HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:34 pm

masta518 wrote:
I'll use your invite code aubade, but I probably won't stick with the game unless it's generous like VC Smile

Haha, thanks! <3

You should stick it out for the premium tickets you get early on and see if you get anything cool. Make sure you pull them during fevertime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:26 pm

aubade888 wrote:
Blargod wrote:
In your honest aubade, is this better than VC or does one do better than the other at some aspects?

Hmm. That's really tricky to answer. Valk is more team oriented and I feel like their enhancing system is more straight forward.

However sometimes I struggle with being motivated to play due to how repetitive it gets sometimes.

Devilmaker is very similar to ayakashi in that its story focused but it does have some team aspects.

I find them both complimentary in terms of cool downs. I feel I am able to play both and have a better experience by including both.

With fanta I am way less active due to the short cooldowns and difficult requirements to get cards. I feel like with devil and valk they are good for casual play. I just joined devil and I'm already in top 300-400 in ranking.

Cooldowns for arena in devil are 15 min and their vitality points replenish like valk's.

So yeah I plan to dump fanta and play both XD

That sounds nice. I had a pretty terrible experience with Ayakashi since it follows the formula like RoB where stagnation of one's level benefits the player (great story though).

Yeah, VC needs a bit more types of events. I'll try this out when I get the time. Don't think I can commit myself to 3 games though.

Last edited by Blargod on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Blargod wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
Blargod wrote:
In your honest aubade, is this better than VC or does one do better than the other at some aspects?

Hmm. That's really tricky to answer. Valk is more team oriented and I feel like their enhancing system is more straight forward.

However sometimes I struggle with being motivated to play due to how repetitive it gets sometimes.

Devilmaker is very similar to ayakashi in that its story focused but it does have some team aspects.

I find them both complimentary in terms of cool downs. I feel I am able to play both and have a better experience by including both.

With fanta I am way less active due to the short cooldowns and difficult requirements to get cards. I feel like with devil and valk they are good for casual play. I just joined devil and I'm already in top 300-400 in ranking.

Cooldowns for arena in devil are 15 min and their vitality points replenish like valk's.

That sounds nice. I had a pretty terrible experience with Ayakashi since it follows the formula like RoB where stagnation of one's level benefits the player (great story  though).

Yeah, VC needs a bit more types of events. I'll try this out when I get the time. Don't I can commit myself to 3 games though.

Yeah, I am having fun right now just playing the market and seeing what games are available. XD It's fun to try new games and see how they change parts of the design to try new things, and keep some things the same. I feel like I've tried enough games to know what experience I want, which is good XD.

I am always happy to see new card games come out since for awhile it seemed like the choices were limited. I kind of wished I joined fanta earlier when it was released since the first few months it was out sounded like they were the most fun.

Devil Maker is really really new (like 2 weeks old), so I find it attractive to play since it has unlimited potential and an energized user base.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:31 pm

aubade888 wrote:
Blargod wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
Blargod wrote:

That sounds nice. I had a pretty terrible experience with Ayakashi since it follows the formula like RoB where stagnation of one's level benefits the player (great story  though).

Yeah, VC needs a bit more types of events. I'll try this out when I get the time. Don't I can commit myself to 3 games though.

Yeah, I am having fun right now just playing the market and seeing what games are available. XD It's fun to try new games and see how they change parts of the design to try new things, and keep some things the same. I feel like I've tried enough games to know what experience I want, which is good XD.

I am always happy to see new card games come out since for awhile it seemed like the choices were limited. I kind of wished I joined fanta earlier when it was released since the first few months it was out sounded like they were the most fun.

Devil Maker is really really new (like 2 weeks old), so I find it attractive to play since it has unlimited potential and an energized user base.

Yeah, first few months in Fantasica were extremely fun. No one knew what to expect and I remember the first event was Mina's trials. Back then, you could reach Inferno with just 4*s and 1-2 5*s. Didn't take long for many of us to realize that the game has become progressively worse in trying to get into your pockets.

It's really sad when many of us back then thought the game would improve (ex. they would fix the 40 char chat) and not get worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:38 pm

I like how no two cards are the same. Although it can kind of be a bad thing in a way since the dice can roll against you and give you a card with horrible skills / passives.

That's probably some top-tier PVP stuff though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masta518
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Um can anyone help me out? I just started the game and don't know what to do... so far I've been farming through the lvl. 1 area and leveling up, but I don't know what I should aim for or what events to do. I've also been attacking cores, but I don't know how to level up my cards or check my light points... I pulled a 4* common from the fever thing, which I think is equivalent to Fanta's 4*s?

:S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:23 am

From what I can tell, rarity seems to indicate if a certain card has option skills (passive skills). Not sure what parameters the number of *s indicate but rarity seems to be a really big deal. You get skills like reflect, ignore dp and all that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:53 am

The number of * is kind of confusing since some 3* are significantly better than some 4*, depending on rarity. Eventually though you hit a limit on how high their stats grow based on their *.

I also noticed that it seems the bosses rotate out every two seasons. Some of them don't appear to come back, so there might be some sense of limited availability there. Since bosses are decent enough because they are Unique and don't cost money (or ticket grinding) to obtain, might be something to aim for. The 4* bosses seem to lurk in the later section of Hell or in the Lv30+ areas.

Bosses set to rotate out after this season ends: 1* Manticore, 2* Upauat, 3* Succubus, 4* Nyarlathotep, 5* Cthulhu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:08 pm

masta518 wrote:
Um can anyone help me out?  I just started the game and don't know what to do... so far I've been farming through the lvl. 1 area and leveling up, but I don't know what I should aim for or what events to do.  I've also been attacking cores, but I don't know how to level up my cards or check my light points... I pulled a 4* common from the fever thing, which I think is equivalent to Fanta's 4*s?  

:S

Hey! Sorry for the delay.

Okies, 4* in this game are actually a lot better than fanta 4*. In terms of stats they can carry you pretty far. You're doing really well to have a 4* already, it will give you a significant boost to your power.

I would check the daily theme park and see if they have items relevant to what you need, IE exp cards, potions, silver etc. If so I would spend points in daily themepark. If they have ingredients for evolution, I would skip that day until you have cleared more of the story area and are a higher level.

As you level up and are able to move onto new areas, check the prizes in the area and clear based on that. I would say starting out the 2 most important items to clear for are revive potions, and premium tickets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:04 pm

I got a 2* unique.. Can't seem to evolve it though. This game's use of *s, rarity and letter grade are really confusing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Blargod wrote:
I got a 2* unique.. Can't seem to evolve it though. This game's use of *s, rarity and letter grade are really confusing.

Sure is.

Uniques cannot evolve, they are... well. Unique. They are special cards that sacrifice the ability to evolve for having access to exclusive Unique-tier Options and being somewhat free to obtain.

From what I gathered by browsing tcgapp: Evolving only works from Commmon -> Uncommon -> Rare -> Common of the next rank. The levels gained will wipe from Rare -> Common as you are acquiring a new card. Going from Common to Uncommon grants you 1~3 Options and going from Uncommon to Rare resets those and gives you from 3~4 Options. Skills apparently reset on evolution too. This kind of makes evolving not worth it unless you have 5* since you can slowly work for the 6*.

It seems that upgrading from 5* to 6* gains you a 6* version of that 5*. Dionysus will turn into Maddened (?) Dionysus. New art and all that jazz. This isn't implemented yet though.

It's best to think of the boss cards as equal or greater Rare cards, since they have access to options you can't get otherwise. The only downside is Uniques roll anywhere from 2~4 Options while Uncommons get 1~3 and Rares get 3~4. Commons have none so they aren't too desired unless they let you meet a bonus (like Rank 4 Full Party -> 1k damage to all enemies at battle start)

EDIT: Whoops kind of forgot to mention what Options were. They are either active, passive, or reactive bonuses that increase the ability of your card. An example of a passive one is HP+30%. An active one would be 10% chance to proc that will allow you to ignore the enemy's DP. Reactive one would be "When hit, reflect 20% from Skill Damage back to attacker"

The passive ones seem to be the best, since they flat out increase your stats and are always working (HP, DP, AP, Crit Chance, Crit Damage).

Actives are kind of situational since sometimes they have proc chances and probably won't go off when you want them to. These types of Options relate to the skill damage or the opponent's DP or attribute.

The reactive ones probably aren't worth it since it requires the card to get hit first in order to do what it has to do. Later on cards have like 50,000DP though so maybe that -% DP whenever you get hit Option would come in handy if your card is tanky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 pm

OMGOMGOMG I just started looking at the korean site for the 6*s and they're so pretty @__@

The 6* are not in the game yet, but they will be implemented soon. My avy is the 6* version of the 5* I have.

You can look for yourself by going to: http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=195

and editing the number at the end to 195, 196, 197 etc

A few of my favorites:
http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=262

http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=263

http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=215

http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=224

http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=200

http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=196

http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=209

Last edited by aubade888 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Alternatively you can just view the entire list here: http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/#level=40
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:37 pm

lace wrote:
Alternatively you can just view the entire list here: http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/#level=40

Or that XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:42 pm

So.... basically we have a that card can only jump by 1 rarity and the summon sometimes gives it's fully evolved form? If we would transfer option skills, it's make things more straightforward. Otherwise, as lace said, it's kind of unworth it to evolve something with higher number of *s just to lose all of those option skills.

Most confusing online ccg ever.

Last edited by Blargod on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 am

Yep...

A 4* Uncommon should be better than a 3* Rare, but a 3* Rare usually will always be better than a 4* Common. Just about the only exception to this seems to be the 6* cards, where their raw stats are just that much higher in Common compared to the 5* Rares even with their Option bonuses.

For the most part though you can use whatever rarity tickles your fancy for now. It's not until you get higher up + mess with trying to arena rank where it starts becoming a big deal. It's also mostly to prevent you from making bad decisions starting out where you throw all these resources into evolving a 3* only to get a 4* that sucks.

Supposedly for the grading, S is the hardest grade to get. Kind of like pulling a 6 or 7* in Fanta hard. Most people are satisfied with A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:36 am

Bleh... Wonder why they did it that way with the option skills... Grading can be increased up to S through reconstruction?

Also, seems that some cards start off as uncommon or something. I just got a card that won't evolve past uncommon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 pm

So after playing the game for 3 days I have a few impressions and criticisms about certain aspects of the game:

Pros

1. It's well polished - The best of this online ccg of its kind. Beats anything like RoB, AGG, etc. It makes you forget at times that it's part of this genre.

2. Good story - Thank the gods that they have someone that grammar checks and writes decent English. Further, hackneyed ideas about a male protagonist with some unusable/useless helper/coach (e.g. Mina, Oracle, that ghost from AGG, etc.) is changed a bit since the Yuki Onna actually helps you. Further, she isn't a Mary Sue. Characters have flaws and seem to develop over time.

3.  They're quite generous with what they're giving to free players so far.

4. Level stagnation isn't an issue since anything you do in this game almost always grants exp and I think the arena system isn't based off of player level. Further, there's a healthy or even need to raise one's level for to use higher ranked cards with higher deploy costs.

5. Randomness - very rarely will any 2 cards be the same.

Criticisms:

1. Automated - The game is so well polished that at times I wish I can ask my units to target certain targets or use certain skills. It's extremely misleading to have skills that target certain races but you can't fully make use of it. Everything seems automated except with you tapping the progress button (albeit it makes it seem like 3 paths). In the end, the formula for other CCG out there isn't changed all too much and the game is soley based on party formation and proc chance.

2. Confusing mechanics on evolution and card types - Yup we all know this. The tutorial doesn't help much either.

3. Item capacity - I noticed that having a full item capacity prevents you from using the shrine. Too bad there's too much health potions and you can't sell them. I don't use these too often either since party heals when progressing isn't too rare.

4. Evolution - It seems a bit too difficult just to evolve something to a higher rarity. I'm not even talking about 4* commons to uncommons. Something like a 3* uncommon to a 3* rare needs a good amount of evolution points and 6 of the 3* evolution cards associated with its race type. These can be gotten from the daily theme park on certain days; however, it would take at least 2 of the same daily theme parks to obtain 6 of those evolution cards. I don't know how long is a full cycle to return to a certain daily theme park type you would want, but I'm sure that you'll obtain stronger cards by then.

5. Randomness - While randomness maybe considered a boon it's somewhat a double-edged sword when used too much, in my opinion. Aside from skill transfer, almost anything that you do in this game is based off of random chance. From option skills to actual skills to the letter grade of rank, everything seems to us RNG.

Last edited by Blargod on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Theme Parks are on a weekly cycle.

Su -> Otherworldly Material
M -> Silver Cards
Tu -> Celestial Material
W -> Skill Cards
Th -> Underworld Material
F -> Silver & Skill Cards
Sa -> All of the Above

Also yeah Evolving is crazy expensive.

It takes 100,000 Points + 8x 5* Materials to go from 5* UC to 5* R, but it only takes 2000 Points (and no materials) to go from 5* R to 6* C. Maybe that's their plan to make money, make the evolution system kind of time consuming (since you get 1000 Pt per 3* C you destroy) so that you want to pull the high rank rares or farm boss cards instead of work your way up.

It's one of the systems of the game that I'm not too fond of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Blargod wrote:
So after playing the game for 3 days I have a few impressions and criticisms about certain aspects of the game:

Pros

1. It's well polished - The best of this online ccg of its kind. Beats anything like RoB, AGG, etc. It makes you forget at times that it's part of this genre.

2. Good story - Thank the gods that they have someone that grammar checks and writes decent English. Further, hackneyed ideas about a male protagonist with some unusable/useless helper/coach (e.g. Mina, Oracle, that ghost from AGG, etc.) is changed a bit since the Yuki Onna actually helps you. Further, she isn't a Mary Sue. Characters have flaws and seem to develop over time.

3.  They're quite generous with what they're giving to free players so far.

Criticisms:

1. Automated - The game is so well polished that at times I wish I can ask my units to target certain targets or use certain skills. It's extremely misleading to have skills that target certain races but you can't fully make use of it. Everything seems automated except with you tapping the progress button (albeit it makes it seem like 3 paths). In the end, the formula for other CCG out there isn't changed all too much and the game is soley based on party formation and proc chance.

2. Confusing mechanics on evolution and card types - Yup we all know this. The tutorial doesn't help much either.

3. Item capacity - I noticed that having a full item capacity prevents you from using the shrine. Too bad there's too much health potions and you can't sell them. I don't use these too often either since party heals when progressing isn't too rare.

4. Evolution - It seems a bit too difficult just to evolve something to a higher rarity. I'm not even talking about 4* commons to uncommons. Something like a 3* uncommon to a 3* rare needs a good amount of evolution points and 6 of the 3* evolution cards associated with its race type. These can be gotten from the daily theme park on certain days; however, it would take at least 2 of the same daily theme parks to obtain 6 of those evolution cards. I don't know how long is a full cycle to return to a certain daily theme park type you would want, but I'm sure that you'll obtain stronger cards by then.

That's a very well thought out and constructive post. You've always been able to write really well about games. I was impressed with your initial Valkyrie Crusade post as well.

On the Cons list, just a few helpful things:

2. If you go to the FAQ they have a guide that tells you a bit more about cards/evolution/what you should be doing. Granted it's really dumb of them to kind of hide it, but I found it helpful when trying to wrap my head around things.

3. Later in the game you use health potions more. I'm lvl 37 and exploration areas start to get really challenging. Like if I don't pay attention and heal my party I could be left with 1 card and 2 allies to fight a boss XD. I used to have like 30 health potions filling up my inventory, but now in mid game I have started to use them, so I only have about 60 on me at the moment.

4. I don't really have much experience with evolving at the moment since I got 5* really early so my focus has been farming 5* ingredients to get stronger for PVP. However, I think there are several ways to play this game. I am taking the PVP nut route, but you can legitimately make 4* stronger and beat bosses in campaigns and farm rare cards and work your way up. As far as what Lace has told me for campaigning there isn't a huge power difference between 4* and 5*. So yeah ask Lace, he's smart XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masta518
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:46 pm

The problem I'm having with this game is that I can't gauge me sense of progress.  I realize that this is because both the game and myself are new, but compared to stuff like VC it's difficult to discern what to do.  For example, in VC it's easy to understand which cards are good and how strong your team is by the skills and stats, so you can find out how you're progressing.  In DM:T, it's difficult to juggle the rarities, stars, and grades in addition to determining which cards are actually good enough (and it doesn't help that all of the card art is so good I kind of want to use the weaker ones xD).  There doesn't seem to be events yet either, so it all feels unfocused.  Personally, I don't really care much for the story either, as I find that it's largely irrelevant to TCGs.

So yeah, I'll stick with it for another week or so and see if I won't get bored of it (why can't we manually target?) and maybe drop $10 or something as good faith for the devs xDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:49 pm

@lace and aubade

Thanks for the tips and feedback.

I dunno, it just seems to me that getting summon premium tickets is best route for obtaining rare cards. Granted, I haven't seen anything past 4* uncommon. Evolution seems so pointless for me that I'm thinking of using the 5* evolution materials for their skills.

@masta

I think they wanted to make things complex and roundabout in terms of progress in order to keep players interested (less rigid). I think it's good for the long term but it still needs some serious tweaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zzgalactic

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah it'd be nice if there was a little more strategy involved in the game. And options for female players. Razz

I have some rare 3 stars but they all look bad to my 4*, common or not. I think I'm just going to turtle towards evolving all my 4* to 5* since I haven't gotten a 5* yet. I appreciate that in this game, you can upgrade to better cards. I don't really like the stress of finding people to trade with to get TE for a 6*.

my ID is mayamei, if anyone wants to add me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 pm

it took me four recontract tickets to get my Jack from C to A. I don't think I'm gonna use anymore for a long time. Going from C to A was a grand total of like +200AP. It might only be worth it if you want to get a full party bonus of the same grade.

Rarity is better since the difference there is at least 1000~2000 difference in AP and HP minimum as you jump from C -> UC or UC -> R
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:22 pm

lace wrote:
it took me four recontract tickets to get my Jack from C to A. I don't think I'm gonna use anymore for a long time. Going from C to A was a grand total of like +200AP. It might only be worth it if you want to get a full party bonus of the same grade.

Rarity is better since the difference there is at least 1000~2000 difference in AP and HP minimum as you jump from C -> UC or UC -> R

Hah, I was dumb enough to try to get Jack to S. spent 6 = all failed. Never trying for S ever again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Today at 9:23 am

Back to top Go down

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next