HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
insatiableiam

PostSubject: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:06 am

It seems to reach anywhere within a competitive rank distance in events you either need to be banking quite a lot of money or accumulated a lot of TE/POT through persistent grinding/trading.

I am curious, what keeps you guys playing? This will be my first month playing so far, dropped only a 40$ and recieved my first 6 and got lucky with my free packs as a starter getting a 5.

I find the game a bit time consuming and the time consumption providing little reward at some point for players who aren't dropping big dollar signs. I do enjoy the art on the cards though, although..a little too much on the big booby females, but I guess that's anime style for you xD  Also I like the way it's set up, it could use a few more tweaks to make things less repetitive and more unique but I feel the company really really tries a little too hard to obtain currency from you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:30 am

the key in this game is trading and advertising
I'm a 99% free player, yet I own an army of good 5*s/6*s
I grind a lot, but I think I usually spend more time on RCR advertising my junk than actually playing
I managed to rank in some events where I got myself a nice 5* or even 6* as reward it's not extremely hard. Accumulated wealth in this game goes a very long way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insatiableiam

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:21 pm

How long have you been playing for gabe? it's probably all about making smart moves with what rewards you get from the events and how you adjust yourself to the economy. I suppose someone with a lot of time is able to do that but provided if they have that time, they may want to apply their skills to reality where they can make things well worth it. Something I learned after playing WoW for 8 years. The events seem to be hectic with time management though, my opinion of course. I find myself required to check every time points are recharged. When I am required to do things in entertainment value, it becomes meh over a period of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
equals399
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:50 pm

I keep playing because I still enjoy it. Much like any game that offers progression, it's only natural to keep playing in order to acquire better and better gear (or in this case, cards).
What makes fanta so profitable though is that unlike other progressive games, there is no real limit to what one can acquire. This is due to it's TCG nature. New reward cards and new card packs with each event. Always new milestones to reach. There is no endgame. As such, it won't grow stale, and it's additive in that aspect. And as long as paying gives you that extra edge, people will do it.

Whilst I do attempt to compete competitively, I do so within the top 1000 range. I'm by no means a top tier player. My luck at card pulls sucks. I'm terrible at trading. And I'm far from effluent. But competing for top 1000 is still enjoyable for me, as this is what I consider as my level.

I've also definitely spent more on this game as I have on many other games I've played in my lifetime. But for that reason, I have to commend creator of this game, for he's managed to make a tight arse fellow like myself into a paying player. And I'm sure he designed the game exactly for that reason; to be a time and cash sink.

So to answer your question in the title, I think grandpa simpson says it best:

"A bit from column A, a bit from Column B" Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wahuh
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:57 pm

100% Free player here and I keep playing cause I want to collect my favourite cards and trading is really fun. There's nothing more satisfying than haggling your way to a card for much less than market price. With events I don't try to rank but I always try to get all the 4* and 5* rewards so I can build up my collection. Also event units are easier to get by trading so I don't really need to rank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insatiableiam

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Do you find yourselves ever taking a break ? I am thinking of taking one after this event personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:14 am

I play because I've been addicted to this game since September of last year. It combines all the elements that I enjoyed as a kid growing up in the 80's(i'm 32) with traditional rpg grinding, pixel art and anime. It excels in areas that other games I played from that era lacked, such as chat feature and person vs person competition. Least interesting feature for me about this game is spending money. For me, there is no personal satisfaction from earning stuff for nothing(nothing=$$$).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:12 pm

joeladams20 wrote:
I play because I've been addicted to this game since September of last year.  It combines all the elements that I enjoyed as a kid growing up in the 80's(i'm 32) with traditional rpg grinding, pixel art and anime.  It excels in areas that other games I played from that era lacked, such as chat feature and person vs person competition.  Least interesting feature for me about this game is spending money.  For me, there is no personal satisfaction from earning stuff for nothing(nothing=$$$).

we're the same age, but i would say rather that fanta has a chat system but doesn't excel in that area lol

i do agree that the pay-to-win structure's point-of-entry is rather steep/oppressive.

my biggest pet peeve though is that we don't have any way to reorder our cards without sending them to other people to cancel. annoys the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masta518
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:58 pm

It has a lot of the elements of an addictive card game, especially with trading implemented (which a lot of mobile TCGs don't have). The only thing is that in order to do well, you only have a few options:

1] Be a big spender. I'm talking like hundreds if not thousands every few events.
2] Get very lucky. Self explanatory.
3] Be an established trader. That is, people who started Fanta in its infancy obtained much more resources when Mobage/Fanta were being nice (ie. TE). Having a bit of capital goes a long way, which is something that is difficult for new players in the modern Fanta economy.
4] Have no life - be someone who grinds like 12 hours a day or advertises for even more.

#4 appealed to me when I didn't have school >Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whitecrest9

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:58 pm

I enjoy playing this game because it creates a schism, a positive one (believe it or not), from my day-to-day. Of course everything is subjective and a matter of opinion, but personally i enjoy the unique trading, chatting, collecting, features of this game. Which to me is very unique for a mobile app to have all in one.

The community is amazing, at least to and for me, and everyone pools together to make it a better gaming experience. I agree that its a massive time & money sink, but its a choice Smile Everything is a choice, and i've seen a lot of successful free-players in the upper echelons of this game. It all boils down to what you make of it, and how you deal your cards. (no pun intended)

Kampaii Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts   Today at 10:21 am

Back to top Go down

Progressive TGC or gamblers paradise? provide your thoughts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1