HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

  A scammer is still playing Fantasica

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
timlai1209
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-10
Posts : 34

PostSubject: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Once again, few people should know Ancientstonn is a scammer as he stole Soulsign's 6*agri after The Venus Colosseum event.
Here is the evidance:

After Soulsign's agri is stolen by someone's fake account, I ask him how his agri is stolen . He said he saw his ally showed an 6* agri as leader without trading for agri after that and de-allies him already.( Few people saw this happened). He then knows his allies betray him and now He quitted already.

if anyone finds someone get a suspected agri, please tell me.


Like a Star @ heaven 9/10: Edited the post due to the new rule in the forum.

I hope everyone will keep an eye with scammer and not to be scammed .


Last edited by timlai1209 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:25 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correction and more detail)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 334

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:31 am

When will people learn to stop blindly trusting others with things they can't afford to lose?

Also, that is not evidence; it's hearsay, and that can't be trusted any more than you can trust strangers not to run off with your 6* cards that they "just want to add to their album."

While I feel for anybody that loses something that valuable, I really don't think it's acceptable for people to be tossing out account numbers and names as alleged scammers without anything resembling proof to back up the claim. That just leads to people in the future making false accusations because they don't like somebody or they wouldn't accept a trade or ally request, or any other such stupid thing. That just gets people's names smeared when they may not've actually done anything wrong.

In real-world society, writing accusations about others without actual evidence is known as libel (basically, the written form of slander, for those unfamiliar with the term), and, depending on your country, can get legal action taken against you.

It's also worth noting that it's technically impossible to steal anything in this game. For somebody to run off with your valuables, you have to first GIVE them to that person. If I hand an acquaintance a $100 bill, and they don't hand it back to me, I can't go to the police and report it stolen. It just doesn't work that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zTrace



Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:52 am

utinni77 wrote:
When will people learn to stop blindly trusting others with things they can't afford to lose?

Also, that is not evidence; it's hearsay, and that can't be trusted any more than you can trust strangers not to run off with your 6* cards that they "just want to add to their album."

you have to realize you cant use real laws in this game.... It's a game... How are you gonna going to get evidence. Any evidence, if you get, is all hearsay...unless he actually admits to it. your point is invalid.


Also realize how album serves no purpose in this game, TBH my conspiracy theory is mobage forces people to "album trade" so they can lose their stuff on purpose, making them buy more package deals to get the card they got stolen back. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 334

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:04 am

zTrace wrote:
you have to realize you cant use real laws in this game.... It's a game... How are you gonna going to get evidence. Any evidence, if you get, is all hearsay...unless he actually admits to it. your point is invalid.
1) Screen shots. Screen shot of the trade agreement. Screen shots of the trade itself. Screen shots of you trying to get your stuff back if the trade goes south. Lots and lots of screen shots. I don't think the screen shots on a phone are time-stamped, which does hurt their credibility a fair amount, but it's still at least slightly better evidence than some words typed on a forum post.

2) My point is absolutely valid because, regardless of whether actual evidence is available, hearsay cannot be used as a substitute for it. Either have something to back up what you say, or don't say anything. You cannot trust hearsay from random strangers. Period. The alternative is to open up everyone to the possibility of being wrongly accused of scamming because they pissed somebody off, offended someone, or there's just some jerk out there who wants to make somebody else's life miserable by slinging their name through the mud.


Last edited by utinni77 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zTrace



Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:22 am

[quote="utinni77"]
zTrace wrote:
utinni77 wrote:
you have to realize you cant use real laws in this game.... It's a game... How are you gonna going to get evidence. Any evidence, if you get, is all hearsay...unless he actually admits to it. your point is invalid.
1) Screen shots. Screen shot of the trade agreement. Screen shots of the trade itself. Screen shots of you trying to get your stuff back if the trade goes south. Lots and lots of screen shots. I don't think the screen shots on a phone are time-stamped, which does hurt their credibility a fair amount, but it's still at least slightly better evidence than some words typed on a forum post.

2) My point is absolutely valid because, regardless of whether actual evidence is available, hearsay cannot be used as a substitute for it. Either have something to back up what you say, or don't say anything. You cannot trust hearsay from random strangers. Period. The alternative is to open up everyone to the possibility of being wrongly accused of scamming because they pissed somebody off, offended someone, or there's just some jerk out there who wants to make somebody else's life miserable by slinging their name through the mud.

Pictures from your phone lose all credibility. They have no time stamp(like you said)...so really there is no real way to know. If someone also de-allies you, it makes them look a bit guilty. Overall: There is no real way to find out if someone actually did it or not, unless you film the whole thing. Anyway we all know mobage is too lazy to ever do something about it anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 334

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:32 am

zTrace wrote:
Pictures from your phone lose all credibility. They have no time stamp(like you said)...so really there is no real way to know. If someone also de-allies you, it makes them look a bit guilty. Overall: There is no real way to find out if someone actually did it or not, unless you film the whole thing. Anyway we all know mobage is too lazy to ever do something about it anyway
I agree. Screen shots are terrible "evidence" without time stamps.

My whole point was basically that these types of threads are just bad. They cannot be validated by anyone not directly involved, and so their potential for abuse outweighs whatever benefit they might otherwise provide to the community.

Given the circumstances of this game, people simply shouldn't be looking for which strangers NOT to trust (and allies absolutely count as strangers unless you actually know the person), but should rather be assuming that they can't trust anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zTrace



Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:37 am

utinni77 wrote:
zTrace wrote:
Pictures from your phone lose all credibility. They have no time stamp(like you said)...so really there is no real way to know. If someone also de-allies you, it makes them look a bit guilty. Overall: There is no real way to find out if someone actually did it or not, unless you film the whole thing. Anyway we all know mobage is too lazy to ever do something about it anyway
I agree. Screen shots are terrible "evidence" without time stamps.

My whole point was basically that these types of threads are just bad. They cannot be validated by anyone not directly involved, and so their potential for abuse outweighs whatever benefit they might otherwise provide to the community.

Given the circumstances of this game, people simply shouldn't be looking for which strangers NOT to trust (and allies absolutely count as strangers unless you actually know the person), but should rather be assuming that they can't trust anyone.

Couldn't be said any better.. but also why is it that they created a Album for? There is no reward for collection all of them anyway.... =(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 334

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:41 am

Oh, the album is absolutely a money-grab marketing tool to encourage people to buy packs and boxes because, well... GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zTrace



Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:46 am

utinni77 wrote:
Oh, the album is absolutely a money-grab marketing tool to encourage people to buy packs and boxes because, well... GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! >_>

ooooh.....CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timlai1209
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-10
Posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 am

utinni77 wrote:
When will people learn to stop blindly trusting others with things they can't afford to lose?.
Soulsign was my ally. It's real that He was the top 10 in the event and I am just telling what I have seen.
On the other hand, no one should trust the album trading while you get nothing for the insurance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 am

LOL it's bad enough mobage scam you $200 for a fail pixel, but then to give that pixel away means getting scammed for double. Hahaha how stupid are people these days, falling for the same trick twice, I'd say I'm glad he lost it.
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:04 am

Musicwilldie wrote:
LOL it's bad enough mobage scam you $200 for a fail pixel, but then to give that pixel away means getting scammed for double. Hahaha how stupid are people these days, falling for the same trick twice, I'd say I'm glad he lost it.
Thats uncalled for.... i feel sorry for him, but i agree it is a bad move... but making fun of it? just no mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-22
Posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 am

Fools get taken advantage of more often than sages. Why is this?

What is cruel about simply stating the true nature of the relationship between things?

Ancient is a scammer, JUST like Trade-Down. I have no proof I care to offer.

They prey upon people who can't speak English well, or are too young to know any better.

I would never do such a thing myself, as I prefer to give such lessons verbally.

These scammers however, whatever their philosophy, are teaching by example.

Some individuals must always learn the hard way.. through personal experience.

Of course you shouldn't trust everyone.. Trust takes time. ETC yada yada yah..


Isn't it better that people actually able to be scammed, get scammed in Fantasica as opposed to real-life? Would not such an opportunity grant individuals a chance at learning a valuable LIFE lesson in general? Say one person scammed by this game, never got scammed.. and because he never got scammed, he was never able to learn to be a little more guarded around people, or to learn better overall communication skills, or how to perceive more deeply the motivating factors behind other's decisions..

Any of these lessons learned, have the capacity to save both your life and or your wallet later on in life as an adult. Half the money/resources/value in circulation throughout the world is stolen one way or another.. just legally, under fine print, and mostly with consent.


Ignorance is a VAST commodity.. and between that and miscommunication the root of all evil lie.

And by evil, I mean misery, scorn, War, disease, famine, poverty, torture, lawsuits etc. Shit that sucks.

As earlier stated, it is impossible to steal in this game. Only con, or scam, & that happens everywhere Sad

YouTube the Non-Aggression Principle, if you wish to better understand my philosophy.


.. Anyhow, the true evil in this game are the real-money traders. They unbalance the in-game market..

AND IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS IT IS UNFORESEEN SUFFERING

Cest la vie
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 am

First, I have to apologize for not really moderating over this thread properly.

Our new policy is to not allow specific posts with IDs of scammers -- while the overwhelming chance is that they are indeed scammers, we also don't want to point fingers without proof [Note: If the scam in question relates to a forum member, then a (private) investigation will be conducted]. We definitely allow discussion of scamming, however, because if it at all educates anyone NOT TO DO ALBUM TRADES then that's a good thing.

That said, while scamming threads typically bring out the sentiment of, "well, what were they thinking? They didn't have to conduct that trade -- guess they know now," it is not okay to follow that up with "I'm glad they got scammed" or "hahaha who could be so stupid!" More abrasive comments like that will be met with a warning or temporary suspension.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]


Join date : 2012-10-08
Posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:52 am

Amazingly, some of my allies have asked me to let them album 4*5* and offered 6* as collateral. That is how it should be done. The "requester" should offer something of greater value.

In a sense "I did not ask for the album trade so I don't care if we conduct it, but if you want me to trust you then offer something of greater value."

I have also done the opposite where I albumed a 5* and only gave an ally 1*. That might be the 1 and only time I'll ever ask to album something. It was a special case where you get 30TE for having Kiki in your album.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A scammer is still playing Fantasica   Today at 3:13 pm

Back to top Go down
 
A scammer is still playing Fantasica
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Listen to music while playing Fantasica
» Playing Fantasica on PC
» Mini-Workaround: Listen to music while playing Fantasica (iOS7)
» Miss fantasica player contest over
» Scammer, Stole Ingrid.. i know, Stupid

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: