HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Question on Fantasica content

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
golgorand

PostSubject: Question on Fantasica content   Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Hello everyone,

When I started playing Fantasica about over a month ago, I thought it was pretty cool to combine a CCG/TCG with a tower defense-type gameplay. I also enjoy games with a story, so I was pretty excited when I saw the game's intro.

However, I quickly realized that there wasn't much of a story after all, just a bunch of flavored text boxes with a character, usually Mina, before the actual fights, and was a little disappointed.

I was wondering if I was the only one who would have enjoyed a more complex story?

On a similar subject, if the game had a decent story (with cutscenes and all), would you be willing to pay for the extra chapters? If so, how much?

For the sake of transparency, I will add that I'm a game developer currently working on a mobile game that will actually have a story! Just looking for some input from some fellow players.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Question on Fantasica content   Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:14 pm

i think the story progresses with the events. like some guy opens a portal so we go kill him, that cascades to this other event where we do a thing. these are mixed with fluff like trials and what not but go thourgh and read the all the stories from events and you will see a progression.... leading us to finally deal with the mina bitch who is the source of all that is evil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Question on Fantasica content   Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
i think the story progresses with the events. like some guy opens a portal so we go kill him, that cascades to this other event where we do a thing. these are mixed with fluff like trials and what not but go thourgh and read the all the stories from events and you will see a progression.... leading us to finally deal with the mina bitch who is the source of all that is evil.

Rofl, its always Mina.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Question on Fantasica content   Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm quite disappointed in the story too, I don't want to read a novel but some sort of actual narrative with more characters, and places that actually have names would have been nice. Now it's just a series of "OMG what's that?" (and then you kill it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mysterio006

PostSubject: Re: Question on Fantasica content   Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Pointless cross-promotion, but I wrote my little take on the setting of Fantasica in my defunct shop. I thought that all the characters in this units are summons (how else would you explain the hundreds or thousands of clones? Heh).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on Fantasica content   Today at 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Question on Fantasica content
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1