HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Do the top players cheat?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KalikoRibbon

PostSubject: Do the top players cheat?   Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:54 pm

It just seems like in every event the top players are way ahead of everyone else. Take the current event. Without items, I'm around 2000 points so far, the top players are well over 100k. I know that items can give you a huge advantage, but it doesn't seem like you could gain so many points so quickly without endless amounts of items to burn. Are they cheating, or just paying tons and tons of money?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guchkoo

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:58 pm

I wish I knew.

If you ask me, they're just filthy rich. Evil or Very Mad

Though, I'm doing fairly well.
          I've been playing since 5 AM this morning, and it's 6 PM right now.
          And I'm in the 100s.
          Save those special potion thingies for the boss of the floor- or at least save the big special potion thingies.
          I've only gotten... maybe 5 or so of those from my BT points.

But this is only the first day, and I'm sure I'm bound to get swallowed by sharks. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldoaWillNotMove
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:08 pm

KalikoRibbon wrote:
It just seems like in every event the top players are way ahead of everyone else. Take the current event. Without items, I'm around 2000 points so far, the top players are well over 100k. I know that items can give you a huge advantage, but it doesn't seem like you could gain so many points so quickly without endless amounts of items to burn. Are they cheating, or just paying tons and tons of money?

They're just paying tons of money. Heck, they probably haven't even spent any money at all yet. The top PVP player has 425 wins so thats maybe at the most 425 TE burned. That may seem like a lot of TE for a non-paying player but that's pretty much pocket change to them (Well I guess "Pocket-change" is a bit of an over-exaggeration but still).

Also, if there's at least one thing SS is good at being on top of its noticing when their wallet isn't getting any bigger taking care of cheaters/hackers. If one of the top rankers were cheating, they'd notice. Especially since some of the players on the board are regular top players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soulstalker

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:14 pm

KalikoRibbon wrote:

The top players simply pay a lot of money to be in the top.

However, where they get this money is anyone's guess.

Maybe they are independently wealthy? But it seems strange that someone who would spend $2K weekly on a game would be playing it all day long (instead of having an extravagant lifestyle outside of the game)????

Or more likely, they sell some of their valuable cards for real money, which funds their purchasing power in-game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Soulstalker wrote:

Maybe they are independently wealthy? But it seems strange that someone who would spend $2K weekly on a game would be playing it all day long (instead of having an extravagant lifestyle outside of the game)????

*feels like this comment is directed at me*

I'm not weathy anymore..... :<
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
HinakiHinari
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:16 am

I have an ally who's around the top 10 in the current event, and he's being funded by the 1000 something TE he got from selling his Fenrir (U), so not all top players are dumping tons of cash into the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistrevia
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 am

There is only gonna be 25 of the top rank reward. Even if you use only 1k te to get it, you be like earning. The queen is gonna cost like roughly 2k te

If you are wealthy enough, why not x.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:20 am

I think it is a matter of investment.
seriously, there are people who can't get to the top and wanted the top rewards, and are willing to pay quite a lot of TE for them.
Selling them for TE is a bigger profit than RMT then buying TE.

Then it is just a matter of circulation.
You sell a card for hundreds of TE/Potions, get tons of rewards by using a portion of that and get tons of rewards again, in the mean time, you also get other cool and expensive rewards from pts/event items, etc.

Think about this, selling francois already pretty much gives you a good pass in getting into the top ranking in the battle rank, and getting francois also pretty much means you are into the top rankings in that event and are selling other nice stuff as well.

As long as they keep paying on top of what they already earned, I don't see them paying loads of money every time, but smaller increments per event.(but each increment must be super horribly expensive for other players |||Orz)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
velocityhead245
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 am

I think top players just sell their cards for thousands of TE and then win the event for a better 6* card which they sell again for thousands of TE... and so on.. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:17 am

The top players that cheat will be banned from the game itself so I say they don't.

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
penguizaur
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:52 am

Actually a lot of these events are skewed pretty ridiculously towards buying packs..... like one step 7 during matahari was almost the equivalent points of an entire day of grinding your life away lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HinakiHinari
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:12 pm

penguizaur wrote:
Actually a lot of these events are skewed pretty ridiculously towards buying packs..... like one step 7 during matahari was almost the equivalent points of an entire day of grinding your life away lol

Yup, all those bonus Moon tickets, Clover Spikes, Black books, Large Shiny vials etc would definitely help those willing to pay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BraveDemon

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:51 pm

velocityhead245 wrote:
I think top players just sell their cards for thousands of TE and then win the event for a better 6* card which they sell again for thousands of TE... and so on.. drunken

Ding ding ding. This is the winning formula for TE/Pot based events like Colosseum and Tower (and to a lesser extent Training events).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:22 pm

..... Should I be spending the money? Probably not, but I can. It's my enjoyment and escape and relaxation from work. So why not?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:41 pm

In summary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpEqE5AdNQ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twilightschism
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:51 pm

aubade888 wrote:
In summary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpEqE5AdNQ

That ......... WAS HILARIOUS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Probably a little Draconian, but I think I'm gonna lock this, if only because I don't want anything to start...

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the top players cheat?   Today at 11:08 am

Back to top Go down

Do the top players cheat?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1