HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Expensive Cards Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Akatsuki101586



Join date : 2013-05-24
Posts : 47

PostSubject: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Sooo....


I might get banned for going on a rant (I checked the forum and there wasn't really anything stated in terms of ranting on a forum), but I'm gonna go on one anyway because I feel like something needs to be said lol.

I see all these expensive cards, the event 5*s along with 6*s. Now, nothing against selling high, but when you explicitly refuse hundreds of offers and keep stating things like, "500 TE Pure offer only" or you keep going on other people's walls spamming for PC of a card you already know the PC to, just so you can rub it on everyone else's wall, and then you keep posting that your card is for sale, WTF?! What is wrong with you?! Seriously?!

Do you really expect people to fork over a month's worth of rent or 6 months worth of car insurance just for 1 freakin card?! And to the people who do actually pay that, what are you thinking?! Go get a life! Lavish someone  dear to you with it. Take a trip with some friends or someone close to you!

Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's because I'm a free player, but I think the prices on some of these cards are outrageously crazy. Sorry for the rant, but I think I'm just tired of seeing people posting offers saying they have something for sale, yet deny every offer given because the buyer's not cutting off their right arm to trade. And then, the seller's still posting up the ridiculous sale with ridiculous prices all over again.

And if you're thinking to yourself, "It's bc you don't have any good cards or 6*s, that's the only reason why you're ranting" well *insert explicit things that would get me banned* bc I got an Ombre, Abel, and Morticia.

Good day to all of you who read this lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Nah, you won't get into trouble for ranting your frustrations out. As long as there isn't a never-ending argument where two sides cannot agree with each other, then the topic will just get locked down by the mods.


Back to your topic, unfortunately humans are consumed by greed, so one would think about themselves more over everything else. If you were placed in their shoes, you would know that you would do the same thing, if you got your hands on a limited card.

For example, let's say you were lucky enough to work your butt off and obtained a 7* card that is limited to 10 copies throughout the server. Your first train of thought would be how much you can trade this card off for and start investigating its price. Your second thought would definitely be to not trade it for a common 6* or 5* that has 100,000 copies within the server, because your common sense says you would be losing out on high profits completely.

People need to understand that if you devalue a particular card or two, that you're also devaluing its resell value afterwards. Most of us won't be lucky enough to act like those gaming stores who buy your second-hand games and resell them at double the price they bought it for, unless of course you had great negotiation skills or the ability to convince a large community of its 'true' value (or the value you wish for it to be).

Mostly, the price of a card is left to the owner themselves and it is their choice as to what price they want to sell/trade it for. The buyers can only negotiate for either a fair trade, or lie to them and lowball to make profits for their own.

This is the community that most of us will be dealing with from now on and, for me, I don't see it changing for the better. After all, we're only human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-13
Posts : 934

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:39 pm

don't buy the card if you can't afford it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-06
Posts : 1057

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 pm

it's ok to rant.. you won't get banned with just some rants Very Happy

I'm also a free player btw.. and apparently this guy

Spoiler:
 

has 2 of my lovely 6* rank card target...

too bad he can't be easily deceived Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Menik



Join date : 2013-04-13
Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:01 pm

No man I hear you. 1te = approx 1$. I've seen stuff out there nearing 1k te and I can't help but feel that it's ridiculous. 100 te is something feasible or capable of achieving but nearly 1k te? Wouldn't that be hard even for a paying player? I can't imagine anyone willingly paying 800 bucks for a card. No offense to the paying players--you guys drive the fanta economy lol--but some of these prices just blow my mind! I understand the incredible gap between a 5* & 6* prices but it goes too far, and a lot of people follow by example with PCing. With PCing I look for card stats, rarity(le or drawable), and demand. I was laughing about this with an ally but sometimes I see more Isis and Aksana leads out there than I see 1* cards in free pack. XD Nothing wrong with that it's just funny to me. Anyhow I agree, at least to some extent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-06
Posts : 1057

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Menik wrote:
No man I hear you. 1te = approx 1$. I've seen stuff out there nearing 1k te and I can't help but feel that it's ridiculous.  100 te is something feasible or capable of achieving but nearly 1k te? Wouldn't that be hard even for a paying player? I can't imagine anyone willingly paying 800 bucks for a card. No offense to the paying players--you guys drive the fanta economy lol--but some of these prices just blow my mind! I understand the incredible gap between a 5* & 6* prices but it goes too far, and a lot of people follow by example with PCing. With PCing I look for card stats, rarity(le or drawable), and demand. I was laughing about this with an ally but sometimes I see more Isis and Aksana leads out there than I see 1* cards in free pack. XD Nothing wrong with that it's just funny to me. Anyhow I agree, at least to some extent.

if you know the amount of money spent during V-diana event by certain people, you will be amazed.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Esofonic wrote:
it's ok to rant.. you won't get banned with just some rants Very Happy

I'm also a free player btw.. and apparently this guy

Spoiler:
 

has 2 of my lovely 6* rank card target...

too bad he can't be easily deceived Laughing

You trying to scam Mikasa? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 pm

I used to collect yugioh cards and this game is just about right. Cards can be really expensive while others are cheap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackwing
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-04
Posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Esofonic wrote:
it's ok to rant.. you won't get banned with just some rants Very Happy

I'm also a free player btw.. and apparently this guy

Spoiler:
 

has 2 of my lovely 6* rank card target...

too bad he can't be easily deceived Laughing

I am almost positive that is actually a She
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Esofonic wrote:
it's ok to rant.. you won't get banned with just some rants Very Happy

I'm also a free player btw.. and apparently this guy

Spoiler:
 

has 2 of my lovely 6* rank card target...

too bad he can't be easily deceived Laughing
He's one of the ancient players lmao! Don't underestimate their experience

_________________





What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-06
Posts : 1057

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:48 pm

blackwing wrote:
Esofonic wrote:
it's ok to rant.. you won't get banned with just some rants Very Happy

I'm also a free player btw.. and apparently this guy

Spoiler:
 

has 2 of my lovely 6* rank card target...

too bad he can't be easily deceived Laughing

I am almost positive that is actually a She

not the avatar.. the player lolololol.. Laughing

a remnant of ancient civilization...

called memphistopia..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tentacle Love
☆☆


Join date : 2013-05-01
Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:49 pm

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=City%20of%20Brass&sn=Arabian%20Nights
Got me one of these in black border, Japanese. Technically Chronicles, but I've had similar offers to this in the past. And the price for this one might spike soon if it's reprinted in a core set like some suspect.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Library%20of%20Alexandria&partner=MAGCINFO
A strong, valuable card, but not the worst offender.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Black%20Lotus&sn=Unlimited%20Edition
^- and that's the cheap one. The price on the alpha/beta ones is "N/A" because you don't buy them online except through ebay or something similar.


Last edited by Tentacle Love on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:50 pm

Mikasa isn't nicknamed 'Memphi' from what I remembered. >:]

Also, I'M NOT THAT OLD.....!!!!!







AM I?!?! ;A;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-06
Posts : 1057

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:55 pm

memphiskite wrote:
Mikasa isn't nicknamed 'Memphi' from what I remembered. >:]

Also, I'M NOT THAT OLD.....!!!!!







AM I?!?! ;A;

I will call you 15y old boy if you gimme one of your 6* rank card..

and I really need to stop myself from randomly divert the topic..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:02 pm

No! Ethel and Ellen are mine! :T
I spent $2k+ each on them, and me won't give them away!


If we plan on sticking on topic, here's another situation you can think.

Supposedly you decide to trade away Georgios for a good number of other 6*s for versatility.
You don't want to accept a devalued offer and find out the buyer who has your Georgios trying to sell him for higher the price he bought it for.

Practically, many traders do such a thing, which may explain why people price their cards so highly, knowing that other people will lowball them with mediocre deals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Pandalicious



Join date : 2012-10-26
Posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 pm

It's a simple fact that most people can't afford rank rewards, get over it. It's always known that rank rewards sell slow and caters to the rich, since it's the rich who wins them in the first place. I do agree that PC is annoying as hell. Some of them are just people checking how to undercut you or if they can lowball you. In any case no one is going to lower their rank reward so you can afford it, it will do so as the market commands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tentacle Love
☆☆


Join date : 2013-05-01
Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Ahh, I forgot to mention that that eighty dollar city of brass, you need 4 of to have a playset.

Razz

That's the thing about collectable card games. the collecting part murders your wallet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Menik



Join date : 2013-04-13
Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:20 pm

memphiskite wrote:
Practically, many traders do such a thing, which may explain why people price their cards so highly, knowing that other people will lowball them with mediocre deals.

That doesn't make them much better than the lowballers XD
I just saw a player get laughed at because they wanted to trade epic for isa. Now according to people on this player's wall epic is 300-400 te and isa is twice as much or more. XD Player's wall is full of lols. Im somewhere between noob and vet and I could've easily made the same mistake. I guess that fact pushes me closer to noob. I can undertand physical cards being highly priced but say fanta decides their service is over and shuts down. Who's reimbursing these isa owners who payed the equivalent of 1000$+ for her? Of course I dont me to offend and I apologize if I do. Fanta's economic structure needs serious revising... And a market place ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sg_bot



Join date : 2013-05-23
Posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Esofonic wrote:
Menik wrote:
No man I hear you. 1te = approx 1$. I've seen stuff out there nearing 1k te and I can't help but feel that it's ridiculous.  100 te is something feasible or capable of achieving but nearly 1k te? Wouldn't that be hard even for a paying player? I can't imagine anyone willingly paying 800 bucks for a card. No offense to the paying players--you guys drive the fanta economy lol--but some of these prices just blow my mind! I understand the incredible gap between a 5* & 6* prices but it goes too far, and a lot of people follow by example with PCing. With PCing I look for card stats, rarity(le or drawable), and demand. I was laughing about this with an ally but sometimes I see more Isis and Aksana leads out there than I see 1* cards in free pack. XD Nothing wrong with that it's just funny to me. Anyhow I agree, at least to some extent.

if you know the amount of money spent during V-diana event by certain people, you will be amazed.. Laughing


I'm wasn't playing Fanta back then and I'm really curious what those figures were. Do enlighten me how much have they spent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-06
Posts : 1057

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Menik wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
Practically, many traders do such a thing, which may explain why people price their cards so highly, knowing that other people will lowball them with mediocre deals.

That doesn't make them much better than the lowballers XD
I just saw a player get laughed at because they wanted to trade epic for isa. Now according to people on this player's wall epic is 300-400 te and isa is twice as much or more. XD Player's wall is full of lols. Im somewhere between noob and vet and I could've easily made the same mistake. I guess that fact pushes me closer to noob. I can undertand physical cards being highly priced but say fanta decides their service is over and shuts down. Who's reimbursing these isa owners who payed the equivalent of 1000$+ for her? Of course I dont me to offend and I apologize if I do. Fanta's economic structure needs serious revising... And a market place ^^

imo, it's very beneficial to have trader ally who regularly doing some random wall jumps or posting ads in RCR..

you need to have at least one or two traders as ally for your own benefit (most of my ally is a trader XD).
active traders might have different idea of each unit value, but they have vast knowledge of most state-in-the-art in game unit price..

be careful not to trust price check from one person only unless he/she has good trading history or you simply trust him/her in the first place..

sg_bot wrote:

I'm wasn't playing Fanta back then and I'm really curious what those figures were. Do enlighten me how much have they spent.

some said to spent more than 3k+ for her (yes USD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadCocoa



Join date : 2013-02-21
Posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:59 am

I have two accounts.
One which I do spend money on.
One which I haven't spent a cent, not even on the offers to earn mobacoins.

Both accounts own valuable cards and event cards alike.
The account with cash gets them a lot faster.
The account without cash involves a lot more uptrading and a lot more time invested into getting them.
Sounds to me like some people are just too impatient to uptrade to good valuable units.

My uncashed account currently is looking towards buying Fenrir soon, then Diana comes next lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Menik



Join date : 2013-04-13
Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 am

The 5* market I can wrap my head around. Even with the more expensive ones. If you look at the market these days people are asking for pure when it comes to 6*s. There isn't much uptrading going on... When it comes to 6* units the market changes drastically as opposed to 5*s. Even if you do uptrade you're looking to match a 3 or 4 digit number in value.

Fantasica doesn't give you the time to be that patient really. Events come and go like a merry-go-round. As an uptrader you can't help but fall way behind, grinding 4*s for a 5*, and 5*s for a 6*. Unit prices fluctuate, now more than usual and again the range in 6* value is remarkably high and wide.

Auctions truly are a God-sent miracle sometimes lol. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MadCocoa



Join date : 2013-02-21
Posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:21 am

I disagree just a little the time part.
It's not necessary to participate 100% in every event.
I pick events in advance that I am interested in working on and work on trading during the in between.

Sure you CAN participate in every event 100% but some prefer to just get realistic rewards while still maintaining their trading quota.

Auctions and firesales do help tremendously sometimes and wouldn't be where I am currently without them xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alanwar



Join date : 2013-05-06
Posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:29 am

Esofonic wrote:
Menik wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
Practically, many traders do such a thing, which may explain why people price their cards so highly, knowing that other people will lowball them with mediocre deals.

That doesn't make them much better than the lowballers XD
I just saw a player get laughed at because they wanted to trade epic for isa. Now according to people on this player's wall epic is 300-400 te and isa is twice as much or more. XD Player's wall is full of lols. Im somewhere between noob and vet and I could've easily made the same mistake. I guess that fact pushes me closer to noob. I can undertand physical cards being highly priced but say fanta decides their service is over and shuts down. Who's reimbursing these isa owners who payed the equivalent of 1000$+ for her? Of course I dont me to offend and I apologize if I do. Fanta's economic structure needs serious revising... And a market place ^^

imo, it's very beneficial to have trader ally who regularly doing some random wall jumps or posting ads in RCR..

you need to have at least one or two traders as ally for your own benefit (most of my ally is a trader XD).
active traders might have different idea of each unit value, but they have vast knowledge of most state-in-the-art in game unit price..

be careful not to trust price check from one person only unless he/she has good trading history or you simply trust him/her in the first place..

sg_bot wrote:

I'm wasn't playing Fanta back then and I'm really curious what those figures were. Do enlighten me how much have they spent.

some said to spent more than 3k+ for her (yes USD)
People (not the veteran ones) nowadays always do pc from http://www.fantasicatrading-unofficial.com/ and sell at that price.
I'm maybe a newbie compare to ppl out there but I do realize the price is not really exactly. For example, in that site, Adamas valued about 1900 - 2200, but in fact, ppl trying to sell them at about 1k3 - 1k5 (i did see that).
And in fact, Alsiel is worth more than Harthi due to the rarity. (not like the site says)

And I wonder a site run by a guy can keep the objectivity itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meximan1390
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-13
Posts : 714

PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:23 am

alanwar wrote:
Spoiler:
 
People (not the veteran ones) nowadays always do pc from http://www.fantasicatrading-unofficial.com/ and sell at that price.
I'm maybe a newbie compare to ppl out there but I do realize the price is not really exactly. For example, in that site, Adamas valued about 1900 - 2200, but in fact, ppl trying to sell them at about 1k3 - 1k5 (i did see that).
And in fact, Alsiel is worth more than Harthi due to the rarity. (not like the site says)

And I wonder a site run by a guy can keep the objectivity itself.

Yea websites like that and even the spreadsheet found on this forum tend to do more harm than good unfortunately, especially since I know the people working on them must be trying very hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Expensive Cards Rant   Today at 7:18 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Expensive Cards Rant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Expensive Cards Rant
» Card Of The Week #9
» My new Class Cards.
» Rhino cards?
» My first cards

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: