HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
masta518
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-13
Posts : 368

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:54 pm

spiritsplice wrote:
There is no such thing as "macro"economics.
I'm just going to stop responding to you now. 3/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spiritsplice



Join date : 2013-01-17
Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:09 pm

masta518 wrote:
spiritsplice wrote:
There is no such thing as "macro"economics.
I'm just going to stop responding to you now. 3/10

You need to spend time in the Austrian school. You have bought into too much Keynesian nonsense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linksd
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-25
Posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Y this game being compared to US economy? Its more like a bartering pawn shop. At least in my experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
benjpal



Join date : 2013-03-10
Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Interesting thread. I just want to give my two cents on this.

I think since this is a card game with tower defense and arena the main objectives of a player can be any or all of this.
1. Complete Card Collection
2. Have Strong Units
3. Rank in weekly events

These would be difficult to do on your own that's why trading is important. I think the main currency being traded in game is time. Time I think can be in either of these:

1. time required to redo a quest (TE)
2. time require to do a training run, (Pots)
3. time needed to max out a unit. (Luna/Cards)
4. time to do recruitment (TE/SS)
5. time needed to accumulate BT points (TE/POTS/Event Items)

I think the reason the game economy is shifting towards TE is because many players have already obtained maxed good cards. If a player has maxed all his cards his only objectives now are to complete his collection and win in weekly events. So it is understandable why 6* want TE and POTS because they have no need for lower tiered cards unless for collection. Now how can this be fixed? The way I see it there are several things that can be done:

1. Introduce a bit more 6*'s into the system (this will boost pack sales and they can also sell 5*+ tickets for coins)
2. Increase enhance cost especially in higher levels ( This would give more value to deck space and increase the worth of Luna)
3. Implement events that will reduce a card back to level 1 or sacrifice it for more points. Reduction of its level will boost the feeder market and deletion of the card will boost pack sales.

If these were implemented paying players will buy more packs and trade those cards for feeders and free players will grind more time getting those feeders. This would be a win-win situation for everybody. Mobage will earn from paying players, paying players will buy stuff from free players and free players will grind time on Mobage. (These grinding can easily be converted to revenue for Mobage if the place small ads in some parts of the game such as Training)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:46 pm

linksd wrote:
Y this game being compared to US economy? Its more like a bartering pawn shop. At least in my experience.
This is the only truth in this tread.

Most people don't understand how a pawn shop works but people who understand this system knows better about the economy and are the only people who are able to buy and sell. The new players don't really get it imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masta518
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-13
Posts : 368

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:26 pm

linksd wrote:
Y this game being compared to US economy? Its more like a bartering pawn shop. At least in my experience.
It isn't. The only concept that I've linked to a large scale economy is oversaturation in goods... not sure how we got to talking about the US economy lol :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masta518
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-13
Posts : 368

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:28 pm

lmnseason wrote:
The new players don't really get it imo.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 pm

masta518 wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
The new players don't really get it imo.
Laughing
lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asgard



Join date : 2013-01-09
Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:31 pm

I have a buttload of 4 stars from events. (They're giving them out like candy, I swear)
But, I have no TE, so it's troublesome trying to get a 5* :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-19
Posts : 407

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:49 pm

fanta economy is like cheese... and fanta cuts it daily

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEWWWWWWWWW

Some of you guys take this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously. Just saying


Last edited by joeladams20 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:59 pm

I was hunting for Georgios and came across a guy who was selling it.
I know he's super rare and the most powerful unit in the game currently but I wasn't prepared to hear his price.
7K TE
like OMG WTF seriously? really? OMG etc Very Happy
I'm aiming for the stars, so maybe I'll end up on the Moon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-23
Posts : 2134

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:00 pm

someone wanted to trade me their Dana for my Halloween Monica + add

seriously?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
someone wanted to trade me their Dana for my Halloween Monica + add

seriously?

A sign of ignorance....? XD

I know H.Monica hasn't got a high price yet, but there's no way she's dropped that low...!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-13
Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 am

sGabe4 wrote:
the recycling center won't solve anything
no one will want to sacrifice anything valued higher than a Fiona
I cannot believe for a second that even top players would sacrifice their regular edition 5*s
they would just try and sell it for more TE, which we all know, we don't have nearly enough to sustain and finance the top players' TE burning spree

actually I for one cannot wait for until all the TE in the system gets used up
because then we can finally start playing this game a real TCG and actually trade cards
TE will never be completely extinct, but as there are less and less available for the masses, we will have to come up with something
so far the best solution looks like to be bartering and actually trading cards
yay us!

In actuality.....

I sacrificed plenty of Hildegards... Julias... 5* Monsters.... Alexanders... *thinking*.... Sarahs... Emmas.. to get to 700k+ LP Points plus from there on out Premium Tickets (not 4*+ Tickets, those I actually used).... 3.6k worth of 4*s from Emerald Showdown.... 1.6k worth of Oktavia reprint cards.... Halloween Cards.... Full Metal Cards... Anything else I missed?

Though I am by no means a top player lol

_________________
Before you get started, please read the Forum Policies & Information | 6* List: Fenrir. 5* For Sale: None ATM

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 am

pnoytroi wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:
the recycling center won't solve anything
no one will want to sacrifice anything valued higher than a Fiona
I cannot believe for a second that even top players would sacrifice their regular edition 5*s
they would just try and sell it for more TE, which we all know, we don't have nearly enough to sustain and finance the top players' TE burning spree

actually I for one cannot wait for until all the TE in the system gets used up
because then we can finally start playing this game a real TCG and actually trade cards
TE will never be completely extinct, but as there are less and less available for the masses, we will have to come up with something
so far the best solution looks like to be bartering and actually trading cards
yay us!

In actuality.....

I sacrificed plenty of Hildegards... Julias... 5* Monsters.... Alexanders... *thinking*.... Sarahs... Emmas.. to get to 700k+ LP Points plus from there on out Premium Tickets (not 4*+ Tickets, those I actually used).... 3.6k worth of 4*s from Emerald Showdown.... 1.6k worth of Oktavia reprint cards.... Halloween Cards.... Full Metal Cards... Anything else I missed?

Though I am by no means a top player lol

For that, I thank you for keeping the market with less 5* so the price of the 5*s did not drop down as fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maxintoronto



Join date : 2013-01-05
Posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:33 am

Many new cards are coming out every event, and I noticed that many of them are better the older ones regardless 4* or 5* or 6*.

Besides, people are pulling 6* cards everyday (actually, it's like every a few minutes).
More and more rare cards are put into the market, so eventually the prices of those cards will drop.

More importantly, we don't need so many cards. Even though now Fanta has established some restrictions such as melee only, male only, DC20 or lower only etc. These restrictions are their evil plan to give YOU a reason to pull more cards, in another word, pay more money.

So, inclusion, supply always more than demand, prices will always drop. Except for the rare top cards, such as grey, ellen etc.

It is as simple as that.

It is also a fact that everyone must face. So, I decide to embrace it rather than cry over it.
I plan my teams carefully, and I save te to buy the cards I need. Once I buy them, I don't sell them because if I do, I will lose te. Unless I spend lots of time doing card to card trade, I might be able to gain even, but I must depend on my luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 am

The way that people react to classic 5* cards like emma thrain elena marg makes me annoyed. Its so hard to get people to accept them in trades now... its as if prices is gonna drop from 20TE to 1TE within the next hour... Sure prices are gonna drop, anyone can see that. but no one asked you to take the trade, hold on to them for a month or 2, then sell them so why not take them for what they are worth?

Even if you take time getting rid of other units as a factor for trade, If you count the time when you FIRST advertise the card to the time you get a pure TE offer VS. the time you take to receive a mix offer and sell it all for TE, i believe the latter will prevail since if the card is popular you will get a mixed offer almost instantly. so the argument about mixed taking a longer time to sell is invalid, especially with the TE shortage now.

Ah yes TE shortage! Sellers, have you ever wondered why people offer you mix or card trades? ITS BECAUSE THERE IS NO MORE TE! look around and ask around. Ask your allys and clan members and tell me whats their average TE count. Definitely not enough to afford a 5* not to mention a 6* pure... I am talking about average players of course not those heavy p2p rankers.

People who sell for pure TE only ARRGH! makes me feel like they are squeezing blood from stone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:19 am

saphion wrote:
The way that people react to classic 5* cards like emma thrain elena marg makes me annoyed. Its so hard to get people to accept them in trades now... its as if prices is gonna drop from 20TE to 1TE within the next hour... Sure prices are gonna drop, anyone can see that. but no one asked you to take the trade, hold on to them for a month or 2, then sell them so why not take them for what they are worth?

Even if you take time getting rid of other units as a factor for trade, If you count the time when you FIRST advertise the card to the time you get a pure TE offer VS. the time you take to receive a mix offer and sell it all for TE, i believe the latter will prevail since if the card is popular you will get a mixed offer almost instantly. so the argument about mixed taking a longer time to sell is invalid, especially with the TE shortage now.

Ah yes TE shortage! Sellers, have you ever wondered why people offer you mix or card trades? ITS BECAUSE THERE IS NO MORE TE! look around and ask around. Ask your allys and clan members and tell me whats their average TE count. Definitely not enough to afford a 5* not to mention a 6* pure... I am talking about average players of course not those heavy p2p rankers.

People who sell for pure TE only ARRGH! makes me feel like they are squeezing blood from stone.

Well, most of them are like 10TE for max units now, I don't even think Patricia is much better(anything from regular pack is not worth too much, Patricia is like 12~15TE fresh?)

Fom my recent experience of selling 31Thrain, is that you need to sell to newer players, who don't have a 5*, but not those not very active 4* old players.
Tag 1 or 2 LE 3* along, this makes the deal look more worth while for them(since they don't have those units) It will not hinder you but at the same time make the deal much more acceptable.
If I am a new player, I'd like to accept such deal.

But I guess Thrain might be one of the easiest among these. He's melee and DC is only 15, and his Arena damage C/P is actually pretty good, along with arena skill, he is quite good in the Arenas.
His only draw back is the looks, I don't know, I like cute girls and kittens, but if it comes to male cards, I find the beard men cooler than those neutral looking boys.(That's kinda why my favourite LotR character is Gandalf?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saphion



Join date : 2013-01-20
Posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 am

I am not saying that people should be blindly accepting mix trades

I am not saying it isnt hard to sell classic 5*

I am not saying people shouldnt have their own preference in choosing units they like or dislike

What I am saying is:

- TE shortage face it and deal with it... dont ask for something that not many people have

- Taking in a card or 2 will make trades 200% easier to negotiate (personally find it very hard to negotiate with people who only want pure TE)

- Classic 5* is hard but NOT IMPOSSIBLE to sell. There is still a market for it

- Market Crashed top down and not bottom up.

- Everyone should play a part in fixing this market back up.. not blame overpulling cards and lack of TE etc etc... mobage fault silicons faut etc etc...

- Accept a few reg 5* or 6* in trades and make both party's life easier instead of insisting on TE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-24
Posts : 748

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 am

saphion wrote:
I am not saying that people should be blindly accepting mix trades

I am not saying it isnt hard to sell classic 5*

I am not saying people shouldnt have their own preference in choosing units they like or dislike

What I am saying is:

- TE shortage face it and deal with it... dont ask for something that not many people have

- Taking in a card or 2 will make trades 200% easier to negotiate (personally find it very hard to negotiate with people who only want pure TE)

- Classic 5* is hard but NOT IMPOSSIBLE to sell. There is still a market for it

- Market Crashed top down and not bottom up.

- Everyone should play a part in fixing this market back up.. not blame overpulling cards and lack of TE etc etc... mobage fault silicons faut etc etc...

- Accept a few reg 5* or 6* in trades and make both party's life easier instead of insisting on TE

One of the factors that I just thought of: Work done.

If I sell 1 card for pure TE, the effort is selling 1 card.
If I trade it for 2 cards, the effort is selling 3 cards.

Most people came in to play a tower defence/card game, not for economic classes and being a good merchant.
Thus most don't find it fun to sell more and more units, and at a certain point of time just give up.
I can fully understand the frustration of getting more and more cards on hand, and knowing the full value can give me a pretty good rare card, but I just can't sell all of them and buy the card I want, while I am just breaking down the numbers and keep getting more cards.

People who don't want TE is likely going through the same thought process the people that want to uptrade their cards, and offering mix trades.
We all have the same problem, and the reason of it is simply because we just can't get what we want with what we have.

The ultimate cycle of this, is because the top layer want only TE and pots for their actual game play, they have no use of any lower tier cards, so mix trades are useless to them. However, they are also the ones with the ultra rare cards that everyone wants.

Its like if you paid a generous amount in the beginning of the game(when there's less competition and rich people) then the rest of the players are working very hard for you to maintain on top. They might be the only players enjoying and playing this game, instead of working for higher players.

That, and the inbox design is so poor, its hard to get a certain card out once you have like 800 cards in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Today at 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Similar topics
-
» Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!
» First Sculpt: Head Hunter
» Bakuman - a comic about making comics! By comic-makers!
» Pottery prices
» ID This Wooden Desk Lamp

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: