TE as early rewards in severl fresh events. Not many, but it's an indicator that they have noticed the problem and are addressing it in test ammounts for now (from what i've seen, tbh).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:55 am

AzakaZero wrote:
As a regular browser of the trade forums my impression is that a lot of units are just sitting there, unsold. Many player stores don't change much. The only time units are moving is during auctions when prices drop below market rates.
I agree with this. If I enter a player's shop and see something like "1TE=2pot" I exit before even browsing their stuff.[/quote]
On these forums people set their prices really high and make a lot of demands.

Like you said if they don't value potions equal to time elixers I'm not gonna trade with them.

If they put at the beginning of the shop "I only want TE, no card trades" I stop looking in their shop.

If they have fresh units at MLB price im not trading with them.

And this is pretty much every shop on these forums. That's why none of their items move.

I've made a bunch of trades these last few weeks all through Kik and in game RCR, and almost none through this site for that reason.

You gotta look for the deals & trades, cause they arent looking for you!

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluerexx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Yea, tbh, I think most of the ppl that does actual trading are not doing it through the forum.

With the newer and more efficient website like ftrade, its kinda obsolete. Furthermore, it reaches a lot less audience than ftrade and rcr as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
razor_monkey

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:09 am

TBH i find it crazy when people ask for 200+te on a card. How the hell do you actually get that much? But then i suppose if you went to every event, and didnt use any of the te/pot given throughout several months as a free player you can maybe save that much. Or just buy it from the store which fanta probably want you to do, but its pretty expensive..

What if there was no such thing as te/pot? Because as a free player waiting for stam and quest cd can be quite annoying. Would there be more incentive to trade cards then? After all its meant to be a TCG right?

Would having no te/pot truly separate the grinders and spenders? Because i find it unfair hard grinding free players, perhaps only getting a 5* at best in a event, whereas the spender, spending less time can just burn money and reach the top of the rankings.

Off topic but I also think for colo/arena the player should only be limited to 1 of the same type of card, so like only allowed to bring 1 Charles not 4x...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belhyde
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:18 am

Time = Money.
More $ you give = Less time you waste

Btw what is TCG? TE Card Game? :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:36 am

The entire time I have been playing this game (since December last year) the value of TE has risen relative to cards. (though sometimes, it seems, it happens in spurts rather than steadily).  I agree with the posters earlier who said that one factor is that there are more 6* cards being released into the environment, probably more than the demand.

Take a look at Camelot for example. She's a great card and I posted on a thread a couple of weeks ago showing how she is similar to Chandelle and Neon in terms of her niche (stats, skill, speed) So basically when Camelot was introduced it added 250 6* cards to that niche, thus impacting her value, and the value somewhat of those other great cards as well. But they are all still great cards, useful and popular.  This will continue to happen as new cards are introduced. But it doesn't take away from the usefulness of any of those cards in your own stable, it just means that you may not need all of them.

There is something I actually kind of LIKE about the huge supply of cards in similar niches though. It's this:
Unlike many other games of this genre I have tried, there is huge variety here in terms of how you can build out your team or bench of cards and who you can use as your leader.  So, back to the Camelot/Chandelle/Neon example: Now you have yet another card in very similar niche that you can choose to fill your team if you are looking for that kind of a card. So you can have fun agonizing over their slight differences (arena damage, land or air damage, or whatever), or pick on based on rarity (Neon), or pick based on looks (your preference)  In a lot of other games, it seems like everyone is using the same leader (or from a small pool of good choices) or a lot of the same cards on their team. I really like the variety here and over time it might make team creation and expressing your personality through your leader even more interesting.

And, you still need to have decent cards in order to play or compete in most events. So you can't just sell "everything" for TE and sit on it, or you won't accumulate anything (other than the equity in your TE) because you can't  play the events. If you just sit on TE then you would likely lose ground over those playing events who are accumulating cards. Also, what's the fun in sitting out every event because you are afraid to trade cards because you are afraid of their future value?  If I get "use" out of a card, it helps me do well in an event, and later I sell it for less than I paid, that's OK because I got value out of it from using it. (Not to mention the joy/fun of having it for a while -this is a game after all!) 

So, we've got to buy and sell and trade cards to be able to keep playing if we want to compete. More cards mean more variety of team creation and expressing your personality through your choice of leader.  I think that the economy will never completely ground to a halt, unless, as an earlier poster said, we just don't get any new players into the game. This means it is in all of our best interests to be kind, helpful, polite to new players and to try and stop scammers/abusers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:47 am

razor_monkey wrote:
TBH i find it crazy when people ask for 200+te on a card. How the hell do you actually get that much? But then i suppose if you went to every event, and didnt use any of the te/pot given throughout several months as a free player you can maybe save that much. ...
Umm, yes, that's exactly what some of us have done.  I played for several months being somewhat active in a lot of events, and accumulating net worth over a long period of time. I think when I got Borage that was the first event I earned a 6* in and it took ALL of my accumulated pots (Dec-May) to get her. So, to answer your question, yes. 

Once you get some good cards then it is easier for future events. You can sell/trade cards you earn for TE/pots for future events, or for different cards to help you do well in the event (Borage has been a staple for me in PVP events for example ever since I earned her). 

If someone is selling (and someone else is buying) a card for 200TE, it doesn't mean it's crazy just because some players can't afford it yet.

You can do it!  Just have fun playing the game and build your net worth (cards+te+pots+ambrosia+etc) over time and then you will have more resources to play with to prioritize which events you want to try to do a higher level of competition in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belhyde
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 am

Tattycoram wrote:
Also, what's the fun in sitting out every event because you are afraid to trade cards because you are afraid of their future value?  If I get "use" out of a card, it helps me do well in an event, and later I sell it for less than I paid, that's OK because I got value out of it from using it. (Not to mention the joy/fun of having it for a while -this is a game after all!) 
^ This part... +1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Economy down?   Today at 5:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Economy down?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2