HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Morticia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Féelhia



Join date : 2013-04-27
Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
there are gonna be around 1000-12000

12 000 !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:42 pm

lol sorry obvious typo xD
I meant 1200

corrected Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:48 pm

MythSearcher wrote:
Féelhia wrote:
Hi !

Do you guys think someone would agree to trade Isis for Morticia (maybe +add), since they're pretty much the same ?
I don't really like Morticia's art, but Isis is cute >.>

I have isis, and the main reason I won't trade is because of DC 15 is better for my arena team.
But another reason is that I'll very likely have 2 Mort, so I don't need a third.

Having 2500 Mort after this event means very hard to sell for a while, at least until a dozen of events later, so you have a new players coming in that have advanced far enough that they can afford cheap 6*s.
It also means that most people with Isis will likely also have their own Mort for a really long time.

I look at the event also. Maiden events are BORING.

No one really likes them.

As someone already pointed out, coliseum events are MUCH more fun than 'constant' grinding.

If your looking from a pure points perspective, then yes, Morticia is VERY easy compared to others.

When you consider the human 'fun' factor, she's a real sh*t to get.

I have a hard time grinding every 5 mins as it is and already am behind for Morticia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackwing
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-04
Posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Yes i agree this event type is boring as hell.
But so are panels, and if we had ~940 ombre which took 15 hrs a day of constant grinding then you ca assume that we will have ~1200-1500 morticias. I have no idea what the lower ranks were like where the large gaps in bt points had formed but this seems like a good estimate.

Personally what i feel is happening is, is that SS/Mobage is experimenting to find the best point to put 6* at so that casual players will buy 1-2 boxes to reach the 6*. Before mata no 6* was grindable or even obtainable with 1-2 boxes worth of event items + grinding. Trying to tap into this revenue source they must be experimenting to find the best point range to put 6* in for future events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DekartheDragoon



Join date : 2013-05-30
Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:37 pm

As a free player who's only been playing for a few weeks (but put in some effort to learn about the game and market), I really regret not going for Pregare. Very curious how much the fun-factor will affect Morticia, because this has been pretty awful.

I got close to Pregare without really trying (and not knowing frost units stacked until day 3 lol) just because I had fun with the event, so figured I'd go for this one. Looking at the numbers at the beginning of the event, seemed simple enough. But if I had a 6* or was able to drop fair amounts of money into the game, no way would I continue to go for Morticia. 38-6 all day has been... less than enjoyable. Just want to get a 6* in case grindable ones go the way of the dodo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:43 am

BkWiz wrote:

I look at the event also.  Maiden events are BORING.

No one really likes them.

As someone already pointed out, coliseum events are MUCH more fun than 'constant' grinding.

If your looking from a pure points perspective, then yes, Morticia is VERY easy compared to others.

When you consider the human 'fun' factor, she's a real sh*t to get.

I have a hard time grinding every 5 mins as it is and already am behind for Morticia.

This is from a view point of more experienced player.

For the players who don't have a good team, Pregare is impossible.

I say 2500 is because in the last event, players without any event units can still grind and get Ixtab with pretty much the same time spent on the game as with what you need to get Mort.  And players without a 6* and saw to it that 6*s are so hard to get in the last 2 events are likely to try for a simpler one.

Yes, I don't like Team events and Panel events, but I don't think colo events are all that exciting either, I plan ahead, get my team up, then its mindlessly hitting that same button, I don't even need to change my team at all, and the exp is just not that great.  The only fun of colo and arena is that I can plan ahead, but the fun part only stops at planning, the actually playing part of colo is just boring and mindless tapping. And players with little cards to choose from? say, 1 5* and some 4*s? They don't even have the chance to plan ahead.

Consider the lower level players and human psycology, "This might be the only chance I get a 6*", "only 10 hours of grinding instead of 18 a day", "Oh, I missed my chance on the last 2 event, so close! I can make it this time"

Seriously. if you got Pregare and still want to get Mort, what makes you think those didn't get Pregare will not want Mort more?

2500 people successfully grinded for Ixtab in the last event, and it is just a 5*, why won't 2500 people grind for Mort in this event?
In fact, if I recall right, Dermond needed around 9 hours of grinding a day, which is not far from Mort, and how many Dermonds do we have? 2000? 3000? If we have around 1000 Mata, it is quite safe to estimate the number of Dermond in the 2500 level.  I still have an ally who's not very active got Dermond as leader.(Whose Baby is sick during that event and now the baby just turned 1 during last event, yay.)
Just because it is not as fun? No, a lot of people will want the 6*, and who ever can spend that much time grinding for a 5*, will more likely spend the same time grinding for a 6*, fun? no, it is the result that is fun, not the process.  Work is no fun, but people do it for the pay check, this is exactly the same here, people work for a reward, in which psycologically gives them satisfaction and accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackwing
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-04
Posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:04 am

I wont quote the post above cause its too long but, i disagree with the first point you made. Pregare was easy for anyone to grind to. even players without good teams because the optimal team to use was 5x event 4* (frost lawine nord) combo.

It did not require any sort of "good" team at all. The way to play the event was to just keep using the same team 5x event 4* and lving them up along the way it didnt require any special units or anything else.

Please understand once and for all that halls of heroes(pvp) was not needed to grind to pregare and even if you lost 90% of the battles there it would not affect you getting the required bt to get there. Hence again you did not need a good team.

Any new player with 5x event 4* team could have gotten to pregare no if ands or butts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:28 am

There's one huge BUT still
even with a lvled pure FB team, you would lose most of the boss encounters and new players cannot possibly have more than a couple of POTs therefore making the process getting to Pregare that much harder
a friend of mine was on track to getting Pregare but as soon as he hit floor 6 he started losing battles and he soon ran out of POTs (he had like 10ish from rewards and login bonus), he got upset and gave up. He only managed to get around 100K because of this.
I know 1 person's experience cannot be generalizable, but still the picture is far more complicated than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 am

blackwing wrote:
I wont quote the post above cause its too long but, i disagree with the first point you made. Pregare was easy for anyone to grind to. even players without good teams because the optimal team to use was 5x event 4* (frost lawine nord) combo.

It did not require any sort of "good" team at all. The way to play the event was to just keep using the same team 5x event 4* and lving them up along the way it didnt require any special units or anything else.

Please understand once and for all that halls of heroes(pvp) was not needed to grind to pregare and even if you lost 90% of the battles there it would not affect you getting the required bt to get there. Hence again you did not need a good team.

Any new player with 5x event 4* team could have gotten to pregare no if ands or butts.

How do you fight bosses with 5x event 4*?
Oh, and no grinding means these units are likely to be fresh to begin with, and the only bosses they can probably win against are the Floor I~V bosses that gives 150pts max with IWS.
And did you even calculate how many hours you need if you lose some of those battles? If you completely ignore PVP, you lose almost half of your pts(especially when you are already ditching the boss pts)

Each event 4* gives you 30 pts bonus? 5 gives you 150, I'll assume you get 100pts per 10 mins, since you can't beat PVP every 10 mins. after around 150 battles.
Each hour you get 1500 pts.
10 hours a day is 15000pts.
5 days is 75000, which is a nice number for Ixtab?
If you use IWS, along with the 15 IWL, all the time,
you get 15 battles with 750 pts, and the rest are 1.2x the pts.
15x750 is 11250, (75000-3750)x1.2+11250=96750,
which is still far from the 200k pts needed.
Well, if we add the 150 PVP, each giving you 50pts(which is unlikely because even 5* leader teams usually gives 45 instead.)
150 PVP battles, 15 of which will give 600@, so 9000.
the rest(135) gives 240 pts@, so thats 32400.

That's a total of 96750+9000+32400=138150.

Already a pretty save assumption.
I grind through training with 2 accounts, and I still can't get enough IWS for continue usage.

Also, asking a newbie to give up their grinded best card(m4*) and buy 5 fresh units that they know will drop in price after the event? Good luck on that.   2~3TE might not seem a lot to us, but it sure is a lot to newbies.
And even experienced players are not that sure about if getting 5 event 4*s can net them Pregare or not, you expect the newbies will make a move that might cost all their past effort to waste?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmach
☆☆


Join date : 2013-05-07
Posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 am

I'll start by apologizing for the length of the post and by stating I'm a free player and I had/have a very CRAPPY! team for battle arena and i got Pregare in 4 days with a full day and plenty of BT to spare by using 4-5 frost units. You could swap out frost units for normal units in PVP so you can't discount the PVP points, but even still if you picked your opponents wisely you could win with 4 frost units on pvp side too.

Your numbers are not accurate Myth. First off you can beat most of the boss encounters with 5 frost units, you have allies too to help. I think i used maybe 3 potions and those were on the really hard bossses that gave 3k BT. I beat plenty of bosses with all frost units, without using pots and got 2k bt. Everyone gets free Pot (p) and TE (P) just by playin in events and logging in every day in bingo, so they should have some, if they didn't save ANY then they are noob and it's a learning experience they will carry forward. And when you didn't have a boss the BT bonus on small waters was 250-300, on large waters it was 500-600. 

You were given 8 free large Icewaters in the event, which makes 16 runs with a mimumum of 600 BT (with 4-5 frost units (4*) deployed), probably 500 ish with fewer. As said there are plenty of free Pots (P) and TE (p) provided by both events, and the daily login bonus, i get one or two every day. Thus even just a handful of TE(P) would mean you could get 20+ runs x 500 bt = 10k BT on top of your normal grind BT and on top of that you got bonus for PVP too so 20 x 200 ish = 4k more bt points which gives you 14k BT from IWL's alone, minus the 2k you'd get during the same time frame without ice waters and you'd have 12k bonus BT over normal grind BT.

ON small waters (which you could run nonstop and never run out, I had 30+ leftover at end) I averaged 250 BT per PVE, 160 per PVP with 4* frost units, 410 BT every 10 mins, so 410 x 6 = 2460 BT per hour.

But wait, we haven't factored in the bonus BT from bosses. I don't have the statistics on it, but from personal experience I ran into half a dozen bosses a day that gave between 900 and 3k BT. Plus 1500-2100 per Floor 20th/30th Boss. So we'll say conservatively you ran in to 30 bosses over 5 days and an average of 1200 per = 36,000 BT.
 
200k bt for Pregare - 12k from the IWL - 36k BT from bosses: 152,000/2460 = 61.7 hours of grinding over 5 days = 12.3 hrs a day with conservate estimates, and only 4* units and no extra trades/purchases of any IWL's.

Blackwing is right. 12.3 hrs a day for 5 days with 10 minute intervals where you don't have to manually deploy every unit in every quest is IMMENSELY easier than 7 days at 12 hours a day w/5 minute intervals manually deploying 5-6 units every time.

Right now a lot of ppl are "on track" for morticia because they are trading in leana points and have been given some extra crowns from event rewards. Also because it's only 2 days into the event, the initial energy/motivation to grind will deteriorate with every passing day as running 38-6 quest 120 a day begins to break down peoples pscyhes. You're also forgetting that this event was right on the HEELS of the last grinding event, so most of the ppl going for Morticia just spent 5 days grinding for pregare, 10-12 sttraight days of grinding will take its toll.

There won't be more than 1500 Morticias.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 am

back on the topic of moticia
I used to think at the start of the event that there are gonna be a lot of her around
but now I'm starting to think that's not gonna be the case
the drop rates have been horrible for the past 18 hours or so
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-02
Posts : 1669

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 am

I will not read this wall of text but i will add to it:

I have always been a free player and i have played in EVERY event since this game opened and Pregare is by far the easiest to get 6* that has been released and took half the effort that it will take to get Morticia, the second easiest 6*.

The 2 te and 2 pot i spent to get the event units could have easily been gotten with large/small ices, which could have been obtained in the first few hours of the event or by trading 3* sets (which i did as well) for them.

You didnt have to have a good team/allies, spend money or te, you only had to realize the mechanics that were introduced in this colo event and take advantage of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 am

you did have to be smart to get pregare
there are almost twice as many Matas. over 200+ Ombres and those were harder to get supposedly
if someone who has no idea about game mechanics looks at the statistics, it'll actually show that Pregare was the hardest 6* to grind for simply cause we have the least copies of her out of the free 6*s...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-02
Posts : 1669

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:55 am

sGabe4 wrote:
you did have to be smart to get pregare
there are almost twice as many Matas. over 200+ Ombres and those were harder to get supposedly
if someone who has no idea about game mechanics looks at the statistics, it'll actually show that Pregare was the hardest 6* to grind for simply cause we have the least copies of her out of the free 6*s...

well it Pregare was kind of unexpected in terms event units giving stacking bonus's and not many people went really cared about bt points in colo since they gave away free te. I had several allies who would have gotten her based on how much they played that event if only they had used event units.

The reason why there are sooooo many Matas is she was the first grindable reward 6* and was planned for by many people and yea you didnt have to be smart to get Mata/Omb, just a robot.

Mort, yea, going to be gotten on the same level as Mata/Omb, and there should be many many more imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 am

xmach wrote:
I'll start by apologizing for the length of the post and by stating I'm a free player and I had/have a very CRAPPY! team for battle arena and i got Pregare in 4 days with a full day and plenty of BT to spare by using 4-5 frost units. You could swap out frost units for normal units in PVP so you can't discount the PVP points, but even still if you picked your opponents wisely you could win with 4 frost units on pvp side too.

Your numbers are not accurate Myth. First off you can beat most of the boss encounters with 5 frost units, you have allies too to help. I think i used maybe 3 potions and those were on the really hard bossses that gave 3k BT. I beat plenty of bosses with all frost units, without using pots and got 2k bt. Everyone gets free Pot (p) and TE (P) just by playin in events and logging in every day in bingo, so they should have some, if they didn't save ANY then they are noob and it's a learning experience they will carry forward. And when you didn't have a boss the BT bonus on small waters was 250-300, on large waters it was 500-600. 

You were given 8 free large Icewaters in the event, which makes 16 runs with a mimumum of 600 BT (with 4-5 frost units (4*) deployed), probably 500 ish with fewer. As said there are plenty of free Pots (P) and TE (p) provided by both events, and the daily login bonus, i get one or two every day. Thus even just a handful of TE(P) would mean you could get 20+ runs x 500 bt = 10k BT on top of your normal grind BT and on top of that you got bonus for PVP too so 20 x 200 ish = 4k more bt points which gives you 14k BT from IWL's alone, minus the 2k you'd get during the same time frame without ice waters and you'd have 12k bonus BT over normal grind BT.

ON small waters (which you could run nonstop and never run out, I had 30+ leftover at end) I averaged 250 BT per PVE, 160 per PVP with 4* frost units, 410 BT every 10 mins, so 410 x 6 = 2460 BT per hour.

But wait, we haven't factored in the bonus BT from bosses. I don't have the statistics on it, but from personal experience I ran into half a dozen bosses a day that gave between 900 and 3k BT. Plus 1500-2100 per Floor 20th/30th Boss. So we'll say conservatively you ran in to 30 bosses over 5 days and an average of 1200 per = 36,000 BT.
 
200k bt for Pregare - 12k from the IWL - 36k BT from bosses: 152,000/2460 = 61.7 hours of grinding over 5 days = 12.3 hrs a day with conservate estimates, and only 4* units and no extra trades/purchases of any IWL's.

Blackwing is right. 12.3 hrs a day for 5 days with 10 minute intervals where you don't have to manually deploy every unit in every quest is IMMENSELY easier than 7 days at 12 hours a day w/5 minute intervals manually deploying 5-6 units every time.

Right now a lot of ppl are "on track" for morticia because they are trading in leana points and have been given some extra crowns from event rewards. Also because it's only 2 days into the event, the initial energy/motivation to grind will deteriorate with every passing day as running 38-6 quest 120 a day begins to break down peoples pscyhes. You're also forgetting that this event was right on the HEELS of the last grinding event, so most of the ppl going for Morticia just spent 5 days grinding for pregare, 10-12 sttraight days of grinding will take its toll.

There won't be more than 1500 Morticias.

you spend 12.5 hours everyday, that is more than Mort's 10 hours a day.
And what is the level of event 4*s you have to begin with?
If you grinded them at any time, your "no grind, 10min cool down" argument is completely incorrect.

And switching to better units on PVP? what better units? You expect everyone got multiple m4*s and 5*s to change to?
Each m4* is a 10hr and 23 min run in 2-7, that is disregarding ANY down time and loading time.
You need about 2.5 hours of 2-7 run on each unit to at least get them to lv40 each.
So, what are your units lv before going into the event again?

xmach, your numbers are ignoring a lot of stuff you did to prepare for the event, in which in this event, for Mort, you almost need none.

Also, like I said, I didn't have IWS for all my runs, you might be lucky, but obviously we have very different samples, and I have allies asking for IWS, and some allies just purely gave out IWS to other allies because they don't have enough.
So a lot of people have trouble in securing IWS, I have no doubt you get enough, but that is just luck, nothing more, nothing less.

10hours or 12 hours a day gives enough crowns, unless SS changes the drop rate, but I did not use Leana shop nor my dead teammates are giving me help in the team rewards for those extra crowns.
And I don't need to spend even the (p) stuff at all, no bosses.
You think the Gate is easier because you happened to have a lucky run, I state that Mort is easier based on actual statistical data from 2 accounts of mine and 2 others on the forum which combined of 3 different accounts.
In the last event, I met no bosses in both accounts in the last two days, and only 1 boss(total) in the second last day that gave me 2400pts with IWS.  3 of my allies are complaining about no bosses in the last day as well, and the last tower event, I remember having the same problem, no bosses on last day when you really needed them.

I did have IWS on both accounts full on the last 2 days, since I asked my allies to give me some, but I have little luck in gathering IWS in training, and I notice a huge difference in the two accounts, I have essentially double the amount on my alt, but still short of running on full IWS.

That is why objectively, Mort is easier than Pregare.
And how much fun it is is not a big factor, like I said, the grinding time and method is pretty much the same as Dermond way back in sol-lune, no event units, same quest repeated, and same event length.

Anyway, you don't like the event doesn't mean that others will not grind for the 6*, my preference of events is arena>colo>any other
but in order for me to get good teams in arena and colo, I have to get better units, and Mort's 20DC is simply delicious.
And if I can get 2, I can probably trade with some TE for another 6*, which can help my team even further.

Planning ahead is fun, yes, and you have to have the power to execute your plan, and the power comes from money or grinding, I choose the latter.

BTW, did I hear you got an event 5* in the middle of the event? Or is it someone else?


Last edited by MythSearcher on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:13 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:
you did have to be smart to get pregare
there are almost twice as many Matas. over 200+ Ombres and those were harder to get supposedly
if someone who has no idea about game mechanics looks at the statistics, it'll actually show that Pregare was the hardest 6* to grind for simply cause we have the least copies of her out of the free 6*s...

well it Pregare was kind of unexpected in terms event units giving stacking bonus's and not many people went really cared about bt points in colo since they gave away free te. I had several allies who would have gotten her based on how much they played that event if only they had used event units.

The reason why there are sooooo many Matas is she was the first grindable reward 6* and was planned for by many people and yea you didnt have to be smart to get Mata/Omb, just a robot.

Mort, yea, going to be gotten on the same level as Mata/Omb, and there should be many many more imo.

Pregare is not that easy, those who get it are lucky, I have allies on both accounts who did have event units and still failed with more online time than I do.
And they have maxed event units to begin with.

I must say that it is purely luck to meet bosses and enemies in PVE, I spent pretty much same amount of time on both of my accounts, my main got 71k, my alt only have 62k.
Both have no event units, and I transferred all 6*s to 1 account when I can only access 1 device, so I have better chance in beating bosses and PVP, and those are travelling times, I logout and switch accounts when travelling back, so it takes the same time.
I was not aiming for Ixtab, but only the rewards and the p. ticket(which I hate for only getting to 297 wins on my alt.) and just keep grinding just because I have to tap every 10 mins anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 am

on another note (but related to this discusson)
Pregare is going for 80pure/100mixed now which is just effed up if you ask me

I wonder where Morticia will end up
at this rate she will sell less for than poor old Alexander...

these past 3 events with grindable 6*s totally ruined the economy 
any 6* under 200 has seen their prices slashed in a matter of days
and we're still far away from the 1st 7* event
this is bad...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-02
Posts : 1669

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:18 am

sGabe4 wrote:

this is bad...

or great. I for one and enjoying the price drop in 6*'s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

I still have 100TE stock piled, so I guess I am more likely to get 6*s?

Lucky that all the 6*s I am holding onto are the ones I needed for BA, and the DC is 30+25+15+15=85(Ombre+Creamy+Nina+Isis)
I also have Sarah maxed for the 10DC slots.  The fun thing is, somehow I calculated 4* Scarlet to be a really damaging unit in Arena, more than a lot of 5*s, so I also have 1 sitting WAY back in my inbox.
so I only need another 15DC 6* to replace my Kyo, and if I am lucky, I might be able to get a Charles to replace one of the Sarahs.

If I can't, I can still try out replacing 2 Sarahs with a Mort.

Or I can start building a Mort team on my alt. ;9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmach
☆☆


Join date : 2013-05-07
Posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Response to myth, for some reason when I hit quote with reply it doens't let me enter my response under it.

Mort's 10 hours is not accurate, i grind from 7am to 11pm missing only a few 5 minute cooldowns an hour and I'm only slightly ahead of the pace to get Mort. The 10 hour estimate only applies if you can watch your phone for practically 10 hours straight, have a perfect fast connection at all times, and are connected to a charger and either don't have a job or have one that requires none of your attention. Most people do not have that luxury. WIth a 10 minute cooldown and only one button to push more people can grind easier as grinding/deploying for 1 minute an hour (10 seconds x 6 cooldowns) is a lot easier for the vast majority than 6-12 minutes an hour (30-60 seconds x 12).

I did not "grind" my 4*'s before the event but if you'll recall the first 4 (actually 5) floors of SFC were easy to complete with just allies so by time you reach 5th/6th floor frost units should/would have been at level 40-60 just from that "grind". Also you get units to "enhance" from training that would make getting a 4* up to level 40 take only an hour or two, in addition to the fact with a 10 minute cooldown you could do additional "grinding" without effecting your cooldowns.

I expect people comparing one event's 6* to another would have "better units" to switch to, especially since you don't need 5* or 6* units as said before, and there was a free 5* at 70k pts that could be sped enhanced if hurting that much for units for pvp. But again we aren't arguing ease of 6* grind on behalf of completly fresh to Fantasica players, we are comparing ease for Free players to get 6* compared against previous events.

I didn't "prepare" for the event ahead of time, I didn't know the frost units were stacking until end of day 1. I traded some fresh/leveled free common 4*'s from previous event, or from bingo rewards for 5 FB's units, less than 2 TE in value.

IWS were dropping on average 2 per 300 TPs. That's 30 minutes of coverage which is enough time to refill your TPs again. Also plenty of ppl selling them for luna, or you could get 50 IWS for 1 IWL and be set for the entire event. It may have required some creative trading but it easily doable for anyone playing more than a week.

I also went on boss dry spells in last event but earlier in the event they were more numerous, the 30 boss encounters was a very conservative #, more likely it was closer to 50 for most ppl.

"Fun is not a big factor"

That is not the case for 99% of people thta play games for their fun factor. Would you rather spend all day at an amusement park or all day digging ditches? Fun most certainly is a motivating factor and thus PRegare is easier since ppl actually enjoy that grind...to some extent. They get to test their battle teams against others, multiple ways to effect outcomes/results, and strategy actually came into play. In this event none of that applies, it''s a straight...slit your wrists....grindfest.

And another factor: 5 days of grinding (2 weekend days) following a 3 day break with Mina's trials vs 7 days of grinding (2 weekend days) following 5 days of grinding in SFC. Stamina and resilency will come into play.

Whether I like the event or not isn't much of an issue, I'm going to grind for this 6* because it's getable (as is a 5*) and I can trade in cards and tickets to Leana to make up the ground I lose actually trying to have a social life during the event.

"Power comes from money or grinding, I choose the latter"
So do I, and planning ahead wasn't even necessary, having a few stored pots (p) or TE (p) is standard procedure. I didn't know how the event would work and I didn't pay for my 4* frost units, nor give up any stock of quality units, i gave up the free units everyone got at last event or my L waters.

I acquired a Schnee at the end of the 2nd day when I already had 110k BT points using just 4*s. It enabled me to get to 200k by end of day 4 and take the 5th day off since I knew I'd be too busy that day to grind 40k bt. If i'd had all 5 days to grind I wouldn't have needed/nor bothered getting Schnee since I was well ahead of the pace after day 2 and had just arrived at the 6th floor/boss battles.

For those that do want to plan ahead, trading your previous event units leveled up from your grinding is a good/easy/free way to secure event units in the next event. And this event has 19 TE (p) for rewards, and almost as many pots with many rewards still hidden...shouldn't be hard for anyone to "plan ahead" for the next 6* grind event unit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tentacle Love
☆☆


Join date : 2013-05-01
Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:53 pm

There are only six hundred and eighty eight Pregares, tops. That's based on evidence of the screenshot taken of the final rankings, where you can see exactly how many people got 200,000 points or more. Someone had 200,002, which I thought was kinda funny, but I digress.

That's drastically lower than the number of ombres and Mataharis that people were tossing numbers around of before the event even started.

I distinctly remember when I got a team of 3 event 4*'s, an event 5*, and a borrowed six star, the very first fight I was in got me a huge boost. the next fight, it was about half of that. the amount of event points you got per fight was variable, and it was a HUGE variation. we're talking going from 500 to 200 and then 240 and then 218 and then 300 and then 200 again. boss fights were anywhere from 1600 to 8000 with an icewater large, and when you got to floor six, you could get anywhere from fifty event points to eight thousand event points off of each fight. That's DUMB.

I looked at my stats and realized very quickly that there was no way in hell I would ever be able to pull off two hundred thousand.

This event? Lots more manageable. I sure could use a boost from buying a box or two and getting a shoot ton more points, but just being able to say that I managed to get near the top ten I'm sure pisses off the whales in this game more than anything.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy all the Colosseum type events, but I was kinda let down by how impossible the ranking was in that. progression was far too random for me to know anything about where I was or how long it would take to get there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-02
Posts : 1669

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Tentacle Love wrote:
I managed to get near the top ten I'm sure pisses off the whales in this game more than anything.

did you just call spenders fat? and angry?


anyway, regardless of how many Pregars there were compared to the Mata/Omb, it does not change the fact that she was stupidly easier to get than Mata, Omb or event Mort.

your statement is a perfect example of why more people didnt get her, they did not realize how easy it was running stupidly cheap event 4* teams to get huge amounts of BT points.

By the last two days i got tired of team swapping. I won every single PvP match i had the last two days in the 150-175 rank with this team: Nina-140 (usually didnt even get a chance to go as my allies finished off the other team) Heilo- Lv50 Frost- Lv48 Frost-lv30 Frost-lv30
all of my event 4*'s were leveled by PvE alone.

just because you or as many people that could have did not take advantage of it does not mean she was harder to get. you just didnt jump on the bandwagon fast enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tentacle Love
☆☆


Join date : 2013-05-01
Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Whales is a casino term to refer to the big spenders who basically keep the casino running. It's not really a derogatory term.

If Pregare really was easier to get, there'd be more of her. It is that simple. You got lucky.

When luck can increase your earnings per fight by as much as four thousand percent, then yes, it's a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-02
Posts : 1669

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Tentacle Love wrote:
Whales is a casino term to refer to the big spenders who basically keep the casino running. It's not really a derogatory term.

If Pregare really was easier to get, there'd be more of her. It is that simple. You got lucky.

When luck can increase your earnings per fight by as much as four thousand percent, then yes, it's a problem.

whales dont have money, they are fat

Luck had NOTHING to do with it. Its a numbers game, figure out the best team comp to get the numbers and farm away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DistortedIllusion
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-19
Posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 pm

My two cents: Pregare is an ugly card. When I first saw the card on the banner, I was excited believing it was a MALE pope [cool!] but then the hair + boobs threw me... To 'nothnx' town. (I think the sprite is really nice though, but I believe her art [dat face] will keep her an unwanted unit to most.)

The other part was not realizing the mechanics of stacking units. I thought you could have ONE event unit for bonus points... otherwise I might have actually tried.

I am trying and on track for Mort because she does seem easier than all the other grindable 6* units prior. Plus that 20 DC is <3 Her art is alright, too.


P.S. I am guessing because no one has replied that there is NO hidden 5* unit in looping rewards or anything spectacular besides Mort?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Morticia   Today at 7:15 am

Back to top Go down
 
Morticia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Morticia is FOR SALE! 95 Caprice Wagon...
» S>20 POTs for 50TE! Magnus, Morticia Goddess 4te/set, LE 4*, FEEDERS: MAX 4*, LVL 40 4*, 3* LVL10, Ambro
» Morticia's self torture ;)
» Morticia
» S/T> 6★ Mino, Magnus, Morticia 5★ Patrick , Oliver Mons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: