HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

FF6 Fans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
abuqasar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:16 am

Thread has turned into a FF discussion thread XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:04 am

Technically it IS about FF after all.

We just broaden the topic Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McRities

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Nothing wrong with a FF discussion thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lemanzarc

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:24 am

What a coincidence that I'm currently playing FF6 with a PS emulator right now since I've never played it before and accidentally found this thread while browsing the forums lol. So far I'm really loving FF6 more but my favorites are still FF7 and 9 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abuqasar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:43 am

Yeeeah another FF9 lover *high fives*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 am

9 had an excellent storyline. Back to basics instead of mindboggling twists like 7 & 8 where you have to think much more to understand it.

The interesting thing about FF9 is that there is no foolproof way to get 100%. You have to choose either one way or another.

Possible gameplays -
- 8 of each equip for everyone (unless it's male or female exclusive or whatever, then u are allowed to cut down) - This you have to plan REALLY well during Disc 1 as to how much equips you need to buy since they will change their stores during/after Disc 2.
- The No-Level Up and/or No Equip game play. (You can vomit blood fighting the bosses)
- Excalibur II (OH GOD I have never gotten this before)
- Maxing out the card album with all cards A rank (Honestly I feel stupid getting this. I was already satisfied getting X rank for all 100 cards.)
- (Insert name here) Magic type only gameplay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lalaliel

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm a fan of FF6. It is among my favourite FF's. I like it because it has a lot of characters and you can't really say who is the main. The world is very interesting to explore.

gambolice wrote:

FF7 is bloody overrated and overhyped but fun nonetheless.

FF5 my god that job system. So awesome.
My words exactly!

But when I criticize FF7 people get mad all the time. confused I just didn't find a favourite character there. It is hard for me to love the game when I don't have a connection with some character. Materia system is still very powerful.

FF5 job system is so good. It is simple but very flexible. You can experiment on skill combinations and find something unexpected when adding specific weapons. The skill system is very primitive at first sight but almost genious when you get the point.

... My favourite FF is FF10. Because of the story and character design.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:21 pm

Lalaliel wrote:
FF5 job system is so good. It is simple but very flexible. You can experiment on skill combinations and find something unexpected when adding specific weapons. The skill system is very primitive at first sight but almost genious when you get the point.
I was thinking how good can Time Mage or Bard can do... And then that Mime came into play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Aww yee FF discussion thread!

FF1 - Ugh the dreadful gameplay! BUT, Garland is a surprisingly evil villain. If he had succeeded, I think he would have been the villain to have reached true immortality.

FF5 - Personally I couldn't get into it. I I didn't really connect with the characters or story, and the job system wasn't fully developed imo.

FF6 - Loved the crazy amount of playable characters. I thought the job system was a definite upgrade from FF5.  Soundtrack is amazing, especially the battle song and the opera song. aaND DANCING MAD anyone? A very beautiful song that illustrates Kefka's journey as a villain throughout the entire game.

FFX - The reason why I got into RPGs. I could probably talk for DAYS about this game - music, themes, aeons, character. SUCH A GOOD GAMEEEEE

FF12 - Hate me all you want, but I actually thoroughly enjoyed this game. The story is definitely not as final fantasy-esque as others, but I absolutely loved the battle/gambit system in this game. Having it flow in real time was a nice departure from all the turn-based games in the series. The amount of side-quests was immense, and kept me playing for a long while. AND THE ESPERS. <3

Working on others in the series, although it's been more like a hiatus. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   Today at 1:03 am

Back to top Go down

FF6 Fans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2