HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Call me The Rook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TechBroManSir

PostSubject: Call me The Rook   Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:02 pm

What's up?  I started playing a couple weeks ago and decided now's a good time to interact with the community.  It's definitely not because of an upcoming guild event *cough*.  Really though, I figure I ought to sign up if I'm going to lurk around and use  guides/information on this forum.  I've gotten some nice tips from the beginner guides.

So, couple weeks in.  I think my team's got some glaring weaknesses, but it's coming along.  I've got no Pushback, I hate Helmut because his projectile just flat out whiffs too often, and I only have a Lv 2 Slow.  I'm using Follia and Isuka for melee.  Yes, two Poison melee units.  I use Desert, Claudio, and Alex for a nifty Bard and Dancer combo.  And Teresa and Pernilla are my magic units.  I've got poison and buffs, hire me for parties and brawls.  I've mostly been bumming off allies for utility skills.

I'm currently active from around noon to 7 PM PST, and then the night owl instincts kick in and I'm around until 2 AM.  Thing is, I'm looking for a new job, so  I'm kind of reluctant to join a guild because I've no idea what shifts I'll be given when I start at the new place on October 11.  I need to look up the guild battle schedule, if they release that info early.  That'll help me decide if I want to look for a guild.

Well, however that works out, y'all are stuck with me, now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Call me The Rook   Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Welcome to the Forum and I hope you'll have fun lurking around~ ^^

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TechBroManSir

PostSubject: Re: Call me The Rook   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk.

Oh, I am. Been looking through the encyclopedia board. There's a lot of information to take in, some old but still relevant. I particularly like the quest info thread. Still remember deploying Orlando in a solo quest only to watch a bunch of flyers buzz by.

Mind if I ask what the daily roulette's Hyper Something is all about? I can guess that rolling a high number of steps increases odds of getting a card from the current series from the Fanta packs, but then there's that counter at the bottom that started at 100. I want to know if I should plan ahead for when I get 100 steps or not.

I don't think I'll spend ludicrously, if at all, but maybe I should save my Brave for that 100 step thing if it affects all card packs. That's my train of thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Call me The Rook   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:30 pm

Dropping the counter down to 0 means your chances of pulling a 6* from the premium packs increases to 10. It ignores whatever number your cursor lands on and the percentage boosts to whatever it is times 10.

Brave packs are brave packs. Their odds aren't affected by anything other than maintenance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
TechBroManSir

PostSubject: Re: Call me The Rook   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Ooh, thanks for the info. I guess that means I should spend my Brave. So, the card packs that use Premium tickets, are those affected by the roulette or are they similar to Brave packs? I know it's another newbie question, but I can't seem to find anything on the roulette on the unofficial wiki or the Encyclopedia board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Call me The Rook   Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:32 am

Unfortunately, I'm not so sure on that either.

Although Premium Tickets draw from the same card pool the Premium Packs & Mega Boxes get, they seem to have their own draw chance percentage to deter players from relying on them as their best chance at getting 5*s & 6*s.

So even with a 10x chance, you will still luck out from getting anything remotely good from a premium ticket.

Honestly, I find Brave Packs far more 'generous' than the Premium Tickets....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call me The Rook   Today at 11:16 am

Back to top Go down

Call me The Rook
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1