HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Thoughts about Guild event now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Merivel



Join date : 2013-07-30
Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:54 pm

if an event like this comes up in the future, and they haven't drastically tweaked almost every part of it, I'll just skip it. It's just so poorly executed and, as a mostly free player, not remotely rewarding enough for the time involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WeGotEnough



Join date : 2013-08-20
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:23 pm

honestly I think they could have made this event more worthwhile to casual & midlevel players by having a 4* GP reward (Cercle) & 5* GP reward (Bethania)

Not having anything realistic they could grind for AND not having ability to trade sucked for a lot of people

also a 3* or 4* event unit participation reward (24 battles) would have been a decent thing to do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sycovenom



Join date : 2013-05-08
Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:04 pm

WeGotEnough wrote:
honestly I think they could have made this event more worthwhile to casual & midlevel players by having a 4* GP reward (Cercle) & 5* GP reward (Bethania)

Not having anything realistic they could grind for AND not having ability to trade sucked for a lot of people

also a 3* or 4* event unit participation reward (24 battles) would have been a decent thing to do
PERSONALLY if I was in charge here is what the list would have looked like
7 wins Phyllis
14 wins Annette
21 wins Demetria
perfect record Archibald as hell a 4* ticket for a perfect record is no where near as epic as say a 7* that is supposed to be insanely hard to get

That way most people would have been happy the people with 3-4 star cards would have got Phyllis at a decent rate, and had a chance for Annette, The people who are mainly 5 stars would have had a good shot at Annette, and potentially Demetria, and the I got more money then common sense people would have had a spending spree for Archibald which they would do anyways.

Also would have ditched the wild soul rewards as those were pretty friggin gimpy, and swapped them for something else maybe a tonic or 2 instead.

IMO it also would have probably generated more revenue cause people close to the rewards would be like MAN I WILL SPEND A FEW BUCKS, but no they put the 5 star quite a bit far out there with a 6 star like right by it.


One thing I will say is Phyllis does have pretty nice artwork for a 4star too bad its just a 4star though, and won't be used much Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merivel



Join date : 2013-07-30
Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:15 pm

sycovenom wrote:
WeGotEnough wrote:
honestly I think they could have made this event more worthwhile to casual & midlevel players by having a 4* GP reward (Cercle) & 5* GP reward (Bethania)

Not having anything realistic they could grind for AND not having ability to trade sucked for a lot of people

also a 3* or 4* event unit participation reward (24 battles) would have been a decent thing to do
PERSONALLY if I was in charge here is what the list would have looked like
7 wins Phyllis
14 wins Annette
21 wins Demetria
perfect record Archibald as hell a 4* ticket for a perfect record is no where near as epic as say a 7* that is supposed to be insanely hard to get

That way most people would have been happy the people with 3-4 star cards would have got Phyllis at a decent rate, and had a chance for Annette, The people who are mainly 5 stars would have had a good shot at Annette, and potentially Demetria, and the I got more money then common sense people would have had a spending spree for Archibald which they would do anyways.

Also would have ditched the wild soul rewards as those were pretty friggin gimpy, and swapped them for something else maybe a tonic or 2 instead.

IMO it also would have probably generated more revenue cause people close to the rewards would be like MAN I WILL SPEND A FEW BUCKS, but no they put the 5 star quite a bit far out there with a 6 star like right by it.


One thing I will say is Phyllis does have pretty nice artwork for a 4star too bad its just a 4star though, and won't be used much Sad
You have my vote to be in charge next time. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-09
Posts : 587

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:47 pm

In my opinion, there are several things that could have made this event better:

1) Make Time Slots actually international. At least two of the time slots are terrible for Asia, Europe, and Australia. Asking people to stay up an hour at 3am is a huge commitment. I like GnatB's idea to let guilds pick 2 of 4 time slots to compete in.

2) Lower prize requirement to be more in line with the JP version. The requirement for 7* is fine I guess, since we are likely to end with 3 to 6 teams meeting the target. The number of Archibald will be more or less in line with other event rank 7*s. The 5* reward is challenging even for teams with multiple 6* owners.

3) Allow guild owner to kick inactives and other members to leave guild for the first 2 days of battle. Ideally you should recruit from your active allies and know how often they can show up before letting them join. But for a lot of players this may not be possible. This gives a chance for active players to find an active guild.

4) Don't mess up the event notice. A lot of people got fooled into believing that empty guilds could be disbanded.

5) Make GP rewards based on guild total and handed out to all members. They also need to be more meaningful than those stupid souls.

6) Stop replaying the last 3 or so events in the battle screen. It only causes information lag. All we care is the most up to date GPs, not some constantly changing numbers based on events that happened a minute ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sycovenom



Join date : 2013-05-08
Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Abyssight wrote:

4) Don't mess up the event notice. A lot of people got fooled into believing that empty guilds could be disbanded.
Seriously they botched that up even?


I swear I wish I could get a job working at one of the micro transaction game companies you can be completely incompetent at your job, and never get canned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Actually, what they should have done is as follows :

28 Battles > 14 Battles
4 Time Slots per day > 2 Time Slots per day
Halve the requirement for each reward.
Make GP prizes GUILD GP prizes not individual

Considering how matches are set up, they would have spent = or greater than the current spending spree simply because people have less chances, and more people able to be on = greater competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piggers
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-28
Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:31 pm

BkWiz wrote:
Actually, what they should have done is as follows :

28 Battles > 14 Battles
4 Time Slots per day > 2 Time Slots per day
Halve the requirement for each reward.
Make GP prizes GUILD GP prizes not individual

Considering how matches are set up, they would have spent = or greater than the current spending spree simply because people have less chances, and more people able to be on = greater competition.
I'd agree on all that. It would also probably reduce the amount of hate towards Mobage/SS that's going around because of the current matchmaking, due to top rank teams having already faced each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Piggers wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
Actually, what they should have done is as follows :

28 Battles > 14 Battles
4 Time Slots per day > 2 Time Slots per day
Halve the requirement for each reward.
Make GP prizes GUILD GP prizes not individual

Considering how matches are set up, they would have spent = or greater than the current spending spree simply because people have less chances, and more people able to be on = greater competition.
I'd agree on all that.  It would also probably reduce the amount of hate towards Mobage/SS that's going around because of the current matchmaking, due to top rank teams having already faced each other.
FYI, this set up would incidentally make it MUCH harder to get Archibald for the top guilds...

As it is, if you are in a top guild with a good team, and you know the mechanics, unless you screw up somewhere (Like we did along the way No ) you are almost a shoe in for Archibald.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piggers
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-28
Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:56 pm

BkWiz wrote:
Piggers wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
Actually, what they should have done is as follows :

28 Battles > 14 Battles
4 Time Slots per day > 2 Time Slots per day
Halve the requirement for each reward.
Make GP prizes GUILD GP prizes not individual

Considering how matches are set up, they would have spent = or greater than the current spending spree simply because people have less chances, and more people able to be on = greater competition.
I'd agree on all that.  It would also probably reduce the amount of hate towards Mobage/SS that's going around because of the current matchmaking, due to top rank teams having already faced each other.
FYI, this set up would incidentally make it MUCH harder to get Archibald for the top guilds...

As it is, if you are in a top guild with a good team, and you know the mechanics, unless you screw up somewhere (Like we did along the way No ) you are almost a shoe in for Archibald.
Sure, but Archibald is going to be one of the more common 7*s with the way they are doing it now. Likely 60+ prints. Would be okay with some increased difficulty; with the amount of complaints I've currently seen would be better for the game's overall health (as far as playerbase # active, not necessarily top end players).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:44 am

I wish there were more cookies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:37 am

Piggers wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
Piggers wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
Actually, what they should have done is as follows :

28 Battles > 14 Battles
4 Time Slots per day > 2 Time Slots per day
Halve the requirement for each reward.
Make GP prizes GUILD GP prizes not individual

Considering how matches are set up, they would have spent = or greater than the current spending spree simply because people have less chances, and more people able to be on = greater competition.
I'd agree on all that.  It would also probably reduce the amount of hate towards Mobage/SS that's going around because of the current matchmaking, due to top rank teams having already faced each other.
FYI, this set up would incidentally make it MUCH harder to get Archibald for the top guilds...

As it is, if you are in a top guild with a good team, and you know the mechanics, unless you screw up somewhere (Like we did along the way No ) you are almost a shoe in for Archibald.
Sure, but Archibald is going to be one of the more common 7*s with the way they are doing it now. Likely 60+ prints.  Would be okay with some increased difficulty; with the amount of complaints I've currently seen would be better for the game's overall health (as far as playerbase # active, not necessarily top end players).
Based on today's results. There are only 6 guilds left in the running for Archibald. Unless one slips up tomorrow, there will be at most 54 Archibalds. There is a possible chance at least 1 guild will slip up somehow. Which would mean there will be 45 Archibalds if that does happen.

All the other guilds have enough wins where it's unlikely they will slip up at this point and time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meximan1390
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-13
Posts : 714

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:21 am

All this anger reminds me of BA2, mostly just people that were not prepared and the people that didn't know when to press give up in survival mode. People should have know better, this is basically BA with a bigger emphasis on cash plus needing reliable teammates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 am

meximan1390 wrote:
All this anger reminds me of BA2, mostly just people that were not prepared and the people that didn't know when to press give up in survival mode. People should have know better, this is basically BA with a bigger emphasis on cash plus needing reliable teammates.
This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-19
Posts : 407

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 am

lmnseason wrote:
I wish there were more cookies.
Yes! More cookies, pistachios and milk!

This event is hard for free players like myself to wrap our head around the fact that we won't do very well because we get matched up pretty often with high spending guilds.  This renders your hard work devising a strategy into pudding, and creates a sense of worthlessness that plagues your team.  It has even pushed some of my team mates to spend some of their hard earned money in an attempt to avoid our impending slaughter.  Bravo fanta!  lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:08 am

joeladams20 wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
I wish there were more cookies.
Yes! More cookies, pistachios and milk!

This event is hard for free players like myself to wrap our head around the fact that we won't do very well because we get matched up pretty often with high spending guilds.  This renders your hard work devising a strategy into pudding, and creates a sense of worthlessness that plagues your team.  It has even pushed some of my team mates to spend some of their hard earned money in an attempt to avoid our impending slaughter.  Bravo fanta!  lol
Battle Arenas = Guild Events. Unless you are prepared to spend lots of money to make up for the deficit, the more prepared teams = the winner usually. Since older players / spending players tend to have multiple cards, they are more likely to be prepared and to win Battle Arena and Guild Events.

On the flip side, Battle Arenas tend to be the cheapest of all the Fantasica events due to the fact that there is a 'must have a team set up for arena' requirement in order to rank beforehand and most people choose not to prepare/cannot prepare and thus do not try to compete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandalicious



Join date : 2012-10-26
Posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:16 am

To be fair no one was really prepared for this event and couldn't because of the trade lock. I suspect the second guild war will be significantly more competitive and expensive. As for the current 6 guilds still running for archi, there is a huge gap in unit quality between those 6 and rest of the competition. So it's not just about spending. Spenders vs spenders, units actually still matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:50 am

Pandalicious wrote:
To be fair no one was really prepared for this event and couldn't because of the trade lock.  I suspect the second guild war will be significantly more competitive and expensive.  As for the current 6 guilds still running for archi, there is a huge gap in unit quality between those 6 and rest of the competition.  So it's not just about spending.  Spenders vs spenders, units actually still matter.
^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-19
Posts : 407

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:54 am

BkWiz wrote:
joeladams20 wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
I wish there were more cookies.
Yes! More cookies, pistachios and milk!

This event is hard for free players like myself to wrap our head around the fact that we won't do very well because we get matched up pretty often with high spending guilds.  This renders your hard work devising a strategy into pudding, and creates a sense of worthlessness that plagues your team.  It has even pushed some of my team mates to spend some of their hard earned money in an attempt to avoid our impending slaughter.  Bravo fanta!  lol
Battle Arenas = Guild Events. Unless you are prepared to spend lots of money to make up for the deficit, the more prepared teams = the winner usually.  Since older players / spending players tend to have multiple cards, they are more likely to be prepared and to win Battle Arena and Guild Events.

On the flip side, Battle Arenas tend to be the cheapest of all the Fantasica events due to the fact that there is a 'must have a team set up for arena' requirement in order to rank beforehand and most people choose not to prepare/cannot prepare and thus do not try to compete.
Yes, yes :)My, as well as my teams expectations are totally in line now.  You are totally right, bkwiz. I've had an excellent time getting to know my teammates, so that is a positive that came out of our thrifty game playing/battle losing ways. The next 4 battles are for you, Team Perilous Panties! Win or lose!! LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liquidleks



Join date : 2013-08-21
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 am

BkWiz wrote:

On the flip side, Battle Arenas tend to be the cheapest of all the Fantasica events due to the fact that there is a 'must have a team set up for arena' requirement in order to rank beforehand and most people choose not to prepare/cannot prepare and thus do not try to compete.
Any event players choose not to participate in can be the cheapest; BA is not exclusive in that regard. :p

(in fact in most other events players can sell event items, making Battle Arena the worst rewarding event for a non-participant)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:26 am

liquidleks wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

On the flip side, Battle Arenas tend to be the cheapest of all the Fantasica events due to the fact that there is a 'must have a team set up for arena' requirement in order to rank beforehand and most people choose not to prepare/cannot prepare and thus do not try to compete.
Any event players choose not to participate in can be the cheapest; BA is not exclusive in that regard.  :p

(in fact in most other events players can sell event items, making Battle Arena the worst rewarding event for a non-participant)
I'm looking at the average spent across all players. Using my own data as an example of the top players spending, BA has the least amount of spending needed to rank in the top ranks compared to any event currently out there.

Part of it is due to the fact that people don't compete due to not being prepared, and the heavy favoritism towards older players with multiple cards rather than newer players who might only have 1 6.

Furthermore, there are no event units for Battle Arena, so other than tickets there is less incentive to spend if you already have a Battle Arena ready team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Resetz



Join date : 2013-07-18
Posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

what unit you have there in the video Bkwiz?
the one with white horse? you have like 4-5 of them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-08-17
Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:44 pm

It's Charles, a 6* with S speed and cost of 10 (http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Charles). Using those 4 gives a total of 160 room for the other 6 slots, and Bernard at the lead protects some attacks with Iron Wall.

Quite a nice strategy imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iburnq8
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-06-14
Posts : 892

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:50 pm

The star in this event was Alondra with her deadly power .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Resetz



Join date : 2013-07-18
Posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:12 pm

6*, S speed and cost of 10 , that's cheating :p
much cost a fortune to obtain all those 6*

just noticed Archibald is the only male in 7* Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Today at 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Thoughts about Guild event now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Thoughts about Guild event now?
» Guild Event Mechanics (Match Up Portion Complete!)
» Guild Event: Cannon Data Gathering
» Guild Battle or Tower Event
» New "Guild Arena" Event in Japan

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: