HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Ishtar will be around for another rotation, Cthulhu is going away though. Only thing you miss out on if you don't get Ishtar like, today, is the summon tickets for the beat the boss event.

Current boss list is Manticore -> Bogle & Upuat -> Sudama & Succubus -> Death & Nyarlathotep -> Ishtar & Cthulhu
When the next season comes it will be Binbogami -> Bogle & Loa -> Sudama & Gamigin -> Death & Chi-You -> Ishtar & Mammon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh I see. Kind of wish we knew our chances in obtaining boss cards from bosses and all that. Everything right now in the game is based off of probability and RNG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Yeah it's pretty grindy. It's probably something like 1% or whatever but still would be nice to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackwing
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:53 pm

I have a two questions that maybe someone here can answer.

1. what does gaze do?
2. Do you have to fight bosses before the 100% end boss to get their card?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:24 pm

blackwing wrote:
I have a two questions that maybe someone here can answer.

1. what does gaze do?
2. Do you have to fight bosses before the 100% end boss to get their card?

1. Reaching 100% on the gaze gauge will guarantee a fight with a boss or a powerful mob.

2. Probably not although I've never gotten the boss card from this manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isylia
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 am

Fun so far thx for sharing lol xD now to see if i can collect refferals for that 5* :O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:37 am

I'm really loving the random humor they have in the game (like the Mini Album's "Complete Album" section where they have funny narratives between different cards.) However, my favorite has got to be the cards that have some really funny alternative version as Rare. Take for instance, Incubus:

Here's the rare version I encountered:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Haha, male cards are rare enough and they made 2 have a funny easter egg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isylia
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 pm

deedlit228 wrote:
I'm really loving the random humor they have in the game (like the Mini Album's "Complete Album" section where they have funny narratives between different cards.) However, my favorite has got to be the cards that have some really funny alternative version as Rare. Take for instance, Incubus:

Here's the rare version I encountered:
Spoiler:

lol that's hilarious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wwwCat

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm confused on how the evolution works since I evoled my 3* rare Loki n 3* rare empusa n both evoled 4* common Scylla is it random wat card they'll evole into
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm

wwwCat wrote:
I'm confused on how the evolution works since I evoled my 3* rare Loki n 3* rare empusa n both evoled 4* common Scylla is it random wat card they'll evole into

Yup it's random. It's not recommended to evolve something from a rare form to a common form of a higher tier since evolution points are so difficult to amass. You'll also gain too many 4* commons for you to use anyway and you'll probably find that most 3* rares will beat those commons out of the water if you roll good options on those cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wwwCat

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:33 pm

I wish I knew that earlier but oh well I atleast still hav my spring nekomata
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:21 am

Bumped into Mammon for boss fight, figured hey other 5* bosses weren't too tough so whatever. Noooope, 12k attack at Lv12? I got wrecked on the first turn. Also had like 42k HP, not even the actual card gets that high without options of some sort.

Also the update supposedly addressed the error you get if you find another core while yours is still up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GitD16
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:35 am

So...I started this game just a few days ago...and I found this guide:
http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-misc-reviews/1168-devil-maker-tokyo-guide
before I read this thread. How would you guys rate the tips there? It also outlines a method for getting the referral 5* using Kakaotalk, but it feels very cheat-ish (and possibly will bite me in the ass in the future). Any views?

What do I do with all the 1*/2*/crap cards? Change them for evo points?

My IGN is GitDS, btw, in case anyone's interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corroded
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 am

No Android? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 am

GitD16 wrote:
So...I started this game just a few days ago...and I found this guide:
http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-misc-reviews/1168-devil-maker-tokyo-guide
before I read this thread. How would you guys rate the tips there? It also outlines a method for getting the referral 5* using Kakaotalk, but it feels very cheat-ish (and possibly will bite me in the ass in the future). Any views?

What do I do with all the 1*/2*/crap cards? Change them for evo points?

My IGN is GitDS, btw, in case anyone's interested.

Some of the tips make me raise an eyebrow for example:

-Never explore the Level 30 Hidden or Daily Area you will get owned.
-Only nuke a Raid Boss once.

The level 30 area is extremely easy. I don't know why he's saying you'll get owned.

As for cores, I have an overabundance of friendship points. I don't use them for summoning cards since I really don't need feeders. I personally think you should attack cores so as long as you want to gain levels (especially if you finish the core off).

Personally, go with what lace, aubade, and what the tcg app forums have noted. The site you've listed is more applicable for the Korean version of the game although the screenshots do help in what he's talking about in his guide.

corroded wrote:
No Android? Sad

I'm playing mine on android phone with JellyBean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
noobcake

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:54 pm

this game is on android. i'm playing on Samsung S4.

i like this game very much! :3

if anyone is feeling generous with referrals, my ign is tehnoobcake.

oh and btw: Devilmakertokyoguide.blogspot.sg is a pretty good resource compared to Steparu because the guide is based on the english version and not the korean version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:57 pm

If anyone wants to add me my name is "MooBunny"

Level 32, still hunting for my first 5*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GitD16
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Oh, another thing. how would you guys rate the stats? For example, Steparu seems to place a high importance on DP. (Yes I know he's playing the Korean version, but his is the only one I read that mentions the stats at all). Anyway, at the moment I'm building my party based on the assumption that DP>AP>HP. (As in, 1 point in DP is better than 1 point in AP and so on)

And the auto party function shouldn't be trusted? It seemed to value star rating over rarity (common 4* > rare 3*) and dropped my party rating from B to C. I'm kinda still struggling with making a party based on stats, not even looking at the skills yet Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:46 pm

if anyone wants to add/refer me, my nick is evilevilevil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 pm

I got a few tips for people who are having trouble leveling their profile and trying to refill their LP. However be warned, it involves KSing off innocent players.

I reached level 30 in profile by about 2 days, and i started 2 days ago. I did this by adding random new players and by chance, have them run into cores. Whilst a core is at low level (say about level 15 = 180k ish hp?), it is much easier to kill and earns you GREAT exp. 25k exp for a core level 16, 10 k for a level 10.

Slightly evil, yes i know. But you have so much difficulty leveling up as you progress, and you cant face your ownevel core without having to fight it at least 4 or 5 times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:19 pm

Also another tip. If you have lots of spare silver and love playing with the fortune teller, make sure you leave plenty of room where your HP potions sit. Why? Because when you have 99/99 hp potions, it just refuses to let you pull fortunes anymore. Since HP Potions are one of the results of pulling Fortunes anyway, it just wont work until you have room in your hp potion slot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:49 am

Haha, man this game is a giant troll.

I got an Ishtar today with pretty bad options, but figured well she's stronger than Death with options so I will level her up anyway.

She straight up learned the same exact skill at Lv20 that she had at Lv3. Same. Exact. Skill. That is some hateful RNG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:33 pm

At least yours was just Ishtar. I manage to pull the Cherry Blossom Princess and she only had 2 options. One of the options was against underworld units while the other was reflect when 15% health. I hope I won't draw a bad form of her when I hit 80k of those Cherry Blossom petals.

@Git
I think he's right but I think it's only due to diminishing returns on higher amounts of points to a particular stat. Further, we don't even know how the arena works so I don't know how he can make those assumptions without providing proof or data (or even an explanation) to back up his claims.

The auto party fill is bad if you have a particular rare that has great options. You can still go for a 4* common team for that extra party bonus though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:36 pm

A good chunk of damage is removed with DP, but there's still some RNG to it. It's worth more (since it's relatively rare) for calculating your bonus rank so it can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Today at 7:10 am

Back to top Go down

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next