HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:38 am

the guy isn't saying "you can't make a profit". he's just saying you're greedy. if you lower the entry fee, (for example, make it 2 te for the patricia "raffle"), you will still be making a profit, just not as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:46 am

kfcjamal wrote:
the guy isn't saying "you can't make a profit". he's just saying you're greedy. if you lower the entry fee, (for example, make it 2 te for the patricia "raffle"), you will still be making a profit, just not as much.

Exactly, and will more likely actually get people to join.

To the op:

People are not joining, not because they are afraid of a scam(they lose 3TE, big deal, that's like US$3, can't even buy a BigMac meal with that in a lot of rich countries), but because anyone who calculate your profit will think that you are making way too much(being greedy).

Yes, people pay 2~3 TE for Pat, don't forget there's the 39 people who paid for both the prize and your profit for the winner.

People are selling over priced stuff? You are overpricing Pat for over 200% in any normal logic.

Last edited by MythSearcher on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grazingcattle

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:48 am

This isn't a raffle. Not at least the current incarnation. If I go on vacation from the forums for a week I have a 0% chance of winning even if I paid an entry fee. This is more like paying a entry fee for a race that may or may not happen and there will be little or no time to prepare.

I understand the need for the high raffle ticket cost. If Everyone doesn't pay their entry fee then you are left holding the bill. Peoples main objection is that the amount your profiting from the raffle isn't within a reasonable amount for projected missed entry fees.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your work! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:52 am

a quick raffle to earn trust with 5 te.

this really comes to me like your buying people's trust for 5 te.

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:16 am

pknott wrote:
This really doesn't belong in the trading forum...

Where should it be then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CardCaptorSophia

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:30 am

Grazingcattle wrote:
This isn't a raffle. Not at least the current incarnation. If I go on vacation from the forums for a week I have a 0% chance of winning even if I paid an entry fee. This is more like paying a entry fee for a race that may or may not happen and there will be little or no time to prepare.

I understand the need for the high raffle ticket cost. If Everyone doesn't pay their entry fee then you are left holding the bill. Peoples main objection is that the amount your profiting from the raffle isn't within a reasonable amount for projected missed entry fees.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your work! Smile

Thanks for the support, But the thing with this Quiz(formerly a raffle) Is that you actually have to be there to participate you sign up for free and when the event is about to start you will get notified Smile Then you pay the fee and the event will start. The reason i changed it to a quiz was because it was alot more simple alot more controllable in favor of the participant. I ended up doing 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes only five people participated in the end because others weren't responding but i wanted to d the Quiz for those who had been waiting

In terms of profit I only got 5mill and the prizes amounted to 7te and 2 pots and a feles unit.

It was fun and fair Smile
I will be doing more Quizzes as they are easier and more fun for me and people who participate Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GitD16
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:43 am

So if I sign up, but it turns out that I'm not online at the start of the raffle(quiz?) I won't participate, nor will I need to pay the entry fee?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CardCaptorSophia

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:55 am

GitD16 wrote:
So if I sign up, but it turns out that I'm not online at the start of the raffle(quiz?) I won't participate, nor will I need to pay the entry fee?

Yes Smile You obviously didn't read the please read section,thats okay Smile if you are signed up that just means you will be notified i notified everyone before it was time to start i will give a days notice for when the raffle will start. if you havent responded before an hour before its scheduled then i will assume you are not participating Smile so you dont pay the fee Smile everyone pays when i know how many are ready to participate and then i will take fees and it will start immediately Smile

and as i said to a previous user i am still fine tuning the process also the first Quiz(raffle) is finished i will be starting another soon if you were genuinely interested Smile

Thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !   Today at 1:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Thank you to all who participated! DOING QUIZZES IS BETTER !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3