HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Daily Roulette Randomness?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaosCleff
☆☆

PostSubject: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:02 am

Anyone know if the timing of the button push on the daily roulette affects the outcome at all?

I've been attempting various strategies, but I've found that the roulette behaves very differently each day, which leads me to wonder if the button press is only for show and that the animation will play out in whatever way is necessary to show the desired outcome.

Here's some evidence on why I feel this way:
Day 1: Was aiming for 9, and managed to get the marker near 9 when I hit the button. But then it rolls slowly by about a quarter circle and went to number 2 instead...

Day 2: So I assumed this time around that the marker will not stop when the button is pressed and that it will roll for a bit, and decided to account for this. This time, 9 is opposite 2, so I thought that if I stopped the button at around 2, it may roll close to 9. Guess what? It didn't....it stopped immediately on 2 without rolling off elsewhere.

Days 3-5: Similar patterns all around. The amount of rolling seems to differ, and is not constant, which further convinces me that the animation for the roulette is purely cosmetic....

It seems that the rolls are weighted towards the lower numbers....I got 2, 2, 2, 5, 3 for this past 5 rolls....Yay for triple twos....

Anyone else care to weight in on their experiences?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:16 am

Pretty much sums up my experience with the roulette so far. Mostly 2:s and 3:s, a single 5 as best roll. The number has to be generated on the server to avoid cheating so the animation is indeed only there for show. And weighted, definitely.

Even so it generates goodies faster than the bingo so I like it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosCleff
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:22 am

Haha yeah. Guess we can't really be complaining.

A minimum of 2 rewards per day with the possibility of pots, ambro, and what not is difficult to complain about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kalivon

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:24 am

Never got anything above 5x. It's rigged
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wahuh
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:27 am

I rolled a couple of 2s,3s and 5s then got an 8 randomly. I know someone who rolled a 9.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:28 am

Wahuh wrote:
I rolled a couple of 2s,3s and 5s then got an 8 randomly. I know someone who rolled a 9.
Woah lucky.

Only had a 2,3,4 and 5. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fantafanta

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:33 am

i also only roll 2s and 3s, but once i got a 5... that was when i was 2 fields away from the finish lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takahiiro

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:44 am

Results so far: mostly 4's, a 2, and a 9.

Like TC, I tried to influence the spin, but there didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for the results. Thanks TC and AzakaZero for your input on its mechanics! It helps my sanity to know the animation is cosmetic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormfeather

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:39 am

Yeah, for what it's worth I also have gotten 2s and 3s no matter where/when I press... except for the fourth roll (when I was like 2 or 3 from the end anyhow) and got like a 5 or something.

But yeah, it's kinda lame, but I'm not overly complaining cause hey, premium tickets every 2 days or so!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:12 pm

turbo charge at 100 cumulative = ?

automatic 10x for a day i'm guessing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Got an 8, but yeah, mostly 2's & 3's.  Personally, I kinda always assume stuff like this in games it doesn't really matter when you push the button.

Also, since it's just the odds of pulling an event unit, (not the odds of getting a 6* or whatever) then thankfully I also sort of consider it sort of pointless.  only reason I care about a high number is for more rewards.  Most people competing in events are likely pulling enough packs for the event items that they're gonna get a ton of the event units regardless... the few times it's been a 5x modifier overwhelmingly so.  more than that it's gonna be practically rediculous.

edit: and I strongly suspect it's rigged so everybodies overall progress will be just about the same
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exile

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Got 7 today and didn't even care enough to look till after I was gobbling up the loot. but 2 first day, 3 the second. I think its a trap. Press button, be happy resume play. Don't think to much on it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
multidose

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Got 6 for today's roll but all I need is 2 more steps to reach my goal. Was expecting the extra 4 will bring over but seem like it doesn't. Most of my rolls are 2-3 too.

Rigged! I reckon it's not pure random dice roll, the higher the number, the lower the occurrence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:55 pm

multidose wrote:
Rigged! I reckon it's not pure random dice roll, the higher the number, the lower the occurrence.
Yup, most likely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suoutheipad

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:11 am

My main and my alt have gotten all 3s since the beginning.
Made and won a 5$ bet because it's so predictable (glitched) now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:40 am

Call it "Desire Sensor" - When you want it, it doesnt come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nevikelmo

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 am

Its so rigged. Was about to land on 9 and sloooowly went all the way to 2. tried again and when i stoped it at 2 in just stayed there :l didnt roll or anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:20 pm

It is definately rigged. Out of 7 rolls so far, I have 2-2x, 3-3x, and 2-4x. If it wasn't rigged the odds of rolling that badly are 2187/2097152 or 0.104%. That is worse then the odds of drawing a 6* on a random pull.

The least they could have done was at least make the areas on the wheel corrispond to your chance of rolling it. Everyday I get more and more frustrated with Mobages misleading us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liquidleks

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:24 pm

ggorrell77 wrote:
The least they could have done was at least make the areas on the wheel corrispond to your chance of rolling it. Everyday I get more and more frustrated with Mobages misleading us.
I thought the exact same thing; the odds should be represented by how many of each number is on the wheel (or by the size of the corresponding number areas).

The game developer dropped the ball there. The rewards for the roulette are much better than the bingo, so this should have been an easy way to make players happy. They bungled it by presenting it in such a way that it frustrates players and makes them feel deceived.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rcybs

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:30 pm

I haven't gotten any spins higher than 4x which is saying a lot, because I thought for sure I have landed on a much better spot.

The rewards are much better than the bingo and faster, but at the rate of the spins I dunno how long it will take me to get to Turbo Charge.....whatever that is. XD

I just wished it was full of Wild Tonics or more Pots since the event requires them anyways. The premium tickets and the fruit are okay, but Luna and Brave points are not always needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 pm

have 3 devices, and not got above a 5 so far(and only got a 5 once on one account) rest are 2's and 3's

Agree with Rcybs wish it had some event items in it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sh4d0w927

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:29 am

Between 3 accounts I have gotten 1 9, 1 5, and the rest were 2s and 3s. Some times it goes a fair amount of numbers past when you click, others only a spot or two. I believe it is weighted for low numbers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:20 am

I opted to aim for 4s and 5s since chances for anything higher than is next to none.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:07 am

Had 2 times 4, 1 time 5, and the rest were 2 and 3.

I've something to share though. On the second roulette day, i pressed the roulette while the light was on the space behind 9, ending up with 2 a few spaces before. I've got mad, but a crash DC made me replay the wheel in the same day, without winning anything. Clicked while the light was on the other side of the wheel, in a completely diferente place, and got 2 nonetheless.

So, i've reached a conclusion: the number will de decided randomly on the daily reset, rather than having odds on the wheel. You might as well just close the eyes and press twice, your timing won't change a thing, at least from what i've experienced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xbLux
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:19 am

Vaati wrote:
Had 2 times 4, 1 time 5, and the rest were 2 and 3.

I've something to share though. On the second roulette day, i pressed the roulette while the light was on the space behind 9, ending up with 2 a few spaces before. I've got mad, but a crash DC made me replay the wheel in the same day, without winning anything. Clicked while the light was on the other side of the wheel, in a completely diferente place, and got 2 nonetheless.

So, i've reached a conclusion: the number will de decided randomly on the daily reset, rather than having odds on the wheel. You might as well just close the eyes and press twice, your timing won't change a thing, at least from what i've experienced.
The roulette is basically a slot machine with weighed results. There is no type of randomness with it, just simulated. It's one of the ploys to make the user feel as if they have a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Roulette Randomness?   Today at 3:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Daily Roulette Randomness?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next