HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Help Me Please!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ccd97

PostSubject: Help Me Please!   Sun May 12, 2013 4:47 am

im having an error which does not allow me to go ingame it says 'A downlaod error has occured. Failed to download data. Please restart the game.' Ive deleted fanta and redownloaded it and it still give me this error and it says Loading tutorial something.... enable sound? im afraid that i may lose my data. Can anyone help me im on I OS. Smile thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccd97

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 am

bumps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sun May 12, 2013 1:04 pm

It's not even a bug in the first place. If it asks to enable sound, thats all it does. enable or not? What bug r u talking about O_O

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Mon May 13, 2013 9:15 am

if you are getting the download error you need to clear your cache. There is sometimes an older file that will not update itself and the SS guys are too lazy to figure it out. On the SS/Fanta support page you can download a program that will clear out your cache for you if you dont know how to do it yourself.

All of your game progress is attached to your Mobage name. Deleting the game from you phone, reseting game data will NOT effect your accounts progress. Anytime you start the game it gets its info directly from the Fanta servers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccd97

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Mon May 13, 2013 9:50 am

But on the website it only provides the app for android users not iphone users Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 am

ccd97 wrote:
But on the website it only provides the app for android users not iphone users Sad

well i would just toss that iphone out the window and go get a droid.... or uninstall the app, then restart your phone to clear it from memory then reinstall.

You should really do this from time to time anyway as a game that has a patch placed on top of a patch over and over gain becomes buggy and it really is best to wipe it all away and get a fresh start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 am

if you check out the other thread about this issue ^^

LunaMerchant wrote:
http://support.mobage.com/customer/portal/articles/1138402-%22unable-to-identify-device%22-error

What Mobage has to say about it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccd97

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am

I can only update If my phone is an iPhone 5 but its a iPhone 4 an that that error is for people hi are unable to connect my error is the one which is unable to download data Sad tried reinstalling it didn't help too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
terafirma81

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sat May 18, 2013 5:58 pm

i have the same problem

"A download error has occurred.
Failed to download data.
Please restart the game"

on iPhone4 & iPad2...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skrfirefly
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sat May 18, 2013 10:42 pm

I know the problem guys, are you using iphone 3GS and below? Cause it will not download the game on my Iphone3GS its telling you to either upgrade to Android or buy an iphone 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kresnik
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 am

I am currently using the iPhone 5 with firmware 6.1.4 (Latest version), and i am still having the problem of:

Failed to download data.
Please restart the game"

So far i tried uninstalling Fanta, uninstalling facebook ( some say it causes the unable id device issue.), doing a factory reset ( hold power and home button for 10 secs ), and reinstalling fanta.

I have done all those in that order, but i am still getting the same issue.

Currently reported to mobage, waiting for their update...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sun May 19, 2013 10:06 am

Could be this due to the updates that Fantasica might be implementing since iOS 7 is coming up on June?

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happiemealz
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sun May 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Kresnik wrote:
I am currently using the iPhone 5 with firmware 6.1.4 (Latest version), and i am still having the problem of:

Failed to download data.
Please restart the game"

I've been dingdong-ing back and forth with Mobage on this issue - these are the 2 replies I've received so far:

1. "We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has brought you. With regard to your concern, may we kindly advice you to play Fantasica with a strong internet environment in order to avoid loading issues. If the problem still persists please do not hesitate to contact us again."

2. "With regard to your concern, when you upgraded the device (except iPhone5) to iOS6, the temporary saved file memory area may be consumed by the OS and it may reduce the area of memory distribution for the application. If you are running other applications, please close them first then try running the game afterwards.

Also, if the same issue is still present, we are currently considering measures such as reducing the amount of the sent & received data. However, we expect that this may take some time to complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and hoping for your kind consideration."

First reply was just -_- Second one indicates that they can only hazard a guess what the problem is, and there is no immediate solution from their end. iPhone 4s/iPad 3 iOS 6.1.3 here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnoopyPlush

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sun May 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Happiemealz wrote:
Kresnik wrote:

Failed to download data.
Please restart the game"

I've been dingdong-ing back and forth with Mobage on this issue - these are the 2 replies I've received so far:

1. "We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has brought you. With regard to your concern, may we kindly advice you to play Fantasica with a strong internet environment in order to avoid loading issues. If the problem still persists please do not hesitate to contact us again."

2. "With regard to your concern, when you upgraded the device (except iPhone5) to iOS6, the temporary saved file memory area may be consumed by the OS and it may reduce the area of memory distribution for the application. If you are running other applications, please close them first then try running the game afterwards.

Also, if the same issue is still present, we are currently considering measures such as reducing the amount of the sent & received data. However, we expect that this may take some time to complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and hoping for your kind consideration."

First reply was just -_- Second one indicates that they can only hazard a guess what the problem is, and there is no immediate solution from their end. iPhone 4s/iPad 3 iOS 6.1.3 here.

I'm playing with an iPhone4s with no issues. I'm still running iOS 6.1 though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kresnik
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Maybe we shouldn't update our iOS so much =.=;

So far the email i got is that.. they have forwarded my email to their technical department, and they are reviewing the problem...
Hopefully they can come up with some resolution soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cavemaneca
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Mon May 20, 2013 10:14 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
ccd97 wrote:
You should really do this from time to time anyway as a game that has a patch placed on top of a patch over and over gain becomes buggy and it really is best to wipe it all away and get a fresh start.

I really can't resist correcting this. Patches do not work this way

The standard way for the Mobage App framework to "patch" the game, is to have a manifest of the files needed. When the game starts, it downloads a set of manifest files. Those files then have a list of resources, such as images and audio files, that it checks. For each of those manifests, if there is a file that is no longer needed it is automatically deleted, and if a file is missing it is automatically downloaded.

The progress bar shown during loading relates to that, with the red bar likely being the progress of working through each manifest file, and the green bar being the checking/downloading of resources in each manifest.

In short, the game automatically cleans up every time you start it.

The only time the cache cleaner works to fix a problem is when during normal use, or through a bad download, one or more of the game files becomes corrupted. It simply deletes all of the downloaded resources, so that when you restart the app it realizes it needs to re-download them.

Honestly, the best way(if not already implemented) would be to md5 every file on start through the manifest, and any file that doesn't match the md5 even if it's the correct filename should get re-downloaded. That way it could automatically fix individually corrupted files.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccd97

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 am

Bumps.... im still having the problems...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccd97

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Wed May 29, 2013 9:50 am

I've just realised that when it is trying to download data it last for around 15++ then the error pops up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kresnik
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Thu May 30, 2013 12:03 am

I have been emailing the fantasica support team about this issue, and they said they are still working to patch it.

For now, i guess you will have to use android or older iOS to play fanta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccd97

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Thu May 30, 2013 4:47 am

I was on an older version of ios when that error happened so i tried it on the newer ios
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kresnik
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Thu May 30, 2013 8:50 am

hmm.. you tried on 6.1.2?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccd97

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Thu May 30, 2013 9:01 am

nope i was on i thin 4.1 soemthing before i updated to 6.1.3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kresnik
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Thu May 30, 2013 10:48 am

If you are from Singapore, try connecting to a different service provider.

It seems that there are some problems with Singtel, i just tried connecting and downloading from m1 service ( Via 3g ), and it works.
What you can do is:
1. get someone with m1 or starhub plan
2. Get them to open up wifi hotspot, using their cellular data.
3. Connect to them.
4. open up fanta and download the patch

After it gets patched, you can continue to play with any service provider. ( singtel, m1 or starhub.)

I don't have the loading issue anymore.. but now new problem with device registration...
Can't trade or get gifts... zzzz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schizo26

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 am

same hereeee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccd97

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Thu May 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Holy....after over 25days it has been resolved for me Smile
Just by changing the service provider Smile thanks a bunch man it helped me and my friend alot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Please!   Today at 6:30 am

Back to top Go down

Help Me Please!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: