HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Arena Skills

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Arena Skills   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Chance of any skill activating is based on the rank of that skill

Defensive Proc skills (will trigger when unit is attacked)

Iron Wall: When attacked, (either individually, or as part of an AoE) will completely negate all damage caused by the attack to itself or other units (in the case of an AoE).  Any procing effect will still occur.

Offensive Proc skills (will trigger when unit attacks)

Double Attack: attack enemy twice for 80% of standard attack each (Colaleon)

Triple Attack: attack enemy thrice for x% of standard attack each (Colaleon)

Quadra attack: attack enemy four times for 47% of standard attack each (Colaleon)

Area Attack:  Attack every enemy unit in the enemies first row (slightly reduced damage) (Colaleon)

Poison:  Affected unit will take a % of total HP damage based on the poison level each time it attacks. A unit that Multi attacks will take damage for each individual attack.
3* = 10%
4* = 13%
5* = 16%
6* = 20%
7* = 23%

Knockback: Attacked unit will dramatically drop back in the attack queue.

Speed order/Slow:  Effectively same thing.  Your units will be shifted earlier in the attack queue.

Attack Boost:  All your units get an attack bonus on their NEXT attack (not current). (Colaleon)

Drain attack:  Attack inflicts 1/2 damage, but unit is healed for that same amount

Critical Shot: Deals increased damage (Colaleon)

Nerve Strike: Prevents a unit from using most skills for a set number of turns (Memphiskite)

Passive skills (seems to be a constant effect)

Berserk: Significantly increased damage (4* appears to be 50% more) based on name, probably reduces HP?

Feel free to offer corrections, not all this information is first hand

Last edited by GnatB on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Arena Skills   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:57 pm

According to the Help Section in Fantasica:

"Critical Shot: Ignores defense skills; inflicts massive damage."

"Nerve Strike: Prevents a unit from using most skills for a set number of turns."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena Skills   Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:11 pm

memphiskite wrote:
According to the Help Section in Fantasica:

"Critical Shot: Ignores defense skills; inflicts massive damage."

"Nerve Strike: Prevents a unit from using most skills for a set number of turns."
Hmm, now we just have to find out how much damage/how many turns. Also be good to get specifics on the multi-attack skills.

Also curious that it doesn't (yet?) mention berserk. My lvl 84 Riona (4*) has displayed attack of 53642.... which based on the formula

0.76 * ( HIGH BASE DMG + MID BASE DMG ) * LEVEL / 100

is should be
0.76 * ( 26893 + 26457) * 84/100 = 34058 *1.05 (middle row) = 35761

So it's my *guess* that it's simply a non procing damage increase. (to fall in line with standard berserk, presumably offset by reduced HP?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colaleon
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena Skills   Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:05 am

Taken from my Battle Arena Damage Formula topic:

Colaleon wrote:
A note on damage modifiers
The damage dealt by your units can be modified by skills in the following cases:

• The Double Attack skill (which is a "Battle Arena only" skill) allows your unit to hit twice. However, each hit will only deal 80% of the damage he would otherwise deal with one hit.
  • The Triple Attack skill (which is a "Battle Arena only" skill) allows your unit to hit thrice. However, this also reduces the damage dealt by each hit. I have not yet been able to confirm by how much it's reduced exactly.
  • The Quadra Attack skill (which is a "Battle Arena only" skill) allows your unit to hit four times. However, each hit will only deal 47% of the damage he would otherwise deal with one hit.  
  • The Area Attack skill allows your unit to hit all enemy units in the first line. However, this also reduces the damage dealt by the attack. I have not yet been able to confirm by how much it's reduced exactly.
  • The Attack Boost skill works somewhat differently in the Battle Arena than it does in the normal Arena. I have confirmed that Camille boosts the attack of all his allies by 17% (so each attack will deal 117% of the damage it would normally deal), but he doesn't boost his own attack. This effect lasts until Camille's next attack (or it simply effects all your units in the queue once, I'm not sure). I suspect other units with Attack Boosts work similarly, but this has not yet been confirmed. It's also unknown if these effects can stack.

A note on Guild Battle events
The damage dealt by your units is modified by the zone you're deployed in:

• Your units will deal 20% more damage if you're deployed in the ATK zone.
  • Your units will deal 5% more damage if you're deployed in the MID zone.
  • Your units will deal 5% less damage if you're deployed in the DEF zone.
Also, Critical Shot does NOT bypass Iron Wall. It's description was indeed that it 'bypasses defense', but this turns out to be more of a flavour text than an actual effect. I can confirm this, for 100% sure, because I saw a Crititical Shot activating and being blocked by an Iron Wall that activated last Battle Arena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosCleff
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena Skills   Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:14 am

Any idea if the level of the skill affects its effectiveness?

We know that skill level determines the skill activation rate, and that for poison the skill level affects its potency as well. Any idea if this may be the case for some of the other skills?

Based on what I've observed in the previous BA, the potency of Slow seems to be dependent on its skill level as well - I had 3 Zafiros and 1 Cats, so I had a lot of opportunity to observe the effects of 4* Slow. Unfortunately, the effects of slow isn't as easy to quantify as compared to poison, but I remember 5* and 6* Slows being significantly more effective than my 4* slows, and can confirm the following observations:
-4* Slow: Activation may not effect any change in unit attack order (I've also observed that 2x activation may not change anything either)
-5* Slow: Will almost certainly switch the attack order with adjacent enemy unit
-6* Slow: Effect is similar to dropping speed of enemy units by 1 letter grade
-7* Slow (Lana): Pretty much pushes all enemy units to the rear of the attack order...

If that's the case, then I expect Speed Order to be dependent on skill level dependent as well. Although it appears to me that the vase effect of Speed Order is stronger than that of Slow - 4* Speed Order by Claire (Hero) is noticeably more powerful than 4* Slow....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosCleff
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena Skills   Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:16 pm

The wiki now has an arena skills page:
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Arena_units

Seems like my observations were right, speed order is indeed a much stronger version of slow, and that its strength is level dependent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznktv

PostSubject: Re: Arena Skills   Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:42 am

GnatB wrote:
Chance of any skill activating is based on the rank of that skill

Defensive Proc skills (will trigger when unit is attacked)

Iron Wall: When attacked, (either individually, or as part of an AoE) will completely negate all damage caused by the attack to itself or other units (in the case of an AoE).  Any procing effect will still occur.

Offensive Proc skills (will trigger when unit attacks)

Double Attack: attack enemy twice for 80% of standard attack each (Colaleon)

Triple Attack: attack enemy thrice for x% of standard attack each (Colaleon)

Quadra attack: attack enemy four times for 47% of standard attack each (Colaleon)

Area Attack:  Attack every enemy unit in the enemies first row (slightly reduced damage) (Colaleon)

Poison:  Affected unit will take a % of total HP damage based on the poison level each time it attacks.  A unit that Multi attacks will take damage for each individual attack.
3* = 10%
4* = 13%
5* = 16%
6* = 20%
7* = 23%

Knockback: Attacked unit will dramatically drop back in the attack queue.

Speed order/Slow:  Effectively same thing.  Your units will be shifted earlier in the attack queue.

Attack Boost:  All your units get an attack bonus on their NEXT attack (not current). (Colaleon)

Drain attack:  Attack inflicts 1/2 damage, but unit is healed for that same amount

Critical Shot: Deals increased damage (Colaleon)

Nerve Strike: Prevents a unit from using most skills for a set number of turns (Memphiskite)

Passive skills (seems to be a constant effect)

Berserk: Significantly increased damage (4* appears to be 50% more) based on name, probably reduces HP?

Feel free to offer corrections, not all this information is first hand
Ummm, what about the "snipe" ability?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena Skills   Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Snipe targets the unit with the lowest max HP.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena Skills   Today at 5:32 am

Back to top Go down

Arena Skills
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1