HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

5* Acquisition Strategery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gamkins

PostSubject: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:08 pm

So I pulled my first 5* (Bernhard) this last weekend from a premium mega box. It was a nice birthday present. Alas, of the 3 boxes I purchased that day from Google Play gift cards he was the only 5* I got. How should I go about getting more 5*? I will begin to sell of the 4*s I got from those boxes, but should I trade for Time Elixers or straight Luna? I was educated early on by the wonderous Clocksproket that people won't trade 4*s for 5*s pretty much ever.

In a nutshell:
Should I begin to acquire Luna or TEs from my 4*s?
Should I level the more valuable 4*s before trading them? (Like Chris and Dhimitrios)
Which are the most rare 4*s?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: oops   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:11 pm

I meant to put this in the game discussion area... I failed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:22 pm

You'll notice most people trade 5*s for a lot of TEs -- 100-300+. So my biggest recommendation is for... everyone to sell me their elixirs! Laughing

(To be actually helpful though -- elixirs are more wanted than pure luna, so you;ll want to go that route.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Thank you!   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:34 pm

That is kinda what I figured, but I wanted to hear it from someone smarter than me. I'm glad you could provide that service. Also, thanks for moving my thread.

ALL HAIL CLOCKSPROKET!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdelmundo

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 pm

New series premium boxes (Dark elf, Armed Forces, Witch Series) give roughly a 50/50 chance of getting a 5* card. I get roughly one every two boxes, sometimes multiple in one box. Your mileage may vary.

I don't recommend pulling from the classic deck anymore honestly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brokenchicken
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:37 pm

5* Acquisition Strategy: Spend real money.

...Unless you're either ridiculously lucky or ready to grind for weeks, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Your mileage may really vary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdelmundo

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Yeah... When buying boxes, I almost always buy 3-5 boxes at a time. Gets expensive fast...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamkins

PostSubject: Yar   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:50 pm

All the advice is greatly appreciated. I guess I will hold out for the next set then and see what I can get. I imagine that I will be spending a lot of time grinding in the mean time. I don't mind though. I can grind away while I'm at work each day. When I pulled my 5* I had nearly 100 lvl 6 ravenous bears to use as feeders... now I begin the stock pile again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brokenchicken
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:03 pm

jdelmundo wrote:
Yeah... When buying boxes, I almost always buy 3-5 boxes at a time. Gets expensive fast...

You're dropping $100-150 on the game at a time?

On multiple occasions?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:08 pm

clocksprocket wrote:

Your mileage may really REALLY vary. Perhaps even varying to such magnitude that your metaphorical car breaks down in the middle of no where, but then you have a slight glimmer of hope....a gallon of gas in the trunk! ....Then you realize you drive a Hummer H1.....and realize you'll only make it another 7 miles further.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 pm

It can be kind of frustrating trying to get your first 5* without spending any money on packs.

What I'd suggest is: Do training on 10-4 to get the 2* drops (Ravenous Bears). Enhance with 3 1* cards to lv4, then sell the lv4 2* for 10k. It's a typical price, and you'll find many buyers.

Then use the luna to stock up TEs. You'll need at least 100-150 (ie about 6-9m luna). Wait until about mid-way through an event, and look for cheap deals on 5*s for TEs. People who're on the fringe of getting a 5* / 6* reward from the event will often sell their 5*s for cheap.

Right after an event, players with a lot of new 5* / 6* cards will also sometimes trade 4-5 maxed 4*s for a 5*, to enhance their new cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:05 pm

1. Max Bernhard
2. Trade for 2 decent 5 stars
3. ???
4. PROFIT

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:20 pm

clocksprocket wrote:

So should I mention I pulled more 6* than 5* in mega box decks than from specialty decks? O_o Hehe. JK clocks :-)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cire9999

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:17 pm

brokenchicken wrote:
jdelmundo wrote:

You're dropping $100-150 on the game at a time?

On multiple occasions?

Lol, makes me wonder how rich some people are in this game... I earn around US$46k per year but I still feel very guilty everytime i buy a box (bought 2 so far).

If those people who appear on the rare card pull list every 10 minutes are earning way more than I, how do they still find time to play this game? *mind blown* Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:57 am

Am I the only person in this game that thinks even spending 30 dollars at once on a bunch of pretend cards on a cellphone game is pure lunacy?

I mean, I feel like I am pissing money away dropping just 10 dollars in one month on card pulls; and then you got people blowing more money then my weekly paycheck in one whack on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 am

Rage of Bahamut is the top grossing game on the iphone appstore. That's the same thing essentially, but with 2-3m users.

It's gambling in virtual form. :p

Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:01 am

basiliskeye wrote:
Am I the only person in this game that thinks even spending 30 dollars at once on a bunch of pretend cards on a cellphone game is pure lunacy?

No, I believe that is the truth as well.
Too bad I'm a hypocrite and always go behind my own back and do stupid things.... |D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 am

In an unrelated note. that giant bleeding eye is freaking me the hell out...

I think I saw it blink once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 am

clocksprocket wrote:
Rage of Bahamut is the top grossing game on the iphone appstore. That's the same thing essentially, but with 2-3m users.

It's gambling in virtual form. :p

whaaat about blood brothers? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:13 am

BloodBrothers is like if someone said, "Hey remember Unlimited SaGa on the PS2? what if we made that terrible game even worse, and charge money to move?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curasa
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 am

I have the bestest strategy for getting a 5* card as soon as possible! Clear the current event 1 time! I win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:21 am

Curasa wrote:
I have the bestest strategy for getting a 5* card as soon as possible! Clear the current event 1 time! I win.

That's not as fast as dropping $x and getting a 5* drop. Plus Sonia is just a 5* monster for now, needs to be recruited. :p

Never played Blood Brothers so I don't know anything about it. I don't really keep track of these games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fatmatt75

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:32 am

clocksprocket wrote:
Curasa wrote:

That's not as fast as dropping $x and getting a 5* drop. Plus Sonia is just a 5* monster for now, needs to be recruited. :p

Never played Blood Brothers so I don't know anything about it. I don't really keep track of these games.

IMO its the fastest way if you aren't willing to/can't/won't spend money. You do have to remember that not every person playing is a working adult who has a salary(a an allowance doesn't count). Despite having around $150 in my little "piggy" bank, I'm still won't be spending on this game for a few reasons:
MtG is a bigger priority for me.
If I do spend, it would have to go through a higher power(my mom)
Its always good to have extra dosh
And knowing myself, I'll burn out eventually from this game as I typically don't last more than a few weeks on any game(with the only exception being LoL)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:38 am

jdelmundo wrote:
New series premium boxes (Dark elf, Armed Forces, Witch Series) give roughly a 50/50 chance of getting a 5* card. I get roughly one every two boxes, sometimes multiple in one box. Your mileage may vary.

I don't recommend pulling from the classic deck anymore honestly.

Whoa whoa back up a little here. 50/50 chance of getting a 5*? My deck would be filled with 5* event cards if it was that easy. I doubt Fantasica would make 5* or 6* easy to obtain, since they aren't labeled "Rare" cards for that reason. I think you sir just have extreme luck with your card drawing, or the game just loves you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5* Acquisition Strategery   Today at 11:24 am

Back to top Go down

5* Acquisition Strategery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next