HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Card Artists

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
twilightschism
☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-23
Posts : 245

PostSubject: Card Artists   Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Who else likes one artists card art more than another? It would be amazing if we could search for cards by their artists!

So far who are your favorite card artists and the cards they made?

Shinjyu Hoshi is the artist of Hannah and Clarissa. I love his more realistic drawing style. These two cards really standout compared to the other cards in the Gem event
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeathGU1Se
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 824

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 pm

I prefer Mitsukimi who drew the ROTK units, Valentines Units, and Hugues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schdawn
☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-18
Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Two out of my 5 most used cards, Edwin and Druj (the one in my avatar), are drawn by Matsumune You, so I guess he's my favourite. I like the way he uses a lot of color but still manage to control the overall balance. (Manfreed's armor and Zande's cloth look gorgeous!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tashego
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-20
Posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:34 pm

All of my favorite cards are drawn by miso. I love the art style of cards like Xmas Francois, Liz and Dana. I don't really have much reason to my opinion other than that I think that they are adorable/pretty cards ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phazerp89
☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-03
Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:56 am

I thought there would be a thread about this already, but I couldn't find much in a quick search. Here's a page with some links to some of the artists' sites if anyone's interested: http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/web/bbs_view.php?pid=1163062&bcode=fantasica&cat=001
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:02 am

If you noticed, there's always a pattern in how Hideo Minaba draws the Fantasica units. Just look... AT THE EYES!!!

Miso likes to draw cute stuff.

_________________





What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-26
Posts : 743

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:37 am

It would be awesome if we could have an English list of all the artists and the cards they've done. I would put some work into this myself, but I know there are others that would do a better job. Maybe I will anyway.. xD

twilightschism wrote:
Shinjyu Hoshi is the artist of Hannah and Clarissa. I love his more realistic drawing style. These two cards really standout compared to the other cards in the Gem event

He also did Ivy. A good artist, no doubt, but not a fan. =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maggot
☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-13
Posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:58 am

Mitsukimi, personally i think Hideo (the original adverted artist) is the least impressive of the folks. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ilyere
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-25
Posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:02 am

Mitsukumi drew all the RotTK units? Well then, he's my favourite. *points to signature*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuan
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-19
Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 am

I honestly really like Hideo's art, but it's definitely overwhelmed by the other artists in the game. Kiki is quite beautiful regardless.

I don't think I have a favorite artist quite yet, that'll probably change with time though~.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twilightschism
☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-23
Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:28 am

Cam wrote:
It would be awesome if we could have an English list of all the artists and the cards they've done. I would put some work into this myself, but I know there are others that would do a better job. Maybe I will anyway.. xD

twilightschism wrote:
Shinjyu Hoshi is the artist of Hannah and Clarissa. I love his more realistic drawing style. These two cards really standout compared to the other cards in the Gem event

He also did Ivy. A good artist, no doubt, but not a fan. =p

Ivy is hideous and Clarissa's face creeps me out a little (not sure why, but the feeling is worst when staring at her thumbnail photo); however, Hannah is drop dead gorgeous! I'm a fan just because of her.

I think overall my favorite artist would be Issei Kutsuzawa. He did the demon tower and Valhalla units. Blad and Garm are so bada$$. Gloria is pretty and her sprite is just adorable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:39 am

twilightschism wrote:
Cam wrote:
It would be awesome if we could have an English list of all the artists and the cards they've done. I would put some work into this myself, but I know there are others that would do a better job. Maybe I will anyway.. xD

twilightschism wrote:
Shinjyu Hoshi is the artist of Hannah and Clarissa. I love his more realistic drawing style. These two cards really standout compared to the other cards in the Gem event

He also did Ivy. A good artist, no doubt, but not a fan. =p

Ivy is hideous and Clarissa's face creeps me out a little (not sure why, but the feeling is worst when staring at her thumbnail photo); however, Hannah is drop dead gorgeous! I'm a fan just because of her.

I think overall my favorite artist would be Issei Kutsuzawa. He did the demon tower and Valhalla units. Blad and Garm are so bada$$. Gloria is pretty and her sprite is just adorable.
that atrist is just good in drawing half-human, half-creature units.

_________________





What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldoaWillNotMove
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-07
Posts : 661

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 pm

phazerp89 wrote:
I thought there would be a thread about this already, but I couldn't find much in a quick search. Here's a page with some links to some of the artists' sites if anyone's interested: http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/web/bbs_view.php?pid=1163062&bcode=fantasica&cat=001

Looking at some of the artists' pixiv pages and thier websites, they've made some damn good stuff.
My favorites are APT (Who drew Anne), Kyoka Hatori ( Who drew Norma) and chatalaw (who drew Ridill).

A fair bit of warning though to people who are going to check out 雛咲(WWu's artist)(Saki chick if Google Translate is correct)'s pixiv page, there is quite a few NSFW artwork there.

Also, where could I find more of Issei Kutsuzawa's work? He wasn't listed on the page and I thought his designs was some of the best in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BraveDemon



Join date : 2013-01-28
Posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Psh... how is this even a contest?

Miso > Apt > Kutsuzawa > all others >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chatalaw. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twilightschism
☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-23
Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:26 pm

GoldoaWillNotMove wrote:
phazerp89 wrote:
I thought there would be a thread about this already, but I couldn't find much in a quick search. Here's a page with some links to some of the artists' sites if anyone's interested: http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/web/bbs_view.php?pid=1163062&bcode=fantasica&cat=001

Looking at some of the artists' pixiv pages and their websites, they've made some damn good stuff.
My favorites are APT (Who drew Anne), Kyoka Hatori ( Who drew Norma) and chatalaw (who drew Ridill).

A fair bit of warning though to people who are going to check out 雛咲(WWu's artist)(Saki chick if Google Translate is correct)'s pixiv page, there is quite a few NSFW artwork there.

Also, where could I find more of Issei Kutsuzawa's work? He wasn't listed on the page and I thought his designs was some of the best in the game.

chatalaw and apt drew some gorgeous stuff. please tell me chatalaw's aether character will be turned into a fanta card. It is so beautiful.
Here's the character:
Spoiler:
 
If anyone wants to see chatalaw's works check out http://chata.ehoh.net/. I got the website from the above link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charmmychu881



Join date : 2012-12-11
Posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 pm

miso & apt seem to be my favourites~ i really love their styles!

ooh yeah and i also really love issei kutsuzawa because of the beautiful 4* gloria & dorothy cards. i had to have those two once i saw them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schdawn
☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-18
Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Maggot wrote:
i think Hideo (the original adverted artist) is the least impressive of the folks. Suspect
I think Minaba Hideo is impressive when he draw something with a nose (like Solar)
http://image02.w.livedoor.jp/f/a/fantasica/14c7c7c8ade1616b5c1b.jpg
I like the small detail he put in the charactor's clothing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phazerp89
☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-03
Posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm busy (and lazy) these days but I'll compile a list of artists and their sites, if any, some time eventually... Assuming there isn't one by then.

Started playing because of Minaba Hideo (played FFT), but yeah, definitely prefer the other "modern"-ish art.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nakuai
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-11
Posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:19 am

for me it's definitely APT(Liz, Marybell, Lana) then Kutsuzawa(Fenrir, both Glorias) and then miso (Alvida)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brokenluckx3
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-13
Posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Artist should be a column on the spreadsheet ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SonicAria
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-10
Posts : 655

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:56 pm

I think I like apt, miso, & hinasaki the most though there are others that I'm in love with. (Couldn't find artist for Diana, I'd add them in a heartbeat >.<)
@ Brokenluck agreed, I'd love for us to be able to see which artist drew our favorite cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

twilightschism wrote:

chatalaw and apt drew some gorgeous stuff. please tell me chatalaw's aether character will be turned into a fanta card. It is so beautiful.
Here's the character:
Spoiler:
 
If anyone wants to see chatalaw's works check out http://chata.ehoh.net/. I got the website from the above link.

I don't know, chatalaw's art somehow is creepy to me.
Most are so gender neutral and even the ones that are very feminine in dressing have like overly contrasted in details and have a gothic look.

Ridill is extremely creepy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twilightschism
☆☆


Join date : 2013-03-23
Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:04 pm

MythSearcher wrote:
twilightschism wrote:

chatalaw and apt drew some gorgeous stuff. please tell me chatalaw's aether character will be turned into a fanta card. It is so beautiful.
Here's the character:
Spoiler:
 
If anyone wants to see chatalaw's works check out http://chata.ehoh.net/. I got the website from the above link.

I don't know, chatalaw's art somehow is creepy to me.
Most are so gender neutral and even the ones that are very feminine in dressing have like overly contrasted in details and have a gothic look.

Ridill is extremely creepy...

That's why I love Ridill. She looks like one of the nurses from Silent Hill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FenrirGreyback



Join date : 2013-07-23
Posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Don't forget You Kaiki, they made Mort(Not a bad looking card) and Hatori who made Isis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Menik



Join date : 2013-04-13
Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:17 pm

I like You Kaiki. The art of Ricca and Frost are my favourites. As for units like Nicole I find the eyes a little creepy in a "staring doll" kind of way. Otherwise Mari Izura for the artwork of Magnificus(and Trish). Btw Trish has gotta be directly inspired by DMC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Card Artists   Today at 10:52 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Card Artists
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Card Artists
» New Payment Method - Credit/Debit Card
» [Card Review Article] Card Sneak-a-Peek: Herald of Perfection
» Card Ruling at Diamond Dude?
» Yugioh card game

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: