HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:14 am

I just pulled a 4* Rare then evolved it into a 5* Common. Normally that would be bad, except the 4* Rare's stat roll was worse than what the 5* Common's was, and the Options were all horrible Reaction ones for a card with no HP.

I don't know if I'll ever get to evolve it further though heh, but at least my team is slowly growing strong. My main goals for now are trying to get Death/Nyar. I don't think I can get the grind in to hit LV42 to attempt the 5* dungeon bosses before they rotate out.

I wonder if they'll stop being so friendly to free players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zzgalactic

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Whee pulled an uncommon mithra. Will stop trying my luck there.

They'll stop being nice when they need money to fund new updates haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:06 pm

zzgalactic wrote:
Whee pulled an uncommon mithra. Will stop trying my luck there.

They'll stop being nice when they need money to fund new updates haha.

Yay.I got a rare mithra XD. Mitrha buddies ftw. I restarted my account due to making newb mistakes on my old account. It's fun starting over so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masta518
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Wat do you guys mean they are kind to free players? So far, everything looks kinda normal to me except for the x2 coin event lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imunksky
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:45 pm

got my 5* on my first tickets and on my first day playing. LOL. still dont understand how to evolve and lvling my cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 am

@masta

As time goes on, they may remove/lessen things like daily bonuses and things like fever time if they chose to. Fantasica started off as something really awesome but then they resorted to personal items, and log-in bonuses are a lot crappier nowadays than before.

As a more moderate example, back in the earlier days of VC, they gave us free 100 jewels during one weekend and another 300 for every unexpected maintenance or lengthened maintenance. Haven't seen that nowadays though.  

@imunksky
Great, now you need 100k evolution points and 8 of the 5* ingredients if your card is uncommon. Best way to lvl things is using the exp cards on Sundays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imunksky
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 am

Blargod wrote:
@masta

As time goes on, they may remove/lessen things like daily bonuses and things like fever time if they chose to. Fantasica started off as something really awesome but then they resorted to personal items and log-in bonuses are a lot crappier nowadays than before.

As a more moderate example, back in the earlier days of VC, they gave us free 100 jewels during one weekend and another 300 for every unexpected maintenance or lengthened maintenance. Haven't seen that nowadays though.  

@imunksky
Great, now you need 100k evolution points and 8 of the 5* ingredients if your card is uncommon. Best way to lvl things is using the exp cards on Sundays.

i see. so only way to lvling is by using exp cards? btw, i try to refund evolution points using special points card, but it only give me a little points. is there another way to get more points?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:29 am

imunksky wrote:
Blargod wrote:
@masta

As time goes on, they may remove/lessen things like daily bonuses and things like fever time if they chose to. Fantasica started off as something really awesome but then they resorted to personal items and log-in bonuses are a lot crappier nowadays than before.

@imunksky

i see. so only way to lvling is by using exp cards? btw, i try to refund evolution points using special points card, but it only give me a little points. is there another way to get more points?

Well... I throw in the normal cards and extra Jack the Rippers if I have them. Unique cards seem to give a fair amount of points although much more little than their rare counterparts but you really don't have anything to lose.

Other than this and throwing normal 3* and 4*s that you don't need, me and lace agree that the evolution process is way too difficult and I don't think there's any shortcut around it other than getting lucky by obtaining a 5* special points card.

As for leveling cards, you could use normal cards but I just horde them until Sunday. Any excess = throw them in for evolution points. I'm just trying to be cost effective but if you need to increase your power levels early you should. Other than this, always try to do the expanding darkness dungeons and always engage with cores if you've discovered them since it will always give a 3* exp card.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:54 am

Getting to 20 isn't too much of a drain on resources so if you can do that for your good cards, go for it.

Every card rank and rarity has a certain amount of points they give. 3* and 4* are the best ones to throw away if you have your team already covered or don't want to album all the common/uncommon/rare arts of a card.

At this point in time two of the best cards are 5* Uniques that are accessible to free players (Gaia for 50 referrals and PD Chi-Toes for 30 Facebook Spams), the rest is either if you want to test your luck with 4~5* Rares or go for the seasonal bosses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:21 am

Beginner's Guide To Devil Maker: (Compiled from information from Lace and others in the community)

Immediate Warnings:

Don't try to evolve a card to 40 unless it's sunday. Try to space out the levels of your team so you have a full level 20 team before you start evolving cards to 40. If you have a good card/card you want on your team, then feel free to evolve to 20 on a day that isn't sunday. The benefits of having a lvl 20 card outweigh the potential savings of EXP.

Don't use your recontract tickets unless you have a rare 5* or you have a strong card and your inventory is about to fill up with them. Even then I would strongly urge you to just save your tickets.

Don't transfer skill. Your skills change when you evolve your card. So save your very rare transfer potions.

What are your objectives?

*The two strongest cards obtainable for a new person are Chi Toes (FB Spam) and Gaia (referrals). If possible I would make these two cards long term goals.

*Push through the map to get to the lvl 42 area that has the 5* bosses that you can fight and eventually get card drops from.

Understanding Game Power Levels

*Power levels in this game are very counter-intuitive. Keep in mind these are general guidelines. Each card in the game has their own stats/skills. So you can have a god tier Jack the Ripper, or a garbage Jack the Ripper. At this juncture I am not great at evaluating stats so I am not going to comment on this, but in the future I will be able to elaborate further.

I will state them and explain Unique 5*>Rare 5*>Unique 4*>Rare 4*>Common/Uncommon 5* (I think uncommon may be stronger than Rare 4* but it depends)>Uncommon/Common 4*.

Unique 5* are the strongest cards in the game. You get them from ranking in events, boss drops, and other game related drops.

Rare 5* can either be pulled from packs/tickets, or evolved by using 150K evo points and 16 rare ingredients from the Daily Themepark. I don't think it is worth it to work to evolve a common 5* to rare 5* right of the bat. What I mean by this is that you should save up evo points, but you should not go to Daily Themepark. Any light that you waste in daily theme park you could be spending pushing forward in the map to get to the 5* Unique bosses.

What I would do if I had a common 5* is save up evo points until I got close to 150k and then start farming the themepark. Then you can evolve the 5* in one shot, so you get an immediate boost in power level.

Unique 4* are the same as Unique 5*, you can get them from tapping cores (jack the ripper), or from beating bosses on the map.

Rare 4* are often stronger if you keep them unevolved, rather than evolving them into common 5*.

*Instead of selling cards (as stated earlier), I would melt cards into evo points for future goals in the game. To access this go to upgrade>evolve>acquire points. Evolution points are the driving monetary part of the game. Many people buy packs just to melt down cards to acquire evolution points from them.

*Spam arena button at level 10 even though you will lose, for the benefits you get from participating.

*With your new cards level up your strongest to 20 and save exp cards for sunday to level them to 40.

*(My personal opinion) Don't mess with Daily Theme Park early on. Your focus should be moving through the areas to get to the lvl 42 area where you can farm 5* Unique bosses.

*I haven't seen this stated anywhere else, but I use the once a day free entry of the abyss area to get free exp/silver (for those times where I am close to leveling up but I can't quite get there). Unless you have a full lvl 40 5* unique team I don't think it's worth it to pay the silver to push on.

Please tell me if I should add or change anything. I just woke up so I probably put something silly in there XD. I will edit the first post and put it there if I get a general consensus of it being helpful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:37 pm

The XP gain from areas isn't that massive that you lose out on a ton of XP by doing a Daily Park // Expansion of Darkness once instead of whatever the latest area is. You can also entirely skip content if you level enough. A vast majority of your leveling will come from finding old books or fighting bosses along the way and at the end.

In my opinion:

Daily Park -> Do highest one only once if the item is something you want (XP, Materials). There's no point in lower ones for lower mats because the evolution system is not nice.
Expanded Darkness -> Do highest one only once if you have the Light to spare for the XP cards you can gather from it.

You are allowed 10 free Light every day from the store (it's the very last option to buy at the bottom) so make use of it.

People say hoard your FP but I'm kind of indifferent on it. You are allowed to send a heart to 30 people (a day I think?) which in return will give you 600FP right off the bat, any FP people send you in return is bonus.

If you stumble upon a core while exploring, fight it always. It will refund all of your Light spent and you get a free XP card for finding it.

Do not bother with Hell much. It is intended to be an endgame dungeon for when you have hit insanely high levels (50~60+) and have maxed out rares or uniques. It takes a little under 300 Light to reach and fight the final boss of Hell, and he has 200,000HP base. These bosses will always be there regardless of the current boss rotation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:10 am

*Disclaimer: I haven't maxed out a 5* yet so if there is a higher skill rank please correct me.

I don't think this anyone has talked about activated skills yet so I'll state what I know form what I've seen so far.

There seems to be four tiers of skills, which you can take note from the outline around skill icon:

1. Brown (1* and 2* starting skill)
2. Blue (3* and above starting skill)
3. Bronze/Gold (Unlocked when a card reaches level 20 and level 40)
4. Violet/Purple (Unlocked when a unique card/skill card reaches level 40)

The higher the rank the greater overall effect of the skills regardless of the prefix of that skill. Since you can keep using the skill transfer until the skill is transferred to another unit, you could give a certain unit the highest tiered skill (purple) on all 3 skill slots. This assumes that you gain these through a 5* skill card or you level unwanted 4* unique cards and then use the skill transfer option.

*edit

Skill accidents sometimes occur. Somehow manage to turn a targeted blue rank skill and the use of a gold rank skill into a purple one.

Last edited by Blargod on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:51 pm

There are also certain Unique (the purple) skills you can only obtain by doing a skill transfer without a potion.

I read somewhere that the Special Skill Cards have their own set of Rare/Unique skills that they earn separate from the rest of the cards in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 pm

lace wrote:
There are also certain Unique (the purple) skills you can only obtain by doing a skill transfer without a potion.

I read somewhere that the Special Skill Cards have their own set of Rare/Unique skills that they earn separate from the rest of the cards in the game.

Ah that makes sense since the special skill cards start off with blue outlined skill icons. Never found much use for those skill cards, honestly. I was expecting that the 4* skill card would have 2 skills unlocked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Clarification: I temporarily put lacechan for ref codes since I already had 50. Lacechan isn't my account. I should have clarified better. My 2 accounts are lexysaurus and lexykin. Sorry for any confusion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:55 am

You know... I wish I can use those 3* skill cards for something. They're just piling up in the inventory. Anyone else having the same issue?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Blargod wrote:
You know... I wish I can use those 3* skill cards for something. They're just piling up in the inventory. Anyone else having the same issue?

Relatively sure the skills they have are bad. I think I recycle for evo points. I'd confirm with lace first tho xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:24 pm

aubade888 wrote:
Blargod wrote:

Relatively sure the skills they have are bad. I think I recycle for evo points. I'd confirm with lace first tho xD

I would trade them for evo points if I could but seems like the these grindable cards (with the exception of the special points card) can't be traded for evo points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 pm

All the skill cards have a low chance to get a unique (purple) skill at Lv40. Other than that you can turn them into wannabe Slimes by pumping them full of XP.

They are roughly the equivalent of all the XP cards you threw into them, with like a loss of one or two.

It takes like, eight of the 3* exp cards to max out a 3* skill card, and if you don't get a unique skill out of it, you can use it as it is the equivalent of seven 3* exp cards. The 4* takes 24 of the 3* and is worth 22, the 5* takes 34 and is worth 32.

All info from tcgapp from people doing tests on their 5* uniques for condensing card supplies and all that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 pm

lace wrote:

If you stumble upon a core while exploring, fight it always. It will refund all of your Light spent and you get a free XP card for finding it.

If I may add an addendum: Don't do it if you found one earlier that hasn't expired/been defeated yet. The first one I fought and lost, but then I found a second one while the first one was still not done. When I went to fight the second one, it gave me an error message (along the lines of "Server data missing") and booted me back to the main screen. When I checked, there was only one core battle that I found earlier, no second exp card, AND it took all the light I used without me clearing the stage. :\

Only started a couple of days ago, so it's still a bit confusing learning about the evolutions and stuff, but I do like how friendly it is for free players right now. We'll just have to see how long that lasts...

If anyone wants to add me (or use me for referral Wink), it's deedlit228.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:32 pm

@lace

Thanks for the info. Gonna fatten them up, I suppose; however, these still outnumber my exp cards.

@deedlit

Most confusing game I've seen so far in ranks/card rarity, I'm afraid. Based on the info found from TCGapp on the Korean side, it seems that the game is all about RNG and luck. For example, they're planning to put something to reset the options of a card although it costs a few recontract tickets.

It's a nice casual game that keeps my brain from melting from Fantasica and the only real technical problems I have with it is that my game crashes whenever a card uses the [crude] limit breaker skill.

Other than this, I hope that the game develops further in depth and player involvement. Everything just feels so... tap and go at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:36 am

A new event popped up out of nowhere. Two difficulties, one has 3* boss the other has 4* boss, both have interesting skills (the 4* boss buffs entire party's AP by 20% after her skill goes off).

Also collecting petals, getting 80,000 petals will get you the event 5* Unique, and every 80,000 after that will get you more copies. Other rewards at certain point requirements like summon / recon tickets, revive pots, heal pots, etc.

Too bad I kind of want to try to get the 5* bosses from the dungeons before I even bother with that event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masta518
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:44 am

Just gave this event a bit of a try doing area: beginner. Drop rates are kind of low, doubt I'll hit the 5* :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Well, luckily you can pull her from petal summons itself :V

It's kind of rare but you can. Useful if you just want the card. I dunno if they all are the same or what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:44 pm

I think I'm gonna try for her even if I forgo Ishtar. The prizes in between aren't too bad and completing the event dungeon has given me 3 special point cards now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Today at 1:01 am

Back to top Go down

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next