HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

That Stinks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xionnguyen
☆☆

PostSubject: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:31 pm

You can no longer trade here, even though its a great opportunity to widen your selling shop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curasa
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:46 pm

xionnguyen wrote:
You can no longer trade here, even though its a great opportunity to widen your selling shop.

What?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
profile4
Tyrant of the End [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Well you can still trade here, it is just at your own risk. I don't see why we can't ask mobage to make this the official Fantasica forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:57 pm

They have no jurisdiction here.
All we have to do is set the trade forum to only viewable by members and they won't bother us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
profile4

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Well they do have some jurisdiction in the trading department because it violates term 3 of their User Agreement terms or whatever. There cannot be any trading done outside of the Fantasica App unless it is on an official venue. Something along those lines I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:09 pm

The only way they can ban us is if someone reports us and submits screen caps of our forum posts. Mobage is too small, and cheap to have anyone proactively watch us here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
profile4

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:12 pm

That is true, and realisticly I don't think that they will do anything. It is just a precaution from Crowex to take away any liability. Nothing to worry about, just going to keep on as normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:22 pm

I just want to make sure everyone is aware --

While the rules have been updated, Fantasica policy has always not allowed outside trading -- see the current rule #1, I'm pretty sure it existed before as well. You were not allowed to use any outside communication/services that were not official (which is anything else on the internet, basically).

However I really doubt they will go after any forum-goers. Trading for real currency is a big issue because it affects their bottom line -- people who may have bought a ton of extra boxes could just go buy a 5* or 6* off someone else, and they won't put up with that. But we don't allow that on this forum and could even report them with evidence if we needed to. The fact that the biggest Fantasica forum does not serve as a place for this activity to go on is actually probably really useful to them. That and we help build community, which makes players more likely to stay in the game. Compared to currency trading, everything else is small fry.

In short, as regular forum members, I am like 98% certain you will not have to deal with it. They have way bigger things to worry about.

(As a sidenote, I was reported by a banned member once, and I'm still both here and in Fantasica. Just saying.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Well I think trading within the game sucks. They give us the ability to search for ppl's IDs, but how the hell can I do that if ppl don't tell me their IDs outside the game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:36 pm

actually, why do we need to display our game ID in this forum? Smile

if we dun display it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:48 pm

myad wrote:

For easier trade?

Or are you suggesting we PM each other's ID whenever we do trade?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Like stated, it IS a risk to be trading on the forum and I do hope we stick around for a while. The PSA posted today was a cautionary to people who really want to play by the rules of Fantasica.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:32 pm

I've only been playing for a week, but the week I have been playing has given me a really bad impression of Silicon Studio with all the new "updates," restrictions, etc. Why wouldn't they want people to make trading arrangements outside the app? This forum is in no way hurting the game, it's actually improving our experience. I've always thought the best way to make a successful game is to build a strong community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Cam wrote:
I've only been playing for a week, but the week I have been playing has given me a really bad impression of Silicon Studio with all the new "updates," restrictions, etc. Why wouldn't they want people to make trading arrangements outside the app? This forum is in no way hurting the game, it's actually improving our experience. I've always thought the best way to make a successful game is to build a strong community.

It isn't that Silicon is doing all these changes just to annoy players. I'm almost sure that Silicon doesn't want Fantasica to degrade in to a massive clusterf**k like Rage of Bahumut did. I hear it's so bad they removed trading for a while.

The point is, Fantasica wants each user to discover their own path rather than interact with a massive amount of players, feel hopeless in their pursuit of getting a rare card, then quit.

Yes, seeing a few of the trading threads here makes some people think that they'll never have all the things "top" players have.

Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Crowex wrote:
Cam wrote:

It isn't that Silicon is doing all these changes just to annoy players. I'm almost sure that Silicon doesn't want Fantasica to degrade in to a massive clusterf**k like Rage of Bahumut did. I hear it's so bad they removed trading for a while.

The point is, Fantasica wants each user to discover their own path rather than interact with a massive amount of players, feel hopeless in their pursuit of getting a rare card, then quit.

Yes, seeing a few of the trading threads here makes some people think that they'll never have all the things "top" players have.

Well that just sounds like a dishonest business plan. Which is pretty annoying. =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:00 am

Cam wrote:
Crowex wrote:
Cam wrote:

Well that just sounds like a dishonest business plan. Which is pretty annoying. =p

Fun Fact: electric trolleys were cheap, fast, pollution free, and were always on time. Ford and other automotive companies weren't selling any cars because of trolleys. Guess what they did?

They bought all the trolley carts, destroyed them, and bsically forced everyone to buy a car.

In the name of business.

Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:23 am

Crowex wrote:
Cam wrote:
Crowex wrote:
Cam wrote:

Fun Fact: electric trolleys were cheap, fast, pollution free, and were always on time. Ford and other automotive companies weren't selling any cars because of trolleys. Guess what they did?

They bought all the trolley carts, destroyed them, and bsically forced everyone to buy a car.

In the name of business.

Yeah, I'm aware of that a lot of businesses will do almost anything to make a buck... Unfortunately.
But it still doesn't make sense to me what Silicon is trying to do here. If they don't want players to view other's trades, and therefore other's items, then they wouldn't host events where we can view the top player's profiles where they often have maxed 6* leaders. =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 am

po1102 wrote:
myad wrote:

For easier trade?

yes, coz technically speaking... it is ILLEGAL (dev's T&C) to be trading or negotiating trade using 3rd party resources... they do have the rights to ban players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:45 am

Cam wrote:
Yeah, I'm aware of that a lot of businesses will do almost anything to make a buck... Unfortunately.
But it still doesn't make sense to me what Silicon is trying to do here. If they don't want players to view other's trades, and therefore other's items, then they wouldn't host events where we can view the top player's profiles where they often have maxed 6* leaders. =/
i think for now, silicon just want to earn $ the obvious way... which is for people to buy cards from them. trading cards do not earn silicon any money. in fact, it could make them lose money (people who have 2x 6* will probably wanna sell off one unit). so, naturally, they want to reduce trading until they can do something in the game that can support and earn them something... like perhaps develop a trading portal that charges 1TE per transaction, but with added security, etc...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:11 am

myad wrote:
po1102 wrote:
myad wrote:

For easier trade?

yes, coz technically speaking... it is ILLEGAL (dev's T&C) to be trading or negotiating trade using 3rd party resources... they do have the rights to ban players.

It's just against their T&C, not illegal in any way. And a trading card game without a large community to trade with is ridiculous. Communication in-game sucks that's why I seek this forum. I'll just continue on coming here for trading purpose. And if they ban me for doing so, then that's it I guess.

myad wrote:
i think for now, silicon just want to earn $ the obvious way... which is for people to buy cards from them. trading cards do not earn silicon any money. in fact, it could make them lose money (people who have 2x 6* will probably wanna sell off one unit). so, naturally, they want to reduce trading until they can do something in the game that can support and earn them something... like perhaps develop a trading portal that charges 1TE per transaction, but with added security, etc...

A trading card game without trading...
Well I like this game, and I hope they won't ruin it for me and everyone else, but that's just life I guess...
Like I said, I'll stick around, whatever may come.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohzark

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 am

If they continue this, I see this game going down the drain like poupee girl.

It's challenging right now , as a player that isn't willed to buy cards, it's hard to get a 6* , but it's also fun. . . I just hope they don't make 6* money exclusive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 am

Huh? I really doubt they would. There's no real reason for you not to be able to trade 6*s away.

e: But yeah, use these forums at your own risk, but keep in mind they had similar rules before the change. I just feel like they have better things to worry about than persecuting all the members of an unofficial forum. At worst maybe me and crowex. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Stinks   Today at 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down

That Stinks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1