HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Amasuro's Guild Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:26 pm

just going to put this out there...

the more units you defend with, the more points you prevent, whether you win or lose. That being said it looks like we have dedicated defenders? If we are trying to min/max points our 3 defenders should only defend with full teams... as a/p points allow. The defenders should not attack, if if points are low just swap out 1 man defenders until you can heal back up. Attackers should not have any units set to def, swapping units for attacking as needed. the rooks (imo), unless they have an amazing team shouldnt be defending at all unless the defenders are being overwhelmed, the rooks should only be supporting defenders/attackers by giving ap as needed. I know this can make for a rather slow and lame hour but if its close this is the way to win. If we break all their def or you get hammer time, then its game on and everyone should be attacking the base.

90% of our fights will be blow outs one way or the other so really, if we meet a big spending team that will simply overwhelm us we can 1) just hang with it and hope they were all show in the first 5 min and we can make a last 5 min comback or 2) be dicks and 1 man def preventing as much bt as we can. If its a close match, it is much better to defend with a full team (even if it has some 4/5*'s) and get wiped than to defend with 1... that being said its better to defend with 1 than to let our base get hit.

that being said i've been really out of touch with everyone in the guild the first few days, battling my kids getting the plague and super busy work days with an impending furlough hanging over everyones heads, so i dun know where i should place myself ^^ (i'll put kik back on my device tonight) for now im going to take a mid row for the 4am/11pm shift as those fights are going to be hard for me to make and i will probably grab a front line for prime time as the overall attack damage of the attackers will net your more points, and with defending its just about showing up... so its better for the guilds overall score to have the full on 6* teams attacking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:12 pm

The three mid slots were filled already. I believe two defense spots and one offense spot were the only spots left. Chase (Our rook Edwin) is going to end up in one of these three spots. No offense to him, but he's better off in the middle as he will get crushed in defense.

Those who took the middle position should reconsider to let our weaker guild members in. Also, the top right position (one of the open defense slots) is apparently the strongest defensive position. Anybody have an idea of who our strongest defender is?

I know that I'll be doing the one man defense for sure. My defensive team consists of 4 10dc 4*'s and Klavier Razz

EDIT: Also, will update OP with everyone's teams when I'm not busy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Amasuro wrote:
predator852 wrote:
But can someone talk me through the mechanics of putting 5 units on defense and switching them out for fresh units once they're KO'd?
In the edit team window do I set five units on def & put the rest in my team an deploy them all, or set only 5 on defense and deploy, knowing i can add more units in once the battle begins?
Yep, its as you said. You can deploy a max 5 units at a time during the actual battle (typically 5 units are attacking while the other 5 are defending). If you don't attack, your 5 attacking units will be full health, so just pull the defense units that are dying from defense and put one of your attacking units in its place. The screen of that during battle looks exactly the same as the edit team screen right now.

You'll see when the battle comes, don't worry Smile 
Thanks, I figured it out. & I took the top defending spot, I'll be doing full defense until crush time because My 6*s are slow & bulky...

I think a good strategy is to focus on at least showing up for the first 15 mins of the first and last battle of the day.
From the way things seem these times are inconvenient for many players. This means If we meet a team that is evenly matched with us, but has one or two inportant players that are sleep/busy, we can steal a few important wins, and start so strong that we intimidate them from even attempting to beat us.

Also: I thought we had 2 rooks, why are there two spots empty? (I know Edwin is waiting for someone to move, but who's the other person?

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:07 am

i'll move up front, i took a mid just cause i hope to not wake up until 4:45 am so i'd be missing the first bit of the battle. anyway heres my team... for science!

Attk:
Paris / Seth / Nina / Mort / Mech
Def:
Annette / Muriel / Myro / Zaf / Tarte
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:10 am

predator852 wrote:
Also: I thought we had 2 rooks, why are there two spots empty? (I know Edwin is waiting for someone to move, but who's the other person?
Its Shinra who hasn't deployed either

EDIT: Woo finally updated OP for all the guild to see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shure
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:34 am

Ghost_Star, your strategy is great o_o
We should get on def ppl who have units with iron wall or something like that... I have more speed orders and double/tripple atk. Maybe better go for atk line? And our 2 rooks should be in middle, railing us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:12 am

shure wrote:
Ghost_Star, your strategy is great o_o
We should get on def ppl who have units with iron wall or something like that... I have more speed orders and double/tripple atk. Maybe better go for atk line? And our 2 rooks should be in middle, railing us.
yea, speed order, double/triple attack should be used to take out enemy defenders, once they are out swap to all 6* regardless of speed, dc or skill. When attacking an undefended base you get no skill procs and each unit gets to attack twice, you get more bt points based on your total attack value so no skill 6* > triple attack (or any for that matter) 5*.

also make sure you redeploy after every battle even if you cant make it because you units will be fodder for the first few attacks against us. if you wont be there or late, swap to your best def units.

Rank appears to be wins + bt points... so if we want a rank reward we will have to have the most amount of BT points for our win bracket... ie we will be tied with many many other guilds as far as win count, but if our bt points are higher we could be ranked better then all of them. ^^

Last edited by Ghost_Star on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Actually, now it seems rank is based on GP alone. Lots of 1-1 guilds around us and ahead of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Yeah before the event it was wins and then bt, which would've been better for us. Why the hell would they switch up like that???

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Congratulations to all Amasuro's Guild members for an amazing event! Thankfully we actually got the 6* this time Very Happy

The Amasuro's Guild 2 Members
Amasuro
Shinrasoldier
predator852
chasevwhiting (amazing rook Very Happy)
shure
Ghost_Star
janeannsmith
bobbychao
Artannia (lol double Closer huehue)

Lets bump this thread again for guild wars 3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cafeglace

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:30 pm

CLLOOOOOOSSSSEEEEEERRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
red11590

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 pm

i had fought ur team in early round,haha, i remember there is someone name amasuro..congrats though for ur 6*..my guild lost to u btw.haha Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:41 pm

red11590 wrote:
i had fought ur team in early round,haha, i remember there is someone name amasuro..congrats though for ur 6*..my guild lost to u btw.haha Smile
1. CLOSERRRRRRRRRRR

2. This guild war was my first, and simultaneously the most fun and hardest event I've ever competed in.

3. Red what is your guild's name, what's your record and Did we outright destroy you or did we blitz you at the end?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shure
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:54 am

Thank you all, it was great fighting with you! Good luck with future events, and hopefuly we'll see each other on guild battle 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
equals399
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:30 am

amasuro smells Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 am

Guys, you all rocked. Our Def was unbreakable and the teamwork was unmatched.

We were the trap!:

I was plagued by connections issues that seem like they will never end, luckily that only prevented me from participating in one of or battles. And I also felt vastly under supplied compared to some of you guys and because of that I was carried... I was not expecting to have such an amazing team and would be much better prepared next time.... although i understand jp has yet to see another GB event...

Anyway I havent been able to log on since we won our last battle because of who knows why, so i've been unable to pet my new shinny 6*, heavily, but once i do get on I'd be more than happy to make room on my ally list for any of you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:43 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
although i understand jp has yet to see another GB event...
Actually, I think their current event is a GB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:58 am

Amasuro wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:
although i understand jp has yet to see another GB event...
Actually, I think their current event is a GB
oh snap, its on. this will give me plenty of time to recover
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:02 pm

I might be a little overzealous but I'm already planning my team for the next GW, and so I want to put down my working team here so I don't forget/trade the units.

If I'm an attacker:

Front Row: Stella/Closer
Back Row: Camelot/Viera/Ombre
Alternates: Fawn/Erionet/Annette/Fate/Klavier

If I'm a Defender:
Swap CReamy for Camelot, put Annette in front row & move Ombre to Alt

I still don't like having Klavier in there though. Wanna get enough to buy Phileas or Rain and swap one of them for Camelot. Then I can cut Klavier and throw in another 20DC cards, probably another Erio...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 am

Haha, and I thought I was excited for guild arena
predator852 wrote:
I might be a little overzealous but I'm already planning my team for the next GW, and so I want to put down my working team here so I don't forget/trade the units.

If I'm an attacker:

Front Row: Stella/Closer
Back Row: Camelot/Viera/Ombre
Alternates: Fawn/Erionet/Annette/Fate/Klavier

If I'm a Defender:
Swap CReamy for Camelot, put Annette in front row & move Ombre to Alt

I still don't like having Klavier in there though. Wanna get enough to buy Phileas or Rain and swap one of them for Camelot. Then I can cut Klavier and throw in another 20DC cards, probably another Erio...
Unless your packing 500+ TE, your not getting a Rain. Phileas is a bit more affordable. There's also quite a few low DC 6*'s from this event who would be much better than Erio...if your lucky enough to get them.

My team is still changing, with my Alvida and Ficial being replaced by Chandelle. Trying to use the TE I have now to buy an Iron Wall unit as I believe that none of our defenders had one last event. If I do get my hands on one, I'll take defense.

But...that's going to be in about a month Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Amasuro wrote:
Unless your packing 500+ TE, your not getting a Rain. Phileas is a bit more affordable. There's also quite a few low DC 6*'s from this event who would be much better than Erio...if your lucky enough to get them.

My team is still changing, with my Alvida and Ficial being replaced by Chandelle. Trying to use the TE I have now to buy an Iron Wall unit as I believe that none of our defenders had one last event. If I do get my hands on one, I'll take defense.

I was running Patrick, but he wasn't MLB and so he wasn't worth it. I learned a lot from the last GW, especially about defending, and it seems to me that IW (while good) is out shined by things like Slow and AA on a defensive team.

The best thing to do when defending (provided you have the money) is run 5units, all heavy hitters with Slow being the highest priority skill (Some of the new arena skills, Backstab & Defense Ordeer may end up outshining slow though.) This is because you want to counter attack by hitting the attackers hard and killing some of their units (So they have a harder time hitting your base) and have slow proc as often as possible so they get less turns to hit your defender out of the 30 hits per attack they get.

Still, I see what you mean. I'm saving for Rain/Aragon (They're my top priorities right now lol.) So it might take forever, but I think I can move some equity around and snag one eventually. I'm also gonna start stocking pots so I can have 10 per battle to use. AND I'm gonna save up some cash for the actual event, to grab a unit/event items.

So I guess we'll see when the time comes lol.

P.S. I see why you love Chandell so much when I deploy her in quests, her sprite/attack is awesome, which just add on to her nice art!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:15 am

predator852 wrote:
Amasuro wrote:

I was running Patrick, but he wasn't MLB and so he wasn't worth it. I learned a lot from the last GW, especially about defending, and it seems to me that IW (while good) is out shined by things like Slow and AA on a defensive team.

The best thing to do when defending (provided you have the money) is run 5units, all heavy hitters with Slow being the highest priority skill (Some of the new arena skills, Backstab & Defense Ordeer may end up outshining slow though.) This is because you want to counter attack by hitting the attackers hard and killing some of their units (So they have a harder time hitting your base) and have slow proc as often as possible so they get less turns to hit your defender out of the 30 hits per attack they get.

Still, I see what you mean. I'm saving for Rain/Aragon (They're my top priorities right now lol.) So it might take forever, but I think I can move some equity around and snag one eventually. I'm also gonna start stocking pots so I can have 10 per battle to use. AND I'm gonna save up some cash for the actual event, to grab a unit/event items.

So I guess we'll see when the time comes lol.

P.S. I see why you love Chandell so much when I deploy her in quests, her sprite/attack is awesome, which just add on to her nice art!
The reason Iron Wall is so good is that since skills proc more often in the back line, just one good iron wall unit like Bajardo or Baldomero is good enough to tank for your other 4 units. The other two are Vertex (nobody found out her HP yet), and Aksana (her HP is really low). Hell, Bajardo and Baldomero also contribute to the damage since they both hit like trucks. Granted, I guess it has gotta be one of these four units as none of the other lower tier units (like Patrick) have enough HP to justify being a tank. Past that, I agree that slow, defense order, and speed order are some of the better arena skills to have as a defender. Though, there are a couple new skills that were disabled in the last GA so they might be good too.

Rain or Aragon? Good luck with that Razz. I want Alsiel badly, but I know its in my nature that once I reach a high amount of TE, I'll blow it all on something I'll regret later. Though, I've been recently buying mostly arena units, so there's not much to regret at the moment.

And yes, Chandelle is the most adorable thing ever. You also forgot to mention her 25DC and B Speed slow, which makes her an amazing arena unit. Can't believe I got her for just a Ficial and my second Closer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:26 am

Yep, everything you said is pretty much true! I don't think I have the space for Baldo/Baja, so you're right I might end up just being an attacker. Although that means CReamy would get no play fir an entire event Sad lol

And I really hate using Klavier, gonna do everything in my power to get a Nina lol.

As for Erio, if I do get another 20DC card do you think I should cut Erio or Annette?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:31 pm

predator852 wrote:
Yep, everything you said is pretty much true! I don't think I have the space for Baldo/Baja, so you're right I might end up just being an attacker. Although that means CReamy would get no play fir an entire event :(lol

And I really hate using Klavier, gonna do everything in my power to get a Nina lol.

As for Erio, if I do get another 20DC card do you think I should cut Erio or Annette?  
Last event, I basically had only 6 good cards with the rest of my team stuffed with random 10dc cards to throw randomly at the enemy team, so I always have space for a random new 30dc unit. It'll probably make my team size 7, though lol!

Don't hate on Klavier, I used her last time! She was very good at suiciding into the swords of the enemy Charles about 100 or so times.

Not sure who you should cut in your 20dc spot. Erio is a 6* but is really slow, while Annette is only slightly faster but has triple attack. I guess you can decide that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:49 pm

my feelings are mixed on the type of team to build for GA... it seemed in my experience that 99% of the opposing defense melted regardless of what i used and because when attacking the base your point gain was based on the damage done, loading my attack team with power as opposed to a good build was really the only way to go... put together 5 super strong (speed does not matter when attacking base) units maybe 1 or 2 as replacements and then the last 3 as throw away 1 man defenders... 5x valds would probably be the non event unit best/highest point base hitting 6* team.

The defense is a totally different story... I think it you want to build a good offense go for straight raw power, if you want to build a defense that is where you really need to take into consideration team make up... and our defenders were top class, i dont know if you guys were 1 manning it or full team defending, but yea if you can defeat  a 5/6* mixed team your only allowing 3-5k bt vs 1 manning and give up 23k per attack... in which case you can start with a sweet 5 man team and then just 1 man the rest, heal and repeat or you could get your main team and swap out tanks as needed or just have two stand alone def teams... iirc the most annoying defense team i ran against was 4 charles and an iron wall, i forget ask/baja... anyway that worked out well for them... so lots of ways to get creative on the defense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amasuro's Guild Thread!   Today at 11:38 am

Back to top Go down

Amasuro's Guild Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next