HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Device Affecting Unit Performance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you sometimes fail a quest you could easily beat due to poor device performance?
Yup!
60%
 60% [ 12 ]
Nope!
40%
 40% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
honkytoinks

PostSubject: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:36 am

Good day Fanta players! I'm feeling burned out grinding for BT (this is my first Panel Event) and I felt like a break was in order.  Although I really want to see veterans' remarks to this, any player input would be appreciated!

It was awhile back that I read about the topic subject when players couldn't seem to finish the Normal and Hard Helmut missions due to their mobile device slowing down the game AND their units' attack speeds.  This results into mission failure despite the fact the quest could easily be beaten!

I thought I'd never have to go through such an annoying setback but lo and behold: I was grinding a quest with my trusty allies when all of a sudden an Orc manages to slip by the defense with a sliver of health! Not really a disaster, but it was really annoying because my allies were 5 or 6-star units! Mad

Have any of you ever had this inconvenience? geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:01 am

Oh yeah. Sometimes it is just about the spacing of your units, and the enemy. You can kill every enemy, and have one enemy that just seems to walk through the middle of the carnage untouched. In a lot of the challenge type quests, they like to mix in a few fast movers right behind tanking units. If your defences are not set just right the fast mover will slip past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluerexx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 am

Fortunately, my device is fast enough to not experience slow downs, but I have seen my friends iphone 3gs which had problem with the Helmut quests due to lag
Back to top Go down
View user profile
honkytoinks

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:39 am

@ggorr: Oh, it's not that I can't finish the quest due to bad spacing~ I've already finished it hundreds of times Razz Every now and then I lose because my connection gets screwed and slows down my device, allowing 1 or 2 escapees... Evil or Very Mad I blame our country's crappy DSL services but then again, it's all I've got scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenmujin

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:25 am

Never noticed this, but I do lose quests and even battles cause my android will simply shutdown Fantasica in the middle of it. I need to unregister my Android and play only on my iPad. Really need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zephinx

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:17 am

interesting, didn't know it's due to device performance. I do experience during mina trial. I completed the archer master. But when i tried to repeat it using the same units, same allies at the exact same position, I failed. I was scratch wtf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:36 am

I can confirm that on slow devices Helmut's quests may become impossible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
honkytoinks

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Abyssight wrote:
Thank you for this input! I was sure the device can affect the game in some way~ Neutral You seem familiar? Were you also in the Helmut topics?

Surprisingly, the poll now favors toward affected players by a point! Let's see how it goes in the next few weeks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:27 pm

i never had this problem.
but with slower devices i can imagine doing less damage to bosses if your touchscreen or whatever isn't working properly causing you to deploy units too slow

☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Actually, I can confirm that the device can affect your Unit performances. Sometimes, my Sony Xperia S can't handle that from Fanta and my Units are attacking, but with more delay then usual. I never have this on my Sasmung Galaxy S3, but it's the worst on Bluestacks. I avoid to do Quests there, because of Bluestacks slows down the performance.

Example for that above:
When I played on my Xperia S and it encountered a problem, I lost at the Quest 41-6. On Bluestacks I lost several times at 41-6. On the Sasmung S3 it worked perfectly fine. I always had the same Set Up.

Also, I know someone who has been a Fanta player for a long time, but really needed some months to finish Helmuts Bootcamp, because of the delay.

Fanta could have done that better. Razz

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 pm

I did noticed a few occasions where the monster seems to do a block and the damage was halfed. (or lessen by ~30%)

But yes, majority of the times I lost was the annoying few ms caused by mobile lag as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Abyssight wrote:
Can also back that up
Have 3 devices 1 unit setup worked on 2 of them perfectly, and the 3rd it was so far off it wasn't funny, I've never found any way to do them on the last device so I just gave up using it in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Device Affecting Unit Performance?   Today at 6:52 am

Back to top Go down

Device Affecting Unit Performance?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1