HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

They really need to ban Charles.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: They really need to ban Charles.   Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Or change his stats, his cost, his battle arena ability, something.

Right now this guy only serves one purpose: he's the most cost-efficient arena team unit in the game.

Look at the top teams that are currently going strong:

It's a safe bet that they're one of the following teams (or as close as possible as players could get).

7x Charles
4x Charles, 3x Aksana
4x Charles, 2x Aksana, 1x Bajardo.

For that last team there you can basically just throw whatever unit you want into that Bajardo slot to show off your amazing dudettes and dudes. Vertex is probably interchangable. (mine's not high enough level to compare them, even if I had borrowed a Bajardo)

Now I'm not angry about not standing a chance in a million years at winning a battle arena (while it might be cool, my event [where I wanted every single thing that was part of the event] has passed and I'm not bothering with trying to rank, hence my current leader).

But I am a game designer and this glaring issue just really bugs me. This single unit just completely destroys any sense of gameplay balance in what would otherwise be an awesome place to show off the varied strategies you could play around in this arena.

The problem is that there's this one dude, ONE DUDE, who is:
The cheapest that a unit in the game can be for the arena
The fastest that a unit in the game can be for the arena
And on top of already going twice as often as most other units, he gets double attack.

His stats, outside of this arena, would be shoot. but because cost efficiency is what matters, and because there's no limit to the number of duplicates you can have in an arena team, he's broken beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:32 pm

I remember there was a time when no one wanted charles he was even cheaper than Alexander. This was also before people realized his potential in coliseum events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Instead of banning Charles, they need to make more 10 DC 6* units. The main reason he is so popular is he is the only 10 DC 6* unit.

As far as that goes a decent 10 DC 5* unit would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinrasoldier
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 pm

He excels in arena & guild battles, however he is almost useless in most other events. It would be a bad move to modify his DC or stats as he would lose the only appeal that he currently has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alzahar
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:51 pm

It's pretty interesting to see how much Charles' price shoots up when there's an arena event, and then drop as people offload them. But either we nerf Charles (which is unlikely) or more 10 dc finds its way into the game, though that will run into the same problem the you have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matakaw
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 am

They don't need to ban Charles. All they have to do is to provide a rules that the units must not the same just like having 4x Charles in the battle.

Fanta team must apply these kind of rules as soon as possible to prevent abuse of arena units collectible by some rich players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:11 am

ggorrell77 wrote:
Instead of banning Charles, they need to make more 10 DC 6* units. The main reason he is so popular is he is the only 10 DC 6* unit.

As far as that goes a decent 10 DC 5* unit would be appreciated.
^This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
equals399
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:49 am

BA4 decree - No Charles Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharistos
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:03 am

how about 15 cost and above units only Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sealbutts

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:50 am

I think the major problem lies with the fact that only a handful of units have Arena skills, and thus strong arena teams are centred around units that possess such skills, speed, and of course, DC.

Charles just managed to tick all the goddamned boxes, hurraaaaaahhhh........

7x Charles strategically sounds dumb, considering I hear he's pretty flimsy without a tank? Never got the privilege of facing one though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matakaw
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:04 am

We must request to Fanta team to team up different unit so that the players will make a better right choice.

Example:

Charles
Aksana
AragonH
Reimund
Demetria
Nina

This will be better than having the same pack of Charles in one team, and to spread out other Charles transfer to another players to have more chance to win arena battles.

I hope it will be implemented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knightmaster01

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:41 am

I didn't do the last event much cause I kept facing players with 3 to 4 charles... it became unfair at that point. they really need to fix it somehow, like 1 unit of the same name limit in the next arena or something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
japafro

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:20 am

Banning seems extreme. Disallowing duplicates within a team could be more fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shure
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:37 am

japafro wrote:
Banning seems extreme. Disallowing duplicates within a team could be more fair.
^ that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grumpy
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:07 am

The whole point of DC is that you can't bring a team full of uber powerful units where the rich/established players would very easily wreck everyone else. It exists to make the game fairer. So charles being lowest dc and best ruins the principle.

If you make more 10dc 6* units, it doesn't solve the problem of fairness. It can only shift it to more unfair or not shift at all (by being crappier than existing options). It removes the point of having a dc.

I agree disallowing duplicates alleviates the issue. But I would be much more in favor of balancing. Like shifting charles from 10dc to 15 or 20 dc. Even at 20dc, I think Charles will remain to be a competitive card, just not completely over powered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:07 pm

sealbutts wrote:
7x Charles strategically sounds dumb, considering I hear he's pretty flimsy without a tank? Never got the privilege of facing one though.
He is. Charles is a glass cannon. 7x Charles would quite possibly lose to teams of 5*'s. (Charles has approximately 100k less HP than the weakest 5* we know the stats of)

How to take care of Charles if you can't simply fight fire with fire? AoE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kgst
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:13 pm

I really don't think Charles needs a nerf, I just think there need to be more low-DC cards that can fill the roll he fills. Right now him being the only 10DC 6*+ is massive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://FantasiTrade.com
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:38 am

7x Charles certainly SOUNDS dumb and I can't attest to whether it works or not but I've even heard of people fielding a team of 5x charles during these colisseum type events and doing better than otherwise, not because they're that good, but because it takes less time to win fights and so you get more out of your event items like fruits.

If it DOES work the same way in the battle arena, it means that charles would effectively get 6-10 attacks and kill someone, then take a loss and kill another person or two in the next 6-10 actions, then lose another, then attack until thirty actions are up. It's not the damage, it's the fact that he's eating up the entire clock of actions, and if he kills you before you go, you don't get to go.

Of course I've never had the opportunity to actually play with him, and seeing three of him on the opposing team was enough to tear through all of my six stars before they could act, so I can only presume.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Tentacle Love wrote:
7x Charles certainly SOUNDS dumb and I can't attest to whether it works or not but I've even heard of people fielding a team of 5x charles during these colisseum type events and doing better than otherwise, not because they're that good, but because it takes less time to win fights and so you get more out of your event items like fruits.

If it DOES work the same way in the battle arena, it means that charles would effectively get 6-10 attacks and kill someone, then take a loss and kill another person or two in the next 6-10 actions, then lose another, then attack until thirty actions are up. It's not the damage, it's the fact that he's eating up the entire clock of actions, and if he kills you before you go, you don't get to go.

Of course I've never had the opportunity to actually play with him, and seeing three of him on the opposing team was enough to tear through all of my six stars before they could act, so I can only presume.
5* charles is an insta win in colo when under the effects of a large item.. but that only really works on offense.  Items have no effect on defense... and since you're units don't really get attacked in colo, their fragility is irrelevant.

As for BA:
First, 7x Charles (in BA) shouldn't be enough to take out a tank 6*, even if each and every one procs double attack.  The better tank 6*'s have almost ~1 million HP, and a Charles DA does a little under 120k, so 7 would be less than 840k.  (the IW tanks have less than 1 million HP, but IW should more or less makeup the difference)

So, in the 7 Charles's first round, they'll take out... nobody.  On the counter attack, Most 6*'s (other than Charles) do at least 800k on attack, (though some do far more), And since Charles have something like 240k HP, it only takes 2-3 attacks to off one.  So, 7 attacks will eliminate somewhere between 2.33 to 3.5 Charles.  Next Charles salvo, if all DA's, will do ~600k to 720k.  Probably enough to off that first tank, and maybe get the next 1/2 way.  IIRC, unless you have some really slow units, they should still get to go, killing another 2 to 3 charles... now there are 3 to 1 charles left....  and I'm sure you can see where this is going?  Assuming the Charles team goes 2x, they *may* manage to kill off that second tank (again, if ALL DA's proc) and slightly hurt the next 6*, but then they're toast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They really need to ban Charles.   Today at 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down

They really need to ban Charles.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1