HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Thinking about quitting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Demuri

PostSubject: Thinking about quitting   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:33 am

I've been with this game since the first event and since then it seems like nothing is tradeable. All my hard earned units are now worth next to nothing and wont sell. I cant even get a unit thats worth 10 more te unless I pay in pure te which is hard to come by at all.

So my question is should I just quit? Cause it seems like in this game either your stacked or sol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 am

Demuri wrote:
I've been with this game since the first event and since then it seems like nothing is tradeable. All my hard earned units are now worth next  to nothing and wont sell. I cant even get a unit thats worth 10 more te unless I pay in pure te which is hard to come by at all.

So my question is should I just quit? Cause it seems like in this game either your stacked or sol.  
Well its the same for everyone, I mean the market is completely f*cked up by the arrival of 7*s... still I don't think you should quit, just play casually, and not be competitive. You should already know with fanta, its a pay to win game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neolfeon97

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:20 am

Ya jus haf fun ! Don quit , there are many ppl who are worse off .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
popka92

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Neolfeon97 wrote:
Ya jus haf fun ! Don quit , there are many ppl who are worse off .
Like myself. lol

Though to be honest I've contemplated quitting quite a few times. Put all my effort back into My Monster Rancher where the pay to win factor is heavily toned down.

But I stuck with it. I mostly just go for cards I think are cute (my wishlist has Klavier and Pomme atm) and try not to worry too much about events and rare cards.

...but then again I'm a fairly new player as well. :/
I dunno. I say stick around and just be a casual free player. Don't worry about your rank in events so much. Just try to have fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Don't quit, just reinvent your goals in the game! ^^

What I love about this game is that you can play how it is intended to be played, or you can think outside of the box and make your own fun.  I feel a lot of players get so focused on winning every event(especially if you are spending money) that they forget all the RPG elements in this game that make it fun!  What I mean by this is, instead of playing with the goal to rank well in every event: maybe change your goal.

Suggestions to spice it up... I checked off one already:
Start a complaint thread <--- half the fun of fanta is complaining Wink
Help one or more close allies rank
build a clan
Surprise your close allies by giving them a gift
join a clan
Play a word game with allies
play a fun prank on an ally
Build your defense
album all low tier cards (like ALL 2*, 3* or 4*... never high tier... you people are crazy!!)
Collect all of a certain type of card (example: samurai)
start a shop
etc

This is a small list.  I find myself doing all sorts of things, and I usually do different things everyday to keep it interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cliffbiram
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:45 pm

joeladams20 wrote:
Don't quit, just reinvent your goals in the game! ^^

What I love about this game is that you can play how it is intended to be played, or you can think outside of the box and make your own fun.  I feel a lot of players get so focused on winning every event(especially if you are spending money) that they forget all the RPG elements in this game that make it fun!  What I mean by this is, instead of playing with the goal to rank well in every event: maybe change your goal.

Suggestions to spice it up... I checked off one already:
Start a complaint thread <--- half the fun of fanta is complaining Wink
Help one or more close allies rank
build a clan
Surprise your close allies by giving them a gift
join a clan
Play a word game with allies
play a fun prank on an ally
Build your defense
album all low tier cards (like ALL 2*, 3* or 4*... never high tier... you people are crazy!!)
Collect all of a certain type of card (example: samurai)
start a shop
etc

This is a small list.  I find myself doing all sorts of things, and I usually do different things everyday to keep it interesting.
All excellent suggestions. When I first started this game, I pulled a couple of princess boxes and got a Kyo and all of the 3 and 4* princess units. I built my entire team of princesses. I love themes. Someone asked me at one point, "do fielding all of the princesses give you bonuses?" No, they did not (not in that event). This player must have fought my team and wondered for a moment if I was a PVE boss team that somehow wandered into the PvP side. Anyway, I haven't built a serious "theme" team since then, but I think I will field my princess team again next time I decide to sit an event completely out.

Along the same lines, I enjoy deploying all of my Halloween 4* units on a quest, just to watch them all together. It's the little things. It's like taking your toys and dumping them out on the floor and lining them up, like I used to do when I was a child.

Point is, this game is quite amusing if you aren't looking at the high level prizes. There are always little bits and bobs showing up with each event that even the most casual player can get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superk4y

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:25 am

cliffbiram wrote:

Point is, this game is quite amusing if you aren't looking at the high level prizes.  There are always little bits and bobs showing up with each event that even the most casual player can get.  
I was reading a bit too fast that I thought I read the line : There are always a little bit of boobs showing up each event that even the most casual player can see.
lol! 

Just kidding...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maxintoronto

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Demuri wrote:
I've been with this game since the first event and since then it seems like nothing is tradeable. All my hard earned units are now worth next  to nothing and wont sell. I cant even get a unit thats worth 10 more te unless I pay in pure te which is hard to come by at all.

people who change and adapt can still get te...

it is your decision to make. I'll say just follow your heart. you want to continue to play, you will continue to play. If you don't really want to play, you will just play less and less and eventually quit.

no need to go to war with yourself

may peace be with you my friend Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maxintoronto

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:46 pm

tzerherman wrote:
Demuri wrote:

Well its the same for everyone, I mean the market is completely f*cked up by the arrival of 7*s... still I don't think you should quit, just play casually, and not be competitive. You should already know with fanta, its a pay to win game.
well, if your currency is here for a burning purpose, your maket is always fvcked up...

blame fanta, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sealbutts

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 am

superk4y wrote:
cliffbiram wrote:

Point is, this game is quite amusing if you aren't looking at the high level prizes.  There are always little bits and bobs showing up with each event that even the most casual player can get.  
I was reading a bit too fast that I thought I read the line : There are always a little bit of boobs showing up each event that even the most casual player can see.
lol! 

Just kidding...
To be fair, judging by half the cards, you're not even on the wrong track (i'm looking at you, bikini Borage and Hydria Neutral).

I'm a totally new player to this, and honestly, from the start, my only goal is to "Collect a harem of good looking man cards" and that's what I'm playing for. It's nice to hope you get rank rewards, but if you start competing, and then pumping in money, and then regretting you pumped in money, you'll just start this endless spiral of un-fun and misery.

(While I'm at it, Fanta really needs more hot male cards that aren't 4*. This game is making it really difficult for me to complete my goal without sucking entirely at it omfg)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharistos
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:15 am

sealbutts wrote:
superk4y wrote:
cliffbiram wrote:

lol! 

Just kidding...
To be fair, judging by half the cards, you're not even on the wrong track (i'm looking at you, bikini Borage and Hydria Neutral).

I'm a totally new player to this, and honestly, from the start, my only goal is to "Collect a harem of good looking man cards" and that's what I'm playing for. It's nice to hope you get rank rewards, but if you start competing, and then pumping in money, and then regretting you pumped in money, you'll just start this endless spiral of un-fun and misery.

(While I'm at it, Fanta really needs more hot male cards that aren't 4*. This game is making it really difficult for me to complete my goal without sucking entirely at it omfg)
You could always go for Bajardo and Charles and Alexander *snickers*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alzahar
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Lev's pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:42 am

This game just became a nolifer's addiction. I haven't played much for a couple months now due to boredom. The 7* cards are good but everything seem to be so pointless now that the event rewards have become a joke. There is no fun in the events anymore as well. I have been playing this game for about 10 months now and I guess it's where I getting to tip. I'm just checking this game once in a while and hoping that one day, I'll see more features that can actually make this game worth playing again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about quitting   Today at 11:31 am

Back to top Go down

Thinking about quitting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1