HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Any pros at fixing phones and stuff...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Any pros at fixing phones and stuff...   Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 am

Alright i have a Samsung Galaxy sII, had it for about 1 and a half years. I was playing fanta today, and suddenly my phone went to the boot screen, black background with the words:"Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100" Ive looked around on google and seems that the only option i have is doing a forced reset. Is there any other way to solve this? Dont really want to force reset my phone and lose data. If it does come down to force resetting, how much data will i lose? Complete noob with phones, so ill need detailled steps :/ Thanks in advance! Also my device is not rooted, cant remember which ICS version.

P.S I've tried doing a battery pull, tried connecting to the PC, havent tried changing the battery to a new one. will try that when i get home... Will keep updating my status
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Any pros at fixing phones and stuff...   Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:42 am

A hard reset should resolve the issues you're having, but unfortunately it will clear absolutely everything off your phone. That includes your contacts, SMS, any photos saved on the phone (not on the SD card), even any passwords you may have set on your phone for security, and account/s set up.

Anything on your SD card will stay safe, so removing it out of the phone before you force reset will save that data at least. However, it's usually photos, music, videos & other documentation files that get kept on that. Certain apps might be ok if they were saved on it, but I haven't tested it myself if they're ok. I usually have issues the other way around - all my files keep getting corrupted on the SD card, while the phone works fine.

Do you know if your battery has blown out or anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Any pros at fixing phones and stuff...   Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:38 am

memphiskite wrote:
A hard reset should resolve the issues you're having, but unfortunately it will clear absolutely everything off your phone. That includes your contacts, SMS, any photos saved on the phone (not on the SD card), even any passwords you may have set on your phone for security, and account/s set up.

Anything on your SD card will stay safe, so removing it out of the phone before you force reset will save that data at least. However, it's usually photos, music, videos & other documentation files that get kept on that. Certain apps might be ok if they were saved on it, but I haven't tested it myself if they're ok. I usually have issues the other way around - all my files keep getting corrupted on the SD card, while the phone works fine.

Do you know if your battery has blown out or anything?
Bleh that sucks... even though i don't have a lot of important pictures and stuff, I still don't like deleting all of my stuff... no my battery seems fine, and I even tested my phone out with a brand new battery,, still no use... I guess force resetting it is :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Any pros at fixing phones and stuff...   Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:42 pm

I believe these Samsung Galaxy phones are prone to these sudden deaths:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1876232
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apherdites

PostSubject: Re: Any pros at fixing phones and stuff...   Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Curious about this one. Any progress?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any pros at fixing phones and stuff...   Today at 7:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Any pros at fixing phones and stuff...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1