HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Funyuns

PostSubject: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 am

This raffle is canceled. I was trying to do the impossible and it didn't work as you can see below. All entry fees are returned to their respective owners.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by Funyuns on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:54 am

I'm not sure where to post this raffle to so I just posted it on Game Discussion... Should I move?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 am

How many spots are you placing? You say there are "infinite" spots to buy into, then you mention "when all spots fill up". I doubt anyone can fill "infinite spots".

So.... lets say 50 People buy 1 spot each. Are you going to generate a random number between 1-50? or still 1-100? in which case you have a 50% chance of walking away with 50TE for free. 1-1000? you're basically gonna walk away free.

if I'm the only person who buys a spot, do I get a Dolce for 1TE guaranteed?

Is the number generator raffle draw going to be video recorded to avoid scamming?

People don't generally like raffles due to it being so easily manipulated and scammed, so I wouldn't be surprised if no one buys in. Or... way less than you're hoping for.

On a random note: my brother did a FREE raffle on youtube to some of his subscribers. He shipped out a brand new car part. Only 20 people submitted into his FREE raffle. So he basically drew names out of a hat (it was actually on the computer), but the point is, ONE of those submissions is GUARANTEED to win the raffle. <--- This method is MUCH more fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:32 am

I'd take a free spot Smile I miss my Dolce, traded her twice Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:38 am

PuYang wrote:
How many spots are you placing? You say there are "infinite" spots to buy into, then you mention "when all spots fill up". I doubt anyone can fill "infinite spots".

So.... lets say 50 People buy 1 spot each. Are you going to generate a random number between 1-50? or still 1-100? in which case you have a 50% chance of walking away with 50TE for free.  1-1000? you're basically gonna walk away free.

if I'm the only person who buys a spot, do I get a Dolce for 1TE guaranteed?

Is the number generator raffle draw going to be video recorded to avoid scamming?

People don't generally like raffles due to it being so easily manipulated and scammed, so I wouldn't be surprised if no one buys in. Or... way less than you're hoping for.

On a random note: my brother did a FREE raffle on youtube to some of his subscribers. He shipped out a brand new car part. Only 20 people submitted into his FREE raffle. So he basically drew names out of a hat (it was actually on the computer), but the point is, ONE of those submissions is GUARANTEED to win the raffle. <--- This method is MUCH more fair.

Oh, you made good points. I wasn't 100% sure about the spots but I'll probably make infinite spots available then if 50 people buy 1 spot each I will pick a number between 1-50. I will probably record me picking a number and upload it on youtube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:46 am

nightmarejin wrote:
I'd take a free spot :)I miss my Dolce, traded her twice Sad 
No free spots!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Troxx
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 am

bump
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Got 2 people participating in the raffle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:43 pm

I think y'all know my opinion on "raffles" and it's not good...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:49 pm

sGabe4 wrote:

i doubt all 100 spots will be filled
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:33 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
What's wrong with raffles?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
broom

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Funyuns wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:
What's wrong with raffles?

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t5812-nature-of-raffles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm pretty sure I can make a more popular raffle event with 1000 Luna as the entry fee.

With Luna or 1* feeders, there's no risk to the applicants' in-game wallets and we can go ballistic on it as much as we want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
caravaggi0

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Funyuns wrote:

4. If there are less than 100 spots taken, I will return the te or pot to the owners.

The raffle doesn't happen with less than 100 tickets? So you're basically selling Dolce for 100TE min buy and no max?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Wow, I literally don't get people`s bitching about this raffle. If you don't like it you can gtfo. I imagined fantasica community would have a minute amount of decency but I guess I was wrong. I only made the requirements so there wouldnt be just one person getting all the prize and also I can continue to have raffles later on. I`m not even super rich to give away 6*cards for free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:01 am

Oh, I don't mind getting the **** out. I just don't want to listen to some new players crying over getting scammed or having unfair odds placed upon them.

Also, not sure if you have noticed but a raffle is very easy to scam a lot of players under false identities.

Let's say this goes on ahead and you manage to obtain 100 participants for your raffle and you use a random number generator. What guarantees do the participants have if you took a few goes at the generator before you score the number you desire? And what happens if the desired number drawn turns out to belong to a second account of yours that was entered mid-way, denying anybody's chances of even getting the 6*?

I don't mean to shoot you down like this, especially if it turns out you are a nice person, but the Fanta community is very touchy when it comes down to getting scammed by untrustworthy people and it's not a good feeling for many. You may think 1 TE is nothing but to those who only have 1, it's actually quite a lot to them. Some people do take this game seriously when they shouldn't, but we have to respect their playing styles and let them be.

If you want to reassure people that they don't feel cheated, you could try giving out a free 4* to every participant who didn't win, to make sure their entry fees didn't go to waste. Otherwise, adding more prizes to, let's say the top 5, helps give people the idea that they have a better chance at trying to win.

Allowing a refund if you don't meet the 100 requirement is good and I'm glad that plan is there. And of course, there's nothing wrong with a participant ignoring the warnings and taking a stab at the chances because, in the end, they are the ones making that decision themselves and are probably well aware of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:05 am

most people despise raffles because there is no way to prove that it is fair and not rigged in any way. you could have a friend or have a fake account (we can't tell if the people on the list are actual fanta players or not) be the "winner" and walk away without losing anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:25 am

I don't even know what to say anymore. Saying something like this to a person who hasn't done anything wrong? What is wrong with you people? Have you guys never met an honest person before? Though I'm not boasting that I am honest but I'm just trying to do something fun but you guys are just ruining it with some bs skepticism and insecurity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 am

Funyuns wrote:
I don't even know what to say anymore. Saying something like this to a person who hasn't done anything wrong? What is wrong with you people? Have you guys never met an honest person before? Though I'm not boasting that I am honest but I'm just trying to do something fun but you guys are just ruining it with some bs skepticism and insecurity.

You haven't even proven that you, yourself are honest.Especially when it comes to online websites, we do not know the other person's identity and personality, its better that we just take precautions ourselves so that we won't regret it. Don't just say that you are honest, DO IT!

Actions are better than words!

(Albumers should know what am I talking about Razz)

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:00 am

the fact that this guy "raised his voice" and told us to "gtfo" speaks for itself...
I've seen this exact thing happen here before, the girl who was holding the raffle turned out to give the prizes to her friends in-game and a lot of noobs got ripped off (1TE is a lot to a lot of players)

Last edited by sGabe4 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:09 am

sGabe4 wrote:
the fact that this guy "raised his voice" and told us to "gtfo" speaks for itself...
I've seen this exact thing happen here before, the girl who was holding the raffle turned out to give the prizes to her friends in-game and a lot of noobs got ripped off (1TE is a lot to a lot of players)

lock and perma-ban please

see funny thing is, I havent done ANYTHING wrong but everyone is making me someone who I am not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:10 am

KuroStar wrote:
Funyuns wrote:

You haven't even proven that you, yourself are honest.Especially when it comes to online websites, we do not know the other person's identity and personality, its better that we just take precautions ourselves so that we won't regret it.  Don't just say that you are honest, DO IT!

Actions are better than words!

(Albumers should know what am I talking about Razz)

How can I prove that I am honest? tell me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:19 am

Funyuns wrote:

How can I prove that I am honest? tell me

First: Dont be a D-Bag. You've already got a little hole here to dig yourself out of.

Edit to explain here:
Funyuns wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Have you guys never met an honest person before?
Funyuns wrote:
you guys are just ruining it with some bs skepticism and insecurity.

Comming off as defensive... and calling us out when you obviously have no idea why people are rightfully skeptical... I would do your research, be humble, and again, dont be a d-bag.

In the past, most raffles = scams. So doesnt really matter who you are or what you say, chances are if your running a raffle, your trying to scam. just numbers, no need to get butt hurt. Arguing and calling other people names is not the way to go, because really were here to play a game not just instantly like you because you come here wanting to run a scam.

Make a name for yourself that does not revolve around one of the lamest scams out there. Doesn't matter who you are but if you just appear out of no where and ask for everyone's te/pots... As mentioned here before we've had a thing with raffles and usually someones panties get all bunched up, not your fault but dont expect people to forget just because you say your a new face.

If you really want the raffle to on... then let one of the mods or a well established member of the community run it and dont participate it it yourself. Give them the prize, let that person collect the entry fees, help them manage the thread, let them roll or to the thing or whatever to decide who wins and then have them distribute the prize and let them give you all the entry fees after the drawing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Your idea has holes.  You can't fix them by putting up more walls(ie being defensive).  Cry me a river.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Funyuns wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:

lock and perma-ban please

see funny thing is, I havent done ANYTHING wrong but everyone is making me someone who I am not.

super defensive+cursing=very suspicious
I rest my case.

I would never participate in any raffles in Fanta and I strongly advise anyone and everyone to do as I do. However I don't control anyone, so do as you wish. Have a nice day everyone! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.   Today at 9:17 am

Back to top Go down

Raffle Canceled due to Oppressive Consensus.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next