HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 INVASION OF NIX

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
phamsean



Join date : 2013-01-13
Posts : 67

PostSubject: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 4:19 am







GREAT EVENT!!!!!!SCREW YOU FANTA FOR CHANGING RULES MID WAY AND DEVALUINGMAJORAM SHE DID NOT DESERVE THAT

Glad that this half a century even is over and as many know it is my last event ill be doing. Thank you everyone on rank for trying to bust out Nix last minute. Always wanted to have top 10 be all Nixes lol almost made it happen Smile

Maybe with this we can keep a tradition going or something haha top 10 players set Nix as ldr and we SS.

Also special thanks to my allies for helping me get my first rank 1 for an event. Couldn't have done it with out you all!!!!


Last edited by phamsean on Tue May 07, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maggot
☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-13
Posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 4:36 am



...Grats on another top ranking, ye basterd. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kalivon



Join date : 2013-05-07
Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 5:54 am

I'm a bit of a noob. Any chance you can give us noobs an insight on how to rank up that high? I assume lots and lots of packs but there must be more to it than throwing money at an event right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paveljevs
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-18
Posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 8:11 am

kalivon wrote:
I'm a bit of a noob. Any chance you can give us noobs an insight on how to rank up that high? I assume lots and lots of packs but there must be more to it than throwing money at an event right?

I'd say it depends on event type greatly, such as for training events like this tons of pots and active 6* allies prove to be more effective than buying packs for arrows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 am

Dont see how the reward change is a bad thing. Its for the better in fact. I have gotten a better tier reward thanks to the reward change. Why are you complaining about something good anyways :/.

I understand you will complain if you got less rewards than you supposed to but... now you got more and still complain? >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 9:50 am

saphion wrote:
Dont see how the reward change is a bad thing. Its for the better in fact. I have gotten a better tier reward thanks to the reward change. Why are you complaining about something good anyways :/.

I understand you will complain if you got less rewards than you supposed to but... now you got more and still complain? >.>

Economics.

If there are more reward units around, it means that the value of that unit is going to be lower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 10:03 am

But if you went from not getting a reward to getting a reward, who cares if the price is lower? Very Happy Manage to get the 5* from the event because it went from 500-800. Rather have a card of lower value compared to not having the card at all imo.

Low number of rewards people are not happy

High number of rewards people are still not happy... cant please them all i guess lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkenn
☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-16
Posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 am

Grats Phamsean! Love the Nix ldrs. It's quite a sight. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leosiu
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-08
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 am

phamsean,
Congrats and I wish you had a good time with fanta!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 10:29 am

Come, Nix, I clap for you Razz

_________________





What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldoaWillNotMove
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-07
Posts : 661

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 10:47 am

saphion wrote:
Dont see how the reward change is a bad thing. Its for the better in fact. I have gotten a better tier reward thanks to the reward change. Why are you complaining about something good anyways :/.

I understand you will complain if you got less rewards than you supposed to but... now you got more and still complain? >.>

This quote pretty much sums it up:
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 am

But there is no tragedy here. or do you deny that your reward has not improved from what it was supposed to be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-12-05
Posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 12:01 pm

saphion wrote:
But if you went from not getting a reward to getting a reward, who cares if the price is lower? Very Happy Manage to get the 5* from the event because it went from 500-800. Rather have a card of lower value compared to not having the card at all imo.

Low number of rewards people are not happy

High number of rewards people are still not happy... cant please them all i guess lol

When you're spending money to get something and then that something gets devalued, you won't be happy about it. If you were around during Xmas, you'll understand this. Sure, some more people got Debbie, but everyone else's devalued, including Creamy and Rouge since more people were able to pull them.

If you're number one in ranks, you don't really care about "not getting a reward to getting it". When Mobage/SS changes rules mid-event, it ends up screwing the people who were already in the ranks and had spent money. They've done this twice (that I know of) and many people have quit because of it.
Sure, event rules state that "blabla we can change difficulty/rewards without prior notice" but having that written doesn't mean everyone has to agree with that.

Ex. You spend $100 for a $120 reward, then it gets devalued to $70. Not cool.

I understand your point of view because yeah, many people were able to get better rewards, but the ones who were already going for the initial rewards got screwed. You say it's a good thing, pham says it's a bad thing. Both of you are correct, but it depends which end you're at: the "yay! More rewards for less money" or the "f*ck, all my money was devalued".

EDIT: Yeah, number typo.

_________________
- - - Embrace Reality - - -
kik: HellhoundR
Valkyrie Crusade: 2irja
----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile


Last edited by HoundR on Tue May 07, 2013 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zerhuu



Join date : 2013-04-14
Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Don't get Phamsean wrong in thinking that he wanted less people to get the card. However there was a larger incentive to climb the ranks for this event. If they had told us sooner we could have spent less resources and/or saved them for another event. I was rank 15 when they changed it and I may not have been there if I had known before. That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leosiu
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-08
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Zerhuu wrote:
Don't get Phamsean wrong in thinking that he wanted less people to get the card. However there was a larger incentive to climb the ranks for this event. If they had told us sooner we could have spent less resources and/or saved them for another event. I was rank 15 when they changed it and I may not have been there if I had known before. That is all.

Yes, indeed, it is exactly the same thing to me even I don't get Marjoram. I ranked 150 at the end and if I know Marjoram is top 100 prize in the very beginning, I won't sell my pots.

Edit: I have 200 trade pot and 50 p pot and I wasted 40 p pot for no good reason!


Last edited by leosiu on Tue May 07, 2013 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuan
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-19
Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Yeah, I'd have held off on buying packs til later too, but oh well. I still got Borage who is my first 6*.

On a lighter note, I was wondering what was with the Nix leads Very Happy Awesome.

Hope to see you around again, but breaking for IRL is a good plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-26
Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 1:01 pm

The nix was funny Very Happy I would change to nix but... he is buried past 1000 in my inbox >.<

_________________
My Albuming and Trading Corner

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Quote :
Ex. You spend $100 for a $120 reward, then it gets devalued to $700. Not cool.
Devalued to $700? o.o seems like the value increased to me... cool!

Quote :
but the ones who were already going for the initial rewards got screwed.
Rewards at all ranks improved if i am not wrong. Even Rank 1 got more than what was first advertised at the start. same for rank 2-10 and so on...

As a future counter-argument you may say that the drop of value may not justify the increase in rewards. if so why go for rank 1 in the first place? why not just maintain around rank 50 if you just wanted the 6* and let yourself fall to 100 and maintain there when the new notice appeared. Since technically if anyone wants to surpass you at that point they would (top 50s rank) they would have need to spent more money or pots than you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leosiu
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-08
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 1:21 pm

saphion wrote:
Quote :
Ex. You spend $100 for a $120 reward, then it gets devalued to $700. Not cool.
Devalued to $700? o.o seems like the value increased to me... cool!

Quote :
but the ones who were already going for the initial rewards got screwed.
Rewards at all ranks improved if i am not wrong. Even Rank 1 got more than what was first advertised at the start. same for rank 2-10 and so on...

As a future counter-argument you may say that the drop of value may not justify the increase in rewards. if so why go for rank 1 in the first place? why not just maintain around rank 50 if you just wanted the 6* and let yourself fall to 100 and maintain there when the new notice appeared. Since technically if anyone wants to surpass you at that point they would (top 50s rank) they would have need to spent more money or pots than you.

The problem is Fanta changed the rule DURING the event. The strategy in the very beginning and at the end are different, like this event, you need the event 5*/6* early and level up the monsters to get more BT such that you can rank. The spent resources were gone and what you can get is probably like more SSL for the top 10? Which....they sell like 3TE....I'm sure they won't spent that much more extra pots if the 6* reward is top 100. Who cares the 4* and 5* monster or even 5-10 extra soul stone....if you rank top 10 lol...

If there are 50 Marjoram, maybe she would worth ~2k (just guess) but now, there are 100 running around and I don't think she would worth 1.5k.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuan
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-19
Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 2:04 pm

I think the lesson to be learnt here is to not invest so heavily in a game like this. More people were positively affected by the change than negatively, while it sucks heavily for those negatively affected perhaps it is time for them to step back and review their priorities if it was that upsetting. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 pm

sure I get where the top players are coming from, but no matter how I look at it, Marjoram is still a top tier 6* and it's not like her price is at 100TE, she's still very very valuable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

.I'm sure they won't spent that much more extra pots if the 6* reward is top 100. Who cares the 4* and 5* monster or even 5-10 extra soul stone....if you rank top 10 lol...

I expected this argument to come out.. why rank top 10 in the first place if you think that 5-10 extra soulstones are not worth it... might as well remain at top 50 at the beginning. I am sure losing a couple of 4*s isnt much if you are willing to forsake soulstones...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tentacle Love
☆☆


Join date : 2013-05-01
Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Next time, let's have the entire top ten list in the battle arena field a team of 5 level 40 Nils on the last day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leosiu
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-08
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 5:31 pm

saphion wrote:
.I'm sure they won't spent that much more extra pots if the 6* reward is top 100. Who cares the 4* and 5* monster or even 5-10 extra soul stone....if you rank top 10 lol...

I expected this argument to come out.. why rank top 10 in the first place if you think that 5-10 extra soulstones are not worth it... might as well remain at top 50 at the beginning. I am sure losing a couple of 4*s isnt much if you are willing to forsake soulstones...

There is not only one single reason why someone wanna to rank top 10. My reason is only an economical one. Like Phamsean ranks coz this is going to be his last event.

The point is the the expectation on the value of the prize (which is investment) and the return. Yes, Fanta is just like the government and do whatever they want (technically speaking, the real world government cannot). So, the rich people can also choose to leave the country if it is not a good place to do business. The thing is you, as a player, can do nothing to their changing policy or amount of prize.

I benefited from the event, it was ~500 Agastache and I don't mind 300 more coz I'm not going to sell her. (well, my trading during the event make more than the value of all non-6* monsters given out in this event combined, so I just album them and let them sit in my inbox :p) It is not the point. The point is the rule is changed during the event. Think about those people who wanna to rank 50 and get Marjoram, their investment on every maybe ruined. In the very beginning of the event, Amuere worth 1.2k te and if someone went for her and the number of prize raised. Do you think he will be pissed off? I don't think it is good to consider in just a single viewpoint. I mean, I don't mind if there are more prize in the very beginning but change the rule during the event is bad (that's my only point, nothing more, nothing less). On the contrary, is it good for Fanta to reduce the prize in the middle of event to make the second hand price higher and such that all the rankers will be pleased?

To get a 5* or 6* is not such a problem as time goes by, you can buy a cheap middle range common 5* like Rose for 10-12TE pure if you get the right time. If you have the stray cat+m4*+some TE, you can get a ,Dermond for ~15TE in trade value, which could be done in less than a month for most new players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Congrats on your performance, phamsean!

Too bad, SOME players didn't want to join the NIX party....

So sad now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: INVASION OF NIX   Today at 11:15 am

Back to top Go down
 
INVASION OF NIX
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Invasion of the Star Creatures (1963)
» Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. (1966 UK)
» The Giant Spider Invasion (1975)
» Invasion of the Bee Girls (1973)
» Duelist Invasion Beta Test

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: