HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Aqua Rious

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Aqua Rious   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Aqua has one of the more unique stats in the game, a LE Rank Reward, average to above average art(subjective I know), yet her value is lower than many other LE Rank Rewards.  Someone explain to me why this is.  

My personal assumption is that people dislike her because she has no legs and covers herself in a white bedsheet.  Another thought I had is that no one has found a good use for her in the game as of yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:41 pm

For one thing, she is a 5*. Right now the market is saturated with 5*s and there prices are dropping.

Secondly, the dual skill while it is interesting is not that usefull. Neither skill is higher then the skill you would get from a 3*.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:43 pm

there were also lots of this card printed. typically the 5* reward cards are just for r200 and better. but yea 3* skill + 2* skill make her rather weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 pm

What other LE rank rewards are you referring to? I think Aqua's value is more or less the same as other 5* rank rewards with similar number of copies, Sedna for example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZucchiniQueen
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Reasons:

1. She's a 5*, 5*s aren't going to stay high from their release unless they are great (Laura,Heide,WW) or if they are really rare
2. There's 500 of her
3. Mage (even though this really only affects 6*s)
4. Multi-Skills aren't that strong, they look useful but really aren't.

EX: Slow 5 or Atk Boost 5 could really help out in quests/boss (especially if there was atk boost 5) but Aqua has Slow 3 and Atk Boost 2. Why have a unit that can do both of them at a mediocre job than having 2 units that have higher skill levels with similar stats?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Ok, I hear you on the 5*'s being over saturated, but if that were the ONLY reason, then cards like Laura wouldn't be at their value either.  I know this will always be a controversial topic.

The 500 of her is a very good point zucchini!!  That kind of brought it home for me.

But, I would think that multi-skill would have an interest to collectors, whether the stats be good or not purely based on the fact that she is a one of a kind/unique.  Although... Alexander is unique too *runs and hides* EDIT: Nevermind... not LE... nevermind on this point.

Here is a better question- do you think her value will go up, down or stay the same over time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:20 pm

I traded an Aqua for HTullia (happy and sad at the same time but dont regret it). which im surprised htullias price has stayed so high as it has, which is around ~40. Seen someone trying to trade hconstance + 10TE for htullia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowTempest
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:44 am

ZucchiniQueen wrote:
EX: Slow 5 or Atk Boost 5 could really help out in quests/boss (especially if there was atk boost 5) but Aqua has Slow 3 and Atk Boost 2. Why have a unit that can do both of them at a mediocre job than having 2 units that have higher skill levels with similar stats?
I agree with this in a way, but the main thing I found that made her not as useful is... She's Poison 3 (Encyclopedia is wrong, I'll get Isy to change it in a bit). She would be so much better if she was slow tbh, right now I just use her for her cute sprite and art.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melvin858

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:54 am

i think Alex (Attack Boost 4) are better than her, except Alex do not have other skills.
Furthermore, most of our units are female. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sichyras

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:37 am

It's because she doesn't have ginormous, barely-constrained breasts. Aside from ranked 6 and 7 stars, you can generally take a stab at a card's ballpark value based on the following ranking, in this order:

1. How huge her boobs are/"art style" (which is usually, but not always, code for boobs). This means male cards are automatically valued lower, in general.
2. Rarity (pullable versus LE)
3. Stats as an afterthought

Much as I wish this weren't true, try it out. You'll be surprised at your accuracy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belhyde
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Gehenna dont have boob but sold higher than the girl 4*. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Belhyde wrote:
Gehenna dont have boob but sold higher than the girl 4*. Surprised

Really? Im buying ghennas at 1te each. ;P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bobkyou
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:47 pm

From a post I made back during Aqua's event

Quote :
Alright, lets just compare her to Alex with some basic numbers from the wiki, this isn't going to be precise because I'm lazy and the answer should be clear.

Lets say we are in a training event and fighting a ground boss with D melee, S missile, and C or B mage defense. Lets say its a normal boss, so 1 of your own units and 3 allies.

Vlad is 152931 base ground damage, so 3x Vlads is 458,793 damage. With Alex, you are getting +183,517 damage, and lets totally ignore Alex's pitiful damage contribution. With Aqua, you are getting +114,698 damage, a difference of 68,818 damage. This difference will only be compounded in a situation where you can summon more than 3 additional units.

Alex is simply better than Aqua in almost any situation where you'd consider using Aqua, and in any event you'd only want to use one unit or the other in very few situations. The occasional training event boss who happens to be weak to melee when you happen to have a lot of male allies on, or perhaps the occasional Mina's Trial, where the rewards are crap anyways so its not worth paying a lot to prepare for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:09 pm

in the end it's still a 5* , and if you look at it in a boss type of way, adding a vlad will be better anyway.

☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:54 am

aqua price around 20-30te, not bad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aqua Rious   Today at 11:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Aqua Rious
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1