HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Unit Speeds within Letters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Unit Speeds within Letters   Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:39 pm

For various events, specifically Colosseum, Battle Arena, and Guild Arena, the letter speed of the units matters.  An A speed is faster than a B speed.  However, within each letter, there are different speeds that are unlisted to players.  Because speeds matter greatly in some of these events (most notably colosseum), I'd like to start a thread that researches which are faster and which are slower within the letter grades.  This information can be useful to people making decisions on which units to use and which not to use.  For the purposes of this thread, we will only be looking at 6*s and 7*s.  In addition, we will only be looking at B Speed and C Speed.  There are not enough A speeds to be worth listing, and D Speed units are so slow that it is simply not as important.  At a later date we can start to investigate 5*'s. Note that this is NOT the speed of the sprites, this is the turn order in colosseums and battle arenas.

I would appreciate the community's help gathering the data on this so that we can put together a comprehensive listing.  Similar to the unit health thread, I will keep a second post with the findings, and if people would post their findings as replies, I can accumulate them all into the second post.

If this information already exists, please let me know and I can stop this project.

Please help me out by posting the following:

Unit XX was faster than unit XX, both B Speed
or Unit XX was faster than unit XX, both C Speed

We can start to put together lists and get everything accurate.  For Battle Arena / Guild Arena, the unit that is leadered does not matter.  For Colosseum, please do NOT make any posts with speeds of either your leader or the opponents leader, as they are given a speed boost whereas other units are not.

***For Guild Arena, please only give speed orders of your own units or your enemy's units.  It is too difficult to compare yours to theirs due to positioning issues.  Battle Arena and Colosseum will give us more exact information, so this will be a work in process.

Thank you all for your help!

Last edited by Minowara on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:39 pm

I will start of the list from meager beginnings.  Please help fill out the list!

All units are ranked from fastest (top) to slowest (bottom)

7*

B Speed
Neolith (Poison)

C Speed
Ingrid (Knockback)
Lana (Slow)
Revere (Poison)

6*

B Speed
Chandelle (Slow)
Paris (Poison)
Alvida (Poison)
Judith (Poison)
Aksana (Slow/IW)
Ran (Poison/Triple)
Margot (Poison/Triple)

C Speed
Ombre (Knockback)
Alhena (Knockback/Quad)
Magnus (Slow)
Krene (Knockback)
Dana (Knockback)
Shana (Slow/Triple)
Bajardo (Knockback/IW)
Stella (Knockback)
Ficial (Knockback)
Lu Bu (Knockback)
Alt (Poison/SO)
Delfina (Knockback/Quad)

Last edited by Minowara on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Please watch during Guild Arena events going on now and provide some feedback!  It may take some time to figure out the exact positions, but we will get there. Yes, deploy positions will affect things, so try to make note of what position they were in versus your position. We will get that all sorted out over time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matakaw
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Any unit with the same letter of speed will vary depends on who will be the first one to attack. The players does not know any of the information regarding who is faster among B or C speed. Sometimes Unit A is faster than Unit B or Unit B is faster than Unit A. Unit A is sometimes attack first before Unit B or maybe Unit B sometimes succeed on first turn against Unit A.

Units with speed order is always the first unit that attacks and do his first turn than the player without speed order.

And for your information, there is a thread that were given discussions about speed I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:08 am

Each letter represents a range of numerical values which sometimes overlaps. For example 'S' Speed would be .3-.5 and 'A' Speed would be .5-.7 and so on. Most of these numerical values we already know from the Chinese wiki and are already listed on the US wiki and <here> under the column 'value' can also be found <here> under 'attack delay' the missing values i believe can be found on the Chinese wiki or guesstimated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ with both of you.

Matakaw -- simply not true. The units are always lined up in the same order, attacker or defender, so they have speeds within speeds. The only place where I have seen any randomness in speeds is if you have two of the same units. IE, if there are 4 Edwins in a colo fight, the order of the Edwins appears to be random. However that aside, Unit A will always go before Unit B based on what speed within the speed units A and B are. Gilberta, a B Speed, is always ahead of Edwin, a B Speed. I'm not sure how you think speed order, a skill, would play into this. Maybe you did not even realize how the units actually work?

Ghost_Star -- You are referring to something different. The 'value' column in that spreadsheet and on the wiki represents the sprite speed, in other words, the attack speed of a unit during a quest. Simply look at Chiara and Dana. Chiara is D speed with a sprite speed of .45. Dana is a C Speed with a sprite speed of .50. In a quest situation, Chiara attacks faster than Dana. That is of no relevance to colo/arena speed -- Dana will always attack ahead of Chiara based on letter speed. And in addition, other C speeds will always attack ahead of Dana because they have a faster internal colo/arena speed.

If this info is on the Chinese wiki, please point me in the right direction. I haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matakaw
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:26 pm

I don't know if that is being investigated well but how if we take a look on their weapon type? Because if Gilberta is always ahead on Edwin's line up, maybe Gilberta owns a faster weapon than Edwin but still it is not yet confirmed since that if they are both have B speed, the perspective that I saw here is a random line up between the 2 same speed units. If Gilberta is always faster than Edwin, therefore, Edwin's weapon attack speed is slower than Gilberta and that is hidden and not yet listed on the wiki.

I don't think so if this is depends on the attack damage but maybe some units attack faster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Updated a bunch of 7*'s based on some screen shots.

For Guild Arena, due to positioning, it is hard to compare your team to enemy team. If anyone has feedback on lineup of your team only or their team only, that would help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:58 am

More findings:

Aksana is faster than Ran
Alhena is faster than Delfina.
The following are in order:
   Ombre faster than Magnus faster than Lu Bu faster than Alt
Shana faster than Baja faster than Ficial
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosCleff
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:19 am

I thought I should add, if you didn't already know, but the attacking sides will have a speed advantage. Meaning to say, if 2 units have the same speed, and are in the same position (on the team formation screen: say 1st column, 2nd row), then the attacking side will always go first.

This is most easily observable in colo with Edwin since so many teams use him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:45 am

Cleff -- yep. Noted. That's why for this event, I'm looking for orders within a single team only. It is too hard to compare one side to another due to positions and attack/defense order. But you can look at your own team and the opponents team and get 2 orders from that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:55 am

More Data from the 9am Sunday fight:
Paris goes before Alvida
Krene goes before Dana

Unfortunately we fought a guild with not many 6*'s, so not much data from this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:01 pm

More Data from the Sunday 3pm!

Stella is Faster than Ficial
Ran is Faster than Margot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:46 pm

I did something like this before.

Then I said meh forget about it.

For the most part except in VERY specific cases, speed in negligible in the arena settings (BA/GW)

The reason for that is speed does not have as much of an impact in arena type settings compared to coliseums.

Also, you have to note : the units you own will always attack first over opposing units if it is the same unit.

What this means is your Charles will attack first over your opponents Charles.

There may be some variance based on the same unit with different levels, but I have never verified this conclusively.

For coliseums, I never bothered to really go further or finalize speeds simply due to the fact that 5 Charles trumps PVP battles easily for the most part.

Also remember, speed demon DOES affect your leader unit in the coliseum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matakaw
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:31 am

BkWiz wrote:
I did something like this before.

Then I said meh forget about it.

For the most part except in VERY specific cases, speed in negligible in the arena settings (BA/GW)

The reason for that is speed does not have as much of an impact in arena type settings compared to coliseums.

Also, you have to note : the units you own will always attack first over opposing units if it is the same unit.

What this means is your Charles will attack first over your opponents Charles.

There may be some variance based on the same unit with different levels, but I have never verified this conclusively.

For coliseums, I never bothered to really go further or finalize speeds simply due to the fact that 5 Charles trumps PVP battles easily for the most part.

Also remember, speed demon DOES affect your leader unit in the coliseum.
This is another point that I'll be waiting to know by others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unit Speeds within Letters   Today at 6:34 am

Back to top Go down

Unit Speeds within Letters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1