HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Questions from a still being enlightened player.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
junsuina

PostSubject: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:33 am

I've been playing blind for a few weeks now and I honestly have no idea why I've not gone to Google earlier and discovered this awesome forum. In short, I'm an idiotic noob.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post (Please don't stone me!) but I do still have questions and request for recommendation after reading all the awesome guides for new players available here.

1. I have some 4* cards and I'm working towards a 5* card now. What unit would you recommend? I do know that having a Knockback skill is good so I'm looking at a Diane, Zita or Constance.
  2. If I were to sink cash in this game, card packs/boxes or TEs?
  3. Umm.. Any players from Asia? Its kinda hard to play with my current pool of allies (we're all 4* leaders aspiring to climb the ranks) as I suspect that most of them are 12-16 hours behind my time. Essentially, when I sleep they play.
  4. Any other new players find the current and soon to end tower event futile yet we still carry on playing in the hope of getting a good rank and prize?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://janessaloves.com
ZucchiniQueen
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 am

1. For a first 5* I recommend something like Kreuz/Zita/Diane/Soldado, useful and cheap. But, they also have a hard time being resold so if you buy one stick with it for a while, unless you have a better card. Constance is a bit pricy (both of them sadly).

I could sell you one for cheap if ya want :p. (Kreuz/Soldado/Zita)

2.Either one, but in events like these, buy pots/te and trade them for the other currency.

Ex: Buy x amount of pots in the middle of Neolith event and sell them for double that amount in TE.

Or, if you are ranking for an event and the box gives extra items and you need them, you could pull a box. I would only recommend pulling a box during an event you like ( has to give extra items with the box or it would just be a regular box)

3. There are tons! Check around the general chat, I think there is a thread for Asian players who want to ally up or just talk.

4. Idk how to answer Sad

EDIT:Here's the link to the "Asian Player in Fantasica" thread ^^

Last edited by ZucchiniQueen on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beroxxus

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 am

Zita is a good choice b/c she is super cheap right now. In fact, lots of fives are cheap right now. Most people will want te/pots for their fives, but a good number will take max 4s, and goddesses in the mix.

Once you have some te, check the rcr profiles (rare card report at the bottom of the card buys). Some good deals can be found, as well as some auctions. Auctions can yield some cheap cards sometimes!

Don't be afraid to change your allies to get ones that are more aligned with your play time. Also, friendly, talkative ones go a long way.

Sinking money is usually for ranking in events. You can take a gamble and hope for a good draw. Step up packs are usually your best chance. Though unless you are willing to throw lots of cash or extremely lucky, avoid spending, especially now while still new.

ANd even as a low ranker, your rank number is something to be proud of. After all you are competing against people on your power level.

In the end just have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
junsuina

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 am

ZucchiniQueen wrote:
1. For a first 5* I recommend something like Kreuz/Zita/Diane/Soldado, useful and cheap. But, they also have a hard time being resold so if you buy one stick with it for a while, unless you have a better card. Constance is a bit pricy (both of them sadly).

I could sell you one for cheap if ya want :p. (Kreuz/Soldado/Zita)

2.Either one, but in events like these, buy pots/te and trade them for the other currency.

Ex: Buy x amount of pots in the middle of Neolith event and sell them for double that amount in TE.

Or, if you are ranking for an event and the box gives extra items and you need them, you could pull a box. I would only recommend pulling a box during an event you like ( has to give extra items with the box or it would just be a regular box)

3. There are tons! Check around the general chat, I think there is a thread for Asian players who want to ally up or just talk.

4. Idk how to answer Sad

Thanks for the reply. I so do want a Constance but I guess I'll settle for either a Kreuz/Soldado/Zita. I don't have the 'funds' as of now to buy but I do hope that when I finally do, I can look for you?

Somehow investing in Pots sound very lucrative. Maybe once I've made up my mind to buy I'll do just what you said.
Back to top Go down
junsuina

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:40 am

Beroxxus wrote:
Zita is a good choice b/c she is super cheap right now. In fact, lots of fives are cheap right now. Most people will want te/pots for their fives, but a good number will take max 4s, and goddesses in the mix.

Once you have some te, check the rcr profiles (rare card report at the bottom of the card buys). Some good deals can be found, as well as some auctions. Auctions can yield some cheap cards sometimes!

Don't be afraid to change your allies to get ones that are more aligned with your play time. Also, friendly, talkative ones go a long way.

Sinking money is usually for ranking in events. You can take a gamble and hope for a good draw. Step up packs are usually your best chance. Though unless you are willing to throw lots of cash or extremely lucky, avoid spending, especially now while still new.

ANd even as a low ranker, your rank number is something to be proud of. After all you are competing against people on your power level.

In the end just have fun!

It seems like Zita is a top contender for a first 5* star card.  RCR... that's another question I'd like to add to the list. How does it exactly operate?
Back to top Go down
Belhyde
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:17 am

RCR is basically the last three 5*-7* card that someone get from pack.
As bonus, those lucky player wall will get lots of messages until next lucky player pull 5*-7*.
You can find interesting ads in their wall or silly offer that you should laugh+ignore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
equals399
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:34 am

If you're looking for allies more aligned to your timezone, I'm an active Australian player +8gmt. I run multiple 6* leads and have been playing since December of last year (although only actively as of a few months ago). If you're intending to be somewhat active player, I'll be happy to free up an ally slot for you Smile

I'm also sitting on 2 Zitas that I'm too lazy to sell/trade off (was planning to feed them to leana), so if you're looking for a 5*, I wouldn't mind palming one off for you cheaply either.

Just find me on my wall if interested.

And I personally prefer to buy straight up TE as opposed to boxes, but that's just because I don't trust my luck lol. Packs are good for event items if you intend to complete competitively for rank rewards, although I feel this usually only applies if you want to rank 500 and above.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
junsuina

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 am

Belhyde wrote:
RCR is basically the last three 5*-7* card that someone get from pack.
As bonus, those lucky player wall will get lots of messages until next lucky player pull 5*-7*.
You can find interesting ads in their wall or silly offer that you should laugh+ignore.

Haha I get it now. Well looking through their wall seems so daunting with the barrage messages. I wouldn't know where to start to siphon off good trades. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:23 am

junsuina wrote:

1. I have some 4* cards and I'm working towards a 5* card now. What unit would you recommend? I do know that having a Knockback skill is good so I'm looking at a Diane, Zita or Constance.

in the next event if you have 8 hours a day to bang out quests you should get a 5* for free.

junsuina wrote:

• If I were to sink cash in this game, card packs/boxes or TEs?
  • i would recomend grabbing the 1$ starter series and spend the rest on TE. Really i recommend only buying packs if you really want the cards inside or if its for an event you really want to rank in and it will help. 60te can get your a 6* pretty easy
    junsuina wrote:
  • Umm.. Any players from Asia? Its kinda hard to play with my current pool of allies (we're all 4* leaders aspiring to climb the ranks) as I suspect that most of them are 12-16 hours behind my time. Essentially, when I sleep they play.
  • post here: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t472-looking-for-allies-thread

junsuina wrote:
  • Any other new players find the current and soon to end tower event futile yet we still carry on playing in the hope of getting a good rank and prize?

• in this event it would have helped a lot if you had a good idea on how it worked, and a few good 5/6* allies and some time. 100 floors in the light tower = recruitable 5*, 120 floor in the crimson tower was a 5 or 6*. both were doable in the coarse of the event if you have the time regardless of your team if you just fled all the monster swarms.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    junsuina

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:53 pm

equals399 wrote:
    If you're looking for allies more aligned to your timezone, I'm an active Australian player +8gmt. I run multiple 6* leads and have been playing since December of last year (although only actively as of a few months ago). If you're intending to be somewhat active player, I'll be happy to free up an ally slot for you Smile

I'm also sitting on 2 Zitas that I'm too lazy to sell/trade off (was planning to feed them to leana), so if you're looking for a 5*, I wouldn't mind palming one off for you cheaply either.

Just find me on my wall if interested.

And I personally prefer to buy straight up TE as opposed to boxes, but that's just because I don't trust my luck lol. Packs are good for event items if you intend to complete competitively for rank rewards, although I feel this usually only applies if you want to rank 500 and above.

Messaged you in game Smile. I've got no TEs yet to buy your Zita. Sad
    Back to top Go down
    junsuina

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
    in the next event if you have 8 hours a day to bang out quests you should get a 5* for free.

Really? Seeing as I've got on TEs yet I'll see if I can get a 5*. By the way, what type of event is Symphony. Both Event and Event[Public] has no details on it yet.
    Back to top Go down
    Ghost_Star
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:05 pm

junsuina wrote:
    Ghost_Star wrote:

Really? Seeing as I've got on TEs yet I'll see if I can get a 5*. By the way, what type of event is Symphony. Both Event and Event[Public] has no details on it yet.

translated link to event

panel event with 5* coming in at 700k bt on the jp server.

from the jp wiki: bonus in the event the unit seems to be 1.1 times ★ 4 is defeated P, 1.25 times ★ 5, to 1.5 times ★ 6.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:35 pm

junsuina wrote:
    Ghost_Star wrote:

I messaged you in game, reply on my wall.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    bluerexx
    ☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:39 am

If you are on Android OS, you can do those deals that gives you free MobaCoins.

I think I saved up about 200-300 of them? You can use those to buy TE, pots, or just try your luck with those boxes. At the time, I went for boxes (but looking back, should of spent them on TE) and got some reaaaaally bad 4*'s, but your luck might be better than mine.

Anyways, good luck

Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    MythSearcher
    ☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:15 pm

bluerexx wrote:

I think I saved up about 200-300 of them? You can use those to buy TE, pots, or just try your luck with those boxes. At the time, I went for boxes (but looking back, should of spent them on TE) and got some reaaaaally bad 4*'s, but your luck might be better than mine.

Anyways, good luck

It's hard for Android, really, they don't let people in Asia DL their games on Google Play, regional problem, it says its not available in your region.
    You need to somehow DL the apk, install it and do all the stuff to get the mobacoins, if they update during that time, you need to find a new apk and do it again, which is a lot more work.(This is what happened on Hellfire and that is why I gave up)
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    bluerexx
    ☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:12 am

MythSearcher wrote:
    bluerexx wrote:

Anyways, good luck

It's hard for Android, really, they don't let people in Asia DL their games on Google Play, regional problem, it says its not available in your region.
    You need to somehow DL the apk, install it and do all the stuff to get the mobacoins, if they update during that time, you need to find a new apk and do it again, which is a lot more work.(This is what happened on Hellfire and that is why I gave up)

Ah right, I forgot you are in a different region! That does make it more difficult and time consuming to get those MobaCoins.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    junsuina

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 pm

MythSearcher wrote:
    bluerexx wrote:

Anyways, good luck

I DL free games on my android through Google Play. At first didnt work but I got a message saying that they've noticed that I haven't been getting my free coins and they've credited it all back to me now.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions from a still being enlightened player.   Today at 11:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Questions from a still being enlightened player.
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1