HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Aniwo wrote:
I get soooo few  recontract tickets and most of them fail or dont' get further than B. Any tips on this?? All I've tried on B ranks have failed, even last one on a Jack the Ripper D failed miserably.
You can think of recontract tix as a lower version of recontracting from gold itself. Similar to comparing a premium pack with a premium tix in fanta. Your chances at increasing stats are much lower then compared to using gold. So don't try to waste all tix on 1 unit, because most of the time it will fail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:32 am

6* will just be the next evo stage for rare 5* (no unique ones).

All the info comes in their facebook page.

Oh and thanks for the advice TypeAlpha, I guessed something like that. But some allies have been superlucky then xD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:06 am

Bear in mind that there will be 6* unique cards in the future. I don't know if the level cap will increase to accomodate the cost for them but an all unique 6* deck should have the most stats since their options and stats have a higher maximum than their rare counterparts.

Probably focus on a 5* rare that you want to turn into turn into a 6* for a particular leader bonus. (e.g. Equipping Rhea the Earth Mother card as a leader will increase her crit chance by 50% http://dm.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/card/detail.php?code=205)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Alright so I just joined this game today after glancing through this thread. Are there guides online that help explain the mechanics in detail/ can help a beginner out? It's definitely all kinda overwhelming right now, and I'm like totally lost hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Probably the wiki page: http://devilmaker.wikia.com/wiki/Main

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 am

Alright so I read more thoroughly through this thread, and got a minimal understanding on some of the mechanics.  Having played a bit, just got a couple of questions: 

1. For leveling up your cards, I understand that Sundays are pretty much the only time you should do so, with the whole boost thing. What cards are you supposed to feed your higher cards with? Is it similar to how we do the feeders in Fanta? I guess my question is what is the best way to optimize leveling up cards?

2. So if you push through higher level areas, you'll encounter a higher rate of 4* bosses? And that these 4* bosses will "drop" rarer cards? I don't quite get on how you can obtain rarer cards aside from summons and evolution. 

3. Are story and exploration completely separated? Like should I be focusing solely on exploration right now?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but I these were the ones I could think up right off the bat. Thanks y'all, and I hope I can really get into this game ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GitD16
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 am

Hyouzanryu wrote:
Alright so I read more thoroughly through this thread, and got a minimal understanding on some of the mechanics.  Having played a bit, just got a couple of questions: 

1. For leveling up your cards, I understand that Sundays are pretty much the only time you should do so, with the whole boost thing. What cards are you supposed to feed your higher cards with? Is it similar to how we do the feeders in Fanta? I guess my question is what is the best way to optimize leveling up cards?

2. So if you push through higher level areas, you'll encounter a higher rate of 4* bosses? And that these 4* bosses will "drop" rarer cards? I don't quite get on how you can obtain rarer cards aside from summons and evolution. 

3. Are story and exploration completely separated? Like should I be focusing solely on exploration right now?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but I these were the ones I could think up right off the bat. Thanks y'all, and I hope I can really get into this game ^^
1. I don't know what's the optimal way to do this, but I only save my special exp cards for Sunday, and use every other junk card for evolution points. When I feel that I have a nice amount of points, I feed my 1*/2*/non-Unique 3* cards to whichever card I want to level whenever my card slots fill up.

2. When you beat a boss, there's a chance its card will drop. Boss cards have a rarity of Unique, which may or may not be better than Rare cards..

3. Yea they're separated. Story doesn't cost light, so go through it whenever you have the time, it's like free rewards.

My question is, are the Unique 3*s and 4*s worth keeping? I mean, like for the unique skill at level 40...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:09 pm

GitD16 wrote:
Hyouzanryu wrote:

1. I don't know what's the optimal way to do this, but I only save my special exp cards for Sunday, and use every other junk card for evolution points. When I feel that I have a nice amount of points, I feed my 1*/2*/non-Unique 3* cards to whichever card I want to level whenever my card slots fill up.

2. When you beat a boss, there's a chance its card will drop. Boss cards have a rarity of Unique, which may or may not be better than Rare cards..

3. Yea they're separated. Story doesn't cost light, so go through it whenever you have the time, it's like free rewards.

My question is, are the Unique 3*s and 4*s worth keeping? I mean, like for the unique skill at level 40...
1. I agree with this method. No one really knows how to fully optimize exp cards and using higher level feeders also become much more expensive as well in addition to the fact that 1-2*s are best use for evo points.

Some unique cards are worth keeping. The 3* prize for participation in the arena seems to have a purple skill at level 40 so far. This is also the same for the cherry blossom petal units. As far as I can tell, the bosses that rotate on the explorable areas (e.g. Mammon, Ishtar, Nyarlathotep) do not have purple skills.

I just wish that evolving a unit didn't have a chance in messing up its skills. That would give me an incentive to actually level and transfer skills asap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:37 am

GitD16 wrote:
Hyouzanryu wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, feeders (fanta style) doesn't make much of a difference.

As for your question, only some are worth keeping. Right now, the only 4* unique you'll want to be keeping is likely Jack the Ripper. Her Unique skill at 40 (200%ap, reduce 30% ap) is quite useful for a little sacrifice. IF you can manage to farm hell bosses (baphomet has a REALLY great unique skill), then by all means do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maggot
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 am

Type, may i ask what baphos unique skill is? ._. Im already farming Hell bosses (Or atleast trying to, havent dropped a single Shiva/Cthugha yet) so im pretty curious~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Hey guys! So I'm pretty hooked on this game now (Lv24 woot), but I got a couple more questions:

1. Can you only add DP to cards via recontract? It's a little depressing to have all cards with 0 DP. I'm assuming then that cards with DP are the unique cards or 5* cards?

2. I got a 4* rare (not unique) recently who I actually really like. Is it worth trying to evolve her to 5*? I heard two things: that 4* rare are often better than 5* common, and that when you evolve a 4* rare to a 5* common, it's gonna be some random card. Can anyone confirm this?

3. Is there anymore detail about the different types of cards (ex. celestial) somewhere? I'm just wondering if it's a rock-paper-scissors type of thing where one type is strong against one and weak against another?

4. Rates for getting the boss card seem to be extremely low. Is that just how it is? Faced all these bosses in my grinding and what-not, and only managed to snag a Bogle XD

By the way, if anyone wants to friend me, that'd be super awesome (my ID is same name here at Fanta). I got a solid 4* team going now (just got Jack!), although still waiting for Sunday to level them all up Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GitD16
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:07 am

Hyouzanryu wrote:
Hey guys! So I'm pretty hooked on this game now (Lv24 woot), but I got a couple more questions:

1. Can you only add DP to cards via recontract? It's a little depressing to have all cards with 0 DP. I'm assuming then that cards with DP are the unique cards or 5* cards?

2. I got a 4* rare (not unique) recently who I actually really like. Is it worth trying to evolve her to 5*? I heard two things: that 4* rare are often better than 5* common, and that when you evolve a 4* rare to a 5* common, it's gonna be some random card. Can anyone confirm this?

3. Is there anymore detail about the different types of cards (ex. celestial) somewhere? I'm just wondering if it's a rock-paper-scissors type of thing where one type is strong against one and weak against another?

4. Rates for getting the boss card seem to be extremely low. Is that just how it is? Faced all these bosses in my grinding and what-not, and only managed to snag a Bogle XD

By the way, if anyone wants to friend me, that'd be super awesome (my ID is same name here at Fanta). I got a solid 4* team going now (just got Jack!), although still waiting for Sunday to level them all up Wink
1. I've never have a card with 0DP get any DP through recontract, though I have some 4* cards that started out with some DP...not sure whether some cards just naturally have DP or it's all RNG..

2. I think that if you're using it, then don't evolve it for now till you have enough evolution material cards to get it all the way to 5* rare, or at least uncommon, not too sure how 4* rares compare to 5* uncommons.

3. From what I've read, Celestial cards tend to have higher HP, Underworld cards have higher AP, and Otherworldly is somewhere in between. I didn't bother to verify this though...but I think that's all the difference there is between the types.
Edit: Underworld -> Otherworldly -> Celestial -> Underworld in the Chaos Sphere. See big update guide. Got myself thrashed in the Underworld dungeon, with 3 Celestial (5*), 2 Otherworldly(1 4*, 1 5*), and 1 Underworld (5*), SS party rank Neutral So probably not that important till you have some nice units..

4. That's just the way it is. I just spent 1 week hunting the 3* uniques and only got 2 of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Well the new dungeon is kind of BS. I was able to complete up until the advance of each attribute at the cost of using a lot of revive potions and normal potions but people honestly don't have that many cards to create a full team to handle each area properly. Makes the crystal of the abyss look like a cake walk.

Also, I would have thought that they would at least make evolution a bit easier for this promo period. I still need to wait until Tuesday for the 5* celestial ingredients before I can evolve my uncommon into rare and rare into the 6*. If the level resets from the jump from 5* to 6*, I'd have to wait a bit longer for Sunday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lace
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 pm

I couldn't even get past the beginning, hah.

Also one of my allies must be made of money or something, they straight up made a 6* of every 5* obtainable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masta518
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:37 pm

6* takes forever to level and only have 2 guaranteed options (I expected better). I'd advise against turning your 5*Rs into 6*Cs if you don't have the means to evolve/level them up further.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 pm

masta518 wrote:
6* takes forever to level and only have 2 guaranteed options (I expected better). I'd advise against turning your 5*Rs into 6*Cs if you don't have the means to evolve/level them up further.
Well... damn... They actually reset in levels from the 5* to the 6*? Also, don't the 6*'s have a leader bonus as well? I guess if I have extremely crap options from the 5* rare I might do it if the leader bonus is implemented.

100k evo points and 10 6* ingredients isn't funny at all (common to uncommon)...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:32 am

Blargod wrote:
masta518 wrote:
6* takes forever to level and only have 2 guaranteed options (I expected better).  I'd advise against turning your 5*Rs into 6*Cs if you don't have the means to evolve/level them up further.
Well... damn... They actually reset in levels from the 5* to the 6*? Also, don't the 6*'s have a leader bonus as well? I guess if I have extremely crap options from the 5* rare I might do it if the leader bonus is implemented.

100k evo points and 10 6* ingredients isn't funny at all (common to uncommon)...
Yep, in facebook it was announced a week ago or so that they get her levels reset to 1.

But anyways they also said they wouldn't be pullable, and yesterday I saw someone pulling one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maggot
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:03 am

^The "Obtained *high rank card*" notice also shows when someone simply evolves their card, so its probably that you're pointing at, or? Shocked 

Someone already managed to evolve a Tiamat 6* to rare, by the way... *^*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:57 am

Guess I should wait another week before I decide to evolve it then. No point in evolving just for it to be back to level 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Blargod wrote:
Well the new dungeon is kind of BS. I was able to complete up until the advance of each attribute at the cost of using a lot of revive potions and normal potions but people honestly don't have that many cards to create a full team to handle each area properly. Makes the crystal of the abyss look like a cake walk.
I don't think many people understand that Chaos Sphere is an End Game Dungeon (much like Hell bosses right now). It is MEANT for people with a high ranking deck to battle. Heck, even from being 15k points away from X rank deck, i still get owned in the intermediate dungeons, let alone advanced.

It just annoys me when people say "This dungeon is so bs!! I keep getting owned!!"
Well get stronger! It's simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Maggot wrote:
Type, may i ask what baphos unique skill is? ._. Im already farming Hell bosses (Or atleast trying to, havent dropped a single Shiva/Cthugha yet) so im pretty curious~
[Arcane] Sword Dance: AP 40% to all enemies + additional damage same as enemies full dp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:48 pm

TypeAlpha wrote:
Blargod wrote:
I don't think many people understand that Chaos Sphere is an End Game Dungeon (much like Hell bosses right now). It is MEANT for people with a high ranking deck to battle. Heck, even from being 15k points away from X rank deck, i still get owned in the intermediate dungeons, let alone advanced.

It just annoys me when people say "This dungeon is so bs!! I keep getting owned!!"
Well get stronger! It's simple.
Believe me I finished it up to advance celestial (my earlier post was a mistake I meant int. of each attribute). When I made that post, I was assuming that it was an event dungeon with a limited time period although reading other posts made me think otherwise.

If only getting stronger were that simple. I am maximizing my chances but almost everything to gain from this game is RNG unless you spend and there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't go expecting a lot of players not to complain about it considering how new the game is and what most people currently have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Blargod wrote:

If only getting stronger were that simple. I am maximizing my chances but almost everything to gain from this game is RNG unless you spend and there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't go expecting a lot of players not to complain about it considering how new the game is and what most people currently have.
Simply farm and farm and farm. Most of the people on the DMT wiki chat do they, so as I. Earning tonnes of EXP cards from hell is also one of the easy ways. Farm for cards with good options, or perhaps hunt down some hell bosses, seeing as they have fixed options which make them on par with 5* rare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 am

TypeAlpha wrote:
Blargod wrote:

Simply farm and farm and farm. Most of the people on the DMT wiki chat do they, so as I. Earning tonnes of EXP cards from hell is also one of the easy ways. Farm for cards with good options, or perhaps hunt down some hell bosses, seeing as they have fixed options which make them on par with 5* rare.
I've already been doing these, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 am

Blargod wrote:
TypeAlpha wrote:
Blargod wrote:

Simply farm and farm and farm. Most of the people on the DMT wiki chat do they, so as I.  Earning tonnes of EXP cards from hell is also one of the easy ways. Farm for cards with good options, or perhaps hunt down some hell bosses, seeing as they have fixed options which make them on par with 5* rare.
I've already been doing these, thanks.
That's great then. keep going =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS    Today at 9:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next