HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Arcade Gamers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Arcade Gamers?   Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 am

Does anyone play arcade games nowadays?

I`m rather into the rhythm games side, playing mainly DDR, Drummania, IIDX, Rerave and Technika.

How about you guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WindSilence

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 am

Arcades are so hard to come by nowadays, I still try and hit up my local, but it's become really crap with mostly ticket giving games instead of some old school Buck Hunter and stuff like that...

I'm more into the Street Fighter, Galaxia, Daytona arcade games. And when it comes to rhythm games, only the ones that are instrumented, e.g Guitar or Drum sims.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:24 am

Yeah, I heard that US arcade community has pretty much fizzled except that godly Round1 (california) and 8otB (Jersey) which have insane players who can compete among the world's top players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DatGreenTea
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Yeah, here in America, arcade games have become more of a collector's item rather than a wonderland to spend your spare change. The only way you're going to find one is if you're seriously looking for them; they will no longer be everywhere like they were in the 80's and 90's. Only coin games I see nowadays are the ones that let you win everytime: candy machines.

'Murica.

Personally, like WindSilence, I used to play a lot of Street Fighter and Pacman/Mrs. Pacman, but haven't seen a machine in the past 5 years. Don't get me wrong, my console controller is just fine, but nothing beats a true joystick. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hakitou.tumblr.com
Speckter

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 am

<--- T3 (Technika3) player here. Too bad the servers are going down. Eh, I'm not very good anyways.

Same goes for DDR and other rhythm games. I enjoy playing them, but don't expect much from me.

Rerave looks cool though, another rhythm game to wrap my head around. Looks like I'm gonna have to get me a tablet though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:24 am

^ for some reason I`m guessing that you are Singaporean or Filipino.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Speckter

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:36 am

I am Filipino. I'm not sure if I should be offended, paranoid, or depressed though. I'm guessing you say that because the Technika community is largely those two? I dunno. I don't know much, but I know I'm ignorant/uninformed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:20 am

I was one of the higher ranked players in Singapore for technika and rerave.

Was giving a guess as the communities from these 2 countries are reaally active.

Just so u wonder, my user is Megusta in T3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matakaw
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 am

T3 is probably the end of the game. I don't hear some news that there will be T4 but my friend told me because of the music creation and competitive music touch games like Rerave is having a decrease of fun having to concentrate on this game.

As a former arcade gamer, I was the former top players in Guitar Freaks and Drummania and I have a proof of certificate got from the tournament. Nowadays, I can't play them both, change of life maybe the cause. But I'm still playing android games recently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
savagerhelper12004

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm

gambolice wrote:
Does anyone play arcade games nowadays?

I`m rather into the rhythm games side, playing mainly DDR, Drummania, IIDX, Rerave and Technika.

How about you guys?
Not really.  I'm more of a computer strategy gamer. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gambolice
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:58 pm

matakaw wrote:
T3 is probably the end of the game. I don't hear some news that there will be T4 but my friend told me because of the music creation and competitive music touch games like Rerave is having a decrease of fun having to concentrate on this game.

As a former arcade gamer, I was the former top players in Guitar Freaks and Drummania and I have a proof of certificate got from the tournament. Nowadays, I can't play them both, change of life maybe the cause. But I'm still playing android games recently.
T3 has ended its lifespan, due to the takeover of Pentavision to Neowiz. Now they`re thinking of Technika Q for Android but i dont think it`ll be a good idea due to the tiny screen...

But wait, certificate for DMGF? Who are you, 513?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Gamers?   Today at 2:52 am

Back to top Go down

Arcade Gamers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1