HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Anyone else sitting out this Arena?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Thu May 16, 2013 8:10 pm

I thought it feels like a pay-to-win.

Pay to get all the best units so your team is almost unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Thu May 16, 2013 8:45 pm

memphiskite wrote:

luck-to-win Very Happy

I tried survival with only 1 m4* 2 f4* 4 lv6 2*(guess who Razz)

I fight several missile 6* leads which (just like me) only have several weaklings and keep on winning only to be defeated by bunch of taniths in the very end..

santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caltrop

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 pm

I hate Arena. I just took down two of their guys and none of my guys died, but I lost.

I call bullshit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alanwar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Hah, I'm a bit new so I can't afford enough units for this event.
And, the fact is the that the tickets drop rate is too low. So I can't enter the ba much.
Only win 2 battles. The rest I always meet up with a powerful guy that have 5* units.
I have only few maxed units, almost fresh and they are too weak.
Now I know that some common units that have arena skills help team a lot. Like Zenobia with iron wall and Antony with Speed Order. But before the event, people put the price up so I couldn't get them.
Hope the next event is newbie-orient for the guys like me Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Thu May 16, 2013 10:35 pm

alanwar wrote:
Hah, I'm a bit new so I can't afford enough units for this event.
And, the fact is the that the tickets drop rate is too low. So I can't enter the ba much.
Only win 2 battles. The rest I always meet up with a powerful guy that have 5* units.
I have only few maxed units, almost fresh and they are too weak.
Now I know that some common units that have arena skills help team a lot. Like Zenobia with iron wall and Antony with Speed Order. But before the event, people put the price up so I couldn't get them.
Hope the next event is newbie-orient for the guys like me Wink

Not sure who these "people" are, but I was perfectly willing to give them away for free before the event, lol.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
comabright

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Thu May 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Caltrop wrote:
I hate Arena. I just took down two of their guys and none of my guys died, but I lost.

I call bullshit.

it could be HP-based, which is difficult to get a read on during the actual battle interface due to lack of HP # display. I'm not sure, I still labor under the newbie status. but I doubt it's bs.

what little participation I'm managing is actually pretty fun imo? by the next time this thing rolls around I expect to be participating quite a bit more. (I don't mind putting cash into the game, it just doesn't make sense to do it right now with my fledgling team that's not going to rank even with all the tickets in the world.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happiemealz
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Fri May 17, 2013 1:13 am

Both my iOS devices can't download any new content so I'm sitting this one out by default. Haven't been able to log in for a good 4 days.

While it's been frequently mentioned that this is one of those events that are less PTW, only the PTW players would enjoy it - I know I would if I could faceroll everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 am

The new arena event sucks. Not gonna waste my life on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Fri May 17, 2013 4:13 am

memphiskite wrote:

You do recall your units right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kalivon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Fri May 17, 2013 7:22 am

im in the 500ish rank area and I can't get further because almost everyone is running an Iron Wall unit as their tank. Let me tell you that IronWall is OP. Forget Speed Order or Triple attack. If you get Ironwalled you don't do damage and if you dont do damage you lose.

I just lost to a Bernhard (Iron Wall) and a Vlad (Knockback) and 4 1* units. Ironwall proc'ed on me 6 times in a row after my Speed Order activated and all my units did no damage because Ironwall is THE LAW!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Fri May 17, 2013 9:02 am

I am enjoying the event so far. My team is decent (2 5*'s, and 5 4*'s), but not great. I am sticking with the non survival part of the tournament, because I know I don't stand a chance against the better teams. Last night I easilly made it to rank 700 while losing only 1 match. I am just going to try for the top 3000 each day (for the extra tickets), and rank 2000 over all. Hopefully I can get a couple more 4*'s doing that. The 5* rewards are beyond my reach, so I am not even going to worry about them.

Like Madman keeps saying, if you need tickets visit Leana. Three of my four pulls last night were ticketsx3 (nine total). The other was Ambrosia. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 pm

kalivon wrote:
im in the 500ish rank area and I can't get further because almost everyone is running an Iron Wall unit as their tank. Let me tell you that IronWall is OP. Forget Speed Order or Triple attack. If you get Ironwalled you don't do damage and if you dont do damage you lose.

I just lost to a Bernhard (Iron Wall) and a Vlad (Knockback) and 4 1* units. Ironwall proc'ed on me 6 times in a row after my Speed Order activated and all my units did no damage because Ironwall is THE LAW!!!

Ironwall is not as OP as you think although it is nice to have an Ironwall unit (and possible nessecary at high levels of competition). There are 5* and even 4* iron wall units (I had a zenobia proc ironwall on me 4 times in a row Laughing) so it is fairly accessible to everyone. Also, Ironwall does NOT block status effects like slow, knockback, and poison. Ironwall DOES block area attack. When a double, triple, or quad attack is done on a Ironwall unit, they need to proc ironwall for EACH attack or they will still take some damage. Ex: If my Charles procs doubleattack on your Aksana, Aksana needs to proc ironwall on each of the two attacks to fully block the attack. If she only procs once, then the other attack still hits. With something like double attack, it is bad, with triple or quad, it is worse!

Also, units with BA abilities like Ironwall, do not proc their normal ability! Aksana never procs slow (which I would almost rather her do some times).

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amasuro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Fri May 17, 2013 12:02 pm

kalivon wrote:

Fighting an Aksana lead is like ramming your head into a brick wall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Fri May 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Iron wall is nice. I think having Zenobia lead is the only reason I have won some of the fights I have won. Like Madman says it is not as useful against double and triple attacks, but anything that prevents damage helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TruthMaker
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Mon May 20, 2013 10:06 pm

No
I lost to people with only 1 5* because of their hp...

-Warning-My belief-(It is not entitled to anyone but to myself and shall not hold any insult to anybody but for me...)
I believe that the data for who wins is set before battle..It is not on skills but luck base..WE CAN'T CHANGE THE DATA...unfair.

Mad

As I said on the game to my allies.

I protest THIS EVENT WITH NIX!!

I'm thinking of Secretly protesting by going: YAY I'M NOT LOSING POINTS BECAUSE I BYPASS SYSTEM BY NOT PLAYING this event trolololol and having heart attack because I bypass this silly luck base arena.

Plus Im not really losing or gaining points either...I am a 17 year old who has to go to school with nix. Mad

So i'm rank 1400+ and I don't care event...bring on the next one...
quick before my school holidays start.. cat

bounce only comfort is that I will get my cards that will be lvled with my allies after event.

I BOO THIS EVENT.NIX PROTEST bounce affraid

sorry for ranting.I love to talk and rant

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TruthMaker
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 pm

btw the data is by playing the person and hoping you will win Crying or Very sad

bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Mon May 20, 2013 10:38 pm

The data is not fixed. Trust he here Wink

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Last edited by themadmanazn on Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TruthMaker
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Mon May 20, 2013 10:43 pm

you got ban??

Shocked

ohh :0

okay okay.
I changed my team and bypass-_- won a guy with 2 6*

cyclops

oh well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Mon May 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Naw, I didn't get banned, lol. I would be rather upset if I did.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TruthMaker
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Mon May 20, 2013 10:45 pm

i hope I never get ban..If i do.I know I didn't do any wrong and will FIGHT!

Twisted Evil

bounce

rank 1400+ still.just give me valenti and I am DONE=D lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TruthMaker
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Mon May 20, 2013 10:48 pm

I'll be upset too.lend a few cards and blah blah. Crying or Very sad

although sometimes I love shouting out in fanta and by accident giving people the wrong impression that I'm doing something wrong till I explain myself. Shocked

must be more careful with showing my feelings Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
barwinsb

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Tue May 21, 2013 1:36 am

I am a free player with no units but wanted to go full on for this event. All it takes is a couple mid lvl 4's and a bunch of 1's.

Usually try-hards build 6's and 5's, but use heavy cost units. If they start with 5 units and you start with 7, they will need to kill at least 3 of your units to win. That is a tough feat since my 7 units take up all the moves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pleut
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 pm

To be honest, after they changed the matchup formula, it feels more "paying to win" for top 25 lol. The fights are so easy for the top 10 that it's basically competing who has the most ticket and time to use the tickets >.<
I've been relying on Leana for a while now >.>

EDIT: BTW, ambrosia drop rate seems to have increased during the event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NomadicAsprin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Tue May 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Honestly, with what feels like so many people not putting much effort into this event, it feels like it will be easier to keep a higher ranking end reward for us free players. (I don't really have a good team and i'm just making it to get the free premium card in which i say hey, Free premium Card pirat )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else sitting out this Arena?   Today at 9:16 am

Back to top Go down

Anyone else sitting out this Arena?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2