HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Death of TEs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:06 pm

I've noticed the TE's are getting harder to find these days...Dang TE(P). Do you all think it's going to make them more valuable, or do you think people are going to start asking for luna for trading more?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:40 am

I don't think people will ever ask for luna. What the hell is it good for? It's lame to trade in large amounts, the cap is too low, and it's only good for enhancing. As for TEs I think they are going to get more valuable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:46 pm

I saw someone trading 15k TE for Georgios. That's where all the TE are at Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:01 pm

sagemacleod wrote:
I saw someone trading 15k TE for Georgios. That's where all the TE are at Very Happy

And then you find out that no card is "Limited Edition"

XD

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:19 pm

I would be willing to bet that the average player is a casual player and will not continuously buy TE every month, When I first started playing about 5 weeks ago people were selling TE for 50k luna. The events are what inflated their price as the higher players began stocking up on them between events. The problem is that cheaters were making multiple accounts and using them for free TE, then flooding the market with them. That practice has subsided (but not went away). Remember, TE is only useful in events, otherwise there is no reason for it to have the price that it does. Inflation of that magnitude in that short period of time will turn people off, especially since the only way to obtain tradeable TE is to purchase it with real money. You've essentially said that someone charged 15,000.00 USD for a card in game. In what way is that fun? Especially since the holder of the card payed an ass ton of money himself to earn it. If the developers want that type of game why not just sell the "cards" on ebay?
They should introduce a new feature that causes you to use luna in game, like a store that sells a temporary poison perk or something. Then players will covet the luna more and the prices will balance out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:04 pm

That's a good idea. I always thought that we should think up good ideas for luna-sink as to make it more popular, and have the more important costumers like gmeteor or valhades suggest it... that way there is a possibility however small it may be, that the game system will be improved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Hahaha no it won't. On the english side there is just the translators, mostly. All the events, improvements, and changes we get are from the Japanese side of the game.

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:23 pm

the english devs can always suggest it to the japanese ones, or do their own thing; they're 
not stupid, if they see something that can potentially make them money, they'll do it.

Yes, its not very likely, but I wouldn't say impossible. Heck, if we get really good ideas we 
can translate it to Japanese and suggest it to the Japanese version lol...

At this rate I can't see the trade system in this game go anywhere but destruction, and if 
all the free players leave the game, pay players won't have much fun anymore either.

I mean would you pay for a MMO game where you're the only player? Probably not. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

I don't get time elixir prices at all. Something is really weird.

5* prices have hit a new low. I bought a Sheryl for 175TE (she used to be 250!). Pretty happy, been looking for her for a long time. Then I bought a Lucrezia for 85TE. Of course, 5 minutes later I saw one being sold for 40TE. 40TE for a 5*!! That means you could've bought her for two maxed 4*s!

On the other hand, the TE prices for 6*s have gone through the roof. I got my first 6* by doing what everyone suggested, which was sell all my 5*s for TEs. I got a Petra for 1000TE during the Venus Collesium event, it was a good deal. But today, someone offered my ally 1500TE for Petra and was turned down.

Is it because more and more people have 5*s, and simply don't care about them anymore? So now the bar's shifted to getting your first 6*?

I have ~300 TEs left, and I don't know if I should hoard them or buy 5*s with them .___.''
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:23 pm

I think it's partially that there are so many 5*s, and the fact that there are not that many TEs around (considering it's hard to find buyers at even 150k each now).

So theoretically you WOULD see prices go down, but in theory you'd also seem them go down on 6*s eventually if that's the case. But 6*s are still in high demand, I guess.

Plus, getting things for cheap during competitive events like the BDC makes sense -- the player selling that Petra probably needed those TEs to compete and wanted to sell quickly. Not so much at the moment.

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 pm

I am pretty sure the Devs never intended TEs to ever be considered the standard currency of the game.
The reason they did was because of all the cheaters multi-accounting to generate thousands of TEs.
They have since nerfed tradeable time elixir acquisition so hard that there is basically almost no
new elixirs coming into the market anymore,
(nobody is going to effen pay a dollar to buy one from the shop) meaning with every event the
number of TE's in existence gets smaller and smaller.

I have no idea just how many are left out there, I know there is a small group of cheating bastards
that still horde a sizable amount of them to keep the prices of 6* cards as such that only they can
trade for them, but even that will eventually get used up.
Sooner or later, be it 2 months from now or a year there will be no Time Elixirs left, and people
are going to have to come up with something else to base the value of their cards on.

I welcome that day,
this entire TE dependance bullshit has insured this game is one of the most insular and
inaccessible games in Mobage's stable.
New people picking up the game, realize after 4* they can not progress any higher because
only people with lots of an item that is barely obtainable anymore can trade up,and like most
sane human beings they are not going to drop potentially hundreds of dollars into a cellphone game
just for the "chance" to get "valuable" pixels on a screen that do not have any, and will never have
any real world value.
So they quit.
Blood Brothers has more active people playing currently then this game has players registered.
(not counting the thousands and thousands of now abandoned TE bot accounts) because it's
players never had to put up with this kind of nonsense. . .and that game is lame!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 pm

I think you got it wrong. Very wrong.

The exact opposite, actually.

The game will be completely inaccessible after the TEs become extinct. luna will not have any value unless some form of luna-sink is implimented, yet I don't see that happening.

As it is, the only way to obtain 5* and 6*s for none/low paying members IS by hoarding TE.

That's the only way. Without it, the game would become meaningless and boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 pm

death of TE... yes, in the sense that its becoming something really common.

i'd think that the more limited items like SSL and blaze tix are actually more valuable when they are around (as in can be used)...

so, it's no wonder that some are asking for a few hundred TE for cards... TEs are getting too common, like Luna.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:04 am

Time elixirs are the prime example of a premium item that breaks a game. In my very long history of playing MMORPG games & other games with a micro-transaction system, I have been very verbal against pay to win mechanics in games. I'm well known on the curse network for my rants against it as well as premium items that give too much of an edge over other players. A game should always be based on skill, strategy, hard work & in some cases, teamwork. If should never be based on the amount of premium item resources a player can tap into or how much money they dump into the game

As it stands right now, casual & even players that do there damn best won't stand a chance against the few dozen players that have a iron grip on the game. So get use to seeing the same names in the top 50 spots in every event. Hopefully events in the future will offer more spots to obtain a top tier card like the Black Dragon Castle event did. The past event was okay but it would only give new players a small bump in progress before the reality sets in for them.

There are some things that can be done to help decrease the value of Time Elixirs a great deal. The main one would be to disable there use in events. This alone would have a huge impact on there value & alone could be more than enough to offset there importance. The introduction of a non tradable item such as the Blaze Tickets will make up for any money lost by people not buying TE's from the shops. They should also have quest that build BT only within the events tab. BT should not be obtainable doing normal quest. People will just elixir burn those to garner an advantage.

Pay to win events will become more common with this game so this is something that the community will have to deal with. I can't really say if this is Mobage's call or there parent company but bringing in as much money as possible is there strategy. As mentioned on another thread, the parent company is a multi-billion dollar corporation & a very nasty one. Think 1990's Microsoft but unregulated & ten times worse. I won't go into details as the info is publicly available. One thing is for certain is that they are all about the dollar & nothing more. There is a reason why there card boxes are as expensive as they are Smile.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inconspikuous

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:33 am

I'd like to add my two cents.

..and there they are. Lol. Kidding.

Like basilisk, I wait for the day that the game's TE dependency is broken, the day that luna regains its value, the day that one is able to go and buy 5*s and 6*s for millions of straight luna. But I fear that day will never come, for who will save the digital world?

Mobage? Silicon? Yeah right.

So there it is. Like Sharpyzu, my prediction is that TEs will become more scarce and each TE will become significantly more valuable as each TE gets burned during events, so those hoarding now will stand to gain the most... But, if that's true, then it's also true that new players will _start_ with more TEs/bargaining power than those who had to endure this stupid revolution.

...and I don't have a point. So here's one: unless things change TEs are going to become more valuable and hoarding TEs will continue to be the only way to higher * cards -- until the game is broken.

-incon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am

you can still buy TE's in the store though

☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:01 pm

The usage of TEs isn't going to die... Seen it in RoB, tales of the cryptids, etc. What happens is that they become more valuable over time.

So as long as luna does not have a suitable sink, we're headed the same path as any other of these Japanese social ccgs.

As for the prices for 6*s... I think that the reason why they're still expensive is due to their scarcity at the moment and the lack of auction house trading system. For example, back in RoB, not having a trading system back then didn't push prices to market values and cards were much more valuable. When the Bazaar hit in ROB, rarer cards took a much bigger hit than not so rare ones.

My prediction: Adding a auction house/trading will probably decrease the value for many of the cards as people will try to compete with one another to obtain TE. The event where people can obtain their 6*s without competition with one another would probably decrease the value of 6*s, esp. "mediocre" 6*s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inconspikuous

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:43 pm

ElysianField wrote:
you can still buy TE's in the store though

(If I could've made that picture smaller, I would've.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:48 pm

^

whats so funny about what i said?

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 pm

ElysianField wrote:
^

He is probably a huge fan of Yao Ming lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cuddytime

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

buying TE's from the shop is expensive....

in any case, i think that there's enough TE in the game that we won't see it generate value for a while
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inconspikuous

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Harada wrote:
ElysianField wrote:
^

He is probably a huge fan of Yao Ming lol!

^ This. But seriously, I'm just cheap. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death of TEs?   Today at 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down

Death of TEs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1