HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm usually one of the following two (Or both at the same time):

1) Informative
2) Blunt

Considering the 40 character limit, it's difficult not to be blunt simply due to the fact that it's a pain to type out long responses and have to edit them.

However, when people mistake being blunt for being rude or mean...well it's always fun to 'educate' them what 'mean/rude' really is... Twisted Evil

Unsurprisingly people prefer to talk to me when I'm the first or second, and not the hidden third one...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Sokku wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
This game have way too many lowballers.

More like no one on this game knows how to negotiate.

I bet 90% of these people that play this game walk into a car dealership and pay sticker price!

This.

There is no such thing as lowballing, only points of negotiation.

Well I take that back. I reserve lowballers for those who chronically do it and make laughable offers when they really should know better...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karmacappa
☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-19
Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:12 pm

leosiu wrote:
karmacappa, I have never done a duel with you. Probably I should find you and see what you're selling Smile

The same applies if you meet rude traders (like me probably :p), live with it. It is a part of the game and it is the same in our society, if you expect everyone will be nice to you, you won't feel good on the our society with thieves and stuff.

Hey, at least you are honest about it. It's not necessarily the behavior itself that is the problem, it is the fact that people try to portray themselves as some kind of saint.

I try not to trade too often because I am driven to make most deals equitable for all parties. That means I rarely make a dime. I view trading less as an avenue to take people's money than to trade one commodity for another of equal value that is more useful for my specific purposes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-13
Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Or you can deal with me where I don't care to value anyone's cards very high due to the fact that I'll be eating them anyways :-) (Lvl. 40 4*s, m4*s,m5*s, m6*s (Alex only atm) )


_________________
Before you get started, please read the Forum Policies & Information | 6* List: Fenrir. 5* For Sale: None ATM

Back to top Go down
View user profile
leosiu
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-08
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:01 am

karmacappa wrote:
Hey, at least you are honest about it. It's not necessarily the behavior itself that is the problem, it is the fact that people try to portray themselves as some kind of saint.

I try not to trade too often because I am driven to make most deals equitable for all parties. That means I rarely make a dime. I view trading less as an avenue to take people's money than to trade one commodity for another of equal value that is more useful for my specific purposes.

I have to agree with you, some people tried to portray themselves as saint! This is the 6* player's fault, they should be nice, why they do not take a mixed traded? They can resell the cards and get the TE! Stuff like that....I have had so much....I mean, it is a game of desire, one has to be, at the end of the day, honest to one's desire.

I'm no Saint, I trade for making profit. Technically speaking, I don't agree with you coz trading itself is the mean to make the goods (or cards and TE/pot/SS here) go to the right person. So, trading by itself, is to make good use of the goods (like if you have a Moni, you don't need 2 if you drew 1 more) and the goods value may fluctuate. So, we convert the goods into a currency, which is TE in our game. Say if a fresh Moni worth 180 TE, if you have a Moni already, 180TE has a higher value than a fMoni to you. But for a 5* player, 180TE is not as useful as a Moni coz the TE he has cannot be fully utilized (weaker team compared to 6*). So, a 5* player should value Moni more than 180TE. What I wanna to say here is, value is different to different person. Someone wanna to get fast TE and sell cheap, someone wanna to get unit without waiting and so give a better than book value offer. etc

To me, you're a good guy and I love to trade with good guys. At least, I like to see good people to win instead of mean and bad people to rank higher. I bought a cheap Manny during arena (he is a kind person btw) and that player got pure TE which would definitely help him to spend less to rank. So, good people will have good karma!!! It is not because he sell cheap, he told me like what is going to do and very friendly. So, it is always good, I mean, to help a kind person. (indeed I was the person who need his help XD) So, I'm rude and I know what my karma will be XD. In fact, I'm not that rude if you don't lowball me intentionally Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:41 am

vitamin99 wrote:


haha, this topic just reminded me that i once mistaken you as the rudest player i have possibly ever encountered. remember the time that you blocked me somehow right after you asked for my offer on your Zande? i literally sat there for a minute trying to wrap my head around this. But in the end i bought your Zande and everyone was happy Laughing


Yeah, that was when a lot of people got blocked by the system error.

I am still proudly the lowest price selling of Zandes =)
And I sell lv 1~30 units as if they are fresh.

Just pulled a Thrain and started selling for 10TE, and level him at the same time.
At the end I sold it for 10Te with a Mona and Annie tagged along, when it reached lv31.

It's just a game, I don't mind selling for a bit lower, and I don't say nty, because if I tell the other party why I don't want to accept the trade, sometimes we can reach a common ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-12-05
Posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:59 am

leosiu wrote:


I'm no Saint, I trade for making profit.

I don't even hesitate, I also trade for profit. There's a reason why I have lots of 5*s instead of 6*s right now. But I also try to sell to the people who really need the units, that way I get my TE and the other person gets the unit they want. I bought a Sleipnir Just to help someone who was trying to get her with Ivy+. I have no need for Ivy, but I had the TE and was in a helping mood, so why not help? Razz

BkWiz wrote:


Well I take that back. I reserve lowballers for those who chronically do it and make laughable offers when they really should know better...

I spend a lot of time on the RCR looking for good offers, and I already know a lot of people who can be called "lowballers". They always offer crap for good units... and by crap I mean compared to the things they are trying to get. (I won't post the usual offers, but you can picture it like this: "Max Fiona+10 TE for Lev" or "mDorothea for fManfred")

I usually try to help people with prices (sure, everyone has different ones, but I try to give fair prices for units) because this community is awesome (or most of it... at least on the forum) and I want to make this game more enjoyable for everyone. I've participated in some auctions lately just to help people, even when I don't need said units. I also try to raise bids a little so the auctioner gets a good deal because f*ck people who try to get 6*s with 10 TE. Of course, I only do this with units I'd be willing to buy if my bid ends up being the highest one. I'm not on the 4* market anymore, but I recently bought a Caym just to help with the auction.

I remember helping someone get Manfred back when he was more expensive because another Manfred owner was overpricing AND talking crap to someone who was offering a fair, PURE TE trade. Sure, I lost some TE, but helping that person and showing the other Manf owner that treating other people like that won't get you anywhere made it worthwhile.
Watching people "grow" (I can't find a better term, sorry xD) so they can get the units they want is cool, and I always try to remember I was once in their shoes. You don't start with a good amount of TE or with awesome units... unless you have extremely good luck, of course.

And just to add a little to my post, because I love this topic: You can't blame me for laughing a little when I got a "Zhao Yun for Cuniculus and Manfred" offer, right? Very Happy

_________________
- - - Embrace Reality - - -
kik: HellhoundR
Valkyrie Crusade: 2irja
----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:05 am

As an example: if moni is worth 180 TE and both parties agree to it dont see whats wrong with offering moni+20TE for a 200TE value card. Why insist on pure TE or the person to sell it for pure TE and give you the TE? Why not take it and sell it yourself... No difference in my opinion. In the end its the same Deal 200TE value for a card you priced at 200TE. Dont see the need to do "pure TE only", especially in a market situation like this... Its not a loss, in fact for the seller he is exposing himself to more deals, instead of waiting a long time for a pure TE offer.

In short what i am saying is not to shoot down offers or laugh at them because they have cards you dont like but rather try to get the person to add to your value or suggest how to improve instead of calling people lowball or troll.


Quote :
"Max Fiona+10 TE for Lev" or "mDorothea for fManfred"

What i can suggest when you get this is say that lev is <price of Lev in TE> while your offer is <price of lev+10TE>, you are short of <difference in price>TE please add this amount or i cant work with this.

e.g. price of lev is 40TE your offer of max fiona and 10TE is 25TE please add 15TE more (as an example only never pc'd or dealt with lev before)

same with doro for manfred.. give suggestions instead of cursing and yelling lowball at offers

In the zhaoyun for cuni+manfred, maybe you should not scoff at the offer and suggest what you can do with that offer e.g. say u cant do both but can do 1:1 with either of them or Zhaoyun+??? TE for both.

Or you can simply ask this: my price for this card is 50TE. How does your offer add up to 50TE can you explain? giving the buyer a chance to explain his offer

At least this is good trading etiquette and manners i believe. instead of just calling lowball or acting rudely


Last edited by saphion on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:18 am

you're missing a very important element of trading

TIME
the time it takes to trade away the "junk" lowballers offer you

for example: no one would take Fiona as 10TE value in a mixed trade and I don't blame them
on the other hand, the Moni deal example sounds fair
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 am

Hmm so you dont consider the time taken waiting for a pure TE trade as loss time? seen people taking weeks trying to find a pure TE offer, you dont consider it as loss time?

Pretty sure if you compare the time of selling mixed and the time of waiting for a pure sale, selling mixed is faster ._.

Take my xiaoqiao as an example. I got that thing sold in less than a day for 34TE by accepting a mixed trade. How long do you think i need to wait to find a person willing to pay 34TE up front for a xiao qiao?

Also i dont know why must everyone convert EVERYTHING they own into pure TE? cant just keep it and use it as an offer? e.g. take fiona and use it as an offer to someone else? Might not be valuable to a person who has a 6* but maybe u can sell or trade it with a person as his/her first 5*?

same as doro. Most 6*s dont want a doro since its low tier, but who says u cant sell it to a 5* player who wouldnt mind a doro as his first 6*? pretty sure there are still many people without 5*s or 6*s and wouldnt mind lower tier ones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-12-05
Posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 am

saphion wrote:


What i can suggest when you get this is say that lev is <price of Lev in TE> while your offer is <price of lev+10TE>, you are short of <difference in price>TE please add this amount or i cant work with this.
...
In the zhaoyun for cuni+manfred, maybe you should not scoff at the offer and suggest what you can do with that offer e.g. say u cant do both but can do 1:1 with either of them or Zhaoyun+??? TE for both.
...
At least this is good trading etiquette and manners i believe. instead of just calling lowball or acting rudely

Just to get the facts straight: Lev goes for 70-100 depending on the level. I used him in my example because he's the most expensive regular 5* atm

As I said before, I usually deal with low offers, and you can't always respond with "your offer is xTE-value" because, as it has been said before, everyone has different prices on their units, and, this is from experience only, when you do it, people get defensive about their prices even when you are being honest. I've never been rude when declining offers, my worst answer is a simple "nty".

I've never called anyone lowballer directly, the way I handled the Zhao Yun trade was: "really? nty". I don't think that's rude, but if I spend some time on the RCR and if I see someone lowballing lots of people, I won't bother explaining prices because that person is clearly a lowballer. (considering the person's level, join date, and pretty much every other stat that can help. If I see him/her offering different units on other people's walls, I know s/he's trying to fool someone)

_________________
- - - Embrace Reality - - -
kik: HellhoundR
Valkyrie Crusade: 2irja
----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:50 am

I am not saying that anyone here is a rude trader and i mentioned in my post i have no idea of levs price and was just giving an example.


Just saying that it would be nice to give suggestions on how to improve an offer, whats wrong with it and if he needs to add, how much to make it work. If both parties cant agree then just walk away peacefully.

Constructive criticism (e.g. you are short of 10TE or i dont want this card can you change it?) > unhelpful replies (e.g. "lowball offer" or "nty" etc...) you get my point.

There is more than 1 copy of any card as i said earlier unless its faith or hippo monster or something similar

Sellers perspective:
If someone doesnt meet your price, give suggestions how to improve or what you want changed because of whatever reasons or just decline politely, If the price is right there is definitely more than 1 buyer. Rather than being known as a bad/impatient/obnoxious trader
Customer service is always important since many people are selling the same card

Buyer perspective:
There is more than 1 seller! customer service matters! If the offer is reasonable, there will be someone willing to take it up. Dont be discourage by 1 or 2 people saying nty or your offer is bad. Be patient and look around more! you may find the seller you are looking for
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:50 am

saphion wrote:
Hmm so you dont consider the time taken waiting for a pure TE trade as loss time? seen people taking weeks trying to find a pure TE offer, you dont consider it as loss time?

Pretty sure if you compare the time of selling mixed and the time of waiting for a pure sale, selling mixed is faster ._.

Take my xiaoqiao as an example. I got that thing sold in less than a day for 34TE by accepting a mixed trade. How long do you think i need to wait to find a person willing to pay 34TE up front for a xiao qiao?

Also i dont know why must everyone convert EVERYTHING they own into pure TE? cant just keep it and use it as an offer? e.g. take fiona and use it as an offer to someone else? Might not be valuable to a person who has a 6* but maybe u can sell or trade it with a person as his/her first 5*?

same as doro. Most 6*s dont want a doro since its low tier, but who says u cant sell it to a 5* player who wouldnt mind a doro as his first 6*? pretty sure there are still many people without 5*s or 6*s and wouldnt mind lower tier ones

Look at it like this.
If you have a more popular unit(that is why it is worth more TE), it is more likely that you can sell the unit in a shorter period of time.
But if you get an unwanted unit, it might sound like it is worth a certain amount of TE in the market, but it might as well be because no one is willing to buy the unit, and that price is not going anywhere.

Unwanted units are unwanted for different reasons, the 2 major reasons are poor art and poor stats. Usually even if you are willing to sell it for less, it is still going to take more time finding people willing to buy it.
Take Fiona as an example, the only people that are likely to want it are new players with certain amount of 4*s instead of TE. You can maybe get 2 max 4* from them, then you need to sell the 2 4*s. Worse is that they know the price, and try to offer you a max LE 4*, in which the market price is pretty much the same as Fiona. Even if you get max 4*s, which is around 4~5TE in the market, it is not easy to sell them for TE, and it is not really easy to trade them for 6* either.
Fiona is not even fitted for the next melee Arena, so it will be pretty hard to talk people into buying her.
I'd rather lower my pure TE price, than to get an unwanted unit, and ended up getting less TE after all the hassle trying to sell it.

I will accept mixed trades, don't take me wrong, but it does take more time and more risk involved in doing this, than to simply lower the price a little.

Yes, customer service is important, and if I want to sell something, I'd try to get the deal my negotiation. However, that does not mean I don't have preferences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 am

MythSearcher wrote:
Look at it like this.
If you have a more popular unit(that is why it is worth more TE), it is more likely that you can sell the unit in a shorter period of time.

Agree! hence the higher value! but the problem is no one has the TE to pay for it esp pure >.< Do a survey in your allies and clan(if applicable) and you will see what i mean :p

Quote :
Take Fiona as an example....

LOL arguably the hardest 5* to sell :/ Feeder fiona anyone? Surprised

Quote :

but it does take more time and more risk involved in doing this, than to simply lower the price a little.

Dont really understand this bit.. what risk are you talking about? If you count the time when you first advertise the card to the time you get a pure TE offer VS. the time you take to receive a mix offer and sell it all for TE, i believe the latter will prevail since if the card is popular you will get a mixed offer almost instantly so i disagree about the taking more time part.


Quote :
that does not mean I don't have preferences.

I understand that too everyone has their likes and dislikes. This is kind of a sweeping statement and is not referring to you directly but it would be nice if people would state their likes and dislikes during a trade instead of just saying nty..

e.g. an offer of fiona+10TE
a good reply will be "like the TE but dislike fiona. can swap fiona?" instead of nty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:10 am

saphion wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:
but it does take more time and more risk involved in doing this, than to simply lower the price a little.

Dont really understand this bit.. what risk are you talking about? If you count the time when you first advertise the card to the time you get a pure TE offer VS. the time you take to receive a mix offer and sell it all for TE, i believe the latter will prevail since if the card is popular you will get a mixed offer almost instantly so i disagree about the taking more time part.

The risk is that if the price further dropped because of unforeseen reasons, for example, little people foresee the great 5* price drop in Jan~March.

A popular unit is likely to maintain its value in most of the situations, I am not talking about the absolute value, but the relative value in the market.(a good example would be regular 5* price vs max 4* price is mostly kept at 3:1)
But the longer you hold on to a regular non-LE unit, the more likely it will devalue.(more in the market from card packs, and LE units become rarer and have higher value over time)

The longer it takes, and the more unwanted inventory you have, the more likely you will hit some kind of unforeseen reason. That is the risk I am talking about.

Even if you don't have any unforeseen reasons, the devaluation of a regular 5* and 6* is going to be greater than LEs.

Quote :

I understand that too everyone has their likes and dislikes. This is kind of a sweeping statement and is not referring to you directly but it would be nice if people would state their likes and dislikes during a trade instead of just saying nty..

e.g. an offer of fiona+10TE
a good reply will be "like the TE but dislike fiona. can swap fiona?" instead of nty

Yeah, like I said earlier, I don't reply nty, just because I have more chance of getting a deal when I try to negotiate.

I know you are not referring to me, I am just saying the risk involved in such trades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:28 am

Quote :

The risk is that if the price further dropped because of unforeseen reasons, for example, little people foresee the great 5* price drop in Jan~March.

The way that people react now its as if prices is gonna drop from 20TE to 1TE within the next hour... Sure prices are gonna drop, anyone can see that. but no one asked you to take the trade, hold on to them for a month or 2, then sell them.

Clear out stock immediately within the next hour or 2.

In my xiaoqiao example i converted everything to TE within an hour max.

At our current market situation the next price drop will probably happen next month with the release of new stepups and reprint DBs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:14 am

saphion wrote:
Quote :

The risk is that if the price further dropped because of unforeseen reasons, for example, little people foresee the great 5* price drop in Jan~March.

The way that people react now its as if prices is gonna drop from 20TE to 1TE within the next hour... Sure prices are gonna drop, anyone can see that. but no one asked you to take the trade, hold on to them for a month or 2, then sell them.

Clear out stock immediately within the next hour or 2.

In my xiaoqiao example i converted everything to TE within an hour max.

At our current market situation the next price drop will probably happen next month with the release of new stepups and reprint DBs

I'd say it is very hard to predict during this event.
This event is giving out 9TE and 9Pot to any account that is willing to spend time in it.
(20000pts is not that hard to achieve)
So the market will have a surplus of TE.
However, at the same time, there will be a few very rare 5* and 6* coming out, so rich players will want to get their hands on them.
I estimate the whole server gets around 100 Lys(including a 0.2% rate from tickets and 8 from rank, from around 45~50k tickets, 4~5 per active player, which is around 10k in this event from the day's ending 0 pts rank) This is like 500~1.2k TE 6*.
Rosie is 30+around 0.5~2% from tickets, so that will be around 300~1000, so she will be a 50~100TE 5*, more likely around 80TE.
And 10k player with 9TE +9 Pot, about equivalent to 13.5TE, thats 13500 TE in total, but we are still pretty short compared to the new units(These can just pay for all the Lys?)
Rich players are likely to just buy more TE for their units, but some are saving up for later events, so the market is very likely to have a stir for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thearm05
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-28
Posts : 327

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:38 am

It isn't about the majority of 6* players being rude it is that they each have their own goal to achieve and the easiest road to that is usually trading pure TE.

For example I am looking to eventually buy an Aragon. I have about the value of her in a handful of 6*s that I own. The only way I can buy her would be with pure TE or with a desirable LE 6* + TE. Everytime I get offered multiple 5*s for my 6*s I decline because I already have 5*s that I have been trying to sell for a while and can't.

Also people need to stop feeling like they are entitled to a trade if their offer is good or if they are overpaying with mix trades. The person selling has every right to decline your trade for whatever reason they feel like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:24 am

Thinking of which, this is like human economy development.
In the beginning, people are happy with trading goods, but after a while, people like to have a currency, so they started making gold coins and silver coins.

TE and Potions are pretty much like this, they are based on a more fixed value, since they have certain function and can be bought with real currency(so their value are kept, kinda like gold and silver)
Luna cannot serve the same purpose since it is created virtually from nothing. you get billions of it created each day, and there's little way to use it in any regular game play. So inflation took over and devalue luna.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 am

Quote :

Also people need to stop feeling like they are entitled to a trade if their offer is good or if they are overpaying with mix trades. The person selling has every right to decline your trade for whatever reason they feel like.

But i am guessing that people get angry, hence rude, when a seller makes a big fuss about their offer, e.g. this is not good that is not good and ends up accepting an another player's offer that is much lesser than their own without any fuss whatsoever.

Something that i encountered personally a month or so back

- near max manfred
- 50TE
- Nina

for cecilia... seller made a long time to decide and doesnt like the offer...

Seller got offered 450++ TE and said deal without any questions asked.. just like that.. I am guessing that some people will end up cursing the seller because of this. Even I dont know what is he thinking. Pretty sure if he is after TE he could get way more from my offer compared to just taking 450TE up front. Oh well thats trades in fantasica for you. Highly illogical and based on TE


Or simply put in your example of aragon. Lets say you have someone selling aragon at say... 800TE. You know full well that you offered a mix that can sell for at least 900TE. Seller nitpicks about your offer and accepts a 750 TE offer without even the slightest bit of hesistation, would that cause you to be mad? maybe not to the extent of cursing and spamming his wall but you would feel unfair right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thearm05
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-28
Posts : 327

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:11 am

saphion wrote:

Or simply put in your example of aragon. Lets say you have someone selling aragon at say... 800TE. You know full well that you offered a mix that can sell for at least 900TE. Seller nitpicks about your offer and accepts a 750 TE offer without even the slightest bit of hesistation, would that cause you to be mad? maybe not to the extent of cursing and spamming his wall but you would feel unfair right?

Uh no I wouldn't be mad. If the seller said selling Aragon LF PURE TE why would I be mad that he did not take my offer? He stated what he was looking for and I offered something completely different. It is like offering to buy a big house with a small house and a nice car instead of money. It isn't what the person is looking for and you have to respect that.

Even in the Cecilia example you gave. The value was good but the person was debating whether he could flip the Nina and Manfred for TE in a reasonable time. Selling Nina/Manf for cheap is easy enough, getting the actual value in pure is much much more difficult. So instead of trying for a long time to find buyers for Nina and Manf he just took the much easier and much more appealing pure offer because it was what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-26
Posts : 743

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 am

saphion wrote:
As an example: if moni is worth 180 TE and both parties agree to it dont see whats wrong with offering moni+20TE for a 200TE value card. Why insist on pure TE or the person to sell it for pure TE and give you the TE? Why not take it and sell it yourself... No difference in my opinion. In the end its the same Deal 200TE value for a card you priced at 200TE. Dont see the need to do "pure TE only", especially in a market situation like this... Its not a loss, in fact for the seller he is exposing himself to more deals, instead of waiting a long time for a pure TE offer.

There are a few cards that I own that I would turn down offers for when similar to your Monica case.

Say I own Monica and would like TE for her. At the same time she is useful to me as a magic type. So I keep her until I get a TE offer that I like. If I never get the TE offer that I am looking for, then I have no problem keeping her. I would rather keep her than have 20TE and a card I don't want.

I guess my point is that it's not always about getting the same value [or even more value] for cards, but also usefulness, attractiveness, rarity, market trends, and probably more variables...

saphion wrote:
Or simply put in your example of aragon. Lets say you have someone selling aragon at say... 800TE. You know full well that you offered a mix that can sell for at least 900TE. Seller nitpicks about your offer and accepts a 750 TE offer without even the slightest bit of hesistation, would that cause you to be mad? maybe not to the extent of cursing and spamming his wall but you would feel unfair right?

Same applies here, imo. Even though I haven't dealt with deals that expensive.
I think your examples are a bit vague and don't include everything that may be involved in trades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leosiu
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-08
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Arh....something get back to some of the topic I posted about the in-game economy and maybe I give a short summary on the related stuff here:

1) Some rankers need TE and TE only (they have a good team and good spare units, during arena, you need TE but not additional cards)
2) Resell takes time which rankers do not want to spend during arena/tower.
3) Price of cards are relative but 1TE is always 1TE. That's why we price our stuff in TE but not 4* or 5*. (again, if I buy random 4* with luna, I will say no Django please, even if he is a 4*)
4) Taking card offer is taking the risk of card devaluation (all about card influx and net TE flow in system), if you don't take premium when you take mixed offer, you're taking a higher risk or technically, the interest of sitting with the card but you cannot do another investment with TE. (some people may not take card offer)
5) Some people like a card more than another even if they are similar in price (like Lana/WWU/Oliver, I like Lana the most).

I tried to make everything simple and understandable, hopefully it is clear to you guys! This is all about economy like in real word. Try not to reject or deny it, how we, human behave created the economy as a whole, it is true in our world as well as in game.

It seems like it is getting off topic.....why 6* people can be so rude....again....if you were lowballed like 10-20 times a day....you will become rude....

In a bar, if a hot gal brush you off, it is just because she is hot! She will not be nice to 10-20 guys every night who asked her to get laid with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-12-05
Posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:01 pm

leosiu wrote:
Arh....something get back to some of the topic I posted about the in-game economy and maybe I give a short summary on the related stuff here:

1) Some rankers need TE and TE only (they have a good team and good spare units, during arena, you need TE but not additional cards)
2) Resell takes time which rankers do not want to spend during arena/tower.
3) Price of cards are relative but 1TE is always 1TE. That's why we price our stuff in TE but not 4* or 5*. (again, if I buy random 4* with luna, I will say no Django please, even if he is a 4*)
4) Taking card offer is taking the risk of card devaluation (all about card influx and net TE flow in system), if you don't take premium when you take mixed offer, you're taking a higher risk or technically, the interest of sitting with the card but you cannot do another investment with TE. (some people may not take card offer)
5) Some people like a card more than another even if they are similar in price (like Lana/WWU/Oliver, I like Lana the most).

I tried to make everything simple and understandable, hopefully it is clear to you guys! This is all about economy like in real word. Try not to reject or deny it, how we, human behave created the economy as a whole, it is true in our world as well as in game.

It seems like it is getting off topic.....why 6* people can be so rude....again....if you were lowballed like 10-20 times a day....you will become rude....

In a bar, if a hot gal brush you off, it is just because she is hot! She will not be nice to 10-20 guys every night who asked her to get laid with.

^ Ditto

_________________
- - - Embrace Reality - - -
kik: HellhoundR
Valkyrie Crusade: 2irja
----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Let's do something fun.

Market Price

Banana - 50TE
Lemon - 20TE
Tomato - 30TE


I have a Banana and I want to sell it for 50TE pure. Someone offered me a Lemon and a Tomato which is equal to the price of the banana. I would be a very stupid seller if I take the deal. I would ask for extra 5-10TE before I accept the trade. Why would I be so stupid on giving my Banana away while taking only an equal value trade? If I downgrade my Banana to a Lemon and a Tomato, it gives me more work on selling it and it also doubled my time.

This is why I don't like many people who don't understand card flipping and call card flippers as low ballers.

If I give you something you want, you should also give me something I want. That's what we call trading. We may not be trading our cards often but we are all still trading resources. I am aware that it's a trading card game but this game has currency and TE is treated like gold.

On the other hand, we should all just say "nty" to offers we don't need. It takes away any arguments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?    Today at 1:57 am

Back to top Go down
 
6* people can be so rude? Bad offer experiences?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» People who donated to the March/April fund raiser for Urth
» this funny Indian people
» Hey, people! Here I am! Vanesa, from Argentina!
» Are creative people the new peasants?
» How did people smell in the 1800s?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: