HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 How long to get 1st 5* units?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
seanlink
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-08-07
Posts : 500

PostSubject: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:21 pm

I've been playing for about a month now, how long should it take me to get my first 5* unit? I have 6 lv80 4* units that i obtained from previous events, but not getting very close to the 5* rewards.

I haven't used any money, just been grinding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DatGreenTea
☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-20
Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:51 pm

If you're willing to sell a few of those maxed 4*s, I'm sure you can save up enough TE to buy yourself a 5* or two, considering they have been selling for cheap these days. Getting a 5* reward might be challenging for you, as most people ranking high enough to get those rewards might have a decent team of 5*s or 6*s themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hakitou.tumblr.com
xbLux
☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-08
Posts : 187

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:30 pm

It all about how long you are willing to grind. For this event, you should just focus on killing the normal bosses and get as many allies as possible. Ignore Merrow completely, she would be too resource intensive for your time. That along with 10-15hr/day of constant playing, you should be able to the 5* Iris reward.

Another thing is not to waste your tradeable pots or tes unless you are attempting to rank for an reward. You can earn from events and save up te and pots to buy a 5/6*.

How much tradeable Time Elixirs and Potions [not te(p) or pot(p)] do you have?

It took me probably about a month to get my first 5*, but I had some help with friends.


Last edited by xbLux on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-08-01
Posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Wait for an event that has a solo reward that is relatively easy to grind.

The previous few (namely Purifica - Tower ; and Klavier - Arena) have been rather newbie friendly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRoyaiChaos



Join date : 2013-08-12
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:58 pm

I managed to buy Klav for 5 TE, which I think I got from Mina's and Helmut's camps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cluelessly



Join date : 2013-09-03
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:16 am

If you can't do 1mil dmg each time, you can't kill without using lots of pots. So merrow and Levi is out. As gambolice said, that's the best way. I got my first with Klavier and got lucky with Rupius.

Even with a maxed 140 Klavier, I can barely kill merrow. 4 out of 8 tries. With luck reinforcements, I can get merrow to 12mil at 1 hour left and it takes some work and luck to kill beyond that. 31k a hit at 13 hits a run, 403k dmg = 110 fights to win. 3 hours = 1800 points = 36 fights = impossible.

So forget merrow, not possible and go for the normal. I'm forgetting about her at this point unless I get lucky with 10 rows of 100k dmg allies = 30mill dmg roughly.

Just to put it into perspective.

You can also work on hero points for the 5 star.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seanlink
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-08-07
Posts : 500

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 am

Yeah i have about 3800 hero points, but was told i'd be better off spending it on TE and pots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cluelessly



Join date : 2013-09-03
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:46 am

I can see that but personally a stronger unit will help in the longer term them one shot pots that you can't trade. My perspective could be wrong, dont know enough of the dynamics yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kresnik
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-29
Posts : 674

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:11 am

If you sell your 6 x m4* units, you can get at least 12 TE, of which you can use them to buy 2 to 3 5*s.

Join some auctions, 5* go for real cheap prices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shure
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-20
Posts : 395

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:41 am

Some ppl also sells cheap, common 5*s for m4*s, I bought a couple for 2m4* when I didn't have lot of them.
It's good for a start, and those can help you getting better ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-08-17
Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:06 am

gambolice wrote:
Wait for an event that has a solo reward that is relatively easy to grind.

The previous few (namely Purifica - Tower ; and Klavier - Arena) have been rather newbie friendly.
Sorry, but Klavier came from a pannel event, not an Arena Event. The latest Arena Event 5* reward that most players could get was Daphne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grumpy
☆☆


Join date : 2013-08-01
Posts : 158

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:19 am

I got my first 5* roughly 2 weeks in. But I got it through trading. I found the 5* rewards impossible with 4*s, though 2 weeks in, I didn't even really know what I was doing with the event.

It's highly doubtable you can get Iris this event, even though it's grindable. Because once you get to higher levels, your own units will be insufficient to kill the bosses. So, you'll become heavily dependent on your allies (who I'd assume are 4/5*s) and randoms whom you'll run out more quickly than they'll assist. Or if you keep at the lower lvl bosses, they just don't reward enough.

We're about half way through the event. Multiply your current shell count x2. Does that get close to iris? My guess would be that it doesn't even reach 100k.

Trading is your only real chance of getting 5* (other than card packs).

Even with a 5x 5* maxed units, it's still incredibly hard to get 5* rewards. I got my first mlb magnus not long ago (through trading), and I still don't have much hope to earn a 5* from this event without burning pots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-12
Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:03 am

My first 5* was Purifica. Had good allies and burned some TE(p) to get all the artifact. Was super easy.

Second was Zita, I couldn't get to the top of the tower but people hated her so much back then I picked one up for 3TE.

Third was Klavier from event. Can't really remember the circumstances but it wasn't that hard.

Fourth I traded my Mina for an mKreuz.

Fifth I got extremely lucky, found a bargain Bluette I bought for TE.

Sixth was Annette and that wasn't easy.

Seven and eight Grandine and Fiato, got lucky with dream chest.

So if you cross reference these units with the events they came from you can get a pretty good idea of the timeframes involved. I'm a pretty casual/low spender type of player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abuqasar
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-23
Posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:52 am

Kresnik wrote:
If you sell your 6 x m4* units, you can get at least 12 TE, of which you can use them to buy 2 to 3 5*s.

Join some auctions, 5* go for real cheap prices.
Auctions are the best places to go to. 5*s are going as low as 4-5TE nowadays it is very obtainable through trading. My first 5* was a 2 weeks in after multiple auctions and flipping with TE and my first 6* came a week later. Its hard to ride the wave now. But 5*s have never been more obtainable. 3TE + the random seashards will get you a 5* easy nowadays
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saureus



Join date : 2013-07-11
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 am

I can trade you Julia if you want for 5TE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecheon



Join date : 2013-07-22
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:26 pm

My first was Purifica, which I got by burning TEs to get the artifacts. I also got mPale from the tower.

Just recently I bought a few more from an ally. Spent all the TEs I had left.

Getting 5* units from events seems near impossible for me most of the time. I don't know how people manage to rack up so many BT and event items.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xbLux
☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-08
Posts : 187

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Mecheon wrote:
My first was Purifica, which I got by burning TEs to get the artifacts. I also got mPale from the tower.

Just recently I bought a few more from an ally. Spent all the TEs I had left.

Getting 5* units from events seems near impossible for me most of the time. I don't know how people manage to rack up so many BT and event items.
It not impossible, just time consuming and requires very good planning. It usually requires you to play at least 12-15 hours while meeting the 90% of the cooldowns. Panel and colo event seem to be the easiest in getting the 5*. Even the last Neolilith tower event made it possible to get a 5*, just needed to grind the Crimson Tower mindlessly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluerexx
☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-23
Posts : 276

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:51 pm

As others has suggested, go hit up some auctions

I've seen some 5* go as low as 3te.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mecheon



Join date : 2013-07-22
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:55 pm

xbLux wrote:
Mecheon wrote:
My first was Purifica, which I got by burning TEs to get the artifacts. I also got mPale from the tower.

Just recently I bought a few more from an ally. Spent all the TEs I had left.

Getting 5* units from events seems near impossible for me most of the time. I don't know how people manage to rack up so many BT and event items.
It not impossible, just time consuming and requires very good planning. It usually requires you to play at least 12-15 hours while meeting the 90% of the cooldowns. Panel and colo event seem to be the easiest in getting the 5*. Even the last Neolilith tower event made it possible to get a 5*, just needed to grind the Crimson Tower mindlessly.
I hope we get another event like the tower. I did pretty well with that. But, even so, it's not easy. And we're only talking about 5* here. I hate to think what I'd have to do for a six.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-12
Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:20 am

Mecheon wrote:
xbLux wrote:
Mecheon wrote:
My first was Purifica, which I got by burning TEs to get the artifacts. I also got mPale from the tower.

Just recently I bought a few more from an ally. Spent all the TEs I had left.

Getting 5* units from events seems near impossible for me most of the time. I don't know how people manage to rack up so many BT and event items.
It not impossible, just time consuming and requires very good planning. It usually requires you to play at least 12-15 hours while meeting the 90% of the cooldowns. Panel and colo event seem to be the easiest in getting the 5*. Even the last Neolilith tower event made it possible to get a 5*, just needed to grind the Crimson Tower mindlessly.
I hope we get another event like the tower. I did pretty well with that. But, even so, it's not easy. And we're only talking about 5* here. I hate to think what I'd have to do for a six.
I'm basically taking the long-term approach to event 6*s. I'm planning to save up all TE(p) and Pots(p) until I have hundreds, then burn all to get a future BT 6* that I really want. It requires a lot of patience, and I spent all my pots in GA (hi bluerexx, hi xbLux) so I'm pretty much starting from scratch there. But what I mean is, never spend TE or Pots half-heartedly, it's 100% save or 100% burn, anything in between will get you nowhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cluelessly



Join date : 2013-09-03
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Azakazero is right. I burned some here and there before I realized. Though I did get my first 5 from the tower event. You need to check the auctions as well. Just got my first 6 from the tradeable pots and TE that I saved. Yay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Like I always say, you new players are better off than the old ones.

_________________





What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluerexx
☆☆


Join date : 2013-07-23
Posts : 276

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 pm

KuroStar wrote:
Like I always say, you new players are better off than the old ones.
So true...I can't imagine what I have to go through for a 6* if I started earlier...

@AzakaZero:
We totally burnt all our pots in GA too! I think a lot of players burnt it all in that event, and now we are starting to save up again. After that, I'm rethinking if I should participate in a GA competitively again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kharistos
☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-12
Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 am

GA was just crazy, I burnt almost all my pots just to get Annette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seanlink
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-08-07
Posts : 500

PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:35 pm

Someone was selling Ignat, Sobrio and Sheryl for 3 TE each. Should I buy one of them? I only have 4 tradeable TE to my name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How long to get 1st 5* units?   Today at 11:17 am

Back to top Go down
 
How long to get 1st 5* units?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Long & Mid-Arm - free style? marking designs?
» ST-120 Burn in: How long and what happens?
» Can you shoot through your own units?
» do you think you can have long lasting friendships online??
» Lt1 long crank?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: