HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Fantasica Trading (unofficial) - website back online

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xason13

PostSubject: Fantasica Trading (unofficial) - website back online   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:52 am

EDIT: Apologies.  I am forum rusty.  Used to post all the time back when CoH was active...  please forgive me if my formatting sucks Sad

For those of you who use(d) the Fantasica Trading website for PC, all you really need to know is that the construction work is finished, and it's back up.  I only ask that you read at least the home page before digging in--it's a little different.

If you have a bit more time (and desire), then please read on!  (Can't stand "TLDR" replies in a thread.  If you don't want to read, don't!Laughing )

This is more than just getting the word out.  I want to make visitors aware of the 3 reasons why I put the site on hiatus:

1. Time.  I actually don't make it to the forums too often--I juggle quite a bit, and my initial model was too heavy on manual entry.  I had to seriously rethink the design.

2. Perception.  As much as I prize all visitors, I had seen some people quote the site a little too religiously.  It always has been, and always will be, an "estimate" and a "guide".  It's not meant for set-in-stone numbers; the idea is more to gauge a potential trade or put together a decent offer.  And if it wasn't clear enough, I can't change everyone else, only me--so I chose to rethink that approach as well.

3. Feedback.  Some vet players have been concerned about the impact of trading websites on the in-game economy.  The blunt truth is, while the sites are well-intentioned, the concerns are also valid (ESPECIALLY when the misperception listed in #2 becomes too common).  I want to provide the service to game community, but with as little negative impact as possible.  So I felt a new value strategy could make a better long-term impact.

As you imagine, those 3 things add up to a complete overhaul--albeit mostly "behind the scenes".  I considered calling it done if I couldn't find reasonable solutions.  The basic look is the same, the basic idea still exists, and you can't please everyone.  But some things are fundamentally different.

I did actually get some strong support from people hoping to see a Phoenix rebirth.  But I definitely have to stress that the site will only be as good as the people who visit it.  That's the true design--the big risk--and also the beauty.  My biggest hope--request even--is that my vet players out there (and especially anyone who voiced concerns) take the time to visit, even if it's just once in a while--because YOUR input will make it good.  I know most of us who have been playing for longer than a year have strong opinions about the market and probably even cringe at price drops sometimes.  Let's make it count.  Wink

If you've read this far, then I applaud you and thank you!  I'm completely open to having a conversation on this thread--though as I stated, I can be slow to check the forum--but you can always shoot me an email through the website and let me know I need to check in here.

Best wishes!

- Jason
Fantasica Trading
www.fantasicatrading-unofficial.com

Last edited by xason13 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Trading (unofficial) - website back online   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:28 am

Link doesn't appear to be working for me Neutral 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xason13

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Trading (unofficial) - website back online   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:53 am

It was the parentheses around the address, apparently--forum code was reading them as part of the html. Fixed. Smile Thx

Amasuro wrote:
Link doesn't appear to be working for me Neutral 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Trading (unofficial) - website back online   Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Hey ,

I removed your other thread. Please re-read the trading center rules and note that each member may only have one thread at a time in the trading center. If you wish to trade something different, please edit and bump this thread. This will serve as your only warning. Creation of another thread in the trading center will result in a temp ban.

I know that you just wanted to inform us about your website, but the rules of the TC still need to be followed.

Thank you! Smile

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xason13

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Trading (unofficial) - website back online   Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 am

Luzi, my apologies! I did not realize I had created a thread before--I am certainly aware of the rules. Thank you for the assistance.

LuziMiazawa wrote:
Hey ,

I removed your other thread. Please re-read the trading center rules and note that each member may only have one thread at a time in the trading center. If you wish to trade something different, please edit and bump this thread. This will serve as your only warning. Creation of another thread in the trading center will result in a temp ban.

I know that you just wanted to inform us about your website, but the rules of the TC still need to be followed.

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica Trading (unofficial) - website back online   Today at 1:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Fantasica Trading (unofficial) - website back online
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1