HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

TE as in-game currency...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 am

Hello Smile
This is me. Yes. You know me.

Anyways, that was a MIGHTY interesting topic that unfortunately got locked down Sad
There were so MANY wrong people... and you even missed the MAIN point why TE is considered currency instead of Luna.

LUNA IS CAPPED. Bam. 10m. Thats around 1k T. You can't have more -> you can't trade more -> means inneficient currency (not to mention it's easily farmable, thus making it hold no value)

Another thing... you fail to understand what a '3rd party software' is when it comes to games. This forum IS NOT 3rd party software. Paypal IS NOT 3rd party software...
ANY program that DIRECTLY INVOLVES WITH THE GAME, and is not meant to do so (is not a fantasica server or client) is a 3rd party software. Neither paypal, nor this forum does so.

(i might sound like an arrogant prick here, but trust me... I AM Smile )
Back to top Go down
beltane-flames
Ocean Dweller [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am

gtmeteor wrote:
Hello Smile
This is me. Yes. You know me.

Anyways, that was a MIGHTY interesting topic that unfortunately got locked down Sad
There were so MANY wrong people... and you even missed the MAIN point why TE is considered currency instead of Luna.

LUNA IS CAPPED. Bam. 10m. Thats around 1k T. You can't have more -> you can't trade more -> means inneficient currency (not to mention it's easily farmable, thus making it hold no value)

Another thing... you fail to understand what a '3rd party software' is when it comes to games. This forum IS NOT 3rd party software. Paypal IS NOT 3rd party software...
ANY program that DIRECTLY INVOLVES WITH THE GAME, and is not meant to do so (is not a fantasica server or client) is a 3rd party software. Neither paypal, nor this forum does so.

(i might sound like an arrogant prick here, but trust me... I AM Smile )
It was interesting before people started being total asses to each other. Wink

And while third-party software may not include things like Paypal, it is still against the rules to exchange in-game items directly for money or anything else outside means of the game.

Yeah, Luna is capped, but are you really going to need more than 10 million Luna at a time for enhancement and such? That's all it's really for, so beyond a certain point there wouldn't be a reason to hoard all that for trades, anyway, when you'd be better off just using it to buy TE off people as you get it. Seeing as how slow-going a process it is at times, trying to buy TE from other users, it makes sense that a bunch of TE would be a much more appealing offer than several million Luna ever would, so I don't really don't think that the main reason is the cap. You could have 100 million Luna, and many people still wouldn't take anything but TE. No one wants to sit there and convert all that to elixir themselves, do they?

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 am

Selling the stuff for RMT is illegal, because you actually DO NOT OWN any of the in-game stuff. You're just allowed to use it. You can't sell something you don't own. Legally at least Smile

Have you tried maxing a 6* star with level 1s you get from training ? Very Happy Thats around 8m Luna right there... Smile

And yeah, buying TE for luna is the result of Luna being capped, and TE - not. You have to spend it somewhere. And once you start doing so, TE effectively replaces Luna as currency.

If we could have 100Million luna, and there would be a higher button than 10k for trading - Luna would be acceptable currency for cards Smile At least I think so.
Back to top Go down
beltane-flames
Ocean Dweller [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 am

If I maxed cards purely through enhancement, I would have about -1,000,000, Luna right now. I spam 24-6 and do large amount of feeding to cards all at once to prevent the rate from going up. I also like to feed a bunch of 1*s to a 2* to level it to 10, and then feed a bunch of those all at once to whatever I'm leveling. I use game exp. more than enhancement, though.

And I don't think I'd accept 100 million Luna in a trade. It's still not good for much until liquidated, and I'd rather be playing the game than scrounging for TE trades if given the choice. I seriously doubt I'm going to want to level more than one 6* at a time, and that's still under 10 million Luna. Wink

Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:01 am

Yeah, I think one of the main issues is that luna on its own just isn't really good for anything except enhancing past a certain point. It's not going to help you win any events, either -- at least elixirs are good for that.

Although I will allow this thread to continue, this will serve as everyone's warning -- if anyone starts insulting or name-calling anyone else, or even coming close to it, I will lock this thread and temporarily suspend participants that engaged in any arguments/name-calling from the forums.

Also, these forums also do not condone any real-money trading, so discussion of how "well really it's quite all right!" is not allowed here.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunzlinger
Gravedigger [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 am

Ill repost my suggestion later. Not that devs would see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:10 am

Gunzlinger wrote:
Ill repost my suggestion later. Not that devs would see it.
The devs are quite fine with the current situation as the intended goal is reached. TE IS MADE the main currency and can be bought with $. It IS their goal to boost as much sales as possible. I doubt that people buy TE with $, but... The option is at least there... Smile

And seeing how much boxes cost - this is a cash-whoring game. >_>
Back to top Go down
Danaerys83
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:42 am

gtmeteor wrote:
I doubt that people buy TE with $, but... The option is at least there... Smile

At the moment, in terms of real money transferred into virtual it is probably cheaper to buy your TE directly than buy packs and sell the cards. 100 mobacoins gets you 1TE, 300 mobacoins (500 if it's an event pack) gets you a random card which will most likely turn out to be a 3 star and next to no-one wants to buy those for 1TE let alone the 3TE you could've had if you'd bought TE directly instead. 4 star pulls currently cause you to break even in terms of TE and that's assuming that you CAN actually sell it for 3TE right now. I see a lot of people trying to sell them for 2TE which, like a 3 star is actually a loss for what you've paid out in real money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zTrace

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Paypal is a 3rd party software.. [An outsider; a business or personal invitee or a party with absolutely no connection to an insured who may become a claimant under a form of public liability coverage because of injury or property damage alleged to have been caused by the negligence of the insured.] Meaning your using something that's NOT related to mobage to do illegal activity so yeah, you are braking TOS. [Which you checked before playing.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:32 pm

zTrace wrote:
Paypal is a 3rd party software.. [An outsider; a business or personal invitee or a party with absolutely no connection to an insured who may become a claimant under a form of public liability coverage because of injury or property damage alleged to have been caused by the negligence of the insured.] Meaning your using something that's NOT related to mobage to do illegal activity so yeah, you are braking TOS. [Which you checked before playing.]
Paypal first of all is a service. Not a software. And you're using Firefox. OH NO! You're violating ToS... No. You're not using any 3rd party software to access/play the game. That's what a 3rd party software is. Any software not engineered by creators to ACCESS AND USE their product.

I use Paypal for my eBay. So I'm violating Fantasica ToS? Really? Razz
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I don't think there's a point in arguing about 3rd party software, because trading/selling Fantasica items for any other type of currency or services is still against the TOS regardless of what method you use to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I think that is right. They mean connecting to their sw. For the programers out there that can make a bot type interface to, lets say, play 24-6 over and over again to lvl up a card. Paypal problem goes with the no selling card outside the game thing.

Last edited by Dark Knlght on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:39 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
I don't think there's a point in arguing about 3rd party software, because trading/selling Fantasica items for any other type of currency or services is still against the TOS regardless of what method you use to do it.

She used prettier words then I did
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Well, ye. Just explaining what a 3rd party software means. Which has nothing to do with selling anyways.

So back to TE. The question then is ... whats the best way to earn it... >_>

You can buy 10 for 10$. Or try to get a 5* for 30$... a 5* can yield from 100 to 300~, so on average it's lets say 200?

Sooo.... 200 TE = 200$, which is 6 boxes. From what I observed you're MOST LIKELY to definately get a 5* from 6 boxes, so... if you have money - buy boxes, those will yield more TE Smile (Not to mention the 4*s)
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Unless you're me, and 6+ boxes yields you nothing! Laughing ... Mad

e: Recently, it's been a lot harder to ask for 200TE+ though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunzlinger
Gravedigger [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:46 pm

clocksprocket wrote:

...or me. ._.; I've never gotten a 5*, and I think I've dropped 100$+ on this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Gunzlinger wrote:
clocksprocket wrote:

...or me. ._.; I've never gotten a 5*, and I think I've dropped 100$+ on this game.
100$ is ... 3 boxes Razz I'd say a box has an average chance of... 25% to have a 5/6* ...
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:57 pm

But I've bought $250 worth of boxes at least! That's 6+! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timlai1209
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:59 pm

I would like to say using TE as a currency may have a chance to ruin the market.
When everyone ask for a trade with TE or rare card only, the new player seems can only trade a 4* with their only 3 TE and they are much harder to become stronger.
As long as this happens, there may be fewer new players play Fantasica in long term. No

Of course, I can't sure that if there is any more new player who is willing to pay real money on this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunzlinger
Gravedigger [Retired]

Oh, you're talking about megaboxes. Yeah. I've gotten 3 or 4 megaboxes. ._.;
2*'s.
.______.;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zTrace

gtmeteor wrote:
zTrace wrote:
Paypal first of all is a service. Not a software. And you're using Firefox. OH NO! You're violating ToS... No. You're not using any 3rd party software to access/play the game. That's what a 3rd party software is. Any software not engineered by creators to ACCESS AND USE their product.

I use Paypal for my eBay. So I'm violating Fantasica ToS? Really? Razz

Papypal and ebay are owned by the same people... this shows how little you know about certain companies.
Yeah we are using firefox for this forum(Which is supposedly against TOS)..this is from the notice (in fantasica) "Additionally, the act of receiving or soliciting real world currency, items, services, privileges or anything else outside of the services provided in game.....we will permanent ban you." Oh yeah see that, services.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danaerys83
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:05 pm

gtmeteor wrote:
Well, ye. Just explaining what a 3rd party software means. Which has nothing to do with selling anyways.

So back to TE. The question then is ... whats the best way to earn it... >_>

You can buy 10 for 10$. Or try to get a 5* for 30$... a 5* can yield from 100 to 300~, so on average it's lets say 200?

Sooo.... 200 TE = 200$, which is 6 boxes. From what I observed you're MOST LIKELY to definately get a 5* from 6 boxes, so... if you have money - buy boxes, those will yield more TE Smile (Not to mention the 4*s)

I massively disagree if we're talking regular boxes. I've actually lost track of how many regular boxes I have bought (which is indeed not a good thing because it means I've spent far too much on nothing) and I've had only a Charles, a Devil and a Marguerite in terms of 5 and 6 star pulls. So yeah... I still think buying TE would be far better where my own luck is concerned.

If we're talking event boxes... well that's a whole different kettle of fish... 5* and 6* drop at far different rates from those boxes because they generally only contain a range of 10 or so units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunzlinger
Gravedigger [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Event boxes "feel" better, since you don't get 2*'s. As for rates, though... I have tons of Walpurgis. None of the 5*'s or up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:48 pm

zTrace wrote:
Papypal and ebay are owned by the same people... this shows how little you know about certain companies.
Yeah we are using firefox for this forum(Which is supposedly against TOS)..this is from the notice (in fantasica) "Additionally, the act of receiving or soliciting real world currency, items, services, privileges or anything else outside of the services provided in game.....we will permanent ban you." Oh yeah see that, services.
Get off this topic, please. We are done arguing about third party software. Also, no condescending tones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
zTrace wrote:
Get off this topic, please. We are done arguing about third party software. Also, no condescending tones.

e: You're nicer than I would be :-)

Last edited by pnoytroi on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TE as in-game currency...   Today at 9:20 am

Back to top Go down

TE as in-game currency...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next