HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Need help with composing my team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Denneth

PostSubject: Need help with composing my team   Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:14 am

Im almost new to the game, would appreciate some advice about composing a good team for events and all stuff ingame.

Already have 7* Archibald, but dont know who else 6* get to complete my team, as I said im new to the game and dont know much how many units I need, nor if it has to be some slow, knockback, poison, etc well rounded, or that doesnt matter.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matakaw
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:41 am

Hmm. Looks like you are not a true poster having to ask this kind of question. Lol

The thing is how do you get Archibald if you don't know how to team up in the arena event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grumpy
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:33 am

lol one of my allies. Got uber lucky and pulled a 7* edea while being only 2 days old. xD

Well, a good unit composition depends on what event you're doing. For general purpose training/quests, your 7* will 1 hit ko everything to the end, so it's pointless to plan.

For events like arena or anything DC based, charles is pretty much king. It's a fast hitting glass cannon, but you put it behind some iron wall unit and voila, you got a protected glass cannons. Doesn't particularly make use of a 7* specifically, but you can just wedge one in there for fun.

It's good to have a balanced team having all of the skills, but in a vs environment, poison damage is so low it's not particularly useful. And in a vs mob environment, poison often does the highest damage (especially spread out).

And fast attacking units are pretty much good at everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:36 am

He was probably a newbie caught up in one of the spender teams that won Archibald, like Neuf Dieux.

Also Denneth, if you're indeed a newbie, the 7* you won was a rare exception. for now you'll have to build up your team with 4* and probably 5* as you gain resources to purchase more powerfull cards for your team. Using the other event cards you won on that time (Phyllis, Demetria and Annette) could help you make a standart team, with one last spot that you'll need to work on.

A suggestion that i would do is to take advantage of your Demetria and persue male cards. Some options include Edwin & Zande,  awesome & cheap 5* that can strike early, Bajardo or Baldomero for Iron Wall (these you won't get so soon, try to get Bernhard, their 5*-equivalent), as well as the famous Charles, a 10 DC 6*.

So, in my oppinion, this is the list of units to aquire in order, if you have your 4 units from the guild event (if you traded any, shame on you):

- 10 DC 4*s, including Nanael, Django and Teresa (the last one is an easy goal on the current event);

- cheap 5* with low DC, like Klavier or Roll

- any of Zande/Edwin/Bernhard

- 1 20 DC or less 6* card (Isis seems to be the cheaper, imo)

- One of either Bajardo or Baldomero

- 2 Charles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grumpy
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:34 am

Vaati wrote:
He was probably a newbie caught up in one of the spender teams that won Archibald, like Neuf Dieux.
Probably should've been clearer. He IS one of my allies. He traded edea.
Grumpy wrote:
lol one of my allies. Got uber lucky and pulled a 7* edea while being only 2 days old. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 am

Ops, my bad then. Don't know how i missed yout post >.>

Still, some of my pointers in my list still apply, although the 4* should be more global than just 10 DC ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denneth

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Im truly new to this game, 3-4 days, but got luck on edea and chain traded twice till Archi, anyway got high resources to get 6*units, not interested in 4* or 5*.

Thanks for the answers btw.

Can anybody else gimme a tip about this topic?

Aside from Archi, how much deploy cost should I cover with units to form a team to participate in everything?

Any precise 6* name as suggestion? or at least type/skills/etc

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:19 am

Hello Ally!

Ok, in Colo (the current event type), if I had Archi (yes I'm jealous Wink) I would use him as the heavy hitter and aim for a team of faster units that slows the opponent until Archi can come in for the kill.

You've used up 30 DC with Archi so for colo you have only 70 more DC to play with, over 4 units.

Charles is the ultimate 10 DC "filler". I put that in quotation marks because he's more than just that, there is no other 10DC unit in the game that is as useful in colo and arena right now. With a 30DC unit on your colo team you would likely want at least 1 Charles just to get back to the 20 dc per unit average. Downside is he has no skill that procs in colo.

Remaining 60 DC over 3 units you could do 20+20+20 or 25+20+15 or even 25+25+10.

20+20+20
Any mix of Coral/Epimeleia/Ludmila/Nanaca

25+20+15
Aksana+Coral/Ludmila/etc.+Nina

25+25+10
Aksana+Aksana+Charles

I've only suggested relatively common units pullable from packs, you could replace these with other, more expensive ones (Limited Edition/rank rewards/etc.) with similar stats if you can afford them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:01 pm

you'd be aiming for:
1 good melee
1 good magic

(since you have 1 really good missile)

for team events, you'd want to look for opportunities to score units like aksana and charles. other units with battle arena skills are not on the same level but are still good.

I recommend if you assemble a team, prioritize this way:
get one unit with iron wall and some hit points. That's Bajardo, Vertex (I think), Aksana, and maybe some of the new ones, there are a few in events right now/events about to happen.
After you get your tank with iron wall, focus on
Slow
Speed Order
Multiattack (double, triple, quad attack)
Nobody knows what Critical Shot does, it might work better than multiattack, so check it out
Stun Smash is coming. Don't know what it does yet. Might prevent someone's attacks or abilities.
Knockback

and that's it. in that order. Slow/Speed Order is best. Speed Order works better if your team is slower than your opponent's. It shouldn't be, but you might not be able to prevent that.
If your unit with multiattack gets poisoned, they'll get eaten alive. always make sure your tank gets attacked first.

It looks like they're trying to make poison more meaningful, we saw this in the gift-giving event where the star battles were interesting. poison affected the entire team and multiattack would have destroyed the team. I personally would love to see that change implemented in the battle arena. But first I want to see a 10 cost 6* with poison and speed SSS to kill teams of charles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharistos
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:22 am

You can have Angela for S speed poisoner, too bad shes only a 4* Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with composing my team   Today at 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Need help with composing my team