HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Really? Confused :/

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HollieCFan

PostSubject: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 am

Hi this is my first post and I really like this game but im losing interest over a few things.

So lately I find myself just Really Confused. At mostly over one card to be completely honest. Its Elizabeth yeah I get it she looks awesome and is everyone dream 5*(including me) but there is one thing that I can really never get over. Its that there r probably around like what 185 of her right? And her current worth is a lot like between 200-300 just ridiculous when there are much much rarer cards for instance Theo and Cath only 100 of both those cards. And yet they are worthless to people that's were im lost I don't get why Cath and Theo get the short end of the stick in worth. While Elizabeth is worth a Nina No ?

And I also kinda want to talk about some 6*s like Paris and Alvida. Alvida is worth way more than Paris but I don't get why. Alvida has really high sea attack. Paris has higher land and air I believe.? I think its odd that paris is worth less than alvida when imo she's better. Same skill same speed and deploy cost. I guess rarity is a factor but I just don't get her hype.

The other 6* I want to talk about is Doro one of the cheapest 6* in the game (sadly) she has good stats n deploy cost of 25. And her stats are higher than the new card Isis, but Isis has 15dc n that's y her value is so high right now right? But this is where im lost too about dc, Nina value rose higher above Monica in the past 2 months cause ppl thought an arena was coming soon, when it was always a different event. But know that we got an arena and probably won't get another for awhile? Why does deploy cost matter when arena is over? When that's all deploy cost really helps for one event which we hardly get.?

So that's basically it. I don't get the Elizabeth worth. The Alvida hype and the deploy cost factor when it only helps for arena. Which we will probably get in the next two months ^.^
I really just want to know opinions or even facts thank you for your time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:59 am

Hi there!
The key factor to remember with the fanta market is that price varies on a mixture of Rarity, Art, and Stats.

In regards to Elizabeth, her art and sprite make her currently the highest 5*. Her artwork is just that good. In addition, she was the top 200 rank reward for Soul Hunters 1, which was a training event. You usually HAVE to spend money to rank in top 200 for training, so that extra effort added to her rarity.
Theodore is a male, so his price is automatically lowered Razz
Catherine is actually pretty high price as well (110-130 TE?), also because of her cute art. Still not as classically beautiful as Elizabeth's though.
Top 200 is still nothing to scoff at, and top 100 in arena (Den of Sin, the event where Theo and Cath came from) is probably easier than top 200 in training.

Elizabeth probably isn't worth a Nina though 0.o Her extreme max price is like 220 TE, while Nina's average is like 350.

As for Paris and Alvida, this is where the novelty and artwork of a card factors in. Alvida has huge breasts to say the least, and she's a pirate girl = automatic price increase. Paris is older and shows less skin (but imo she's way more classy and beautiful than that pirate Razz). Since Alvida is still new, her price hasn't dropped yet.

Isis is extremely new, so her price also hasn't dropped yet. It will eventually though Razz Poison on Magic units is kind of lackluster, so most poison magics are cheap. Isis has better art than Dorothea, so that may be helping her as well. Doro is a very old card, so...

As for the factor of deploy cost... just because arena was just over doesn't mean that people always have the next arena in sight. People formulate their arena teams months in advance as we've seen, which keeps prices high.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:30 am

Callanthe wrote:
Isis has better art than Dorothea, Doro is a very old card, so...
WTF did i just read?!?!? Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bells

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:08 am

I'd pick Isis over Doro any day. Have them both as allies. I play on a tablet, when I line them up side by side for quest 35.6, there is really no comparison in terms of sprite art. Doro only has stubs for hands! Stats-wise, I'd say they are similar. Only difference is Doro's 25 DC vs. Isis' 30DC. If you are thinking arena, it is nuts to put a D speed poison on your team anyway. When I see a Doro led team, I pounce on it. Isis would be worse on an arena team though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:05 pm

bells wrote:
I'd pick Isis over Doro any day. Have them both as allies. I play on a tablet, when I line them up side by side for quest 35.6, there is really no comparison in terms of sprite art. Doro only has stubs for hands! Stats-wise, I'd say they are similar. Only difference is Doro's 25 DC vs. Isis' 30DC. If you are thinking arena, it is nuts to put a D speed poison on your team anyway. When I see a Doro led team, I pounce on it. Isis would be worse on an arena team though.

Isis is 15DC...

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bells

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 pm

oops, I stand corrected. Even better for Isis then Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Isis may be the new 'it girl' in town, but the fact remains, Dorothea is better, stat wise. Doro may be 10 more in deploy cost, but her Land and Air atk are higher...a little, but higher...and that little could mean the difference between a battle won, or a battle lost. Isis and Doro both have 150 Range and are also D-Speed, plus poison. Isis's only advantage over Doro is Sea atk and 15 deploy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Tower is the new favorite event in town. Dorothea is a better boss DPS than Isis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandalicious

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Dorothea is below average card with crappy art and sprite that offers nothing unique. Isis is the nina of mages, that stat/dc is unmatched. Also she is alot more rarer than dorothea atm. So I can think of a reason where I can overpay a bit for an isis, but why in god's name would I want a dorothea when basically for a few more te you can get a better mage. This is basically a collectible card game, rarity > art > stat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Pandalicious wrote:
Dorothea is below average card with crappy art and sprite that offers nothing unique. Isis is the nina of mages, that stat/dc is unmatched. Also she is alot more rarer than dorothea atm. So I can think of a reason where I can overpay a bit for an isis, but why in god's name would I want a dorothea when basically for a few more te you can get a better mage. This is basically a collectible card game, rarity > art > stat.
Sorry to rain on the party...but there is nothing rare about Isis. She is now in the regular card packs along with Doro...meaning they will be equal in value/numbers shortly. Why would anyone overpay for a card, when they could just wait and get it much cheaper? - It's also worth a note; Doro was almost impossible to get via TE/Pots when she was first release, and now she is one of the easiest 6*s to get. Same will happen to Isis in time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandalicious

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Onisunit wrote:
Pandalicious wrote:
Sorry to rain on the party...but there is nothing rare about Isis. She is now in the regular card packs along with Doro...meaning they will be equal in value/numbers shortly. Why would anyone overpay for a card, when they could just wait and get it much cheaper? - It's also worth a note; Doro was almost impossible to get via TE/Pots when she was first release, and now she is one of the easiest 6*s to get. Same will happen to Isis in time.

lol you are saying a card that has been pulled to death for 6 months is same rarity as a card that has been out for 2 weeks, this is news to me. And no isis is unique with that stat/dc ratio, dorothea is just a bad card, offering nothing unique. Yes Isis will keep dropping because she is pullable, but she is always going to be more preferable than dorothea in the market.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:00 am

Heya HollieCFan, love to see you on board on this forum! ^^

Basically it's all down to the market trends, which is somewhat based on the basic principals of supply and demand. If there's something which is deemed highly desirable, yet they are low in numbers, it's natural for the price to be driven up. Remember, everybody is driving up card values they have and want to sell for maximum profit, so they will use any reason as leverage to increase their prices.

For the cards which are low in numbers, it can be due to being a prize card, a new card inserted into the standard packs, or being in limited series pack.

For cards which are deemed desirable, it can be due to their stats, Deploy Cost, skill, largely recognised as beautiful cards. The 'rarity' (number of them existing) also does play a part in being desirable. Everybody wants to peacock around with units everybody likes yet not many people able to have them.

All these can actually explain the issues you've highlighted on the original thread post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really? Confused :/   Today at 10:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Really? Confused :/
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1