HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

A Small Tale of A Generous Being

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:26 pm

*I made an account today just to tell this heartwarming story.  Enjoy.king *

I have been playing Fantasica for roughly a year now.  Why is captivates me so much, I don't know.  It could be the "Final Fantasy Tactics" (a great game for those who don't know of it) art style, or the good ol' tower defense set up.  Either way, that's besides the point.  Through out the year I've played it, I've been cursed with 4*'s for quite a while, which didn't bother me until their use started to deteriorate upon the tough competition of Events and the Quest monsters getting stronger.  Well, today I got on to do the daily check-up, partly to kill time.  On my home page was a message from someone witht he I.D. name of shadowreaper989 .  I guess he found me due to me gifting him star stones in the current "Starfall Bluff" event.  Well, I messaged back, and after a few back-and-forth messaging, he/she expressed sympathy for me playing for a year or so and only have a 4*.  They followed up with a trade for a lvl. 100 5* Bernard, saying,"well its ur lucky day chek ur trade."  I was in shock!  To cut the story short, not only did they give me my first 5* unit, but also many other things such as a vast amount of coins, goddesses, and time elixirs!  My gratitude could not be expressed!  Afterwards, he/she said,"enjoy it do something nice 4 some1 else."
  It's very rare these days to find kind gestures, and I had just recieved one.  I guess the point of this whole this is to prove there are nice people out there, and shadowreaper989 is right; do something nice sometimes, spontaneous kindness can really make someone's day.  Thank you, shadowreaper989 , and not only because you got me out of my 4* rut, but because you showed me the impact small gestures can really make on someone's day.  I hope this story inspired you, if anyone is even reading this, to do something kind for someone else. Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm glad you found such a nice person with a kind heart. Being kind to others and spreading kindness... it's quite something to admire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:02 am

Well, for all the horror stories of scamming wander around in the game (I even witnessed one of my ally got scammed and the scammer teasing her around in her wall), but honestly said I still find a lot of kindness and good will around. I'm sure every active players have got at least one nice experience with their allies. I know I did. And now seeing this story. hmmm...

There is evil and there is good. That's just the way of life I guess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:07 am

I have been gifted some great things, but always by people who are quitting it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:58 am

Nice story!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:28 am

Thank you for sharing this! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:43 am

I started just before the guild event with trade lock. I pulled a Felicia with a premium ticket and got to be a rook for a team of good people. My defensive line had a 1* lol. Many rooks were bribed a 5 star to join a guild I found out later. I think I made out better with all I learned from my team mates myself. I was up to 4 4*s by the time it was over with one being almost maxed.
After guild event was over and trade lock was gone I went shopping with the massive 3 te I had. I was able to get one of my three 4* dream cards , a fresh hero Debbie, for one te. Then I can only say that a seller took pity on me as I got my first 5* for 2 te, 5 non epona goddesses, and 2 epona. I expected a fresh and got max leveled kruez, which I have since broken and remaxed.
Just recently a great fellow who was quitting the game gave me a bunch of misc 4* stuff. He was keeping the "good stuff" to give to his cousin. Included in the non- good stuff was 4* dream card # 2 gunner Debbie. Yippie. Using a lot of the other stuff he gave me I was able to acquire my final 4* dream card furfur.
As a non paying player who started in mid August I have 2 5* and a full team of 4 including my three dream 4s, all because of really nice and helpful people. I try to share the love whenever I can. It's fun giving a 2* ally their first 4* for 1000 Luna.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 pm

That's such a nice story *A*

I've only just started and I've only come across lovely people. Came across some nice high levelled players that helped me out on my first few days by allying me for a while! Just today datgreentea gave out 4*s without expecting anything in return, and I'm still really grateful since I'm just starting out and really lacking in any sort of power. Another sweet person also offered me a 5* card out of no where, and when I told her I didn't have more than 1TE and some SSS to offer, she just accepted it kindly, giving me my first ever 5*!

When I'm able to I'd love to be able to help out other players in the same way, and I don't think I'll ever forget how nicely people treated me rather than scamming me as a new player ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 am

Be nice to others and others will be nice to you too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:22 am

I have one player (who is mysteriously now inactive) who gave me Melissa in the past.

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Mhhh. I love giving and I actually want to give all my allies something, but the problem is, I don't have much, but I managed one thing:

My ally Kev and I planned to get for our ally and good friend Kia a Merrow monster. He got me the stuff to trade, since I'm actually better at it, sorry Kev! D: he gave me a Ethel 7* which I sold for a mix offer of 804 TE + 182 Pots, that was what I got out of the mix offer and later I got 55 and 110 TE from two other ppl, also from Kia, lol. Razz

Later, I decided to buy a 7* Lana to make my offer "better". After a long way I managed to get one for 875 TE and I was so happy and I continued to search for a Merrow, but got declined, also some ppl gave me dumb comments: "That's pretty low for the best monster btw."

My offer was the whole time: mlbLana7* or lvl153Liz7*, depends on what they wanted, with a add of: 52 TE + 182 Pots + Baldo + Manfred... I got rejected by everyone, one said he'll think about it, rather asked if I've a another 7* and I told him I got the Liz from my friend, who would be willing to give me her for Lana. Merrow guy never replied though.

Later, the one who sold me Lana, wrote me a message in Kik that they might get a Merrow soon and would take my offer and I should give them half of a day... One day later... They kik'd me and they had the Merrow monster! I sent him waht I offered and since Manfred and Baldo were fresh, they asked me to level them. I asked Kia if she'd help me and I gave her Manfred and we both got Manfred to 88 and Baldo to 93 and the seller said it is okay, they just didn't wanted them fresh and took my offer.

Kev and I managed to get the Merrow monster. I was too stubborn. I've been told just to give up, but I didn't. In the end, it paid off.

Now get that: Kev and I are free players and we pulled that off. Smile I'm currently the happiest person on the world, since we made Kia so happy. She told us she was shacking and can't stop grinning and smiling for a hour and her hubby distracted her and she got kinda mad at him, when she suddenly had done the wrong order in her defense. xD

TL;DR: Kev and I got the Merrow monster for Kia and Kev supplied me with the stuff to sell. He could charge any time Kia for something, but he won't. <- Talking about generousity. He did alts to get his Maidens and he wanted a full maiden team, but gave up on this, so we can get for Kia Merrow. Kev is a true hero. He had the chance to tell me to stop selling and give him his Lana, but he didn't.

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Ok so you got to see the story from Luzi's side as to the effort that went into what they pulled off for me. And apologies for the long wall of text, there's a TL;DR version at the end.

I am one of, if not the, biggest mermaid fanatics you will probably ever meet. Some know of my collection some do not so in short: I have over a dozen porcelain mermaid dolls, some Ariel from The Little Mermaid Disney move, many are not as my fanaticism (ok fine obsession) has grown over the years. I have two cloth mermaid diapers (yes I said diapers) that I plan to use as pretty diaper covers for my kids (did I mention I don't have any kids yet). I have a sheet/blanket set already ready for a child's size bed. In addition I have the start of a small bubble rider figurine/statue set of fairy mermaids (two of my favorite things), a mermaid incense burner, and many many many sets of plastic toys still in the box from the movie.

Ok now that you know at least in part the extent of my, fine call it what it is, obsession with mermaids. I started playing fanta back in May before any of the 7*s were ever out, stashed and started the leveling process on my first 4* mermaid monster card and have continued to take donations of her as well as collect as many tritons as I can (not as feeders but because I love mermaids and mermen). When I saw Merrow my heart skipped a beat and was torn in two at the same time. Being a frugal the only hope I had was to continue to save up as many of those personal pots in hope that I would have enough time to try to rank for her and try to save up enough tradeable resources to try to buy a second one so I could have both the unit and the monster of my dreams.

Then mid way through the guild arena (with the fantabulous Zombie Frugals and zombierific Frugal Rejects), the nature girls came out, which meant Merrow was on her way. And I will be completely honest I cried. Not only had I not had enough time to even save up anywhere near the number of personal pots but it coincided with my Prospectus defense (I'm in grad school for astrophysics, it's my proposal of what I want to do as my project for my PhD thesis). I knew then and there that there was noooooo way I could even pretend that I could participate.

This is when plotting began, although it was more plotting than I had known was going on at the time. A significant portion of the group of Zombie Frugals had essentially given up ranking in the event and spent their time trying their luck (as frugals sometimes do) at getting a famed 7*. Some were lucky (Luzi), some were extremely lucky (Ani), some should have played the lotto with their luck (kev) and some *points at herself* were very not. So a plan came into fruition, we were going to try to take some of that luck and turn it into a Merrow monster for kev. And with real life creeping up on kev, he felt that a temporary guardian of Merrow (this still had me in complete awe) was in order and knowing my love for mermaids said I could do so if we pulled it off.

So kev gave Luzi one of the spare 7*s Ethels (yes I said spare lol) and she turned it into a mlb Lana + additional tradeable resources and when the event ended went hunting for that prized Merrow, queen of the sea. I pitched in what I had saved since May between goddesses, sss, ssl, turning my pots into te, 3* feeders, all things we frugals do for that slow and steady save up to have enough to do something with. I had even told Luzi and kev, on many occasions, to just give up and let kev have his Lana to complete his maiden trio. Then it happened, there was someone willing to make the trade for what was offered, but we needed to power level a couple 6* cards that were in the offer. So I blew through all my feeders from the training event and 40k brave to pump one of them 2/3rds of the way to max. And the trade went through! At this point I'm already giddy knowing I'll have the opportunity to album her and hold her and pet her even if she wasn't mine. Mind you I had been, or so had thought I had been, in negotiations for how to pay her off even if over an extremely long period of time.

Luzi had her and I couldn't stop bouncing and insisted kev take her first since she was his that way he at least got to album before swapping custody and I had saved all my ambro to lb her for him. This is when they laid it on me (and yes I'm already tearing up just thinking about it). She's for me... for little frugel me. Jaw dropped, tears welled up, grin spread across my face. I could hardly contain myself. She got traded to me, swapped around and albumed between all of us and then some and then came back into my hands. I was in complete shock, still hadn't comprehended it.

I started to pull out all those mermaid and triton monsters to make a mermaid parade, I kept getting the order I wanted wrong cause I was so excited and shaking. (mind you all of this while trying to play a multiplayer computer game with the hubby, two brother-in-laws and my father-in-law and getting scolded that I wasn't focusing to the point where I had to step away and tell him to quit distracting me) I get that mermaid parade set up, throw Dauphin in for good measure and take my twins (noir and blanche) at Luzi's suggestion as her body guards. I don't know how many times I had to have them cancel trades cause I kept goofing up. I also still don't know how many times I go to my unit list just to look and make sure she's real (even between sleep cycles).

I was and even though this post may not look like it still am completely speechless. Luzi and kev taught me never to give up and I won't. I will also end up getting them back when they least expect it (Cam is also part of that "them" as I came to find out he pitched in as well and had been actively looking for one too). They won't know when, what, or how but I will find away. It also reinforces the human generosity part of this game that many don't get to see. This was an effort of not just frugals and penny pinchers but also the generosity and consideration of some top rankers/spenders (locating and getting that merrow and being willing to take the offer we had) that we all don't get to see that often.

TL;DR: I'm completely obsessed with mermaids (even want to be one) and saddened when the event came out and I couldn't participate. Kev (his stuff) and Luzi (her effort) were sneaky (both plotting), as I thought I was helping out to get Merrow and being given temporary custody of her. They pulled off the biggest gift in a game I have ever been given. This was an effort of not just them but also generosity and consideration of top rankers/spenders that isn't seen by many even if it does happen. I am still wiping tears as I write because I'm so appreciative and happy. And I have plans to not only get them back but also to pay it forward when I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:54 pm

^Nice story Kia, Luzi, always nice to see stories about the community, because I just started a month ago and was kind of hoping there'd be an active forum as well as game community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Small Tale of A Generous Being   Today at 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
A Small Tale of A Generous Being
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1