HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-23
Posts : 1919

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:07 am

LatinLegacy wrote:
laplacian wrote:
LatinLegacy wrote:
It's a risk/reward situation for me. Downing the dragon for a second time shot me up to 409 in rank which is still a ways off from 200. I could get a minimum 30 TE for Sonia but that would most likely not be enough for a run to 200. Especially if people end up doing what I think they will, which is burn the hell out of the elixirs they have on the last few hours of the event. Pretty much an all out sprint to the finish Smile.

@ElysianField - I am still looking for you. I know I saw them a day ago on a few peoples pages but I did not remember the asking price. I'll alert you in game as soon as I spot one within your asking price.

-LatinLegacy

I do think it will be pretty hard to get to the top 200 for you. Even if you play 8h a day from now on + the 30TE's.

I play almost 16 hours a day Smile. Having a supervisor job over a bunch of Net Admins has its benefits. Walking around with my iPad in hand telling them what to do lol. I continue to play once I am home while playing Borderlands 2. It's one of the reasons why I am as high as I am at the moment. The other reason is having awesome allies like ElysianField Smile. I'm still new though so I didn't go into the event having hundreds of Time Elixirs. In the future though, I will be more prepared for events like this one.

-LatinLegacy

count on Thousands TE for a top 10 place though

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 am

Yeah, it'll be a long while before I'll ever get to that point. Just doing well enough to net me a card or a good amount of premium tickets is good enough for me Smile. I will get better in time & will be a better ally for everyone to use.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laplacian



Join date : 2012-09-19
Posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 am

I personally don't ever see me scoring in the top 20s (or the brackets which give you the really awesome rewards). Mainly because I have to decide if I want to burn sick ammounts of TEs or just spend them on other good cards which are already out.
I mean 1000 TEs on nowadays market would get me ~5 good 5*s or even a 6*. So do I pick that or compete with guys who can easly throw in another 1k TEs to twart any of my attempts to get a piece of the good pie ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:45 am

It's a time vs convenience scenario with this game. Very few players will have both but that list will grow as the game grows with popularity. I'm a player with a lot of time to burn so for now, I can claw my way up the ladder & be able to walk away with something decent. At this point, it'll be the 5 premium tickets/elixirs or a 5* card. I have used only a handful of TE's that were received from the event itself & the login bonus. Having good allies is also a big help to get by the bosses faster.

Doing the math in my head though, I can see that it will take thousands of TE's to get into the top 10 at the least. As already mentioned by ElysianField. You are correct though laplacian. I've have seen 5* cards sell for really good TE prices & 6* cards are all over the place in terms of value. I am still learning & memorizing the tier level of each card though so I can't fully tell what is a good deal & what isn't at the moment. Some people will feel justified however spending that much TE on an event like this. Especially if they are being given a card that only a few people will ever have. So it'll all come down to what your motives are going into each event.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdelmundo



Join date : 2012-08-24
Posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 am

laplacian wrote:
I personally don't ever see me scoring in the top 20s (or the brackets which give you the really awesome rewards). Mainly because I have to decide if I want to burn sick ammounts of TEs or just spend them on other good cards which are already out.
I mean 1000 TEs on nowadays market would get me ~5 good 5*s or even a 6*. So do I pick that or compete with guys who can easly throw in another 1k TEs to twart any of my attempts to get a piece of the good pie ?

Going for an event prize really depends on what you have. If you have no 6*, then any 6* will be an upgrade -- the regular deck 6* cards are the most accessible. People who go for event prizes go for specific units with statistics not available from the average 6* units. The event units also offer unique skill/stat combinations that are often times very strong. Event units are also status symbols.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoire
Android Savior [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-19
Posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 am

Personally, I traded my Sonia away for TEs just to have that extra boost in case I need it. If I end up not using the TEs, I can always buy it back off of someone else, hopefully for a lower price ^ ^.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vanillaangel.deviantart.com
LatinLegacy



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 am

I'm waiting to see where I end up in the last few hours. I'll put Sonia up if I feel I have a chance to break into the top 200. I'm in the low 400's now with 2 days left. The final hours are going to be very intense Smile.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-23
Posts : 1919

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 am

LatinLegacy wrote:
I'm waiting to see where I end up in the last few hours. I'll put Sonia up if I feel I have a chance to break into the top 200. I'm in the low 400's now with 2 days left. The final hours are going to be very intense Smile.

-LatinLegacy

i'm buying sonia 50 TE each atm.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laplacian



Join date : 2012-09-19
Posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 am

ElysianField wrote:
LatinLegacy wrote:
I'm waiting to see where I end up in the last few hours. I'll put Sonia up if I feel I have a chance to break into the top 200. I'm in the low 400's now with 2 days left. The final hours are going to be very intense Smile.

-LatinLegacy

i'm buying sonia 50 TE each atm.

52379602 is selling her for 50TE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xionnguyen
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 am

Ugh spent 700 te got to rank 15 had to go work for 5 hours went down to 19 and they were nowhere near the region of 310k points
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:11 am

Quote :
i'm buying sonia 50 TE each atm.

Yeah, I saw that you are looking for Sonia's in game. I'm kind of weighing my options at the moment. I want to see where I'm sitting before I decide to part ways with Sonia. She is pretty much my best shot at having a 5* card at the moment. Which will be beneficial for me being someone with only 4* cards Razz. However, If I'm in the 200's by tomorrow & you're still looking for Sonia's, I will most likely take the risk as 50 TE's should put me over the hump & in the running for a Laura card Smile. You can kind of see my dilemma here. It's almost like a midlife crisis or something lol.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-23
Posts : 1919

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:07 pm

LatinLegacy wrote:
Quote :
i'm buying sonia 50 TE each atm.

Yeah, I saw that you are looking for Sonia's in game. I'm kind of weighing my options at the moment. I want to see where I'm sitting before I decide to part ways with Sonia. She is pretty much my best shot at having a 5* card at the moment. Which will be beneficial for me being someone with only 4* cards Razz. However, If I'm in the 200's by tomorrow & you're still looking for Sonia's, I will most likely take the risk as 50 TE's should put me over the hump & in the running for a Laura card Smile. You can kind of see my dilemma here. It's almost like a midlife crisis or something lol.

-LatinLegacy

i would say don't risk it.

what your facing with now is a win or Lose all.

if you do sell your sonia and use the TE and you end up having a few short because of last day burners. you will lose all your chances on a 5*

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zTrace



Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 pm

clock amazing work =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Got a question about this event.... will it introduce a new deck that is purchasable? Similar to the Witch Series. Been thinking about buying the Premium Mega Box as of late. I want to wait until the update though to see if any changes to it happens. A price drop would be nice! lol

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NapkinPower
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-13
Posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Last time there was not a new deck and I doubt there would be. Seems when they have a "sale" they just add "free" stuff along with the boxes instead of ever lowering the price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 pm

I think it would be better to wait then as I would want to get as much as I can out of my $30. Purchasing packs won't be an issue for me down the road. I crapped out a ton of cash on real life things as of late so I'm reluctant to spend any at the moment. I'm also hoping they have something in store for the holidays. I will make a killing on the packs at that point.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayden171



Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 pm

I noticed how Luce has a sizable decrease of strength to her as compared to Tullia as a unit, but it seems Tullia is just a better version of the Mermaid unit. I also already have more than enough units that have knock-back abilities, as in 60% of them. -_- Im debating what I should do, either keep Tullia or switch her for Luce... there's not enough time left for me to succeed my third lap of the tower ;-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
profile4
Tyrant of the End [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-14
Posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Rayden171 wrote:
I noticed how Luce has a sizable decrease of strength to her as compared to Tullia as a unit, but it seems Tullia is just a better version of the Mermaid unit. I also already have more than enough units that have knock-back abilities, as in 60% of them. -_- Im debating what I should do, either keep Tullia or switch her for Luce... there's not enough time left for me to succeed my third lap of the tower ;-;
It seems to be that Tullia is in the highest demand so I would keep her. Also as for turning them into units, I personally am keeping one of each as monsters since the units are mediocre. The sprites for the units are also rather lackluster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayden171



Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:35 pm

profile4 wrote:
Rayden171 wrote:
I noticed how Luce has a sizable decrease of strength to her as compared to Tullia as a unit, but it seems Tullia is just a better version of the Mermaid unit. I also already have more than enough units that have knock-back abilities, as in 60% of them. -_- Im debating what I should do, either keep Tullia or switch her for Luce... there's not enough time left for me to succeed my third lap of the tower ;-;
It seems to be that Tullia is in the highest demand so I would keep her. Also as for turning them into units, I personally am keeping one of each as monsters since the units are mediocre. The sprites for the units are also rather lackluster.
Hmm, so even the 5* aren't worth converting this time? Cause if that's the Case I might as well start enchanting them as monsters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Well, Tullia, Luce, and Benedetta are not 5*. Sonia and Laura are though.

If you don't own a 5*, Sonia might be a nice first choice if you can convert her. Laura's stats aren't too bad, if I recall correctly, and she's a lot more limited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayden171



Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Are the stats of the two still a little lacking compared to the normal ones? Sonia's got a desirable skill, but I feel like there are much stronger units out there than I could buy for...1 mil perhaps? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
profile4
Tyrant of the End [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-14
Posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Rayden171 wrote:
Are the stats of the two still a little lacking compared to the normal ones? Sonia's got a desirable skill, but I feel like there are much stronger units out there than I could buy for...1 mil perhaps? xD
You aren't going to get sht with just one mil luna unless it is 4*. Sonia is a solid mid tier 5*, and she is the perfect mummy swarm killer. That and her artwork make up for her common-ness imho. Laura has mid-high tier stats from what I have seen, but she is more than likely going to be QUITE expensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rayden171



Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Ah, I imagined so... better price check on some 5 stars then... well that settles it. I'll convert Sonia, but i'll be holding and training this monster Tullia of mine :3 Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curasa
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Rayden171 wrote:
Are the stats of the two still a little lacking compared to the normal ones? Sonia's got a desirable skill, but I feel like there are much stronger units out there than I could buy for...1 mil perhaps? xD


I'm kind of glad we get Sonia after floor 100 instead of Laura. I don't think Laura excels at much, other than her 15 cost.

And by the way, does the Recruitment begin right after the event? I can't remember if it was as soon as DT was over or not. Like, BAM even'ts over. Close the app for a few mins/hours. Then you open it up and you're able to start recruiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NapkinPower
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-13
Posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to Laura moreso than Sonia. Good overall damage (especially for the cost) and I'm a big fan of Slow...plus she becomes by far my best magic and air attack unit. I agree Sonia's definitely solid, though. Melee units that can hit air are hot and the AE is a definite bonus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]   Today at 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
 
[EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
 Similar topics
-
» [EVENT] Black Dragon Recruitment [Oct 5 - Oct 12]
» [EVENT] Black Dragon Castle [Sept 28 - Oct 5]
» Black Dragon's room
» [SCD New] Black Dragon Archfiend
» [INOV] Meteor Black Dragon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Current Events-
Jump to: