HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Drain attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lukyduk

PostSubject: Drain attack   Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:16 am

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I was curious about how drain attack operates. It is my understanding that some hp will be restored to your bar when this skill procs in arena combat. Does the damage amount determine how much is restored or is that based on skill level?

I am bringing this up because I got a pair of Ronja in the scam (I mean dream) packs and was considering LB her to 100 but I didn't know if a lvl 100 Ronja would be more beneficial to an arena team than a 5* with same DP, but a less useful skill like poison or slower speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Drain attack   Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:37 am

lukyduk wrote:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I was curious about how drain attack operates.  It is my understanding that some hp will be restored to your bar when this skill procs in arena combat.  Does the damage amount determine how much is restored or is that based on skill level?

I am bringing this up because I got a pair of Ronja in the scam (I mean dream) packs and was considering LB her to 100 but I didn't know if a lvl 100 Ronja would be more beneficial to an arena team than a 5* with same DP, but a less useful skill like poison or slower speed.
Slow is one of the most useful arena skills. Arena's are all about defeating your opponent before they can attack. To do this you either need fast hard hitting units, or fast CC units (slow, knockback, speed order), followed by hard hitting units. Of course Iron Wall is also usefull as a kind of crowd control.

Ronja would probably only be marginally usefull, since the amount of healing she does would only be about the same as one attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukyduk

PostSubject: Re: Drain attack   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:11 am

Found this great post by GnatB in the Starfall thread that pretty much sums ups my question:

"Incidentally, speaking of BA, is it just me or does the Drain Life skill suck?

(pun sort of intended)

From what I could tell in GA, you do half the damage you normally do, but *that unit* gets it back as health.  It's only worthwhile if the unit in question has actually taken damage, otherwise all it's doing is reducing the damage you're doing for no good reason.  So it's only worthwhile for tanks.  Comparing it to IW, it would seem to fail miserably. IW doesn't reduce the damage you do.  IW negates an entire enemy attack, (not just 1/2.. effectively) IW can proc for each and every enemy attack, not just your own."

Guess I'll be feeding the Ronja I leveled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drain attack   Today at 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Drain attack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1