HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:02 pm

I don't even think Alex read the email.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Ugh. Is it possible at all to escalate the issue to someone who will give more than a stock response?

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:37 pm

At this point in time I do not know for sure. Since the shift has gone from phone support there really is no way of knowing if they even look at the darn thiings. That will be something else I will have to try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:37 pm

gamkins wrote:
Does anyone know how to contact Mobage Directly?

Also, I am a little concerned that people aren't concerned by this more.
we are all concerned. but we also know that for now... Fantasica dev is not going to do anything about it.

yes, that means those who paid $ for it and changed device... tough luck.

i think that's plain ridiculous.

so, for my friends (and myself since i will be getting a new phone soon), we just transfer our cards from old phone to new phone... yes, no doubt we'll have to re-do some stuffs like levelling up skills, etc... but then... it also means we get 2 copies of stray cats, etc from having to re-do all...

in the end, it's a STUPID move by Fantasica. they basically forced all of us to have multiple accounts.

legally... i'm not sure if its allowed... someone did say earlier that it could be illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 pm

myad wrote:
gamkins wrote:
Does anyone know how to contact Mobage Directly?

Also, I am a little concerned that people aren't concerned by this more.
we are all concerned. but we also know that for now... Fantasica dev is not going to do anything about it.

yes, that means those who paid $ for it and changed device... tough luck.

i think that's plain ridiculous.

so, for my friends (and myself since i will be getting a new phone soon), we just transfer our cards from old phone to new phone... yes, no doubt we'll have to re-do some stuffs like levelling up skills, etc... but then... it also means we get 2 copies of stray cats, etc from having to re-do all...

in the end, it's a STUPID move by Fantasica. they basically forced all of us to have multiple accounts.

legally... i'm not sure if its allowed... someone did say earlier that it could be illegal.

While I agree with you to a point, what happens when your phone dies like in my friends case? Does he eat the fact that he will never see his Oktavia again because he can't do anything with his old phone? Heaven forbid someone steals your phone, or you go swimming with it, or you go sky diving and it falls out of your pocket, etc. What then? This must be fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Here is the email I sent to failtasica.support along with their response.

Hello Gamkins,

Thank you for contacting the Fantasica Support Team! We are constantly striving to improve our service and appreciate your valuable feedback!

We suggest that you create a new Mobage account using a new email and start from the beginning.

As always, your continued patronage is very important to us. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. For ongoing service requests, we ask that you retain any previous relevant emails in order to facilitate the support process. Thank you again for playing Fantasica and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,
The Fantasica Support Team

> To Whom it may concern,
>
> I am concerned with your device registration policy. I really enjoy
> playing Fantasica and I look forward to buying more card packs in the
> game. However I cannot justify buying any card packs when I cannot
> transfer my account to a new phone.
>
> I will be getting a new phone in a few months when my current contract
> is up. Is this something that you are going to try and change in the
> future or are we stuck with this policy? If you are not going to
> change the policy, then what do you suggest that players do if they
> get a new phone? Do you suggest we make another Mobage account and
> start all over from the beginning?
>
> Please let me know where you stand on this policy so that I can make a
> decision about whether or not I want to keep playing it anymore.
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> Sincerly,
>
> Gamkins
>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bidnode

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:36 am

Feels like they're just saying 'Deal with it, You're probably a hacker/cheater anyways'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:14 am

Those scumbags are getting from bad to worse. Practically brainless and don't give a crap about those who pay money. This is way too unethical for comfort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:19 am

There is no way I am creating a new account in the event that they haven't fixed this a year from now and I am still playing.

I am not:
- changing my goddamn name
- refriending all my allies
- retraining all my skills (which, although I may have been lazy, I STILL HAVE NOT FINISHED TRAINING YET! no way I am doing that again!)
- re-albuming everything, which a year from now on is going to be even harder to do
- transferring everything over (which, by the way, is not an available option to anyone who suddenly has their phone replaced/loses their phone/etc)

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 am

clocksprocket wrote:
There is no way I am creating a new account in the event that they haven't fixed this a year from now and I am still playing.

I am not:
- changing my goddamn name
- refriending all my allies
- retraining all my skills (which, although I may have been lazy, I STILL HAVE NOT FINISHED TRAINING YET! no way I am doing that again!)
- re-albuming everything, which a year from now on is going to be even harder to do
- transferring everything over (which, by the way, is not an available option to anyone who suddenly has their phone replaced/loses their phone/etc)

Exactly. This is too much. They actually think that we really NEED this game so badly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:30 am

I think we should all write to Mobage to test our luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
korlash

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:15 am

has any one emailed fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp an got a respone...... regaurding device registration. or device re regester

iv emaild them but have yet to recive a response its been almost a week now and i get my new phone in about a month

mobage keeps reffering me to the devs for support on this issue as they cannot help me best wishs mobage lol im getting hey im the middle man dont look at me jargan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:16 am

korlash wrote:
has any one emailed fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp an got a respone...... regaurding device registration. or device re regester

iv emaild them but have yet to recive a response its been almost a week now and i get my new phone in about a month

mobage keeps reffering me to the devs for support on this issue as they cannot help me best wishs mobage lol im getting hey im the middle man dont look at me jargan

@Korlash, I have emailed them as well as a friend of mine numerous times. I even posted the emails in this thread. All of the responses are less than reassuring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:55 am

DISCLAIMER: This is just my observation so don't attack me for it please :-) Thank you!

I really do empathize with all of your concerns, but I just find it difficult to believe that this is such a problem.

I hate having to relate things back to RoB where the player base is 3mil++ but when it came to players getting a new phone due to contracts ending or getting phones fixed after being broken that they weren't willing to tough out starting a new account just to transfer cards to their new account.

I even know a veteran player who was banned under different names (not I) due to false accusations and still come back to play the game (Fantasica) and continue playing?

If you really want something then there should be nothing to deter you from getting what you want.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanoodle

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:52 am

I just wanted to share the email exchange I had with Fantasica Support. In case you don't want to read it all, the gist of it is, "We're working on it."

Quote :
Switching Account to a New Device (Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM)
*** <***@gmail.com>
To: fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp
Hi,

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5, but my account is registered to my old phone. How can I register my new device with my account?

Account Name: kanoodling
ID Number: 29147096

Let me know if I need to provide any additional information. Thank you for your assistance.

Quote :
[934-2]The Fantasica Support Team (Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 4:30 AM)
The Fantasica Support Team <fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp>
Reply-To: fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp
To: *** <***@gmail.com>
Thank you for contacting the Fantasica Support Team! We are constantly striving to improve our service and appreciate your valuable feedback!

Regarding your inquiry, we have forwarded it to our technical department and we are currently investigating the issue on our side. We shall get back to you as soon as we receive the resolution you need.

As always, your continued patronage is very important to us. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. For ongoing service requests, we ask that you retain any previous relevant emails in order to facilitate the support process. Thank you again for playing Fantasica and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,

Quote :
(Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM)
Hello,

It has been about a week. Is there any update on this situation? I would really like to use my account on my new phone in order to trade and receive gifts.

Thank you for your help.

Quote :
(Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:43 AM)
Hello,

We are still in the process of resolving this issue. We shall get back to you as soon as we have the resolution that you needed. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Sooo that's something. I've been following this thread for a while, since I knew I'd be updating my phone. I'm kind of surprised by the response I got from Support, considering they've pretty much said no to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:51 am

pnoytroi wrote:
DISCLAIMER: This is just my observation so don't attack me for it please :-) Thank you!

I really do empathize with all of your concerns, but I just find it difficult to believe that this is such a problem.

I hate having to relate things back to RoB where the player base is 3mil++ but when it came to players getting a new phone due to contracts ending or getting phones fixed after being broken that they weren't willing to tough out starting a new account just to transfer cards to their new account.

I even know a veteran player who was banned under different names (not I) due to false accusations and still come back to play the game (Fantasica) and continue playing?

If you really want something then there should be nothing to deter you from getting what you want.

@Pnoytroi (and anyone else with the patience to read this...)

I agree with you 100%, where I draw issue is when you do not have the ability to transfer the cards you payed real money for. Such is the case with my friend. We are all on the quest to get 6* cards. Well he pulled one in his first week of playing the game. Well he had a technical issue with his phone, he took it in, they replaced it. My friend did not fully understand the device registration otherwise he would have transferred all his cards to me and I would transfer them to his new account. Well that is not an option at the moment and my friend has now quit the game. I find my desire to play Fantasica greatly diminished aswell. I will not give any money to a company with such poor customer service. The only weapons I have at my disposal to get this change are to get many people to write to fantasica and asked to get this changed. So I post in here to inform people of what is happening. As time goes on I will involve more people or I will quit. Admittedly, the only reason I am still playing this game now is because of this forum and the people I have met here. I especially enjoy being kicked from chat by tyrannical dictators when you disagree with them.

So in direct response to your closing statement of "If you really want something then there should be nothing to deter you from getting what you want." I want this policy changed and I do not want to play this game if it is not.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:52 am

Kanoodle wrote:
I just wanted to share the email exchange I had with Fantasica Support. In case you don't want to read it all, the gist of it is, "We're working on it."

Quote :
Switching Account to a New Device (Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM)
*** <***@gmail.com>
Hi,

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5, but my account is registered to my old phone. How can I register my new device with my account?

Let me know if I need to provide any additional information. Thank you for your assistance.

Quote :
[934-2]The Fantasica Support Team (Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 4:30 AM)
The Fantasica Support Team <fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp>

Regarding your inquiry, we have forwarded it to our technical department and we are currently investigating the issue on our side. We shall get back to you as soon as we receive the resolution you need.

Kind regards,

Quote :
(Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM)
Hello,

It has been about a week. Is there any update on this situation? I would really like to use my account on my new phone in order to trade and receive gifts.

Thank you for your help.

Quote :
(Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:43 AM)
Hello,

We are still in the process of resolving this issue. We shall get back to you as soon as we have the resolution that you needed. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Sooo that's something. I've been following this thread for a while, since I knew I'd be updating my phone. I'm kind of surprised by the response I got from Support, considering they've pretty much said no to everyone else.

@Kanoodle,

Thank you very much for this post, it really does give a ray of hope. A small one, but still. It is a start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:00 am

pnoytroi wrote:

I think it's the fact that people were given an expectation that they would be able to switch devices at will before this update. To me, it doesn't really matter whether or not it's a small problem or a big problem (this is relative depending on your current album size, skills, etc.). Fact is, such actions being done with impunity on their part (Silicon Studios) does not really hold well on my books and for a lot of people. I know that this game isn't that good that if I've ever switched phones, I wouldn't want to put up with all the trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:05 am

gamkins wrote:
I especially enjoy being kicked from chat by tyrannical dictators when you disagree with them.
I especially enjoy that part too! Very Happy

I already outlined the reasons above why someone would not want to start a new account (and gamkins just outlined with someone might not even be able to start a new account). Registration should be one account per device, period (not one device per account, as we have found out that causes too many issues).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimblade88
Gravedigger [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Well, I found a solution that worked for me anyway:

I have two devices, an iPhone (currently registered with my Fantasica account), and a Galaxy s3 that I was planning on switching to.

1. On Galaxy s3, made sure I was logged out of mobage (tap mobage icon in top-left > Tap on profile name > Tap log out at bottom)
    2. Exit out of Fantasica (on Galaxy S3)
    3. Relaunched Fantasica (still on Galaxy S3)
    4. When asked to log-in or Sign up, choose Sign up
    5. Create a new Mobage account and username
    6. Using this new account, log in and play Fantasica
    7. Register the new device on the new username (Still on my Galaxy s3 by the way)
    8. Once the device registration is complete, log out of Mobage again (tap mobage icon in top-left > Tap on profile name > Tap log out at bottom)
    9. Re-launch Fantasica, and this time log in with your original account
    10. Voila, no "device not registered" message, and I have been able to play on both devices, with my Grimblade88 account, and can access the inbox (and accept gifts) on both devices.

This was done all on the new device I was wanting to transfer the new account to, so it should work in the event a device is broken/replaced already

Let me know if this needs further clarification.

------

Update: Well, they unfortunately run a script or something nightly that checks this. Worked all day yesterday, however as of this morning, it is not. The galaxy s3 now is showing "device not registered" again.

I'll keep trying some things, but it's looking like we will have to (for those that are able), create a new account and trade everything over.... Blah. Not looking forward to changing name, re-leveling, re-skilling, etc...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:41 am

Grimblade88 wrote:
Well, I found a solution that worked for me anyway:
------

Update: Well, they unfortunately run a script or something nightly that checks this. Worked all day yesterday, however as of this morning, it is not. The galaxy s3 now is showing "device not registered" again.

I'll keep trying some things, but it's looking like we will have to (for those that are able), create a new account and trade everything over.... Blah. Not looking forward to changing name, re-leveling, re-skilling, etc...

If the app has not properly refreshed, it will show as device registered. SS would likely fix the issue in a new update to more aggressively check your device vs their records. I will note that playing for a bit on my unregistered device, my allies could not initiate trade with me until I logged in with the registered device.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 am

This is the last email exchange I will be posting between Fantasica support and myself. I don't know what I think of it exactly, it could be good or bad. Here's how it went.

My email:

Dear Fantasica Support,

I guess I asked to many questions in last email because you only answered one, and you gave a rather poor answer for it. Here is the real question and issue that I have:

Are there plans to change your device registration in the future so that your users (the poeple spending money on the game) can move their account to a different device?

I am sorry if I come of as rude, but this issue will decide whether or not I keep playing Fantasica.

Gamkins

Their replay:

Regarding your inquiry, we sincerely apologize but we cannot disclose information on the issue. Please understand that changes might happen in the future and we are doing our best to cater each player's need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coreyclark05

PostSubject: Upgrading mobile device   Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:32 am

I keep hearing rumors of the game being linked to a single mobile device. So if I upgrade would I have to trade all my cards to my new account? Send a message to all my allies stuff like that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:53 am

yes, and you can only trade with the new account after new account has reached L30... so, dun ditch the old phone away so soon! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsunonlau
☆☆

PostSubject: How to transfer account to a new device,   Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:43 pm

I am planning to order a new Iphone, my battery will die soon. Did anyone successfully transfer their account to a new device ? (I know the support can help, but not sure how exactly the procedure would like) Should i contact the support before I transfer my sim info to the new phone or should I wait until I get everything is done ? Any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules   Today at 8:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Announcement Sept 27: Device Registration & New Trading Rules
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next