HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Getting first 5*?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Delirium

PostSubject: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:52 am

I only have 2 TE (the rest are personal, ugh).
So, how does one obtain a 5*? I've been playing the game for a couple weeks now.

These are my units:

3*
Lulubelle - lvl 12

4*
Mimily - lvl 50
Gunnel - lvl 50
Angela - lvl 30
Anton - lvl 20
Tarte - lvl 20

I also have a Stray Cat, lvl 10. I know people like these units but don't know how much they go for.

And I can't complete Helmut's Boot Camp to save my life (lol)

So if I'm playing as a free user, how do I obtain a 5*? It seems like everyone wants TE, which I have none of. And everyone I've asked aren't interested in buying my 4* cards. Halp, pls?

EDIT: also best place to grind levels besides 2-7, is there is any better than that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soulstalker

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 am

Fresh (Lvl 1) 5*s can be bought for 10-20TE.

You can earn that TE by participating in the Events. Each event will usually reward 2-3 TE at some point level. Do about 5 events and you'll have enough TE to buy a 5*.

Another option is to level up your 4* cards and sell them for TE. However, the market for feeders is kind of soft right now, so you'd probably have to level the 4* cards up to 80 and sell them for 5TE each.
(FYI, if the feeder market ever improves, you'll be able to sell level 40 feeders for 2-3TE each instead. This takes a lot less effort than grinding to level 80).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CP_Cranfill

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:35 pm

I've seen fokks selling scats for 5-8 te fresh. And up to 20 maxed. That would get you a 5* pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pknott
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Isn't there usually a 5* reward in panel events?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CP_Cranfill

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Yeah but if your a free player its virtually impossible to get enough btps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
byu1680

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:16 pm

CP_Cranfill wrote:

This isn't true. It definitely is possible as myself and many other people on the forum got the 6* Matahari from the most recent event without paying, an even greater amount were able to get the 5* Dermond without paying. It just requires a lot of time. This is only in reference to panel events though

During tower events when you complete the first floor you can get a recruitable 5* and is very easy to accomplish even with 4* cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Matahari was a very special case that probably won't ever happen again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pknott
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:37 pm

CP_Cranfill wrote:

Friends told me it took about 700 quests to get a 5* in soluna. You can do 12 an hour max. They all got 5*s, and most got matahari. Some were free, some were pay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:51 pm

An easy way to get a 5* is to wait for a tower event, finish 1 lap and get the 5* monster. Then recruit the monster at the next recruitment event.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:44 pm

For grinding events for points, is there a specific quest that is best to do over and over? I figured that the only people who got Mata and Dermond were those who paid and used TE. If it's a matter of time sink, I could do that.

Also I'm not sure how tower events work, never participated in one. But I'll keep that in mind when the next one comes up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Delirium wrote:
For grinding events for points, is there a specific quest that is best to do over and over? I figured that the only people who got Mata and Dermond were those who paid and used TE. If it's a matter of time sink, I could do that.

Also I'm not sure how tower events work, never participated in one. But I'll keep that in mind when the next one comes up.

Yeah, for this past panel event, it was the general consensus that 35-6 gave the most at 930 BT per run. However, that might change if they release new chapters/quests in the future. Before chapter 35 was released, it was 25-3 at 907 BT (if I recall correctly.)

Tower events can be a bit of a challenge if you don't have powerful cards/allies (though some people find that fun since it means you'd have to rethink your unit placement strategy.)

You go through 100 floors of fighting monsters and get BT after each floor (even more if you use event unit.) Every 10 floors you fight a boss (yielding more BT) and if you beat the 100th floor, you get a 5* event monster card that can be recruited in the next recruitment event. The last tower event was Halls of Valhalla, which gave Sleipnir for the 5* monster.

Though once you get the 5* event monster, you're taken back to floor 1 of the tower to start over for another lap. Upon completing lap 2 and onward, you get a random 4* event monster card, which are also recruitable. You can find more info in the Current Events section (though I think I covered just about everything. lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Delirium wrote:
I only have 2 TE (the rest are personal, ugh).
So, how does one obtain a 5*? I've been playing the game for a couple weeks now.

These are my units:

3*
Lulubelle - lvl 12

4*
Mimily - lvl 50
Gunnel - lvl 50
Angela - lvl 30
Anton - lvl 20
Tarte - lvl 20

I also have a Stray Cat, lvl 10. I know people like these units but don't know how much they go for.

So if I'm playing as a free user, how do I obtain a 5*? It seems like everyone wants TE, which I have none of. And everyone I've asked aren't interested in buying my 4* cards. Halp, pls?

EDIT: also best place to grind levels besides 2-7, is there is any better than that?

You can try uptrading your 4* (better if you max them first), some people will accept several of them for fresh 5*. Try to look up in the encyclopedia for a decent 5* starter (not Fiona for example).

Stray Cat can also be sold for a decent amount of TE (better max it first).

2-7 is still the best quest for grinding atm..

And.... as a free player, you can try joining the free player group by clicking my signature sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 am

sharpyzu wrote:

Nope, looking at past events and Japanese events, you can still get 6*s if you spend way too much time.
This is the NEXT events page, anchored to the 6* reward:
http://w.livedoor.jp/fantasica/d/%c2%c7%c5%dd%a1%aa%c0%d6%a4%ce%c5%f0%c2%b1%c3%c4#francois

You need 100k whatever item you get from fighting bosses, yes I know it is hard to accomplish without spending ridiculous amount of time like I did for Matahari.
The last similar event's 6* is Aragon in the True Soul hunters, same number, 100k event items(but the international version increased it to 125k, guess because the event period is longer.)

The only problem is that other than a panel event, you have no real guarantee in getting enough pts.
A seek and destroy boss event like the next one gives you random event item and random bosses, so it is hard to estimate how much pts you can get. You can find 3~4 boss for every 300 training pts, OR, you can meet none for 3000.

Regular sers are really hard to please, once you got 6* coming out for free in some events, they will ask for more in future events, there's no way round it.

The Christmas event(that came after matahari in the Japanese version) is a panel event that grants a 6* at 6000k pts, it is a much longer event, and that makes it much harder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ratzking
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:18 am

Quote :
Theres a guide somewhere on this forum, however u first need to lvl some skills for it to work (poison dmg, ground dmg etc.)
I almost tilted cause it was such a freakin close call all the time till i understand the skill page xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VitaeMortifer
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:47 am

MythSearcher wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:

Nope, looking at past events and Japanese events, you can still get 6*s if you spend way too much time.
http://w.livedoor.jp/fantasica/d/%c2%c7%c5%dd%a1%aa%c0%d6%a4%ce%c5%f0%c2%b1%c3%c4#francois

You need 100k whatever item you get from fighting bosses, yes I know it is hard to accomplish without spending ridiculous amount of time like I did for Matahari.
The last similar event's 6* is Aragon in the True Soul hunters, same number, 100k event items(but the international version increased it to 125k, guess because the event period is longer.)

The only problem is that other than a panel event, you have no real guarantee in getting enough pts.
A seek and destroy boss event like the next one gives you random event item and random bosses, so it is hard to estimate how much pts you can get. You can find 3~4 boss for every 300 training pts, OR, you can meet none for 3000.

Regular sers are really hard to please, once you got 6* coming out for free in some events, they will ask for more in future events, there's no way round it.

The Christmas event(that came after matahari in the Japanese version) is a panel event that grants a 6* at 6000k pts, it is a much longer event, and that makes it much harder.

I believe the general consensus/math was that Aragon required appropriate 6* units and 6* allies to down very high lvl bosses, along with a few hundred (!) potions to get enough bosses in order to actually earn 125k points. That is, of course, discounting simply spamming 100 soul spikes or whatever (which would be quite costly)

While it's possible for a free player to get the appropriate potions and units to get Aragon, it certainly takes a TON of preparation (getting all those pots and units)

Not to mention, Aragon is an amazing arena unit, unlike the 6* from the upcoming event who has a very high deploy cost and D speed, making her meh for arena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VitaeMortifer
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:51 am

Delirium wrote:

No offense, but, literally hundreds of people got Mata without spending a dime. Hundreds of people got Norma for free during the school's out event.

Mata was a massive, massive time sink that warped people's schedules, but as far as we can tell that was a one time only event. The Japanese wiki indicates that no panel events in the future are going to have 6*s that free players can grind.

The 5*s in each event tend to be fairly doable however. You do need to spend about 80 hours grinding to get them however.

Having said that, IMO Dermond and most of the Panel 5*s aren't particularly good units. Mata seems fairly underrated however (she's very comparable to Abel, a staple 6*)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:12 am

I've heard that the next event is a training one. So if I'm new and don't have pots saved up, should I bother grinding out the event? Is it any training, or can you do a specific one over and over for better results?

It's a bit confusing, as I've only experienced one event so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VitaeMortifer
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:20 am

Delirium wrote:
I've heard that the next event is a training one. So if I'm new and don't have pots saved up, should I bother grinding out the event? Is it any training, or can you do a specific one over and over for better results?

It's a bit confusing, as I've only experienced one event so far.

Honestly, training events are horrible for new and free players Razz

Truth is, it really comes down to if they change the BT values for the international release. According to the japanese wiki, there's supposed to be a 4* at 8,000 points and a 5* at 30,000 points. Assuming points are the same as with the last training event, the 4* will be easy to get, and free players could potentially get the 5* - although it'll probably be very tough for you since you started out recently
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 pm

MythSearcher wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:

actually working it out a free player will get about 300 leaves an hour that makes it 334 hours to get 6* a weak only has 168 hours thus 6* is impossible without pots
the 5* at 30000 will need about 100 hours thus making it possible to get
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tanjinyi

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:16 am

That is, if they don't increase the reward points needed.

wtb jap language skills
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:49 am

if you look enough on the Rare Card Report and top player ranks during events you'll eventually find someone who's selling fresh 5* (even 6* sometimes) DIRT CHEAP and I mean DIRT CHEAP.
I got myself an Eleanor for less than 15TE (not gonna say the exact price)
and I saw people advertising Adolph, Serafina, Camille and Sarah for less than 12TEs as well)
That's basically 60% off of regular price.
And people can get ~10TE easily if they participate in at least 2 events and sell 2-3 4* feeders.
you just need to be patient and persistent also a little bit of luck is needed Razz

MOST IMPORTANT THING:
what is the #1 thing that makes big companies like Coca Cola and Nike some of the most profitable companies on Earth? MARKETING
and you get unlimited free marketing at your disposal in fanta: RCR and top ranks
use it to your advantage Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 am

sGabe4 wrote:
if you look enough on the Rare Card Report and top player ranks during events you'll eventually find someone who's selling fresh 5* (even 6* sometimes) DIRT CHEAP and I mean DIRT CHEAP.
I got myself an Eleanor for less than 15TE (not gonna say the exact price)
and I saw people advertising Adolph, Serafina, Camille and Sarah for less than 12TEs as well)
That's basically 60% off of regular price.
And people can get ~10TE easily if they participate in at least 2 events and sell 2-3 4* feeders.
you just need to be patient and persistent also a little bit of luck is needed Razz

MOST IMPORTANT THING:
what is the #1 thing that makes big companies like Coca Cola and Nike some of the most profitable companies on Earth? MARKETING
and you get unlimited free marketing at your disposal in fanta: RCR and top ranks
use it to your advantage Wink

Thanks! That is helpful.
What is the best level to sell 4*s at for feeders? Max? I guess I'm kind of stuck because all my 4*s are leveled to about 50, but it's a slow grind onward. Is the best way to level cards via 2*-3* feeders?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:39 am

I think selling in bulk is the best you can go.
Rarely do people buy single 4* feeders. They usually go for 2-3 or a set.
my marketing strategy is this:
2 lvl40 4* feeders for 5 TE
3 lvl40 4* feeders for 7 TE
5 lvl40 4* feeders for 12 TE

you actually lose TE if you sell in bulk, but the probability of someone actually buying your feeders, thus you gaining TE, is much much higher this way

once again: MARKETING is key Wink

and actually I still see people wanting to buy maxed 4*s, but since their regular 7-8TE each, price has dropped to like 5TE recently, that's a horrible way to sell I think

furthermore, I think (but someone correct my if I'm wrong) 2 lvl40 4* feeders yield more XP than a single maxed 4*, so you can also use that as a hook when advertising

you can still use maxed 4*s when trading up as they have bigger value that way, or so I think (basing all this on previous experience and extensive research of the market - I have way too much time on my hands lol )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delirium

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:50 am

sGabe4 wrote:
I think selling in bulk is the best you can go.
Rarely do people buy single 4* feeders. They usually go for 2-3 or a set.
my marketing strategy is this:
2 lvl40 4* feeders for 5 TE
3 lvl40 4* feeders for 7 TE
5 lvl40 4* feeders for 12 TE

you actually lose TE if you sell in bulk, but the probability of someone actually buying your feeders, thus you gaining TE, is much much higher this way

once again: MARKETING is key Wink

and actually I still see people wanting to buy maxed 4*s, but since their regular 7-8TE each, price has dropped to like 5TE recently, that's a horrible way to sell I think

furthermore, I think (but someone correct my if I'm wrong) 2 lvl40 4* feeders yield more XP than a single maxed 4*, so you can also use that as a hook when advertising

you can still use maxed 4*s when trading up as they have bigger value that way, or so I think (basing all this on previous experience and extensive research of the market - I have way too much time on my hands lol )

Cheers! That helps a lot.
So after obtaining a 5*, is it recommended making the grind leveling after 50 via 4* feeders? Or can you do it with 3*s as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herault
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 am

VitaeMortifer wrote:
Delirium wrote:

No offense, but, literally hundreds of people got Mata without spending a dime. Hundreds of people got Norma for free during the school's out event.

Mata was a massive, massive time sink that warped people's schedules, but as far as we can tell that was a one time only event. The Japanese wiki indicates that no panel events in the future are going to have 6*s that free players can grind.

The 5*s in each event tend to be fairly doable however. You do need to spend about 80 hours grinding to get them however.

Having said that, IMO Dermond and most of the Panel 5*s aren't particularly good units. Mata seems fairly underrated however (she's very comparable to Abel, a staple 6*)

Matahari isnt that terrible, I consider her a noobier Dana/Nanaca. Actually, there is another panel event that happens recently that gives a grindable 6*. This Link shows the 6* and I believe it requires 1.5m BT points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting first 5*?   Today at 10:22 am

Back to top Go down

Getting first 5*?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: