HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

To buy or lvl up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
V-Clan

PostSubject: To buy or lvl up    Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Hey all. I've been playing for a few months now but recently decided to gain a deeper understanding of Fanta as a whole. Main question right now is - I've pulled a few 6* from packs recently which is cool but I'm quickly realizing how long it takes to level up. It's quite a grind with 38-6 over etc. Then I see that on forums like these you can buy fully leveled 6* units for a varied price range. Can anyone give advice on which route to take? Buy packs like I have been and grind them to lvl 120 or higher? Or buy from another player? Is any method cheaper? How long would it take to level a fresh 6* via quests and enhancing? I feel like my lucks with packs has been good but Idk if it's the norm or what. I don't spend a lot of money. Typically 20-50 per month. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:49 pm

depending on your luck, packs are cheaper than buying a leveled 6*. gods of the same attack type add 3 levels when you enhance which saves time but can get expensive. alternately what you can probably do is, assuming that you have gotten lots of other cards besides 6*s, is trade your fresh 6* plus some 5*s for the same 6* already leveled.
you might get charged more depending on the 6*. Earlier today i traded my mlb lev for a lev and 2 other 5*s as i dont mind grinding that much and i had 2 mlb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V-Clan

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Kanata, thanks a bunch. Very helpful, especially the gods part. I had no idea. I also turn them into exchange shop because I tried enhancing with one once but only got 1xp,must have used wrong attack type. Much rather use them correctly for enhancing instead of exchange shop. Thanks again man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:50 pm

if you want a specific 6* its better to buy te from the store then buy the 6* fully leveled from another player.

Your 6*'s will level, its just takes the right event... like if you have a mass of pots you could just fill your team with 2-3 units that need leveling and pot burn through the event quests (the battles)

Other event are amazing for leveling, training events have recently been the best... during the last training i took 3 6*s and 4 5*s to max level and thats after missing the first 3'ish days because i was traveling.

gods are cheap and great for leveling... you need 40 of them to take a card from level 1 to 120 and will cost 2-3 te per 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V-Clan

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:45 pm

ghost - some good ideas and suggestions there man. really puts things into perspective and let's me know where i can focus my efforts on, especially for leveling units. thanks dude for your help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:

gods are cheap and great for leveling... you need 40 of them to take a card from level 1 to 120 and will cost 2-3 te per 5.
lol what.

Use normal 1~4* feeders until the unit is level 80+. You can easily get there with just your self-found feeders from training and brave points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosCleff
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:54 pm

There are three different methods you can use to level your units:
1) Grinding Quests (2-7 or 43-6 depending on your level of activity)
2) Enhancing with feeders/goddesses
3) Taking advantage of events

Grinding Quests
This is the simplest, but also most time consuming method for leveling your units. Assuming you have a life (and most people do Razz), maxing out your units this way will take a while. To get an idea, you can use Kadaan's Easy Enhancing Calculator, but to summarize:
Level1 to 801 to 1001 to 120
Time (2-7 Runs)10hr 23mins17hr 56mins30hr 31mins
Time (43-6 Runs)23hr 40mins40hr 55mins69hr 40mins
So...yeah...not exactly the best way to level your units...

Enhancing with Feeders/Goddesses
To supplement your grinding, you will want to take advantage of the game's card enhancement mechanic to level up your cards. This will greatly speed up your leveling. Feeders come from a few sources:
1) Brave Packs (1*/2*/3*)
2) Training - 26-5 is usually recommended due to the high Yakov (2*) drop rate and the occasional Catoblepas (3*)
3) Crisis Training (3*) - These pop out now and then during certain events, and are a good source of 3* feeders/monsters.
4) For Spenders: If you buy a lot of packs, you'll probably have a huge supply of 4* cards lying around for use as feeders.
5) Buying maxed (Lv80) or half-maxed (Lv40) 4* feeders.

Usually, you will level your cards using a combination of grinding and enhancing up to a certain point (a matter of personal preference) before you decide to do the rest of the leveling with goddesses.

There are some recommendations when it comes to preparing feeders (which you can find by searching around the forums). If you intend to use maxed 4* feeders, they currently go for about 2-3te each, and there are recommendations for when to stop using them and to switch over to goddesses as well.

Taking Advantage of Events
There are a couple of events of note:
1) Panel Events: Panel bosses provide good exp, make full use of them.
2) Training Events: Arguably the best type of event for leveling your units, but you'll need powerful (6*/7*) and active allies to help you kill the bosses.
3) Special quests/battles during events: These are rather situational - they tend to give good exp, but have a long (10-15min) cooldown. Using te/pots to grind in these quests/battles probably isn't the most cost effective way to level your units (unless you are competing in the event and will be burning them anyways).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 am

Abyssight wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:

lol what.

Use normal 1~4* feeders until the unit is level 80+. You can easily get there with just your self-found feeders from training and brave points.
^^ well i would hope no one would use gods until 80, and my advice was actually to just play the game and use events to level, i was just providing numbers to put into perspective what it would cost to insta buy a max level with gods.... for science!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
V-Clan

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:37 pm

thanks everyone for your input! going to search the forums for some feeder/enhancing details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To buy or lvl up    Today at 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down

To buy or lvl up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: