Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!
Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage.
Join date : 2012-12-30
Posts : 137
|Subject: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm|| |
THIS QUESTIONAIRRE IS
Due to insufficient responses, there was not enough data to write the proposal. This thread is now closed.
Greetings Fantasica Players,
Through talking to many players in game and via chat rooms, I have come across many good ideas for improving the game. Of course, we would all like it if Fantasica would institute measures to prevent or punish scammers. I have already submitted my ideas for that to Silicon Studios. The purpose of this poll is to provide Silicon Studios and Mobage with feedback regarding the game economy, player satisfaction, and possible means of improving our gaming experience while improving the revenue stream that pays the developers, staff, and hardware needed to run the game. Your participation is appreciated.
The second post in this thread will contain the poll questions. Please copy and paste the questions into your reply. Do not quote the original post. On multiple choice questions, delete the other choices leaving only your response OR type the letter of your response following the question and answer choices. You may add any additional comments at the end of your post. Please, answer the questionnaire only once and do not engage in additional discussions in this thread. The poll will remain open until July 10. At that time, I will compile the data and send a business proposal to Silicon Studios. Your individual comments and identifying information will not be shared with Silicon Studios unless you give me express permission to. I will not share the URL of this questionnaire in my proposal. However, a Google search for it may lead them here if they look for it.
Thank you all for your time and participation.
Last edited by thebluebox0 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Join date : 2012-12-30
Posts : 137
|Subject: Re: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm|| |
Please copy and paste these questions into your response. Do not quote this post. For the first 9 questions, choose the answer that best matches your habits, thoughts, and feelings about Fantasica. Indicate your choice by deleting all other answers or placing the letter of your choice in the space under the question and list of answers. For question 10, please type your response following the question.
1. How long have you been playing Fantasica?
A) Less than 1 month
B) 1-3 months
C) 4-6 months
D) 6-9 months
E) More than 1 month
2. How often do you play Fantasica?
A) I play more than 3 hours everyday
B) I play less than 3 hours everyday
C) I play 4-6 days a week
D) I play 1-3 days a week
E) I play 1-5 times a month
3. When Fantasica first started, the economy was luna based. With the introduction of te (p) and
other changes, the economy shifted to te based. Please choose the option that best reflects your
point of view and completes this sentence: I would favor a return to a luna based game
A) …if the trade system allowed us to input our own amount or added 1 and 10 million buttons.
B) …if the 10 million luna cap on the vault was removed.
C) …if commas were used to delineate numbers (10,000,000 is easier to read than 10000000).
D) …if A, B, and C were instituted
E) …never as I believe the te economy works fine
4. If the in game shop sold te for luna, what is the most you would be willing to pay per te?
A) 1 million luna
B) 3 million luna
C) 5 million luna
D) 10 million luna
E) I would be willing to pay any price
5. How often do you buy any type of card pack (averaged over the entire time you have played)?
A) I have never bought a card pack
B) Rarely – I buy 1 card pack every 3 months or more
C) Occasionally – I buy 1 card pack every 2-3 months
D) Regularly – I buy 1-3 card packs each month
E) Frequently – I buy 1 card pack a week
F) Very Frequently – I buy 2 or more card packs every week
6. A megabox card pack currently costs 3,000 Mobacoins, or roughly $30 USD. How often do you
think you would buy magabox card packs if the price was reduced to 2,000 Mobacoins (roughly $20
A) I would never buy.
B) Rarely – 1 card pack every 3 months or more
C) Occasionally – 1 card pack every 2-3 months
D) Regularly – 1-3 card packs per month
E) Frequently – 1 card pack every week
F) Very frequently – 2 or more card packs every week
7. Silicon Studios must pay their employees and maintain the game servers in order for us to play.
Please choose the option that best matches your thoughts regarding advertising in game.
A) I would support advertising on the top page before I enter my wall if card pack prices were
reduced by 10%.
B) I would support banner ads in the scroll across the bottom of my wall (where the Twitter and
future event banners are) if card pack prices were reduced by 20%
C) I would support full page ads between game pages (like when going from my wall to the
quest page) if card pack prices were reduced by 30%
D) I would prefer to play Fantasica without seeing ads and am willing to pay current prices for
card packs to avoid it.
E) I dislike in game ads and would stop playing if Fantasica starts using advertising.
8. If Fantasica offered a subscription option that included benefits for subscribed members such as
extra event items or bonuses, monthly inbox gifts (te, pots, ambrosia, 4* tickets, etc), and discount
on card packs, how interested would you be in purchasing one?
A) Yes. I would buy a 1 year subscription immediately.
B) Yes. I would buy a 1 month subscription to try it out then decide if I wanted to subscribe
month to month or buy a 1 year subscription.
C) I might. I would wait to hear what others think of it before deciding.
D) I would only subscribe if the benefits were very appealing and helped me attain my goals.
E) I would not subscribe.
9. If Fantasica offered a subscription option, what is the maximum amount you would be willing to
pay for that subscription?
A) $0 USD. I am not interested in subscribing at any price
B) $3 USD per month / $30 USD per year
C) $5 USD per month/ $50 USD per year
D) $7 USD per month / $70 USD per year
E) $10 USD per month / $100 USD per year
10. Please enter any further comments or ideas you have regarding the game economy after posting
your answer to this question Do you give thebluebox0 permission to share your comments directly
with Silicon Studios? (If your answer is yes, please provide you in game name and ID#) Please
note that Silicon Studios WILL NOT be provided with a link to this forum. However, a Google search
by one of their employees may return search results that lead them to it.
YES. I give thebluebox0 permission to share my comments with Silicon Studios.
NO. I do not give thebluebox0 permission to share my comments with Silicon Studios and wish to
Join date : 2012-12-30
Posts : 137
|Subject: Re: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:17 am|| |
The poll is now up and ready for your responses. Thank you for you patience. I had some technical issues with my phone and getting the document from my phone to the forums. I had to wait until I could get onto my PC to get it posted.
This post will contain updates and results when the questionnaire closes.
Update 1. I had already started broadcasting the link when I caught the error in the title. For this reason, I am not changing the title to reflect Silicon Studios rather than Mobage.
Update 2. The questionairre was designed with academic standards in mind. It has come to my attention that the format for responses is difficult on some mobile devices. See post 3 if you need to use an alternative response method
Update 3. Thank you to those who have participated. I have read your questions and concerns. However, I cannot respond to them until after the data is gathered. My answers to those questions could influence future respondents and skew the results. I will answer all questions and address concerns after polling closes July 10.
Last edited by thebluebox0 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Join date : 2012-12-30
Posts : 137
|Subject: Re: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:22 am|| |
It has come to my attention that the mobile version may not support copy and paste for everyone. If necessary, just reply with the question # and response letter. Alternatively, you can swap to the classic version by choosing it from the drop down menu at the top and using your browser functions to copy and paste.
Example of Mobile format
Join date : 2012-10-30
Posts : 308
|Subject: Re: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:20 am|| |
1) E (I assume you meant more than 9 months)
2) A (3 hours? lol, more like 12+ hours a day. /sigh)
3) I don't think you understand how pay2win games work...
4) See #3
5) C (I've spent around $400 in around 10 months)
6) Price per megabox isn't the issue, it's how many quest items you get per box
9) E (even $10/mo is incredibly cheap, I'd pay more than that.)
10) Everyone wants things to be cheaper, but it's the nature of the entire mobile gaming market and pay2win "free" apps. SS isn't even the worst offender, there are games out there with much more aggressive cash grabs that make the game nearly unplayable without paying.
Personally my two wishes for SS based on the questions in this poll would be:
1) Recyle luna in Leana's shop. 1k per LP would be 300k for a grab bag.
2) Daily/Weekly card pack deal. "First megabox of the week is $20" or "First premium card pack per day is $1".
|Visit the FANTASICA WIKI!|
Join date : 2012-11-19
Posts : 407
|Subject: Re: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:26 am|| |
Are you a representative of Silicon Studios? I stopped doing this survey at question 3. Luna based economy? What statements by Fanta/Silicon Studios are there to prove that this was ever their intention? Answers feel bias. I don't think Fanta will take this seriously. Sorry for the critical feedback!
Join date : 2013-03-24
Posts : 9
|Subject: Re: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:18 am|| |
4. B but it depends on the economy and assuming TE is useful as currency
10. I miss the pop-ups that gave easy Moba coins. Also give us more things to buy with luna.
Maybe Fanta will take it seriously; maybe they won't. Either way there's no harm in providing them with some feedback.
Join date : 2013-03-10
Posts : 60
|Subject: Re: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 am|| |
10. Make this game less pay-2-win, make a decent market where all players can see cards, have an option to trade Luna to TE/Pots. Recycle Ally and Brave points to LP or Luna. Bypass the 10.000.000 Luna limit, inject some TE in your events to get a proper economy and make packs cheaper. A step-up pack isn't too expensive but just to reach the step 7, you must spend more than 100$ ! Also, convert this for other countries. 100$ is not 100£ or 100€... And care about free players, this becomes ridiculous, they can't win anything and can't trade because of the TE economy.
I know that all I said will never be read by Mobage, they are too happy getting easy money.
|Subject: Re: Player Questionnaire to send to Mobage. Today at 7:43 am|| |