HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
janus1

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 am

I've only played 7/8/9 since I don't have ps2/3
but I loved 7. I think it had the best story, content(mini games and such)

I have 3 on ds (I stopped playing for quite a while now...)

Still, I'd love to try em all out...but yeah, I think it's little overpriced for
iphone platform (can u play it on ipad? is it comfortable?)

got stuck on 8 and 9...it was too short for me..I think i finished the game within a week (less than a week)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:38 am

hhsong273 wrote:
looked it up.. heard it costs 30 dollars for full content >_< Not bad if it was on a different platform, but on a phone, i'm not soo sure (as i don't have ipad xD)

Well, considering how much money people throws at Fantascia, I don't see why $30 would be considered expensive Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
FastfoodJesus
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:15 am

If you've never played a Final Fantasy game before. Good recommendation to start in would be, 5 (if you're not all that good at rpgs) or 4 (if you like a challenge) from there, play FF6 (best FF game imo) then FF7. I never got the chance to play FF8 because I always had nintendo consoles growing up, and I only experienced FF7 on my psp (downloaded from PS store)

After you beat 7 (or 8 if you wish to go there) I would suggest then going back to Final Fantasy 1 and 2, due to sheer nostalgia. FF1 due to epic yet basic story, and 2 only because of the combat system (More you use a skill/spell/weapon type=better it is)

From there, play FFX (10 if you don't know roman numerals) it's a pretty decent game, skip 11 due to it being a MMO, then try FF12; Some people like the change of that combat system, some hate it (I didn't like it, but wanted to beat the game)

I do not recommend FF13, only because it takes around 24-26 hours of play time just to get into the free roam part of the game (which is where the fun begins) and as for FF13-2, If you like FF3, then try 13-2. It's got some fairly sweet dlc fights (Gilgamesh for one, you'll learn who it is by the time you're at this part of the list)

I've never played FF9, nor have I ever seen any actual gameplay of it (Just havn't bothered) that's why I didn't include it here, but it's worth a shot if you want to play them all.

Reasons to play each game:
FF1- Fun but basic story, has some jobs.
FF2- Combat system is pretty sweet
FF4- Awesome story, plus it's challenging at times
FF5- A lot of jobs, plus introduction to Mr. Gilgamesh
FF6- Best story by far, really well designed characters, and best villian imo- bar none.
FF7- Also amazing story, and well designed characters, also has cool villian.
FF8- The "Official" return of Mr. Gilgamesh, plus Squall (that's all I know about FF8)
FF9- I can't offer an official opinion here, sorry
FF10- Fairly good story, with a few awesome characters
FF11- Don't you dare!
FF12- Interesting but lackluster (for me) combat system
FF13- It's ok, if you can get passed the 24 hours of mild-boredom.
FF13-2 - if you liked FF13, then play 13-2, you'll probably enjoy it (BUT! Free roam comes a lot faster)

That's my two-cents if you've never played a FF game and want to start, if you're wondering where to get them.

FF1-2=NES, get an emulator.
FF4-6=SNES, get an emulator.
FF7-9=PS1, get an emulator or just get a PS2 emulator
FF10-12= PS2, see above
FF13/13-2= PS3, xbox360.. Buy either of them, they're both good consoles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janus1

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 am

Wish I had ps Crying or Very sad

Personally, I wouldn't recommend 8 or 9...but I'd like to try 5 or 6 if I get a chance...maybe I should save up for psp vita...does any1 here own vita? is it good? (I heard some bad things about them, that they're not as good as it seems...)
Or dsl 3D (did i get that right? Shocked ) hmm~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FastfoodJesus
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:43 am

I wouldn't bother getting a vita, just because it doesn't seem as mainstream as the 3D NDS right now (3D Nintendo DS)

I wouldn't really recommend getting a 3D DS right now either due to sheer price, give it a few months more and the price will probably go down a bit more.

Highly recommend you download an emulator and get the rom for FF6, Janus1. FF5 is ok, but mainly for Gilgamesh and the job system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janus1

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 pm

FastfoodJesus wrote:
I wouldn't bother getting a vita, just because it doesn't seem as mainstream as the 3D NDS right now (3D Nintendo DS)

I wouldn't really recommend getting a 3D DS right now either due to sheer price, give it a few months more and the price will probably go down a bit more.

Highly recommend you download an emulator and get the rom for FF6, Janus1. FF5 is ok, but mainly for Gilgamesh and the job system.

i only have dsl right now (had ps long ago but I have no idea where it is now...my mum isn't going to let me buy ps/wii because she knows if I buy it, I'll probably play 24/7 Razz )
Guess I'll pass on vita and maybe wait for 3ds price to drop.
Wish I had a friend who plays games... Crying or Very sad
Thank you for the tip anyways. (I'd really love to try ff6 you recommended. I'll figure something out lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FastfoodJesus
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Best plan is to download an emulator, Janus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:50 am

Just to give people a heads up who're on an Android device...

Final Fantasy 1-6 are available for FREE via an App called "Happy Bay" ..

As well as Dragon Quest 1-6. Chrono Trigger, and over 1000 other retro SNES & Sega games..

Including many, many "released only in Japan" titles.. which can be a lot of fun haha!

Since finding this app about a week back.. my time spent in Fantasica has been limited.

http://m.happybay.mobi/phone/

At the moment, I consider it to be the greatest app I've ever come across..

In my view, it'd be worth picking up an Android Nexus 7 or 10 Tablet just for this free emulator/game library!

It's a very polished app, with great game control/button layouts, & the ability to save/load any game at any time Wink

Also, it downloads most games within 15 seconds.. since the majority of them are < 15 megabytes LOL

I hope someone here reads this & tries it out.. spread the word! PEACE

P.S. - THEY EVEN HAVE FINAL FANTASY: MYSTIC QUEST!! HAHA! Ever heard of that one! Razz

P.S.S. - Also for those on Android, download Aptoide App Market. http://m.aptoide.com/installer , and you'll be able to download the 2004 Remastered version of Final Fantasy 1 for free!!!!!

P.S.S.S. - ... PSP Vita's etc are great for Final Fantasy titles! .. DS systems are superior for Dragon Quest ones.. & Androids are the best open source mobile devices for emulators, would anyone care to dispute that last claim? ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
FastfoodJesus
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 am

Quote :
P.S. - THEY EVEN HAVE FINAL FANTASY: MYSTIC QUEST!! HAHA! Ever heard of that one!

Why oh why did you have to mention it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jheun
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:57 am

Mystic Quest was something else. I think it only took a few hours to get completely through that.

My favorite FF games are as follows:

FF VII - Loved it. Great story and game play and very challenging if you wanted to complete everything and obtain all the Materia and beat the Weapons. You also get attached to (most) characters. Vincent and Yuffi were forgettable.

FF III - Kefka was a beast with his diabolical laugh. Again you get attached to most of the characters and the story development was by far the best of the series.

FF IX - Awesome. They tried to bring back the old days by re-introducing castles and knights and all that good stuff. Antagonist was pretty cool and the story was nice. But why did I not know the final boss until the last 10 minutes of the game...

FF X - I don't care what people say I thought this game was good. There were challenging times in the game but it was very linear. Once you got toward the end of the game it got a little better but still. I thought the story was written very well and the twist at the end was Excellent.

FF Mystic Quest - Fun little game and nothing more.

FF II - Fun game and very basic and generic. Who would have thought an Empire would be built from this. This is where the franchise took off. Also sells for $50K in auction. Makes me wish I still had my copy.

FF XIII-2 - This game far surpasses the original and the gameplay is outstanding. Love the monster capturing thing and Caius is growing on me as a cool antagonist. It is a really good game but I think X-2 kinda turned people away from this one.

FF XII - It was good and that is about it. New battle style but that is all it really had going for it. Balthier and Fran were pretty awesome though.

FF games not to bother with would be XI and X-2.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3127-fantasi-mart-your-one-s
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Today at 6:34 am

Back to top Go down

New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2