HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

To people who buy lots of boxes:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: To people who buy lots of boxes:   Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 am

You can get 5*s from premium tickets.

The chance of that is just really, really rare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To people who buy lots of boxes:   Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:27 am

clocksprocket wrote:
You can get 5*s from premium tickets.

The chance of that is just really, really rare.
cool! do we have a list in this forum that shows who's won a 5* from the premium tickets... i'm just curious to know... coz i dun think anyone from my ally list has gotten b4... hahaha...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curasa
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: To people who buy lots of boxes:   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:47 am

sharpyzu wrote:
jdelmundo wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:
Well, actually, regarding your point,

I am pretty proud of myself for one thing, and that is, in all my 20 years of life, I have never spent a dime on games. Nor have I made my parents do so.

Wink

Anyway, I'm not saying this isn't a valid way to sell their product; I'm simply asking how much people would pay for a 6* given the opportunity. That's all.

EDIT:

However, your logic is not sound. The difference is, with this, you are buying data. Buy buying games, you are buying code. There is a difference.

Are you proud of not spending money or are you more proud trying to advertise your disdain for people that do pay for boxes? I'm fine spending money for a digital product. It's not the first or not the last. That impulse of yours where you wanted to buy a box but didn't comes from wanting a better deck. Some of us are willing to pay for it. None of us care whether you buy a box or not. We'll do you the courtesy of not caring if you do us the favor of not disguising your posts as a way to rant about people that purchase boxes.

@ clocksprocket:
I never mentioned anything about piracy. There are plenty of f2p games out there that one does not need to pay or pirate in order to have a gaming experience.

Now, I have to clarify myself. First of all, I'm neither proud of not spending money nor "trying to advertise [my] disdain for people that do pay for boxes". More on this second point later.

What I am proud of is, I was able to hold off my temptation so many times, that as I was and still am in the care of my parents (University is already so expensive), that I did not waste so much of their money on something they dislike. Indeed, most asian parents are against kids playing games, I knew of many kids who are not allowed to even touch the computer other than doing school work back in highschool. Perhaps my experiences are different from you guys, but I grew up knowing that games are bad for you, they waste time and I felt guilty playing games already, let alone paying for them. Indeed, I also knew of kids who did spend hundreds of dollars on gaming; and they weren't even rich; you could see how frustrated their parents were even while trying to hide their embarassment as is usual in the asian culture, trying to save face. If I really wanted to spend money on games, would my parents let me? Yes. Once I was looking at some games in the store so intently that my mom felt so bad she offered to buy me a game. Still, I know that games are ultimately just games, they may be fun for the moment but in terms of hurting my future and my parents, its not worth it.

That said, I am absolutely NOT trying to advertise my disdain for people that do pay for boxes; I am absolutely bewildered by how you can come up with such a conclusion. Please quote me in what I said that made you think this way please, I don't remember saying anything disrespectful about people who buy boxes. If I did, I am sorry.

I am thankful to people who buy boxes on multiple levels. Surely if I was to make good money in the future I would spend a few dollars on games as well, if anything just to support a game. I study computer science and statistics. Though the codes and programs I write and debug are thousands of times simpler than the MMORPGs out there, I have already experienced firsthand the tedious process of debugging, and thinking of how to most optimally write your program. The thousands of man-hours put into writing these programs surely deserve to be rewarded.

If no one paid for these games, no one would make them, and no one would get to play them. If no one bought boxes, I would never have a chance at obtaining a 5* or 6*, ever. I thank the people who do support the game, there is no way I'm compalining about them.

I honestly truly just intended to ask whether people would buy 6*s for 30 dollars; it seems curious to me because I feel that not as many people would straight up buy a 6* for 30 dollars, and I wanted to confirm my suspicion. I thank those who have answered my post on topic, and I what I wrote I truly how I feel. I hope my sincerity can get through to you, I don't want to use ad hominem against anyone. This is a game, we play it to have fun, not to angerly argue against each other.

Absolutely no point in saying you're sorry. Most people are just flat out assholes. The ones that got defensive are the ones that are probably pushing 40 and felt challenged because they spend thousands of dollars on a cell phone game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: To people who buy lots of boxes:   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 am

Are we serious here?

Can a thread on boxes/pricing not devolve into name-calling/insinuations that people who spend money are doing something wrong? Locking this for tonight. Let's all agree people can spend their money how they want, including buying virtual packs of cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To people who buy lots of boxes:   Today at 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down

To people who buy lots of boxes:
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2